Installation of the convector on the wall begins with the study of the requirements for its placement. They should be specified in the passport of the specific device. If there is no passport, then there is nothing wrong with it. To begin with, let’s define the following recommendations:
Electric Convection Heating Explained
Some craftsmen make additional improvements to the convector design to increase its efficiency. Do not do this categorically. any such interference can lead to malfunction or short circuit.
- The optimal distance from the floor is at least 20 cm;
- The distance to the window sill. at least 45-50 cm;
- Distance to the nearest walls. not less than 30 cm.
Note that in front, at a distance of half a meter, you also do not want to place any objects. cabinets, nightstands, sliding tables, chairs, and so on.
Scheme of connecting the convector to the mains is as simple as a dime a dozen. In most cases, the equipment is connected to the network via a wire with a plug. Therefore, it is necessary to install sockets next to each electric appliance. install them next to the wall and connect to the mains. They should not be located at the bottom or top, but on the side, where they will not overheat from the radiated heat. Optimal installation distance is at least 20-30 cm from where the convector is mounted on the wall.
The best way to get rid of sockets is to install the convector on the wall and connect it through a junction box.
Obligatory to observe the minimum distance, which is: from the floor level. 20 cm (for wall models); any surrounding objects. 20 cm side, 50 cm. front and top; wall. 20 cm; ceiling. 50 cm; power (and any other) socket. more than 30 cm.
Can modern convectors be left unattended?? Yes, you can. Most convectors are equipped with a multi-stage protection system. The body of the equipment heats up to 60 degrees, so you should not watch the device all the time.
Can modern convectors be left unattended?? Yes, you can. Most convectors are equipped with a multi-stage security system. The body of the equipment heats up to 60 degrees, so the devices should not be constantly monitored.
It is strictly forbidden to close or obstruct them with closely located elements of interior, decor or furniture. You must take into account the location of curtains, drapes, opening or sliding structures (doors, screens, mobile partitions).
How to install the electric convector on the wall?
So, if you decide to install the electric convector on the wall, you must act as follows:
- Unpack the convector and flip it to the back side.
- Remove the fixing.
- Lean the removed bracket against the wall in a suitable location (where the installation will be made) and mark the mounting holes with a marker.
- If the wall is wooden, screw the fixing with wood screws (length 40-45 mm). If the wall is concrete, pre-drill the holes with a pen, then hammer in the dowels and mount the frame as in the photo below.
- Slide the electric convector onto the installed bracket.
- Connect the plug to the socket, switch on the power.
- Adjust the thermostat to a suitable temperature.
As you can see, the installation of the electric convector on the wall is nothing complicated, the connection all the more. However, there are a few nuances that must be taken into account during installation, which we describe below.
They should not be located at the bottom and not at the top, but on the side, where they will not overheat from the radiated heat. Optimal installation distance. at least 20-30 cm from the convector on the wall. It is best to get rid of outlets by mounting the convector on the wall and connecting it through a junction box.
Remember: it is better to plug the heater directly into the socket on the wall. The second important rule is that there must be no flammable objects within one meter of the heater. Best to put it in the middle of the room, away from walls and furniture.
Remember: it is better to connect the heater to the network directly into the socket on the wall. Second important rule. no flammable objects should be within one meter of the heater. It’s best to put it in the middle of the room, away from walls and furniture.
Keep the electric heater at a safe distance from curtains, furniture and other small or large appliances. Put it only on the floor, and if you have purchased a convector, then mount it on special stands at a small distance from the floor.
Peculiarities of installation of floor and floor heating convectors
To answer this question, let’s explain the principle of operation of the convector heating device, which consists of such elements:
- copper tube, bent in the form of a coil, with connecting threads on the ends;
- Aluminium heat exchanger plates are rigidly attached to the tube;
- The copper-aluminium heat exchanger is covered from the outside with a decorative metal casing with a grid on the top;
- The water heating pipes are connected to the threads.
In the photo on the right copper-aluminum water convector, on the left. the heater with a copper heat exchanger
Do you hang curtains? Don’t make these 5 terrible mistakes!
Note. Connection diagrams for convectors and traditional batteries are identical. The simplest version is to use shutoff valves on the inlets. In case of automatic temperature regulation a valve with a thermostatic head is installed on the inlet and a balancing valve on the outlet.
The principle of operation of any convector is as follows:
- Heat carrier from heating system with initial temperature of 40 80 °C is circulating through the coil. The aluminum plates are heated.
- The heater casing is open from below. From there, cold air flows to the heat exchanger, flowing over the floor of the room.
- Passing between the hot plates, the air is heated, becomes lighter and comes back into the room through the upper grid. Convection air masses start moving in the room. the heated air masses rise to the ceiling, cooled, go down to the floor and pass through the heater again.
The structural difference between the convector and radiator is clear: the first is a copper-aluminum (or steel) heat exchanger, the second consists of sections or heating panels. The principle of operation is also different. a radiator gives off about 50% of the heat by infrared radiation, the remaining 50% goes to the direct heating of air. In convectors of any type, this ratio is 10% and 90% respectively.
Floor (left) and wall-mounted device works the same way. the cold air comes in from below, the heated air goes out through the upper grid
How to outwardly distinguish a convection heater:
- by the casing with an upper grille for air passage;
- you can see the fins of the heat exchanger at the top, at the bottom it is completely open;
- The surface of the body is never heated to a high temperature, maximum. 40 45 degrees.
Convection heater and radiator are different heaters. Users sometimes confuse the terms because convectors look like low floor radiators.
Calculate the power of the convector by area and volume
Choosing convector heaters for heating your home, you are making an excellent choice. This equipment is highly efficient, allowing to heat the living quarters of any purpose. But before buying it is necessary to work with numbers to calculate the number and power of devices. Calculating the power of the convector. the process is not as complicated as it may seem at first glance. And in this review we present you with two formulas for the correct calculation.
Installation of gas convectors
Assemble the gas convector, of course, more complicated than the electric, but in this process there is nothing difficult. The main thing is to follow exactly the instructions and tips from this article.
Почему тухнет газовый конвектор? 12 ПРИЧИН
Electric convectors have one important disadvantage. they consume a huge amount of electricity. So, the cost of heating of a house with area of 100 sq.m. is much higher than the temperature of the heater. м. can be up to 30 thous. Depending on the temperature outside. In the southern regions the costs will be more or less acceptable, in the northern regions less modest. But in any case, heating with electricity is very expensive. gas is several times cheaper.