To keep the product in its original form, you need to take care of it properly. Jeans may fade and lose their shape.
To avoid this, you need to know a number of rules. Before washing your jeans in the machine:
- Soak the jeans for 45 minutes;
- fasten all buttons, zippers and closures;
- After soaking, turn the jeans inside out, put them in a bag (if one pair) and throw them in the drum of the machine;
- use a detergent for colored fabrics, exclude bleach;
- Wash strictly at 30 to 45 degrees Celsius (a higher temperature can provoke shedding of the product);
- Choose a mode of delicate washing (some modern washing machines have a mode of washing jeans);
- Use the lowest spin cycle or do not spin at all and air dry them after spreading them out.
How to wash jeans properly?
Jeans are comfortable and practical clothes for every day. For everyday wear they require frequent washing. Need to know how to wash them properly so they don’t lose their attractive appearance.
Washing instructions for your jeans
Denim is quite dense, which means it is resistant to wear and tear. Nevertheless, even with a single improper washing it can lose its characteristics, so you should remember a few rules:
Do You Really Need To Wash Your Jeans?
- It is recommended to minimize the frequency of your jeans. Ideally, one wash every couple of months is enough. If a garment gets dirty, you need to remove them with a brush or damp sponge. If there is a serious stain, treat the contaminated area locally.
- If your jeans are too long, they must be shortened. But it is better to do it after washing, because the thing can shrink.
- You need to watch the water temperature, wash program and chemicals you use.
- Do not wrinkle or twist the material.
- Whether you need to turn your jeans out when washing them in the machine depends on the presence of accessories: chains, metal rivets, cuts. Unwrapping helps to avoid dye fade, because when the front of the product is in contact with the drum of the machine and other things there is a risk of dye washout.
Do I have to wash them after buying them??
Manufacturers use different chemicals in the manufacture of clothing. The latter may not be good for your health. Want to avoid allergies and similar problems? Make it a rule to wash new jeans and other clothing.
How to wash jeans for the first time, you may ask?
Do it in the machine or by hand, without detergent or any detergent. During the first wash, extra dye and all kinds of chemicals are removed from the fabric.
How to hand wash jeans?
Denim pants have left the category of simple comfortable clothes. Designers decorate their creations with rhinestones, sequins, hand or machine embroidery. Owners of such pants have nothing else to do but to properly wash jeans by hand:
- Preparing. Before water procedures, s should be checked for small debris, jeans should be buttoned and turned to the wrong side. Soaking and washing is best done while spread out, so it’s best to pour water directly into a tub rather than a basin. To scrub the dirt you need a brush of medium hardness
- Soaking. If your jeans are very dirty, you can soak them in warm water before you wash them. The maximum time for this procedure does not exceed 30-40 minutes, otherwise there may be streaks from the metal parts. To keep rivets and zippers from losing their shine, it’s best to soak them in a solution of laundry soap.
- Washing. Lathering the brush with laundry soap, gently work it all over the surface of the pants, moving along the location of the fibers. This method, how to wash jeans with a brush to help gently extract dirt particles without damaging the fabric structure.
- Rinse. Wash the soap off the fabric with a shower jet, repeating the procedure several times until it is completely removed. Pour a small amount of water in the tub, add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar and leave for 10-15 minutes. Then without twisting hang over the bathtub to the water drain.
How to wash jeans. in a washing machine, mode, temperature
Each of us has at least one pair of jeans in the closet. We love them because they’re comfortable, practical and help accentuate your figure. If we want them to look like new, we should know how to wash jeans in the washing machine and by hand. Here are tips to help your favorite denim pants stay perfect for years to come.
How to wash jeans after purchase
Experts advise against washing denim immediately after purchase. How to wash denim clothes for the first time:
- Washing before you wear them for the first time should be avoided. Dye-coated pants and other dense cotton items need time to set. Usually it is recommended to expose jeans to moisture only 7-10 days after purchase.
- Wash denim clothes separately from other items. Exposure to moisture the first time you wash your jeans will often cause them to shed. Dye that has washed out of the fibers can ruin other things. Wash separately or together with items of similar shade.
- Use special color-strengthening agents. Laundry detergents are available in household cleaners and are relatively inexpensive. A budget home alternative is to use regular vinegar when rinsing the product.
- Do not use hot water. Considering how to properly wash your jeans for the first time, you should make an accent on the importance of temperature selection. Not recommended to take hot water for care. The reason again is the high risk of shedding and shrinkage of things made of dense denim.
It’s important to know that many jeans are made of cotton with additives. This may result in changes to the care recommendations. Before washing heavy cotton pants for the first time, it is worth reading the manufacturer’s instructions on the label.
At what temperature can you wash jeans
The most gentle, optimal temperature mode of washing jeans. 30-35 degrees. This temperature will not let things “shrink”, will not stretch the fibers. The only possible “minus” mode does not cope with most difficult stains. So when heavily soiled clothes wash by hand, and then start washing jeans in the washing machine. The other option is to raise the degree to 40 or more. Stretchy pants should not be washed at high temperatures: they will stretch, sag in relief and the garment will be completely destroyed.
A common myth: to keep things in pristine condition, you need to wash them by hand, not exclude jeans. Modern washing machines are equipped with special modes, which will help protect the product from stretching, loss of color and other damage.
Jeans should not be confused with light textiles and wash them after a single wear. Well-known designers and directors of fashion houses assure that such items should be washed several times a year. It all depends on individual wearing habits and personal preferences.
Frequency worn is a determining factor in terms of laundry: care for jeans for everyday hike to work will be quite different from the product worn at the event. Washing interval. once every 2 to 4 months. In addition, the denim material from which most jeans are made is not such a starchy fabric that it gets dirty after a single wear.
Embroidery, rhinestones, sequins, stones and other decorative elements now occupy the first place in choosing relevant and fashionable youth clothes. Embellishment dictates its own conditions on the care of such things:
But this does not apply to the first wash after you purchase your new clothes. After all, every other denim piece can shed on its debut wash. This is due to the fact that the jeans are covered with a natural dye indigo.
Another simple but important rule, which everyone often forgets: wash dense denim only with fabrics similar in texture. Otherwise the delicate silk or chiffon will be damaged. T-shirts and shirts can safely be sent into the wash in tandem with jeans, if the first sewn from cotton and the color is similar to a denim product.
Preparing for the wash
Manufacturers indicate on the labels of their products the recommended mode of washing. As the decorating area increases, the degrees and speeds should decrease to leave all metal and plastic fittings intact. It is better not to abuse the long soak.
Soaking in a machine can provoke the appearance of rust from buttons and other metal parts. If for dark fabrics such an oversight is forgivable, then white pants or jacket will spoil completely. Also, the quality of modern clothing varies greatly, and in addition to the loss of color, many things are planted. Some machines have a special program for treating these items. In this case, you need to choose it. And if the fabric is less dense, you set the delicate/manual mode.
The optimum degrees for each product are individual and are also indicated on the tag. If for some reason this information is not available, it is worth remembering that the optimum temperature is 30-40 ° C. The standard mark for washing dense denim is 40 ° C.