Undesirable and recommended varieties
The use of special fragrance oils for humidification is not possible in all types of humidifiers, but only in those that have the fragrance function. Application of ether in combination with water leads to the equipment damage. Problems are caused by the inability to properly clean the internal elements of humidifiers from oils. This leads to contamination of filters, membrane compartments. The frequent use of oil-based fragrance reduces the effectiveness of the steam heater and will eventually cause it to malfunction. As an exception the spout of steam humidifiers is used with a drop of oil. In the place where steam escapes, oil combines with air and adds fragrance, and the inside of the humidifier does not suffer.
Experts do not recommend using such humidifying devices for scenting rooms:
- Steam type models. If you add fragrance to such devices, you should wash them thoroughly before humidification, and better yet, after each session.
- Ultrasonic air humidifiers. Oil affects the operation of the humidifier and the apparatus will quickly need repair.
- Traditional devices. Such devices will not only have to be constantly cleaned from fragrance oil residues. They will also need to change filters often.
For the addition of aroma oils it is best to use a humidifier with an aroma function. Such a device is equipped with a special compartment for fragrance, and the main part of the device does not come into contact with oils, causing no harm to the mechanisms.
In some cases, humidifying devices are used for air scenting, which work on the model of a washing machine. Such humidifiers do not get dirty and do not need removable filters.
Why do humidifiers need fragrances?
We can’t immediately tell if the air in a room is humidified enough, we don’t always match our body’s negative reactions to that indicator. But we can sense odors right away!
Everyone knows how a hospital or a bakery smells, how freshly laundered laundry or brewed coffee smells. Smell is one of the main characteristics of a room. Therefore, the ability of humidifiers to fill the space with pleasant odors is highly valued. This task is performed by fragrances.
Thanks to the fact that humidifiers began to equip them, not only the water particles that increase humidity, but also useful substances of essential oils, which the scents are filled with, get into the air. Such substances. phytoncides. are able to cope with harmful bacteria, they can also get rid of unpleasant odors in the room.
Aromatic oils are pure distilled extracts obtained from flowers, skins, stems, leaves of plants or fruits. Essential oil is often used in aromatherapy and added to the air humidifier, because many kinds of essences dispose to physical and emotional relaxation.
Today there are many different types of humidifiers with different capabilities and functions: steam humidifiers, ultrasonic units, atomizers, cold-type humidifiers. But is it possible to add oils to the humidifier, which not only fragrance the room, but also improve health?
On sale are devices for humidifying the air, with a fragrance function, the so-called aroma humidifiers. So many are interested in the latter option, in particular its impact on general well-being, mood and creating a climate in the room.
Aromatizing air humidifier is a household appliance that vaporizes essential oils along with the steam. When released into the air, fine water particles make the climate in the room more humid, and fill the space with phytoncides, which are present in the composition of each essential product.
Keep in mind that if you use essential oils in the humidifier, it must be cleaned and rinsed after each use, since harmful heat-loving microbes multiply intensively inside.
However, before adding any essential oil to the humidifier, you should be aware of its beneficial properties and the harm it can cause the human body.
Positive and Negative Properties of Aromatic Oils
Even in ancient times plant extracts were used to treat various ailments. In our time, modern science has proven that these substances do have beneficial effects on mental and physical health. The phytoncides contained in the essential product get into the blood stream when inhaled, so they have an immediate effect.
Essences are especially useful if you need to restore the nervous system and put your mental and emotional state in order. Aromatic oils added to the humidifier have beneficial effects on:
- Respiratory and cardiac system functioning;
- the appearance of hair and skin;
- brain function and ability to concentrate;
- the immune system, which makes the body more resistant to viral and bacterial infections.
NEXGADGET Cool Mist Humidifier (can use with essential oil)
For the most part, essential oils contain antioxidants that prevent premature aging and remove harmful carcinogens from the body. For this reason herbal extracts are often used as performance-optimizing agents that effectively fight many diseases.
However, we should not forget about the negative properties of aroma oils. Air humidifier, emitting a saturated herbal smell along with the steam, except for the positive effect in some cases, has a negative impact. Thus, the addition of natural flavoring can be harmful if the dosage is not observed and the extracts are not mixed properly.
Inhalation of healing vapors can have a negative effect on:
- prone to allergies (especially care should be taken with sage and thuja);
- bronchial asthma (an attack can be sudden, so you should consult a doctor before the procedure);
- Pregnancy (special care should be taken with rosemary, cedar, sage and basil);
- People who are breastfeeding (the scent inhaled with mother’s milk will instantly enter baby’s bloodstream, which may have a negative impact on the immature body).
Also people who have thyroid disorders, kidney or high body temperature, it is better to refuse treatment that uses a humidifier with aromatherapy function.
Popular humidifier fragrances
What essential oil can be added to a humidifier? There are many extracts used in aromatherapy, from the well-known chamomile extract to the essence of Asian bergamot:
An oil should be added to the humidifier at the rate of not more than 5 drops per 15 m2 of the room.
- Orange. Orange oil can improve mood, it cheers up, eliminates anxiety and cures insomnia. Also the intense aroma of citrus stabilizes the heart and improves digestion.
- Basil extract is a strong antispasmodic, antibacterial, and soothing agent. Basil can be combined with eucalyptus to increase the antimicrobial effect.
- Bergamot. Bergamot oil is a powerful antifungal agent, and it also lowers fever, improves appetite, and stimulates creativity.
- Eucalyptus. Phytoncides contained in eucalyptus provide a strong antiviral, antimicrobial effect. The oil can also be added to a humidifier to repel various insects.
- Tea tree essential oil. has antifungal, antiviral, antimicrobial action. It is also known for its ability to fight sinusitis, asthma, and bronchitis.
- Lemon. The mildly tart, sweet and sour scent of this citrus fruit is an excellent antiviral. Just a few drops of lemon fragrance added to a humidifier will get rid of migraines, flu, and other viral illnesses.
- Lavender oil calms and relieves insomnia, headaches, depression, and helps cope with nervous exhaustion.
- Chamomile. It is known for its calming, relaxing, and anti-stress properties. Chamomile extract can also be used to normalize digestion.
- Cloves have a strong antibacterial effect. The spice is often used to get rid of wet coughs, as it has a strong expectorant effect.
- Camphor oil. Famous for its anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties, camphor also has a slight analgesic effect.
- Yarrow. Excellent inhibitor of inflammatory manifestations, t.е. Yarrow slows the spread of infection in the body.
- Anise. has expectorant, antiseptic and antispasmodic properties.
- Juniper essential extract. a natural antibiotic, so it actively fights inflammation of the lungs and bronchi. Also the aroma oil copes with apathy, gets rid of fears, clears the blood vessels and normalizes the pressure.
- Peppermint. The fresh minty smell alleviates the symptoms of colds thanks to its sedative and antiseptic properties.
- Pine aroma oil is an effective remedy for colds. The fresh pine scent restores lung cells, so it is used for the prevention of viral diseases.
- Fir. has a pronounced anti-cold effect. Often fir is mixed with various extracts.
- Aromatherapy with sage helps restore the voice, stabilizes the emotional background, removes depression, heals purulent pathologies on the skin, activates blood microcirculation and increases blood pressure.
Optimal combinations of essential oils
Combining herbal extracts is not only possible, but necessary. However, it should be done with extreme caution. So, it is useful to add a mixture of essential oils such as:
Car Cologne Mist Humidifer Review. Uber Driver’s Will LOVE This
- sandalwood, chamomile and petitgrain. relieves insomnia ;
- Pine, frankincense, spruce, orange for better concentration;
- sandalwood, ylang ylang, lavender. combats stress;
- pine, ginger fir, peppermint. for uplifting;
- sandalwood, lavender, petitgrain, marjoram. for relaxation.
it is worth noting. If the device does not have a fragrance function, then no fragrance oil or other substances should be added to the container filled with water. The humidifier should be used strictly according to the instructions for use. Otherwise you can damage not only your own well-being, but also the “health” of the technique.
Scenting and humidifying the air in the children’s room. Double benefit
In last article we told you why a humidifier for a child is important. Modern Inbreathe baby humidifiers offer more than just humidification. One of the most interesting functions is the aroma diffuser.
Some essential oils, such as lavender oil, can eliminate the baby’s tearfulness and ensure a restful and sound sleep.
Inbreathe baby humidifier. Due to its compact size, the diffuser does not take up much space and fits perfectly even on a small bedside table.
The device consumes minimal electricity. Humidifiers run almost noiselessly, so they do not disturb even the delicate sleep of the baby.
The possibility of choosing the light and turning it off at will allows using the humidifier for a newborn (aroma diffuser) as a night light. You can set the desired operating time with the timer. Steam intensity can also be adjusted. The device is absolutely safe because in case the water in the tank runs out, thanks to the built-in hydrostat, the device will automatically shut off. The device has no small unscrewing elements, which makes it absolutely safe.
The result of using an electric aroma lamp for the baby will be noticeable in a few minutes, the air will cease to be dry, and the baby will feel most comfortable.
3 Fragrance / Cologne Hacks!
Baby humidifier will prevent drying of mucous membranes and skin of the newborn and facilitate breathing, which in turn will ensure a deep and restful sleep.
The device will help make the baby comfortable in the room, improve immunity, maintain health and provide the right conditions for the formation of the upper respiratory tract.
In a room with a good humidification the child sleeps more calmly, he is less subject to mood swings and difficulties associated with sleep, and if the air is also filled with natural essential oils it is a double benefit for the health of the child.
The flip side of the fragrance medal
Harmful effects occur when you are overly fond of the aromatherapy moisturizer. For example, you know very well what to add to the humidifier when treating colds, what oil is the most effective. But absolutely no thought is given to the quantity, and an overdose should not be underestimated.
Not every remedy has the same positive effect on different people. What helps one may very well harm another
For some conditions and chronic diseases, it is better not to know about essential oils at all.
So, without a doctor’s permission, you can not experiment with aromatherapy:
People with kidney disease, any stage of asthma, thyroid disorders, epilepsy, severe mental illness should not use flavors. Essential oils are contraindicated in a painful condition accompanied by a high temperature.
Aroma diffuser-humidifier is ideal for people who use aromatherapy. This household appliance evaporates essential oils along with moisture particles. Thus, the air is gradually saturated not only with water particles, but also phytoncides from oils.
The humidifier fills the air with moisture and gets rid of unpleasant odors. This allows you to forget about the air fresheners.
In addition to affecting the microclimate, fragrances can have a beneficial effect on the human body:
Such devices are actively used not only at home, but also in working conditions: in massage parlors, beauty salons. The fragrances that fill the air persist for a long time.
Ultrasonic fragrance humidifier. What’s the purpose of a?
The range of appliances for aromatization is quite wide and contains various product names. A reasonable question arises. humidifier fragrance for what is needed? After all, for decades the function of humidifying the room perfectly copes humidifier. It has become so popular that it can be found in almost every home. Why do you need an aroma humidifier?? To answer this question, let’s first look at what the device is.
The fragrance humidifier also humidifies the room. And ultrasound device does it more effectively, because its atomization is so small that in contrast to the humidifier steam is not deposited on the surface in the form of condensation, and is delayed directly in the air, permanently preserving the useful properties of essential oils.
So you can forget about such unpleasant phenomena as dry throat, shortness of breath, dry mucous membranes, dry skin and hair.
- Remove the decorative and inner lid
- Pour water into the tank
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the water
- Return the decorative and inner lid to its original seating position
- Connect the adapter to the DC socket and to a household electrical outlet or USB.
- Press the power button
- Control the light/sound with the button on the unit/remote control as you wish.
But, the fragrance humidifier has another feature. With its help you can not only humidify but also aromatize the room. Firstly, it is a natural aromatization with natural essential oils, as opposed to harmful chemical air fresheners; secondly, it is not just a fragrance, but an aromatherapy session. We have already talked about the benefits of essential oils, they increase immunity, restore the body’s defenses, normalize sleep, eliminate depression and chronic fatigue, improve mood, concentration, etc.д. in detail one of our articles on this topic: 6 secrets how to use beneficially essential oils in an aromatic diffuser.
It is the possibility of aromatherapy that makes the ultrasonic humidifier fragrance more effective for positive effects on the human body. Despite the fact that aromatherapy is not a recognized method of treatment, treating therapists very often use it in a set of rehabilitation measures to accelerate recovery, both physical and emotional. Owners of the fragrance humidifier confirm the noticeable result after the third use of the device.
To this I would like to add that the scent humidifiers have a very interesting and original design that will complement and accentuate your interior.
What humidifier can be used for scenting the air with essential oils?
Ultrasonic humidifier with aromatherapy function is ideal for this purpose. Humidifiers for essential oils can be bought in the online store Antistress.Store. It is often referred to as. Ultrasonic aroma lamp and ultrasonic aroma diffuser.
This device allows for sufficient humidification of the air, while evaporating the essential oil particles. The principle of operation of such devices is as simple as possible, yet effective. They are not as sensitive to water quality and will not break down if poor quality water is used. There are no filters used in their construction, so there is nothing to clog. Essential oil must be added to the humidifier, directly into the water tank (we recommend using about 5 drops of essential oil for every 15 sq. м. room) and turn on the device. Online store Antistress.Store gives an official full guarantee that any natural essential oils can be used in Inbreathe scented humidifiers.
Adding essential oils to the Inbreathe aroma humidifier has beneficial effects on human health. First of all on the respiratory system, immunity strengthening, and the psycho-emotional state. Aromatherapy also helps in the treatment of respiratory diseases. About the useful properties of essential oils can be read here. In addition to the positive effects on the body, aromatherapy masks unpleasant odors, as well as destroys bacteria in the apartment.
Essential oils in a humidifier
Aromatic oils are pure distilled extracts obtained from flowers, skins, stems, leaves of plants or fruits. Essential oil is often used in aromatherapy and added to the humidifier, because many kinds of essences dispose to physical and emotional relaxation.
Today there are many different types of humidifiers with different capabilities and functions: steam, ultrasonic units, atomizers, humidifiers cold type. However, can you add oils to your humidifier that not only fragrance the room, but also improve your health?
Air humidifiers are commercially available with a fragrance function, the so-called aroma humidifiers. Therefore, many are interested in the latter option, in particular its impact on general well-being, mood and creating a climate in the room.
Humidifier with fragrance function is a household appliance that vaporizes essential oils together with steam. When released into the air, fine water particles make the room climate more humid and also fill the space with phytoncides that are present in every essential product.
However, before you add any essential oil to your humidifier, you should know about its beneficial properties and the harm it can cause to the human body.