Homemade wine from Isabella grapes
Isabella is a red grape variety with distinctive smell and taste. Once you try it, you won’t be confused with any other. For food it is very tasty, but the homemade wine is not bad.
The preparation process is not much different from the usual. We make the mash in the same way and leave it to ferment, stirring it from time to time.
When you squeeze the juice from the pulp, be sure to try it. If it tastes sour and stings your tongue, add water. It will remove unnecessary acidity, which may appear due to the fact that the grapes grew and matured in less than ideal conditions.
Tip: If it tastes okay to you, you don’t need to add water.
Then we pour the juice into fermentation bottles, put hydrosealer. And add sugar. For grapes ripened in normal conditions, the optimal amount is 100-150 grams per liter.
All the sugar is combined with the juice as follows:
Wine from Isabella ferments for 35-70 days. If after 50-55 the process still continues, then be sure to drain the wine from the sediment and put it under the odoriferous odorifer again.
If the wine is sour in the final version, you can sweeten it by adding sugar. In this case keep it under the odour trap for 8-10 days more, then close the bottle.
Keep in a basement or cellar at 7-15 degrees for at least 3 months (up to 6). Then pour into bottles.
Squeeze the grapes with a manual device
With a small volume of raw material for the juice extraction, it is recommended to use hands or hand tools. Before pressing the grapes with your hands should be thoroughly washed and put on rubber gloves. Squeeze the berries without haste, keep your hands at the bottom of the container.
We recommend avoiding contact between juice and metal (except stainless steel), t. к. This impairs the taste of the drink and causes oxidation.
You can also squeeze out the juice with a wooden rolling pin or pestle. For a faster processing time, use a drill or an electric screwdriver with a mixer attachment. This method does not require additional devices, but in this case the grapes are not crushed in their entirety, and together with the berries small parts of the combs fall into the pulp.
Instead of a construction mixer, you can construct a stainless steel blade in the form of a propeller.
- Pick fruits thoroughly, discard spoiled ones, rinse.
- After pre-cooking, place them in a colander, fixing it over a bucket or bowl.
- Squeeze out all the juice from the berries with your hands.
- Pour the liquid into a saucepan and strain it twice through gauze.
- Then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Fruits, including exotic fruits (mangoes, avocados, persimmons, etc.)
- Berries. Include stone fruits (grapes, raspberries, gooseberries, buckthorn, Kalina, pomegranate and many others)
- Grind the vegetables (soft and hard), herbs and roots
- All herbs. Sprouted wheat and even aloe leaves
The centrifugal force destroys the very structure of the fruit to get the juice, unlike an auger that gently squeezes them. Vegetables and fruits are chopped with a kind of grater, rotating at high speed, and thus obtain a juice-rich puree.
- Peel the berries and put them in a bowl. Crush the grapes with your hands or a potato press.
- Strain the mash through a sieve. Transfer the pulp to gauze and squeeze it again.
- Pour the juice into a pot and put it on a low heat. Add sugar to taste.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foam and pour the juice into a jug.
Prepare the juicer and the bowl where the juice will be collected. Wash the grapes, separate the berries from the branches and leaves. By the way, some juicers allow you to work with whole clusters of grapes. you can pass the grapes through the juicer without separating each berry from the branches.
Juice from berries can be squeezed with an electric or hand juicer, juicer, lever press, with a special. Meat grinder attachments, manual screw press. In order to squeeze the juice fully, it is recommended to heat the berries before squeezing to 60 degrees.
A simple recipe for wine with the addition of water
The recipe with the addition of water is even simpler. But, as the samples have shown, the simplest is the best!
- Let’s go through the grapes: remove trash, twigs and big dirt. Squeeze it by hand and pour it into a separate container. Add water and sugar. Stir.
- We close the bottle at once with a trap and put it away to ferment in a warm and dark place.
- Fermentation will last 2 weeks. Check the taste of the must every 3 to 4 days. If the wine is too sour, add sugar at the rate of 70 grams per 1 liter of must. We do so until we achieve the desired flavor.
- After 2 weeks pour out the must by any suitable means and bottle it to finish maturing. Temperatures of 12-14 °C.
- Maturation will last about 40-60 days.
How to harvest?
Experienced specialists advise cleaning the grapes in three steps:
- The first 5-10 picks are cut, which are as good as mature. Ribbons are marked with those brushes that will be ready in 5-6 days.
- Cut the prepared brushes, which are already ripe and ready for harvesting.
- The rest of the branches are cut, and are generally left for maximum maturation and sugarification. These varieties are suitable for juicing, wine-making and drying.
How To Juice Grapes!
The technology of harvesting grapes is as follows:
- Preparing the container. it is best to take small plastic or wooden boxes, in which the cut brushes are stacked in one row. This will prevent the formation of crumpled grapes. On the bottom, be sure to lay a layer of any paper.
- The tool for cutting. woody brushes at their maximum maturity are quite difficult to separate from the mother vine. Therefore, it is more convenient to cut with a garden pruner.
- Disinfection. the blades of the secateurs must be treated with any antiseptic that is on hand. This measure is necessary to ensure that in the process of cutting the vine through the juice did not get pathogenic flora, which can be found directly on the surface of the blades.
- Cutting time. the optimal time is from 8 to 10 am, when the morning dew has already subsided, but there is still no heat of the day.
Do not cut grapes in wet or rainy weather. Wet berries do not store well, and vines left in the rain with cuts increase the risk of fungal infection.
Step by step
- Inspect the bunches, remove the dry twigs, and cut off any bad grapes.
- Take the brush in the left hand from below, and make the cut with the right hand as close to the mother vine as possible.
- Carefully lower the cut cluster into the prepared container with the cut upwards, so as not to damage the neighboring clusters.
When the box is completely full, place it in a cool place. The next steps depend entirely on the purpose for which the grapes were grown.
If it is for sale, the sale should take place immediately on the day of cutting.
On the 3rd-4th day of maturation some varieties with particularly thin peel begin to drain. For long-term storage take only those varieties that are designed for this purpose.
If you don’t want to harm your vineyard while still getting a decent harvest, pay attention to the following nuances:
- Do not cut grapes in very hot and sunny weather. grapes cut and left for a few hours in the heat begin to ferment. This spoils not only their appearance but also their taste.
- Do not detach the brush from the vine. it is very difficult to do so, since the tail becomes dry and tough. Sharp movements can damage the mother vine, and the mature grapes fall to the ground.
- Don’t ignore the daily inspection of the vineyard. remove damaged and rotting grapes in good time. This will keep the whole bunch from rotting until it is fully ripe.
- Do not stack the cut bunches in two layers. under their weight, the grapes will leak juice and will be unfit for storage.
- Do not make the cut in the rain or in the presence of fog. excess moisture will activate the development of fungus.
The harvesting process is not complicated. Even a child can cope with it. But following the above nuances will avoid problems with the further storage of grapes and the development of the vine.
Juicer for grapes
Ladies, please help me!I live in the MO, a very large crop of Isabella ripe. In the past years we used to leave them on the vine, then the wolfsbane ate them all. This year I decided to try making jelly from fresh juice and sugar. The problem is that the grapes near Moscow have a lot of cake and the standard juicer requires constant cleaning. Please advise which juicer does not require frequent cleaning?
My father-in-law, (a long time ago) squeezed the juice of red currants through a stocking, but I do not have such strong hands.
No juicer can do that. I’ve done it differently. I put some water on the bottom of the pan, put the pan on the fire and boil it for a while, then I crushed the grapes with a crusher and drained the juice, then I added sugar and boiled, and the Isabella has very good gelling properties, the jelly is excellent
via stocking. it is for wine when it has fermented but it is very hard and your hands are blue then, even with gloves the juice gets, and it is unreal to squeeze out fresh juice through a stocking
It’s no way to do it, I did it differently. I used to soap the grapes, put them in a pot, put a little water on the bottom, put the pot on the fire, and boil for a while, then I crushed berries with a crusher and poured the juice, then I added sugar and boiled, and the isabella has very good gelling properties, the jelly is great
I wouldn’t want to heat treat. It also happens to be a treasure trove of vitamins in berries and leaves.I already found an auger juicer here. Allegedly, you can even get nut milk. Maybe someone has some, can share their feedback?
via stocking. It is for wine, when it has fermented, but it is very hard and then the hands are blue, even with gloves the juice gets, and fresh through the stocking is unreal to squeeze out
Celentano in a movie was pressing his feet in the dance))))
How are you going to make jelly without heat treatment??
And how are you going to make jelly without heat treatment?
My father-in-law made it this way: “Red currant jelly without heat treatment. Products: red currants. 1 cup of the resulting juice, sugar. 1 cup.Cooking. Rinse the berries, crush them, squeeze the juice. Leave to infuse for a while. Then drain the juice carefully, leaving the mud on the bottom. Add sugar to the resulting juice and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Next, pour the mixture into sterilized small jars (preferably from baby food) and seal with sterilized lids.”Only he poured into large pots, covered with parchment and kept in the refrigerator
Red currant juice is a preservative in itself, they pickle cucumbers in it. I tried making it with grapes in the same proportions, but I couldn’t keep it long )
It is not jelly:) When you cook it, you get real jelly, you can cut out a square with a knife and put it on a bun))
Celentano in a film was kicking them in the dance))))
“The Taming of the Shrew.”. That’s how he sublimated his libido. Also in the same movie, chopping wood until I was exhausted
It’s not jelly:) When you boil it, you get real jelly, you can cut a square with a knife and put it on a bun))
Chews, I have seen and tasted it myself. You can’t cut it with a knife, but it holds its shape in a spoon. And the dignity. vitamins.
No jelly can do that. I did it differently. I used to wash grapes, put them in a saucepan, pour a little water on the bottom, put the pan on the fire and boil for a while, then I crushed berries with a crusher and poured the juice, then I added sugar and boiled, and Isabella has very good gelling properties, the jelly is excellent
The screw juicer juices fruits and berries with soft pips (pomegranate, apples with pips, grapes). I have a Hurom juicer and pips from grapes, pomegranates, apples and pears do not get stuck in the strainer. Read more about the benefits of this model here. http://hurom-market.ru/?yd=80010
I have a juicer from hurom at home.by model (HU-700). It’s a bit pricey, but the result is much better than the price. For your “problem” with grapes is perfect! I even make almond milk with it!
I would recommend you a great juicer from the store hurom.I think you will get great grape juices from it. I can even squeeze herbs in it.) It’s also important that it’s completely silent.
I got a juicer on sale at JD. Have a look, maybe you’ll find something for yourself. The price is sure to be satisfied, and it will be a couple of times lower than the store)
Ritta, and what exactly the brand and model took the juicer that? Interested in this question, as I’m going to buy one as well. This year the fruit trees gave a great harvest, we should process all the fruit, make juice, smoothies and other drinks. While I have a dilemma between buying an auger KITFORT KT-1102 and Gorenje JC805E. Truth be confused by the fact that the Gorenje requires more power, I understand that it will burn a lot of electricity?
Amberamber11, from these two firms would advise you to buy KITFORT KT-1102, as it operates at very low speed, respectively, consumes little power, and costs less. I looked, now at Eldorado they have a 10% discount eldorado.ru/cat/detail/71173448/. I think I’m going to buy one too while I can. Because my husband often brings apples from the countryside, and my old juicer is very slow to process them, with large volumes generally can not cope.
How to get the smell of stew out of the apartment?
Humidifier or purifier
Home or apartment if war
To those who are from Nizhny Novgorod
What to do if you poured faerie in the washing machine?
The user of the site Woman.ru understands and accepts that he/she bears full responsibility for all materials published in part or in whole by means of the Woman.ru. Member of Woman site.ru guarantees that publishing the materials presented by him does not violate the rights of third parties (including but not limited to copyrights) and is not prejudicial to their honor and dignity.
The user of the site Woman.ru, sending materials, thereby interested in their publication on the site and expresses his consent to their further use by the owners of the site Woman.ru. All materials on Woman.ru, regardless of the form and date of publication on the site can be used only with the consent of the owners of the site.
Use and reprint of printed material on the site woman.ru is only possible with an active link to the resource. Use of photographic materials is allowed only with the written consent of the site administration.
Placement of intellectual property (photos, videos, literary works, trademarks, etc.д.) on the woman.The press juicer is only allowed to be posted by people who have all the necessary rights for such a posting.
Copyright (c) 2016-2022 Hurst Shkulev Publishing LLC
Certificate of media registration EL #FS77-65950, issued by the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor) on June 10, 2016. 16
Founder: Limited Liability Company “Hurst Shkulev Publishing”
Editorial contact information for government agencies (including Roskomnadzor):
View 3. Press juicer
The press juicer has a simple design
The press juicer squeezes the fruits instead of crushing them. The juice flows down the chute into one reservoir and the cake into the other. Press machines, like screw machines, make a dense drink and produce a small volume of waste.
There are two types of press juicers:
- Universal. All kinds of berries, fruits and vegetables can be processed in them. Suitable for making freshly squeezed juice.
- Specialized. They are used for berries and fruits of a particular kind. These devices have the highest level of juice squeezing and cleansing. Therefore, specialized apparatuses are optimal for preserving beverage.
According to the principle of operation press juicers can be screw and lever. The first of these are easier to use, since less physical effort has to be applied when squeezing berries.