How to connect the air conditioner to the mains
It must be remembered that the electrical circuit of connecting the air conditioner used in everyday life is significantly different from the similar connection of semi.industrial models that are installed in offices. Home have only a single.phase connection.
The first option is ideal for all household devices. they are everywhere only in this way are put into operation. Connecting any air conditioning system is carried out in several techniques that must be strictly observed when you decide to do everything yourself.
Air conditioner connection diagram to the mains
The figure shows a circuit for connecting the air conditioner to the power supply, as well as various connection between the system modules, in addition, you will definitely need a fundamental electrical circuit of the air conditioner of the purchased model.
Do I need a circuit breaker or RCD
To understand the essence of the issue, you need to understand in detail the purpose of these protective devices:
- Regulations for design and construction, as well as PUE and GOST R 50571.8 reads: Connection of the RCD depends on the danger of electric shock and the type of the on the rosette on. It follows that not all sockets for air conditioning are turned on through the RCD.
- These RCDs are placed to protect people from electric shock when poor isolation. But all the boxes of the split modules are made of plastic, that is, from a person’s direct touch to the body, he will not be able to suffer.
- The peculiarity of protective shutdown devices is that they cannot protect a person from a short circuit: just an RCD will not have time to disconnect. Indeed, from the laws of physics it is known that the current rate in the conductor is 300 thousand. km/s, and the operation time of any protective device, including the RCD, is 0.02-0.03 seconds.
- The circuit breaker is a protective device for wires, which are selected by equipment power. And in the case of an increased load on the network or short circuit, the machine operates and saves one or another device from overheating and failure.
From all the above, we can conclude that the installation of an RCD for climate technology is not so important, but automatic circuit breakers must be set for protection.
What is an electrical circuit of a split system
The electrical circuit of the air conditioner is a document that displays the location of electronic components, their connection, as well as information for service engineers of service centers. All who are engaged in installing and connecting climate technology are more interested in the electrical circuit of connecting the air conditioner, which includes the location of the main devices of the evaporative and condenser unit, terminals for connecting the blocks with each other and connecting power supply.
- Compressor, with csr conclusions. The arrow shows the protection installed on the compressor winding
- Compressorcapacitor. capacitor, two terminals are connected to the windings of the compressor unit. The third conclusion of the capacitor is connected to its launch winding.
- In addition, a fan motor and a capacitor are indicated on the diagram, through which two windings of the electric motor are connected.
- The diagram indicates an electromagnet that controls the operation of the four.way valve.
voltage to the compressor from the control module.
supply of power supply to the fan motor when working at low speeds.
power supply to the fan motor when working at high speeds.
Separate terminal. Earth. The main modules and blocks:
- Power filter through which voltage is supplied to the control board.
- Control Board. control unit to which all the devices are connected.
- The compressor power relay is connected to CN 12.
- The drainage pump is connected to CN6.
- The terminal CN 5 is responsible for controlling the fan of the external unit of the split system.
- A step.by.step control engine of the loud grate is connected to the conclusions CN 10.
- Conclusions CN 7 are responsible for connecting the temperature of the heat exchanger temperature.
- The temperature sensor of at room temperature is connected to the conclusions of the 1st and 2nd terminal CN15.
- To the output m 1 and 3 of the CN15 terminal, the water level in the pallet is connected.
- The CN 13 terminal of the control unit is responsible for connecting the device indication unit.
The terminal (on the board is indicated by Terminal) to connect the evaporative and condenser blocks with the cable. Terminals L and N. power air conditioner from the line. programs. You should know that there is a connection of the air conditioner to the power supply through the external unit.
With this connection, you must be guided by the instructions. If climate technique is connected with a capacity of up to 4, 5 kW, then a four.core copper cable should be used with a section of 2.5 mm 2. With a separate power branch, an assault rifle with a capacity of 20 A is necessarily installed on the shield.
Connecting air conditioner
After the installation of the internal and external blocks, they must be interconnected by a four.core copper cable with a cross.sectional area of at least 2.5 mm 2. The connection instructions are a circuit scheme, which was considered in sufficient detail above. The connecting cable can be laid together with the freon highway, or maybe in a separate plastic box.
When laying in one stroke along with copper tubes, use a corrugated plastic tube to insulate the cable.
After the inter.block electrical connection, the internal unit should be connected to the power supply. Scheme Connection of the air conditioner to the power supply involves obtaining power, both from the nearest outlet and from a separate line.
An ideal connection option for a sufficiently powerful climate technique is a separate fishing line for a power trimmer. This option will not load the existing lines of the apartment of the apartment and will allow you to bring power directly to the internal unit of the split system. Laying a power cable from the shield to the inner unit can be carried out along a stroke giggue in the wall material or in a special plastic box.
The shield from which a separate fishing line for the power trimer will be stretched should be grounded. Connecting the power cable to the shield terminal should be carried out only through an automatic machine, the power of which should be calculated by the formula: the power of the apparatus divided by the voltage. The resulting value should be added 30% of the reserve.
It should be understood that you can bring the power cable of climatic technology to the outlet only if:
- Climate technique has a slight power.
- The intra.house power grid is laid with a copper cable with a cross section of at least 2, 5 mm 2.
- There are no energy.intensive consumers on one branch with air conditioning.
- Temporary installation of climate technology is assumed.
- This power supply branch is equipped with an automatic machine with an RCD of at least 20 A.
How to connect air conditioning correctly
When users ask this question, then two different meanings can imply:
You need to know that there is an “inter.block” connection of the wires and the connection of the “power” of the device. In this article we will analyze both of these issues.
In addition to the fact that the blocks must be correctly placed and fixed, it is also necessary to correctly connect them among themselves. In general terms, so that the split system works:
- Display drainage where it is required (most often on the street, very rarely in the sewer). The internal block has a drainage conclusion that needs to be “built up” and removed along with the main communications;
- Connect power to the desired block (this will be the answer to the second question);
- Connect two blocks with communications. Below we consider this in more detail.
How to Install a DIY Mini Split Air Conditioning and Heat Unit. MR COOL 24K Split Unit
What communications are meant, and what exactly needs to be connected:
- thin copper tube (in thermoflex);
- thick copper tube (in thermoflex);
- Interlock cable. Most often this is a five.core cable. The essence of its connection is that the wires are connected to the external block to the same terminals as the internal block. Typically, the instructions for the air conditioner have a detailed description. The figure below shows the connection of the wires of one air conditioner;
- Rarely in the kit with the air conditioner is an additional interblock (two.core) wire. It will also need to be connected, too.
There are two main ways to connect the air conditioner to the mains
Inverter air conditioners most often have a network connection to the external unit. On/OFF air conditioners (non.inverter) are most often connected to the network through the internal unit. In this case, the inner block may have a wire with a fork or without it. The wire has three veins-yellow-green (“earth”), blue (“zero”), brown (“phase”).
The figure shows the connection of the external unit. The left block is an “interblock” connection (4 wires in this case). A three.phase air conditioner power supply is connected to the right block (Power Supply.
It is important for all air conditioners: if the interior unit of the split system does not have a wire with a fork, then when connecting the power (to the desired block), you must follow the phasing. The zero wire must be connected to the terminal “N”, and the phase to the terminal “l” or “p”.
you must follow the phasing. The zero wire must be connected to the terminal “N”, and the phase to the terminal “l” or “p”. I work as a ship electrician. Maintenance and repair of any refrigerator equipment, my direct responsibilities. Repeatedly I had to install household air conditioners on ships, including modern inverter. All air conditioners I have set without problems for several years. In this regard, I am embarrassed to ask what phasing we are talking about? There is usually no zero on ships, and the network is 220 or 110 volts of two.phase.And what to observe?
Hello! Unfortunately, we have no experience on ships. And when connected in domestic conditions, we adhere to modern standards (GOST R 50462-2009 (IEC 60446: 2007) and the manufacturer’s recommendations. But now we will know that the air conditioner works without problems from a two.phase network.
A network for household needs, 220 or 110 volts, as a rule, not two phase, but single.phase. Just at ship power plants, as well as on mobile, there is no grounded zero.Therefore, there is no need to follow the phasing.
Here, everyone uses GOSTs without understanding why they are needed. Why are they and do not know what to do when it is impossible to follow them. And here everything is simple, there is a regular alternating current on the network. Both wires are absolutely the same and equivalent, and they would not differ in anything If one of them would not be grounded. This is zero. In the second wire in this case, the full voltage of the network will be relative to the earth. It is this wire that is called the phase. And if we mount switches, bags, they must turn off the phase wire to relieve voltage relative to the ground. In this case, when you take your hands for a slightly breaking through the disabled device, you will not hit the current. And if you remove zero, then on the device there will be voltage relative to the ground. On the ship, the concept of phase and zero cannot be, unless, of course, connect one of the wires to the ship’s hull. What will be the voltage between each of the wires and the body who knows it depends on the leakage currents on the case on each of the devices. It can be imagined that two resistors were turned on between the network wires, and the middle was connected to the body. In terms of safety, if something can hit the current, turn off both wires with bags and switches. And in the air conditioning itself, the power supply and off will be carried out through the wire marked as phase.
Hello, I studied for an ordinary bottle.off convictor there is one cable of Shol from the interior to the external unit and right now I pay attention that two cables come out of the second cable of the second cable from Chevo ?! And where the guys go where?!
Hello! In most household split systems, power is suitable for the inner block-in this case, one inter-block cable is coming from the inner block to the external unit. In some models, the power system is connected to the external unit-in this case, from the external unit to the internal, one inter-block cable is the second cable to the external unit goes from the current source. In addition, there is an additional two.core cable between the blocks for the temperature sensor (for example, Panasonic air conditioners often have such a cable).
Greetings, my power should come to the external unit, but when the wiring was done, they brought it to the internal. Nothing if I feed me from the internal, the maples on the external are still swarm?
Good afternoon! If the terminals in the outer block are patented, then you can connect to the internal.
General Aug25uar air conditioning, what can happen to it if the three conductors (3F) of the Earth are connected and fed, but the zero is not connected. 2. What will happen if the phasing is broken?
Good afternoon! one. The air conditioner will not work. Nothing else will happen if you do not climb into it and do not turn on the remote control. 2. If the phasing is broken, the compressor may not turn on and give an error. Then you need to change any two phases to each other.
Help in the situation with connecting the air conditioner Artel 18. When moving, the cable labeling that goes to the outer block fell out. 2 cables for 2 gyms. One cable in the thickness of the color on the veins is brown and blue. And the other brown and blue lived thinner than the color. There is a scheme on the cover, but it shows internally a branching. The air conditioner is installed, vacuumed with a vacuum pump (the vacuum arrow did not change within 2 hours after turning off the pump), tested for tightness with a manometric station. The problem is to find out which cable and Zhili where to connect? Thanks in advance.
Good afternoon! It is necessary to find the wire connection diagram to the external unit on the case or on the lid of the external unit. According to it, you need to connect the wires coming from the inner block (the colors of the wires to the terminals of the internal block should approach the similar designations of the terminals of the external unit). If the scheme is not found, it will be more difficult to understand without minimal knowledge of electrical equipment. You need to remove the top cover of the outer block, look where the wires from the pads are suitable. Usually this: N from the inner block approaches the blue wire of the external, “Earth” of the inner unit approaches the yellow-green external, “1” of the internal one approaches the first terminal with a brown wire on the outside (but there are other colors. ). The remaining wires must be viewed visually on the blocks and circuit. often the “3” of the internal unit goes to control the fan of the external unit, and “4” the internal goes to control the four.way valve of the external unit.
Dismantling the old sink
The first step when dismantling the old sink is the overlap of water. After that, unscrewing the nut, you can loosen the fastener at the mixer.
Unscrewing the taps, you need to ensure that the remains of water do not pass through the valve.
The pipes are disconnected by the next step, remove it. Parts of the drain system are disassembled by the following steps:
- At the bottom of the moom, you need to unscrew the nut.
- A glass of siphon is disconnected with a drain, water and dirt pour out from it. A bucket is installed under the disassembled system so that the water available there does not spill onto the floor.
- If the siphon is removed for replacement, the sewage hole is closed with a cork from any material so that the smell does not come out.
Single Phase Split Type Air Conditioner(AC) Indoor & Outdoor Wiring Diagram/ How to Wire Split AC
A bowl of washbasin, not relying on the floor, you need to hold your hands so that it does not fall.
So, the sink is removed from the supports that can be brackets, bedside tables and other structures.
When dismantling the sink, it is important to ensure that the bowl does not fall to the floor
Verification and sealing
Before the process of downloading freon, be sure to check the drainage. To do this, having removed the filter, pour clean water on the evaporator of the inner unit, as if simulating the formation of condensate.
If the drainage is performed correctly, then the water will freely go through the tube and does not shimmer over the edge of the inner pallet.
It is also advisable to check the pressure in the system before opening the ports of the freon highway. The manufacturer, as a rule, refuels the refrigerant at 5 meters of the highway, and reports this on the nameplate of the external unit.
However, half.empty specimens also come across (saving Freon).
Next, the tightness of all connections is checked. Superprofessionals for the corresponding price do this with nitrogen, under a pressure of 38 bar. But are you ready to pay money for such a quality?
With a standard version, after disconnecting the vacuum pump, a certain amount of refrigerant (5-7 bar) is simply released into the track and the pressure value is remembered.
Wait 20 minutes and check if the testimony has changed. With a positive result, using hexagons, the service cranes of the air conditioner are completely open and the entire freon is launched into the highway.
Next, apply to the air conditioner and test it in all modes. When cooling, measure the surface temperature of the evaporator with a pyrometer, and best of all with a contact thermometer.
After entering the operating mode, it should be at least 6c. If the temperature is higher, additional charging is required by freon.
Installing My Own Mini-Split Heat Pump, DIY
At the same time, a complete re.reference of the system is more used, and not just its refueling, due to the complexity of the process.
If all the stages of installation are passed without Комментарии и мнения владельцев, you can enjoy coolness and consider that your air conditioner is installed correctly.
How to install air conditioning yourself is a step.by.step instruction
Installation of the air conditioner is not an easy task, but fulfilling! There are many questions at each stage. This is complicated by the fact that it is impossible to give one standard scheme. each case is individual. If you do not know where to start the installation, in what sequence to perform operations, then this article is for you!
There are many recommendations and manuals on the Internet, but there are few specifics in them. In this post I will highlight the nuances that arise at every step of installation. I will try to make an understandable instruction. So that with the help of it everyone can perform a simple installation of a household system. But before starting work, read the article completely.
I strongly recommend entering the installation of specialists in the following cases:
- if the “track” of the air conditioner is very long and has complex bends;
- if the highway passes through several walls;
- if the external unit is installed at high altitude (above the second floor);
- If the diameter of at least one of the pipes is more than 3/8 inch.
Installation of air conditioner
- The first stage is the most difficult. It is necessary to imagine where the air conditioner blocks will be located, and how the “track” will be laid between them. Each factor should be taken into account here:
The dimensions of the blocks. You need to make sure that both devices are placed in the planned place. permissible distances to the ceiling and walls are observed. I wrote several articles about this (read the location of the external unit);
- You must make sure that there are no wires and pipes in places of wall drilling (especially under the internal block);
- The drainage tube from the inner unit should provide the drain of the condensate “Samoy”. At least the minimum slope should be (5 mm. 1 meter of length). T.e. you can not drill a hole above the level of the inner block. Make sure that water will merge into the street (and not on a neighbor’s balcony, for example);
- Now you can start installing an internal block. If the “track” will come out of it to the right, then you need to gently turn the copper tubes in the other direction (t.to. From the factory they are directed to the left). You need to do this very carefully without a flex. do not break the tubes (as indicated in the instructions for “Split”). If you look at the photo, the pipes are bent parallel to the floor, and not perpendicular! The connection of the nuts can only be under the internal unit or in the cable channel. In no case should the nuts of copper tubes be inside the wall.
On the mounting plate, mark the center of the block. Then the center is marked on the wall. Do not forget about the distance to the ceiling. Using the level, align the plate and fasten it.
After that, you can estimate the inner block to the fixed plate (but do not snap the lower clips to the plate!). With a pencil, mark the lower corner corners. Then remove the block from the plate.
- We note where there will be a hole in the outer wall.
- If the track goes directly (through the wall under the inner block. “direct installation”), then we make the hole in the lower left corner of the block. We mark the hole with a diameter of 45 mm, so that it is closed after the block.
- If the “track” goes left or right from the block (“lateral installation”), then mark the “track” to the outer wall (with a small tilt). The photo shows the side installation, where the highway has an additional turn inside the room (t.to. The outer wall is shifted). In your case, there may not be a turn.
Gently cut through the wallpaper and beat off the plaster at the drilling point. If the installation is straight or as in the photo above, then you need to make the so.called “entry” to the hole (where the tubes will go into the wall). So that in this place the bend of the “track” is smooth.
- We proceed to the drilling of the hole. The diameter of the hole for small air conditioners should be 45-50 mm. During the drilling, control that there are no people, cars and other things on the street.
- For brick or concrete walls, a large peorator and a drill with a winning tip will be required. The first 2-3 cm walls brown without tilt (in a straight line) so that the drill enters a little into the wall. Then be sure to tilt down. During this operation, it is better to use an industrial vacuum cleaner.
- It is better to drill a wooden wall with a drill with a fever with a diameter of 45 mm. The process will go slowly, but right. Do not forget about tilt the holes down.
- Metal profile or Sentwitch is better to drill 45mm bimetallic crown. Do not forget about the slope of the holes down.
- We proceed to fastening the brackets of the external unit. It is necessary to secure them reliably and in terms of level. If the air conditioner is mounted “under the window”, then it is better to immediately fix the bolts on the brackets (for mounting the block). Bolts should look up and should be tightened with nuts. We fix the bolts so that the legs of the block exactly fall on them.
- After you have done all the “dirty” work, we take a roulette, a leaf and a pencil in your hands. We count with the margin the length of the inter.block communications (this will help the article about the laying of the “track”):
- 2 copper tubes. For small air conditioners, tubes with a diameter of 1/4 and 3/8 inch are often used. It is important that the ends of the tubes are sealed from the slightest dust;
- Interlock cable (connecting two blocks). For small air conditioners, 5 × 1.5 VVG is suitable;
- Drainage hose. It is better to use a specialized corrugated hose with a diameter of 16mm;
- thermoflex on both tubes;
- If the air conditioner “eats” to the external unit, then together with the “track” we launch the power cable. For small air conditioners, PVS 3 × 1.5 is suitable;
- Additional inter.block wire. Some air conditioners have an additional two.core wire. And if there is one, then do not forget about him.
- If the “track” of the air conditioner will need to be pulled through one hole in the wall, then you can act as follows:
The internal block is conveniently disposed and connect the materials to it:
. Open the front cover of the case and find the pads. We pull the cable through the back of the case. Record the numbers of the terminals and the colors of the veins, which were connected to them;
- unscrew the nuts (or plugs) of the tubes with two keys. Usually the air descends. do not scare and make sure that the plug does not fly away anywhere! The following will require such a device as a roller. We pile and connect the tubes, having previously studied how this is done. We need experience to tighten the nuts with a qualitatively (if you do not reach them, then the freon will “leave”, if you pull it, you can tear the thread). For this, someone uses a special dynamometric key;
- tightly connect the drainage hose to the inner block;
- If the air conditioner has an additional wire, then connect it to the designed terminal (you will see it).
- When the tubes are still without a thermal fuel, we can gently bend them under the hole (if the “installation of direct”). For the “side installation” we cut out the plug of the case.
- We dress thermoflex on both tubes. All tubes (including their wower compound) should be tightly wrapped in the thermoflex so that condensation does not form on the tubes. It is better to use a special tape for fixing.
- Compactly lay the “track” inside the block and fix it with a tape. Do not forget about the power cable (we bring it out where you need). And also make sure that the drainage hose is below.
Connecting the air conditioning system
- The connection point is connected directly to the distribution box. In this situation, they do without outlet and fork. But with this method of connection, it should be borne in mind that the electrical wiring used should withstand the load while the operation of all household devices connected to it. The camshaft is additionally equipped with a system that controls the automatic shutdown in case of overload;
- If the air conditioning device is installed in the process of general repair work, during installation, the most often used design is used. A special channel in the wall is equipped. It houses a cable. One end is connected to the distribution shield, and the other is fixed to the output of the outlet. At the final stage, the channel is locked. In this case, the interior of the room does not deteriorate. External negative factors do not affect the wiring;
- Installing a socket under air conditioning can be opened in an open way. This method is used if the repair is already completed and the tenants do not want to additionally spoil the wall. One of the ends of the wiring is connected to the distribution box. A socket is connected to another end. The cable is on the surface of the wall coating. It is placed in a decorative box.
Energy.saving settings combined with the possibility of heating or cooling of individual rooms help reduce energy consumption and reduce costs. The choice of the right internal block for each room also guarantees that you do not lose energy. The inappropriate model in a particular room can lead to the fact that the air will be well cooled and the energy will be wasted. Options that are too large for a small room also use more energy every time you turn them on, compared with a smaller device that operates for a longer period of time.
It is in this case that the multi-split systems are one of the most energy-efficient for work in a large number of rooms. Choose the most effective models for the maximum savings of your electricity account.
In what sequence is the preparation for the installation of the “track” of the air conditioner
This sequence will be relevant for both apartment owners and installers:
First, the installation site of the air conditioner is determined (the location of the internal block in the room).
- Next, select the power of cooling the device.
- Then it is desirable to determine the type of “conder” (inverter or on/off) and choose the future model. Now, when laying the “track”, the size and tube of this model will be taken into account. When the time comes to purchase air conditioning, you can choose either the model considered or any other (but it will be necessary to take into account the dimensions and diameter of the tubes for the new device).
- We coordinate the exact indentation to the internal block:
The “track” is laid with the desired tube diameter. I will write more about this process below.
- The customer brings the power cable to the air conditioner and continues finishing work (the “track” is plastered).
- After finishing, the blocks are hung on the walls and connected to the displayed communications. A vacuum of the system and its launch are carried out.
Step-by-step instructions for laying “tracks” for split systems
There are situations where the installation of the highway requires a non.standard approach, and you can’t do without the help of specialists. But today we will analyze one of the simple options for laying the “track”:
- First of all, we mark on the wall coordinated indentation and the size of the internal block. Next, we determine the place of drilling opening to the street. If the external block is located “under the window”, then the hole is often drilled under the edge of the window (we usually drill below the windowsill of 10-15 centimeters). Keep in order to then hang the block, the window should open (or you have to pull out the double.glazed window).
- We mark the gut under the “track” from the left lower corner of the internal block to the opening in the wall. At the same time, we try to ensure that there are no sharp excesses in the corners (in this case, there will be less likely to turn the tubes). It is advisable to make a slope throughout the highway the same (so the length of the communications will be a little smaller, and the condensate path will be more uniform, and the bends will be swimmers).
- We look at where other indoor wires and communications can take place in the places of attachment of the internal block and passing the track. It is very important to find them and not damage them.
- With a slight slope, we drill a hole outward with a diameter of at least 45 mm. Here you need to be more careful so that nothing (nobody) is damaged by fragments from the side of the street. It is advisable to catch them outside. We carry out a stroke. The width and depth of the strobes of 6 centimeters is usually enough for household systems. If necessary, the depth can be reduced to 3 centimeters, and make a width of 7-8 centimeters (lay the communications along the “plane”). For the evenness of the curtain and some simplification of the task, it is first better to cut out the edges of the corner grinding (or a strobe, although I believe that it is not very effective for work of small scale).
- We calculate and measure the length of the materials:
- copper tubes in thermoflex. We look at what a diameter of the tubes is needed for a specific “split”. For air conditioners with a capacity of up to 3 kW, 1/4 and 3/8 inches are most often used (6 and 10 millimeters, respectively). We take into account the distance under the inner block (about 50 cm.), the length of the strobe, the thickness of the wall, and the distance outside. We take the tubes of such a length to the street that there is enough external unit cranes. But preferably at least 0.5 meters on the street to make a minimum bend and work calmly with them. If the size of the external unit is required, then read the corresponding article.
- Interlock cable. For air conditioners with a capacity of up to 4 kW, a five.core cable with a section of 1.5 mm is enough. sq. (VVG 5×1.5 is ideal). We also take into account the distance under the internal block (about 1.2 m.), the length of the strobe, the thickness of the wall, the distance outside (the length of the cable on the street is usually longer than the tubes of centimeters by 20-30).
- drainage hose. It is best to use a specialized corrugated hose with an internal diameter of 16 mm. Its length should take into account the distances under the internal block (about 50 cm.), the length of the sidella and walls, the distance on the street (usually 1.2 m. enough).
- additional wires. I recommend that you leave a spare wire along with the “track” (for example, PVS 3×1.5). If necessary, it is used to power the external unit (or connect additional sensors that can come with the air conditioner). Its length can be calculated as the length of the inter.block cable.
It is convenient to start laying the “track” from the end that will go out onto the street. In this case, we form the end of the “track” in one tourniquet (the length of the materials according to your calculations). In this case, we put the flex on the tubes. We wrap with a special tape or tape the part of the highway that will be inside the hole and on the street (so that the flex is not damaged in the process of pulling the track).
- We pull the prepared end of the highway into the hole. We control that the length of the tubes is the way you calculate.
- After that, we put all the materials into the shtrob. We fix them with tape. The main rules:
The drainage hose throughout the “highway” should be located under the slope;
- at the output of the strobe (where there will be an internal block), the drainage is located at the very bottom of the “highway” (to the left of the tubes);
- at the output of the strobe (where there will be an internal block), the tubes are located to the right of the drainage (it is better to make a thick pipe on top of a thin one);
- If some wires (to indoor outlets or switchers) interfere with the laying of the “track”, then it is better to extract them (so as not to break copper tubes);
- pipe with a diameter of up to 10 millimeters bend carefully so as not to break. For thicker diameters, use pipeline. If there is no experience, then it is better to bend all the tubes without a flex;
- The joints of the flex are glued (gray tape, for example).
We fix the track in several places. To do this, it is convenient to use the so.called peaolent. Be sure to fix it at the exit from the strob (where there will be an internal block).
- Photograph the stacked communications, along with the block location drawn on the wall.
- Fines and the owner give the main instructions. For example:
- We show where to bring the “power” cable of the air conditioner;
- We indicate how best to dash and glue the wallpaper around the “tail of the highway”;
- We warn you that the “track” is not broken, not damaged inside the wall and not touched at all at all.
This ends with the process of laying the highway for “Split”. For a more complete understanding of the process, I strongly recommend reading an article about the installation of the air conditioner in 2 stages.
As I said. the laying of the “track” is one of the most difficult works in the process of repairing the apartment. Masters. plasters should know everything about the interior decoration. Air conditioners are required to know all the nuances of the air conditioner. And a specialist who will prepare the “track” should also know about air conditioners and the features of finishing work. I wish everyone to find the best specialists who will fulfill the task competently and until the end!
The algorithm of work
When the home master is confident in his abilities and knows very well how various household appliances are connected, he can safely start working according to a fairly simple scheme.
- We select a set of the required tool and the necessary materials.
- We study the scheme proposed by the manufacturer.
- We make a cable laying to connect the terminals of the external unit to the similar connectors of the air conditioner evaporator.
- We check the working work of all components of the product.
Choose a socket
The home socket must meet certain requirements:
- The presence of a differentiated relay or reliable grounding is welcome;
- It must fully meet all the requirements and parameters that manufacturers made up in accordance with the applications in the instructions for the use of split systems;
- If the socket of electricity is carried out by aluminum wires, it is necessary to change it to copper analogues with a normal cross section;
- It should be connected to the shield through the protection machine.
Modern standard euro.zettes are ideal for connecting household appliances of special power, but all work on connecting the air conditioner must perform a specialist with appropriate tolerance, otherwise the warranty on the product will be canceled. If you moved to a new place and decided to install the product that has already worked, especially since the dismantling was carried out yourself, then follow the recommendations and do everything carefully.
We select the wire
To carry out the correct connection of the air conditioner with your own hands, you need to use a wire of only such a cross.section, which is indicated by the manufacturer individually for each model. Household products require the use of cross section within 1.5- 2.5 squares (mm2), and the current strength will be, respectively, up to 18 amperes or more.
For the effective operation of climatic systems, copper wires are used: for single.phase connection. 3 veins, for a three.phase option. 5 cores.
The wires are not laid next to the pipes of the heating system and gas supply, the standard distance between communications is no closer than a meter. Electric harnesses collected in protective corrugation are laid in strobes, and fixed with special clamps.
When laying communications using boxes, glue and screws are used to fix the wiring. When they make hidden wiring, then in the cable strokes they are fixed with special clamps, and then it is plastered with construction gypsum so that it can be quickly opened with extreme need.
Connect the evaporator
In principle, the methodology for connecting the system modules is identical, with the exception of small nuances, so we present a detailed methodology for connecting the internal module, and the removal method by analogy with it.
- Remove the decorative front panel.
- We dismantle the protection cover, cable lock in the lower part.
- We stretch the cable through the technological opening in the wall. it can be located behind the device or on the side on the wall facing the balcony.
- From each core we remove the protective insulation at a distance of 20-30 mm from the end.
- Prepared the ends of the veins are inserted into the appropriate terminals and tighten the fasteners.
- Reliably strengthen the wire at the exit from the box.
- We install the removed cover in the same place.
After the connection of both modules is completed, the correctness of the connection is once again checked, checking with the diagrams, only after a meticulous check is a trial and short.term inclusion of the air conditioner.
I would like to warn all users again: electricity does not forgive errors and inaccuracies, so when connecting independently, take your skills adequately, so as not to extinguish the wiring and repair of expensive climatic equipment.
Connection of the blocks
Here, in general, there are no special secrets. Stretched through the hole in the wall of communication, connect to the corresponding connectors. There are no problems with connecting the cable. connect the wires of the same color to the terminals that they have already been brought to them. In this case, you definitely won’t be mistaken.
If the height difference in the installation of blocks exceeds 5 meters, it is necessary to make a loop for capture oil (we lay copper pipes in this way) dissolved in the freon. If the difference is below, we do not do any loops.
Laying the route between the internal and external unit split systems
There are two ways to remove drainage from the split system. to the sewer or just outside, outside the window. The second method is more common in our country, although it is not very correct.
This is the output of the drainage of the inner block (at hand)
Connecting the drainage tube is also simple. The corrugated hose is easily pulled to the output of the drainage system of the internal unit (a tube with a plastic tip in the lower part of the unit). So that it holds reliably, you can tighten the connection with a clamp.
The same is the case with the drainage from the outer block. His exit at the bottom. Often they leave everything as it is, and water is just dripping down, but it is better, probably, also put on a drainage hose and take moisture from the walls.
Drainage of the outer unit
If not a hose is used, but a polymer pipe, it will be necessary to choose an adapter that will allow you to connect the air conditioner and the tube. You will have to watch on the spot, because the situations are different.
When laying a drainage tube, it is better to avoid sharp turns and certainly cannot be allowed sagging. condensate will accumulate in these places, which is not at all good. As they have been said more than once, the tube is laid out with the slope. Optimal. 3 mm per 1 meter, minimum. 1 mm per meter. Throughout it is fixed to the wall, at least every meter.
Freon circulation system
A little more complicated with connecting copper tubes. They carefully, avoiding bends and creases are laid out on the walls. For bending it is better to use a pipe.bend, but you can do a spring. In this case, sharp turns should also be avoided, but in order not to overcome the tube.
The ports on the outer block look like this. On the internal similarly
From the beginning we connect the tubes to the inner block. We twist the nuts from the ports from the ports. As the nuts weaken, hissing is heard. This is the nitrogen. This is normal. nitrogen is jammed, at the factory so that the insides do not oxidize. Когда шипение прекращается, вынимаем заглушки, снимаем гайку, надеваем ее на трубку, после чего начинаем вальцевать.
First remove the plugs from the pipes and check the edge. It should be even, round, without a burrs. If the section is not round when cutting, use the calibrator. This is a small device that can be found in the forehead of the store. It is inserted into the pipe, scrolling, aligning the section.
The edges of the tubes for 5 cm are thoroughly aligned, after the edge it is broken in order to be connected to the input/output of the blocks, creating a closed system. The correctness of this part of the installation is very important, since the system of circulation of the freon should be sealed. Then the refueling of the air conditioner will need soon.
Ringing copper pipes for installing air conditioning
When stripping, keep the pipe with a hole down. Again, so that the particles of copper do not get inside, but spilled onto the floor. In the holder, it is clamped so that it sticks out 2 mm outside. That’s right, no more or less. We clamp the tube, put the collapse cone, twist, applying solid efforts (thick.walled tube). The collapse is finished when the cone does not go further. Repeat the operation from the other side, then with another tube.
This should be the result
If you didn’t pipe the pipes before, it is better to practice unnecessary pieces. The edge should turn out even, with a clear continuous border.
Connection with the port
The broken edge of the pipe is connected to the corresponding output, we tighten the nut. No additional gaskets, sealants and the like should be used (forbidden). For this, they take special tubes from high.quality copper so that they provide sealing without additional means.
The principle of connecting a copper tube to the air conditioner port
It is necessary to make a serious effort-about 60-70 kg. Only in this case, the copper will flatten, the fitting will burn, the connection will become almost monolithic and precisely tight.
Requirement for grounding and sealing compounds
Before connecting the external unit of the air conditioner, make sure that the outlet will withstand the operational load in any of the modes of the split system:
- The socket has a differential relay and grounding;
- Its parameters must satisfy the manufacturer’s requirements specified in the instructions, the best ratio: low power of climatic equipment and high. in the electrical network;
- Climate equipment cannot be switched on the same line with other electrical devices;
- A wire with copper veins of a certain cross.sectional area should approach the outlet;
- The fishing line for the trimmer should pass through the machine, the distance between its contacts in an open form should not be less than 3 mm.
Step.by.step instructions for connecting the outdoor unit
Before starting the installation of the outer module power cable, you need to study the circuit, prepare tools and materials. Then you can proceed directly to the installation.
Cable laying between modules
Household appliances for the formation of microclimate in the premises are equipped with a cable for connecting the internal and external module. A hole in the outer wall is drilled for him. Wiring can be extended along plastic corrugation or in cable channel.
First removed the decorative panel, then the protective cover. Next, the ends of the isolation of 2 or 3 cm are cleaned. The bare ends are installed in the corresponding terminals and fixed with plates and screws, it is important to accurately implement the scheme, since any error can disable the entire system. Then the cable should be fixed at the output of their air conditioning case, the protective cover and the decorative panel are installed in place.
Connecting an external module to an electric network
First you should check the switch and reliability of all fasteners. Then the outer module and the internal module are turned on through the outlet. First, a less powerful mode is established, then. by increasing. Having checked the performance and functionality, you need to test the climatic technique for compliance with the parameters declared by the manufacturer.
Checking the performance and parameters of the external and internal unit
First of all, the temperature at the output in each of the functionality modes of the split system is checked: when cooling, ventilating and heating. As well as it is advisable to test the electrical circuit. When identifying errors, they should first be eliminated. Upon receipt of positive results of the audit, you can begin operation.
How To SAVE upto 40% Electricity Bill on AC | Also Protect Split Air Conditioner Outdoor Unit