Bosch dishwasher doesn’t heat water: causes and what to do?
If the Bosch dishwasher doesn’t heat water, it causes certain inconveniences. There are many problems that can provoke the situation, from manufacturing defects to the wear and tear of parts. If you are not experienced in repairing appliances, contact a service center.
- Error on the screen. Some models report an error on the electronic display. It only remains to take the manual and choose the option you need.
- Cold nozzle. You can touch the spigot of the dishwasher while it’s draining. If it is cold, it means that the liquid is not heated.
- The appearance of washed dishes. When washing greasy dishes, a thin, unpleasant residue will be left on their surfaces. Cold water, even with detergent, does not cope well with heavy soiling.
- The appearance of the tablet. In a cold liquid, the tablets are poorly dissolved, while in boiling water there is no trace of them.
If you think your Bosch dishwasher isn’t heating up any more, call your service center for assistance.
It is very common for a dishwasher to stop heating water as a result of breakage of the following parts:
Malfunctions can also be triggered by:
- Improper connection of the dishwasher to the water supply.
- Filter clogging.
- Wrong selection of the correct mode.
- Therefore, before calling a master, you can try to deal with the malfunction yourself.
Broken Bosch pressure sensor
Pressure sensor is responsible for the circulation of liquid inside the dishwasher. If it fails, the water can circulate constantly. This condition is called “self-drainage. As a result, the heating element simply has no time to work. It is difficult to fix such a failure by yourself. Pressure sensor needs to be replaced.
The filter is clogged
If the Bosch dishwasher doesn’t heat water, the filter may be clogged. This leads to a disturbance in the circulation of liquid: it accumulates inside the tank and does not return to the tank. The system has to constantly replenish liquid from the water supply, which does not have time to warm up. You only need to clean the filter to solve the situation. You can do it yourself, using the instructions, or call a technician at home, who will fix the problem in a few minutes.
If the Bosch dishwasher that was just installed is not heating water, you may not have connected it correctly. It can constantly draw and drain water, as a result of which the heating element does not have time to heat it. Solve the problem by reconnecting the dishwasher properly. If you can’t do it yourself, call a professional.
If a new appliance does not heat water, the problem may lie in a manufacturing defect. Do not disassemble or try to repair it yourself, because it is under warranty. It is necessary to immediately contact the service center.
Wrong washing mode
If you think your dishwasher isn’t heating, you may have set the wrong mode. Some modes only heat water up to 30 degrees. If greasy marks are left on the dishes, check the settings. Use the owner’s manual. If the problem is not in the mode, then you need a comprehensive diagnosis of technology. Call your dishwasher repairman. he’ll come to your home and help you figure out what’s wrong
The heating element is burned out
The heating element in the dishwasher is the heating element. It can burn out as a result of improper use, scale formation, mechanical damage, power fluctuations, etc. п. If the problem is there, the water will not heat. A burned heating element cannot be repaired. Requires complete replacement.
Control module breakage
The control module is the “brain” of the Bosch dishwasher. It sends commands to all parts of the appliances. If it is broken, the heating command may not be delivered to the heating element, leading to a corresponding problem. This is one of the most complicated breakdowns. It is almost impossible to repair a faulty module. In most cases it needs to be completely replaced.
What you can do at home?
Before calling a service center, you can try to detect and repair a number of breakdowns on your own. To do this it is necessary to:
- Check the filters for blockages. Clean them if necessary.
- Check the correct mode setting. If the problem is in it, install a suitable one.
- Check if the device is connected correctly. To do this, you can use the manual.
If none of the listed methods gives the necessary result, it is necessary to call a master. Most likely, the cause is a failure of internal parts.
If you could not detect a breakage on your own, you have no experience in repairing large household appliances, or you are sure that the breakage is hidden inside the machine, call the wizard. Remember that self-repair in some cases can lead to aggravation of the situation.
When you contact the service center of Bosch and the Moscow region, you get:
- Use of original spare parts. Bosch dishwashers are repaired with original components. This guarantees proper operation of the equipment and absence of failures in the future.
- Consultation of the master. If you have any questions, ask the service technicians. They will advise you and give you useful recommendations for further use of the appliance.
- Guarantee of workmanship. The warranty covers the installed parts. Repeat breakdowns and repairs are free of charge.
- Free diagnostics. Comprehensive diagnosis of the Bosch dishwasher free of charge. This lets you detect malfunctions and repair them on time.
- Quick arrival of a master. An employee of the Bosch Service Center will come to your home on the same day. He will examine your appliance and decide how to proceed.
- Low prices. Repair cost depends on the complexity and urgency of the breakage. If the fault is complex and requires spare parts that are not in stock, the price of the service is higher. The master will tell you the terms of cooperation at once.
If your Bosch dishwasher no longer warms up, call our Customer Service Centre. This is a complex appliance that requires a professional and expert approach. Masters do not advise to do self-repair, as it can lead to an aggravation of the situation. Remember that any technique needs preventive maintenance.
Possible causes when the water does not heat up in the dishwasher
The main reasons why the water in the dishwasher does not heat up are:
In addition, reasons that at first glance have nothing to do with water heating, but in fact indirectly affect it, can be:
- Incorrect connection of the dishwasher;
- clogging of the trash filter;
- Improperly selected dishwashing mode;
- Pressure sensor failure. By the way, before replacing it, you should clean its contacts and check the serviceability of the wiring that goes to it.
This raises the question. but what does the filter have to do with it?? It’s simple. when the filter is clogged, there is no water circulation between the tank and the tanks, the system refills the water, and it does not return from the tank to the tanks. The heating element doesn’t have time to heat it. Just look into the tank during the washing process to detect this problem. If the filter is working normally, the water is not retained in it. If there is a problem. the filter needs to be cleaned.
If not properly connected to the drain, there is no normal circulation of water in the dishwasher, and its temperature will not meet the norm, if it warms at all. In this case it is necessary to connect the machine to the sewage system as shown in the manual.
If the circulation pump fails, no water will be supplied to the spray nozzles and washing will not be possible at all, because no water will be supplied to the dishes. This is one of the most serious breakdowns, you will have to call a master.
Older models of dishwashers did not have thermistors, which are responsible for the temperature of the water in the chamber. Therefore, if the heating element is defective, the appliance does not display an error code and the cycle is executed without heating. Grease and stubborn dirt will definitely not wash out at low temperature, so check the heater.
The majority of PMs are equipped with flow-through elements, and it is not difficult to replace them. The part is in conjunction with the drain pump. You will need to remove the bottom, unhook the wiring, unscrew the pump. Then remove the connectors from the heating element mounts and pull it out of the housing. Choose only the original part for replacement.
We have broken down the main reasons why the machine does not start washing dishes. Observe the rules of operation, clean the PMT hopper from clogs. The video shows the recommendations on how to clean the automatic dishwasher at home:
Dishwasher does not wash dishes causes
Among the common malfunctions of dishwashers, the defect of poor dishwashing is common. What causes the dishwasher malfunction? As the practice of household dishwasher repair shows, the causes of such a defect may be different. Let’s try to cover most, if not all, of the problems that cause a dishwasher to fail to wash dishes properly.
Dishwasher does not heat water
Most dishwashers are connected to a cold water system, so without heating, the dishes simply won’t wash. It isn’t long before you start the dishwasher that the heating system isn’t working. And it’s not just the heating element or the temperature sensor that is at fault. The list of possible faults does not end here, and will be discussed in detail in the article.
Possible faults that are causing no water flow into the dishwasher
If the matter is not inattention and lack of liquid in the plumbing, then you should familiarize yourself with the faults that most often lead to such a problem:
- The flow filter or the entire system is clogged.
- The fill valve is broken, causing the water supply to be blocked.
- Door mechanism malfunction.
- Pressostat failure.
- The Aquastop system malfunctioned.
- Breakage of the control unit element.
How to diagnose and repair the problem using your own resources
It has already been noted that some faults can be corrected with your own hands. To do this, a diagnosis is made. And if self-repair is possible, it is worth starting.
The need for regular cleaning of the unit’s filters
If the filters are clogged with food debris, it impairs the quality of washing. Ignoring such a need will lead to more serious breakdowns. Therefore should be cleaned regularly:
- Coarse filter. at least every six months.
- The filter at the bottom of the appliance. every week.
- Heating element where limescale can form.
- The inner casing.
Reference! The tank of the equipment, the holes in the rocker arm and the heating element must be cleaned at least once every six months. To do this, run the appliance at idle speed with detergents.
Importance of complying with the manufacturer’s operating rules
Always use your dishwasher correctly, according to the operating rules mentioned in the manual. Often the quality of washing is affected by the wrong arrangement of dishes, a large number of them, a mistake in the choice of mode.
Arrange utensils properly. It is important not to block the spray arm and the detergent dispenser with dishes. All items should be placed so that the water flows down. Keep the distance between the dishes.
Warning! Items should be emptied of any food scraps beforehand to prevent the filters from clogging.
Why you should always use a specific dishwasher detergent
Poor quality products have a negative effect on wash quality. That’s why you should only use the correct detergents in accordance with the required dosage. Insufficient rinse aid will not rinse the dishes thoroughly. The wrong detergent will not cope with more severe soiling.
Why isn’t the Bosch dishwasher washing up??
Clean and shiny dishes without any extra effort. it’s what you’d expect from a dishwasher. True, there are other things we sometimes see for our appliance owners. Sometimes the dishes are still dirty and covered in soap scum after the wash cycle. Does this mean that the purchase of a new kitchen helper is on the horizon?? Not necessarily. Most likely, you won’t even need to call a technician to fix the problem. it’s likely that you can handle the unpleasant situation yourself.
Food should always be disposed of before loading plates and cups. That’s what all appliance manufacturers without exception warn you about. Carelessness in this area leads first to dirty dishes and later to dishwasher malfunction.
Bosch washing modes are developed for a reason. The shorter ones are designed for smaller soiling. If you put really greasy dishes in the machine, you’re wasting your time. Be brave and choose a long cycle with high water temperature, or else you’ll end up with dirty dishes.
You want to wash all dishes at once? The desire is quite understandable, but sometimes there are too many dirty plates and bowls. loading the maximum amount of dishes into the machine, you risk getting unsatisfactory results. Then the process will have to be repeated twice more, having previously divided the dirty dishes into two batches.
When you don’t have the rinse aid recommended by the Bosch dishwasher manufacturer on hand, it’s not a good idea to substitute it for the rinse aid. Dirty after washing dishes is a signal that the appliances can not work with such cleaning chemicals. Too little or too much rinse aid can also cause problems. Often eliminating errors in the use of appliances helps you forget about not clean enough dishes. But the dishwasher malfunctions can be due to other kinds of causes.
The dishwashing technique has been around for a long time now? Then the problems with it can be explained by long and active use. There is no need to be upset: you can eliminate the traces of time on your own, without the help of a specialist.
Hard water in the water system is not only a problem for us, but also for Bosch appliances. Over time, the metal parts get limescale. Even special softening ingredients do not repel it. Scale accumulated on the sprinklers, does not allow them to work properly. The result is poorly cleaned dishes. Getting rid of harmful plaque is easy with a touch of citric acid. It’s enough to put it in the detergent compartment and turn the machine on at maximum temperature. One idle cycle is enough to forget about limescale.
Debris, even small debris, tends to collect on filters and spray arms. If the dishwasher became capricious after months of trouble-free work, it is necessary to check the filters of crude and fine cleaning. Manufacturers recommend not only to clean plates from food residues before putting them into the machine, but also to check the filters after each use of household appliances.
If you’ve done all of the above and your dishwasher still refuses to run properly, then it’s really a big problem. You’re probably dealing with a real problem that may require replacement parts.
Dishwasher not heating water? Try this easy fix / Offgrid Hack- Make your dishwasher use Less Power
Among the most frequent causes of faulty operation of Bosch dishwashers are the following breakdowns:
- Debris build up. A large accumulation of food debris, bones, and tissues will hinder not only quality cleaning, but also the operation of the appliance itself. Checking your filters regularly for clogs can help prolong the life of your appliances.
- Failed heating element. In this case you need to replace the heater with a new one.
- Broken circulating pump. This breakage also requires the purchase of a new part and its subsequent installation into the dishwasher. Pump failure is easy to recognize: if the washing process does not start, it means that the water does not enter the machine. Blocked water supply is a clear sign of a broken circulating pump.
- Broken turbid water sensor. The Bosch dishwasher will still work even if the sensor is broken, but the result will be dirty dishes.
- Failure of the sprinkler impeller. Dirty dishes can be the result of a malfunctioning sprinkler impeller. If this part fails, the rotation of the sprinkler will begin to malfunction. It keeps the water out of the dishes.
- Heating element breakage. High temperature water is required for high quality cleaning. If the heating element breaks, you can forget about removing all the grease from the dishes. The heating element is regarded as the most vulnerable part in dishwashers of all makes. You can prolong its life by choosing low temperature wash modes, when the condition of the dishes allows it. Failure in the operation of the technique, caused by a breakdown of the heating element, can be eliminated by cleaning the part from the scale.
- Control module breakage. The control module is the brains of the dishwasher. It stores modes in its memory and issues commands to pump water, heat it up, etc. д. The machine cannot work with a faulty module.
Malfunctions in any Bosch appliance are unavoidable. But don’t rush to buy a new dishwasher. If the damage is repaired in time, the machine will last a long time. If you pay attention to a dishwasher that has stopped washing dishes well in time, problems are solved quickly.
There’s also an online helpdesk on the site. If you have any questions, please contact us via Live Chat. The wizard will read the message, make a recommendation about your problem. You can call us on the published phone number or request a call-back. Your complaints are dealt with quickly, an employee gets in touch promptly.
Approximate repair price is told by phone, but the exact figure is learned only after a comprehensive study of our craftsman. To place a repair request, call the published phone number.
We go anywhere within the city limits, we repair technics of any complexity. Repair is permitted in office buildings and industrial plants.
Complex replacement of parts or other operations requiring the use of additional equipment are only carried out on the premises of the service center. It may also be necessary to wait until a rare part is in stock. We use only genuine spare parts, documented as such.
Electric tube heater is a device with a built-in spiral of special material. When electric current flows through the coil, heat is released and the liquid is heated to the required degrees. If there is a problem with the heating element you will see an error code on the display.
The heater may not work if the wire contacts are missing due to lime buildup. The contacts on the wires need to be replaced, and the contacts of the heating element are polished to a shine.
The heater is located inside the hydraulic system of the dishwasher. To gain access directly to the heating element, turn the unit on its side and remove the back panel. To diagnose the heater, measure the resistance with a tester. A functioning part will show values in the neighborhood of 22 ohms.
Installation of a new heating element is possible after dismantling the broken device. The rules are not complicated, but a specialist will do it faster and more reliably:
- Close the cocks on the water pipes.
- Disconnected from the mains and utilities.
- Empty dish baskets. Remove them from the machine.
- Remove the bottom sprayer and drain filter.
- Unscrew the 5 screws on the bottom, which are used to attach the circulation pump.
- Turn the appliance upside down. Depending on the model, remove the back panel or bottom.
- Disconnect drain pump, pumps, hoses, wires and spigots.
- Отсоединяют раструбы и штекеры датчиков.
- Заменяют неисправный ТЭН на новый. Далее измеряют сопротивление с помощью тестера.
- Всё возвращают в обратном порядке.
- Обязательно проверяют агрегат в текстовом режиме.