Why do you need a fireplace in a house or apartment
The creation of a fireplace is a complex and rarely low.Cost process. Indeed, in addition to the accuracy of the calculations and thoughtfulness of the design, it also requires a separate foundation, high.Quality materials and sensible installation specialists. That is why, before included such an element in the project of the house or to start its installation in an already made building, you need to clearly answer the question. Is it really necessary whether a fireplace is needed in the house and why it will need it?
- Whoever says what, but the main one, although sometimes carefully hidden in order to make a fireplace in the house, was and remains the comfort with which one can spend time near it. It is based on an almost genetic craving for fire and its energy. The fireplace allows Sherlock Holmes from the famous domestic tape to sit in an open fire, take a cigar, a pipe, a cup of coffee or good cognac, and sitting alone, with friends or family, conducting talk about business or thinking about the meaning of life. The flickering of fire relieves tension, relaxes consciousness in this way, as a serious science claims, very effectively contributes to the subconscious analysis of information and the adoption of the most correct decisions based on the alloy of analysis and intuition. Perhaps that is why many businessmen or politicians acquire fireplaces. This helps not to make a mistake in making difficult decisions.
- The second reason to think about whether the fireplace is needed in the house is that it becomes a very stylish and interesting element of the interior design that bears a decorative meaning. T.E. It is simply very beautiful and impressive of any guest.
- And finally, given the scale of work and the level of costs of a good fireplace, it can be no doubt considered a status subject. Design, finish stone, forged lattices that control the present, and not imitation fire, can instantly say a lot about the owner of the fireplace.
For which it is worth installing a fireplace
Now it became clear why the fireplace needed. We will figure out what disadvantages can be in the installation of the fireplace.
- The installation of a fireplace in a private house has its own specifics and requires equipment for a smoke output system, as well as the presence of an area of the corresponding size. At least 20 square meters.
- The installation of a fireplace cannot be a spontaneous solution. Such a step should be planned at the stage of designing the house, because an unusual interior item requires a strong foundation that can withstand not only the weight of the structure, but also the weight of the pipe.
- Equipment requires care, regular monitoring of the operability of the chimney is important.
- It is an expensive decoration of the house, which is justified by the use of quality materials in the manufacturing process, compliance with safety standards and quality.
20 Decorating Hacks When You Can’t Paint or Use Nails On Your Walls! | Mr. Kate
However, all of the listed points can hardly be called minuses. If installation of the structure. An exciting and long.Awaited event. Rather, these shortcomings can be called pleasant troubles that are compensated by such advantages as a feeling of comfort in the house, the possibility of additional heating of the dwelling, as well as aesthetic and moral satisfaction.
Choose the location of the fireplace
This is a very crucial stage, because the convenience and the safety of its use in the future depend on how successfully the place to place the fireplace is selected. In addition to the design of the fireplace itself, do not forget to take into account the arrangement of the chimney (if it is required for your option).
Office for the construction of the fireplace
Before folding the fireplace, you need to choose a design with a description (diagram) of the masonry of each row. With a shame. This will simplify your task and become a guarantee that the hearth will work normally. Only after that can you determine for him a suitable place and engage in the installation of the base.
The foundation device
You can do without a base for a fireplace only in one case: if the house is built on a continuous foundation plate. In all the others, it is necessary, otherwise the heavy design will break the floor or will sit and deform.
When arranging the foundation, it is important not to violate the integrity of the supporting structures. The floor lag, the beams of the ceiling, the rafters. If you can’t do without it, they must be strengthened.
Another mandatory requirement is that the foundations of the house and hearth should not be connected or flooded in one formwork. Due to the different loads from the walls and the design of the fireplace, the degree of shrinkage will be different, which will lead to deformations, cracks in the masonry and other unpleasant consequences.
Having decided on how to fold a brick fireplace with your own hands for the house and what size it will be, you can start marking the foundation. Its depth should be at least half a meter, and the dimensions in the plan exceed the size of the hearth by 10-15 cm in all directions.
- The pit’s torn off;
- Its bottom is covered with a 10-centimeter layer of sand, which must be shed and tamped;
- A pillow of crushed stone with a thickness of 20-30 cm is laid on the sand;
- In the pit, formwork is installed in a height just below the floor level, its walls from the inside are tightened with roofing material or a dense film;
- Then a reinforcing cage is installed in the formwork and poured with concrete.
Do you need a foundation for a fireplace
Like any other massive design, the fireplace needs a reliable basis. It is important to think over at the initial stage of construction. The foundation of the future fireplace should be made of strong concrete ceiling and not compose a single whole with the foundation of the house. But keep in mind that the foundation should repeat the shape of the base of the fireplace and in size to be larger than it by cm 15-20.
Tip of a stove for a closed fireplace is not necessary to make a serious foundation. A closed fireplace has an average mass of 300 kg. This is a weight that any screed can withstand. Remember that for the correct and safe functioning of the fireplaces you need oxygen. Therefore, an important part of the foundation is the organization of air supply to the fireplace from the street.
Pros and cons of wood fireplaces
The wood fireplace can be noted obvious advantages:
- Currently, the fireplace is partly a tribute to fashion, the prestigious decoration of any home, which is admired in the eyes of friends and relatives. He will make the situation in your home original, because a variety of decorative materials are used to decorate the hearth: wild stone, marble, glass, forged lattices and the like.
- The fireplace is a symbol of romance and comfort. Bright, flames flickering in the firebox create a unique atmosphere of comfort in the living room.
- In addition, a wood fireplace has a positive effect on human health, increasing stress resistance. After all, the contemplation of fire will allow you to relax after an intensive working day, bring peace and stihl, will allow you to distract from problems.
- Environmental friendliness of wood fireplaces: they do not have an adverse effect on the atmosphere and human health.
- A classic wood fireplace with powerful walls and a high.Quality chimney is an excellent additional heat source, and possibly alternative.
But undoubtedly, wooden fireplaces and their disadvantages have:
- It is almost impossible to obtain permission to build such a fireplace in the apartment of a residential multi.Storey building. Not even in every private house or in the country it is possible to equip a wood fireplane due to the total size, specifics of the installation and the system of displaying smoke. The best option is if the area of the room in which the fireplace is located is at least 20 m². The installation of a wood fireplace must be planned already at the stage of design and construction of the house, because it will require a special, high.Quality and very strong foundation that can withstand the weight of the fireplace and pipe. In order for its use to be safe and there are no problems during operation, it is necessary to install a fireplace and the installation of a chimney to entrust professionals.
- The construction of the fireplace takes a large amount of time, requires significant financial costs for the necessary quality materials and wages of the master.
- One of the disadvantages of the classic wood fireplace is a low useful coefficient (about 20%) at a sufficiently high cost. Such a fireplace will not be able to heat a large room or other isolated rooms. In addition, it will be impossible to adjust the amount of heat released. That is, such a fireplace is equipped not so much for the heating function as for creating a certain atmosphere and interior in the house.
What is a fireplace?
A fireplace is a type of furnace generating heat by combustion of solid fuel. The classic version is firewood, like an ordinary wood boiler, but you can drown a fireplace and coal, and special briquettes or pellets. Fuel burns due to the air traction created by the design of the fireplace. The blowing channel provides the flow of cold air into the main chamber, where burning occurs. Smoke goes into the smokers, and then removed through the chimney, providing traction sufficient for the active process of combustion of firewood. The heat obtained is distributed by the house depending on the design of the fireplace.
The fireplace consists of four main parts:
- Portal. This is an external, front of the fireplace, which carries both a constructive function and a decorative. It can be made of brick, natural stone, marble, artificial stone. The portal is decorated with various decor, it can be made in any style suitable for the interior of the house. The upper part is used as a fireplace shelf.
- Topka. This is the central part of the fireplace, the camera in which fuel combustion occurs and heat production for heating. For the manufacture of the firebox, fireproof metal or heat.Resistant brick is used. It can be open or have a door.
- Heilo (smoke collection). Needed only for fireplaces having an open.Type furnace. Is a special camera where smoke is collected before entering the chimney.
- Chimney. A vertical pipe for the output of smoke outside the house, providing traction for the active combustion of fuel in the main camera of the fireplace.
If there are restrictions in your house related to the organization of the chimney or you are scared away by the need to harvest wood for a wood fireplace, you can make a choice in favor of a bio.Stone. Buy a fireplace that does not require firewood for your work, you can also find traditional solutions in various configurations on the Biofamin website.
The fireplace has several varieties, each of which has its own design features, and therefore, fireplaces are classified according to several signs.
Heals quickly, ventilate well. With regular use, the room shines excellently. Warming while working. He does not accumulate heat. Low efficiency. At the same time, a very pleasant, sincere toy, often compositionally uniting the entire volume of the house. Creates a unique comfort. There are modern designs with califfers and air ducts that allow you to warm up the whole house, but the drawback is the same: it warms only when the fuel burns. Structurally arranged easier than a heating furnace. Although folding the fireplace is often much troublesome due to the configuration of the walls of the furnace.
The shape of the fireplace can be any. Generally accepted shelves and mirrors are not required. The so.Called ethnic style is generally undemanding to complex architecture.
Left: a fireplace in ethnic style. Right: a fireplace lined with Nizhny Novgorod tiles
Fleep cladding is clothing. The choice of which depends on the wishes of the owner and the dictate of the interior. Even the purchase typical cast.Iron firebox, often called the “fireplace cassette”, ceases to look like a product of mass production surrounded by tile cladding.
Left: Nizhny Novgorod manufacturing tile fireplace with a “fireplace cassette”. On the right: And in this fireplace, a whole panel was used, painted manually at Nizhny Novgorod Ceramics LLC. The work is extremely laborious, but very interesting
For Russian realities, the fireplace can only be considered as a pleasant addition to the main type of heating. He warms only due to radiant heat. It can be improved by some extent using excess heat of smoke gases. But still, the function of the heat accumulator in it is missing initially. Any creation of a fireplace hybrid and heating stove is akin to an attempt to create a universal tool is a compromise. When making a fireplace, you risk getting a non-shock. And do not swim. Therefore, it is better to do something specific. Maybe it will not be so attractive to sound phonetically when describing the house, but you will get a device that perfectly copes with your functions. Heating devices, in my opinion, first of all, should still be created as utilitarian. The decorative component is important, but it is secondary.
Fireplace as a drainage and fan
Home heating and hygiene benefits were recommended to have at least one fireplace in the apartment. It is like a dryer and a fan. For the same purpose, fireplaces were placed in the wards of the hospital. For ventilation. The fireplaces in the hospital chambers were firing, as quartzing today: regularly and necessarily.
Furnace technologies do not stand still. They develop, change. In most cases, they go, like any mass production, along the path of unification, simplification and cheaper. A good example is metal fireplaces. The so.Called fireplaces, or cassette furnaces. The essence is simple. There are several overall standards, within which the tastes and prosperity of the furnace model are selected. The lining is selected in the same way for them. As a result, the consumer receives a fireplace or stove. Quite inexpensive and with small financial costs.
Fireplace. Country cladding goes well with the interior
In my opinion, a very successful choice of choice, if there are children in the house. The presence of a door from heat.Resistant glass on the fireplace seriously simplifies the issue. In addition, the installation of the structure is quite simple. It all comes down to the correct selection of elements and their competent installation. The process resembles the assembly of a large designer.
WHY Are Chimneys on the Outside of a Home?
- The cost of the final product in most cases is lower than that of a brick fireplace. Although quite high. The cost of installation and manufacture of boxes is plying for the cost of elements.
- The service life of cassette structures is quite large, but it is still less than that of a well.Performed brick fireplace. Another thing is that not everyone can cope with brickwork.
- There are shortcomings. In my opinion, very significant. The first minus is the lack of individuality. The second is the trouble of all chimneys of the “sandwich” type (which are most often used with fireplaces). During breaks in operation, they can be capricious. And very strongly. This is a congenital defect of the structure. Plus other disadvantages of metal furnaces.
- A fireplace is a device that serves to heat the room with radiant heat.
- The furnace is a device in which the effects of radiant heat directly on the room are minimized. The heat of combustion fuel is transmitted through the walls of the device and then spreads through the room by air masses. Convection. The air heated by the walls of the furnace is mixed with the cold air of the room, heating the last. In this case, heat is used more rationally.
Here you still need to have an idea of the classification of furnace structures. There are several classifications. Well, firstly, the furnaces are separated by the temperature of the outer surface: structures with strong heating and moderate. In general, how to determine the degree of warming the surface of the furnace without tables and thermometers? Yes, very simple. Put a palm to its heated wall. If the hand feels heat (or warm), but you are able to hold your hand without masochistic efforts above yourself. This is moderate warming up. If the hand experiences discomfort and it is impossible to hold it. This is already a high heating. By the way, warming up the body of an ordinary brick furnace to such a temperature. Overkill. It is fraught with cracks not even by the seam of masonry, but by the destruction of the brick itself, which is much worse. Heating regularly a brick stove to such an extent, you risk simply vigorously bring it into disrepair. Very soon and inevitable.