Install a water heater with our own hands photo video
Buying a water heater is not all. It still needs to be installed, and then connected. And connect both to the water supply and electricity. How to install a water heater depends on its type: flowing or accumulative. Depending on the size and shape, the installation site is selected. The requirements for the power line depend on the power, and the water heater is from the internal device of the water heater. The connection diagram to the water supply.
There are two large groups: flowing and cumulative. Running water heaters heat the water, which passes through them. In this regard, they have relatively small sizes, but very high power. Up to 24 kW, but this is the maximum. For washing dishes and taking a shower enough power of 4-6 kW, to accept the bathroom-10-12 kW. So to connect such equipment requires a selected fishing line for a trimmer of power supply with an RCD.
The accumulative water heaters also call “boilers”, they have a reservoir and a small, compared with running, power. From 0.8 kW to 4 kW. Nevertheless, a separate fishing line for a trimmer of power supply is also desirable for them. The sizes of boilers depend on the volume of water contained in the tank. Their shape is cylindrical, and the cylinder can be located vertically (cheaper) and horizontally (cost more).
The place for installing the water heater is chosen mainly depending on the existing conditions of connection. Most often it is either a bathroom or a kitchen: water is summed up in both rooms. Secondly, the place is chosen for aesthetic reasons: so that the equipment does not really “strive” in the eye. From this point of view, they usually choose a toilet or bathroom. If there is a place, this choice is optimal.
The main types of water heaters
Water heating devices to the temperature temperature desired by the user can have a different device and configuration.
According to a separate basis for the classification, all boilers can be divided into types:
- By the method of processing water. Accumulative and flowing;
- According to the power source. Electric and gas;
- According to the form factor-cylindrical, flattened, rectangular;
- By the location of the connection. Vertical and horizontal;
- By the degree of activity. Indirect and active;
- By the installation method. Wall and floor;
- By type of control. Mechanical and electronic.
The variety of technology presented is for the most complete and adequate satisfaction of heterogeneous user needs. For example, for a private house with an autonomous gas or solid fuel boiler, an indirect heating boiler is perfect. It does not contain a built.In thermo.Element, and the water in it heats up from the heating boiler. By the way, such units are usually floor so that it is more convenient to connect them to the same boiler. In the conditions of an apartment building, this option is unacceptable.
Accumulative electric boilers
It was for this type of water heating technique that the word “boiler” was fixed in the mass consciousness.
The filling can be both electronic and mechanical. The advantage of such devices is in their versatility. Rarely which housing is not brought to electric networks. Sometimes this is the only type of energy in the area where the house is located. For apartment buildings, the boiler is installed where there is neither centrally supplied hot water, nor gas, this is the only solution that allows you to create minimal comfort. Also, the boiler becomes an indispensable assistant in those apartments where frequent interruptions in the supply of hot water, or it is served by the hour. In addition to high electricity consumption, such a product has almost no minuses. The device is completely safe subject to installation rules.
How your STEAM boiler works
Information in the article on how to choose an electric accumulative water heater for an apartment and connect it. Information on the main advantages of accumulative tanks, as well as the nuances that should be taken into account when hanging the boiler.
Propome electrical appliances
Constructively very simple, and even more compact than other models.
Are in demand when installing in those places where physically there is no place to accommodate a large boiler. Such a boiler represents a curved channel along which a heating spiral is laid by entering the (external placement of a spiral) or by the coaxial cable. A spiral in a waterproof tube is located inside the canal, through which water is moving, repeating all its bends. To heat the water to the desired values under a large pressure, it is necessary that the thermal element is warm up very quickly and to high values. Therefore, the power of the flowing devices is always higher than that of the accumulative-about two or three kilowatts. But the heater works only at the moment when water is turned on. The rest of the time it is inactive, blocked by special fuses from random operation. A possible area of application is points with episodic and short.Term water release, for example, moom or showers. Getting a bath of hot water in this way will already be costly.
Gas storage devices
This type is rare, although from the point of view of the cost of heating water is one of the most economical. The reason is that where there is the possibility of using gas to produce hot water, running water heaters are much more likely to put. The temperature regime issued by the gas burner is enough for heating with leaking water. Flot water heaters are more compact than accumulative, so most users do not see the point of putting a larger household appliance. To install it requires a full.Fledged chimneine canal with working ventilation. Open.Type burner consumes air directly from the room. Given the small volume of bathrooms, you need a permanent flow of oxygen for combustion so that the air does not turn out to be struck. The weighty advantages of this type of boilers are high heating speed and efficiency indicators.
Such units are almost never called boilers, because a special name was fixed behind them. A column. Entire houses and quarters in which there is no central supply of hot water, but there is a connection to the gas line, are equipped with flowing gas water heaters. They have been known since Soviet times, but since then they have become much more compact, more precisely, safer and “smarter” thanks to electronic controls. The heat exchanger through which water runs in the process of heating always has smaller sizes than a storage tank with a burner, especially when it comes to volumes of more than 50 liters. Gas consumption is slightly larger than in storage gas devices, but it still comes out cheaper than warming water by electricity.
List of necessary tools
Before you find out how to correctly connect the boiler to the water supply in the apartment, you should take the selection of the desired tools for the work for work. It should be noted right away that for installation it is not necessary to use high.Quality and expensive tools, most often, most of these materials, each owner has at hand. If there are no such, they can easily be purchased at the construction points of sales.
- Construction and installation pistol;
- Peorator or electric drill;
- Metal hooks;
- High quality hose;
- Special pipes;
- The unit itself.
Special steel hooks with a diameter of 10 mm, and dowels are used as fasteners for the tank. All this is fixed using a construction and installation gun, if there is no one, then the holes for the fasteners are made using a drill or a peorator.
If there is a layer of finishing material on the wall, you can use ten centimeter screws, part of them should be at least eight centimeters made on the basis of plastic.
Do not use flexible hoses or cheap products in the process of watering to the unit. They very quickly come into unsuitability and need frequent replacement. It is better to spend a little more money on quality materials once and be calm in the process of using the installation. It is also not recommended to use metal products; for such work, components of copper are ideal.
General connection diagram to the water supply
Connecting the boiler to the water supply from any type of pipes is carried out according to one general scheme.
Attention! All work on connecting the boiler to the water supply begins with the overlap of water supply to the apartment.
Cold water supply (from top to bottom):
- Installation of the “American” to the boiler water supply pipe is one of the simplest and most reliable boiler connection options. If it is necessary to dismantle the water heater, you can disconnect it from the water supply in a few minutes.
- Installation of a brass tee with a crane for draining water. This part is not a prerequisite for connecting a boiler. But for the convenience of lowering water from a boiler, this is an excellent and durable option.
- Installation of the security system is a prerequisite for connecting the boiler to the water supply. The system includes:
- The check valve. Will prevent the outflow of hot water from the boiler in the event of a drop in the supply of cold water or its complete absence;
- Obroopharyngeal valve. In case of increasing pressure inside the boiler tank, excess water is automatically discarded through this valve to reduce internal pressure.
Attention! The security system in the water heater is not always reliable. To protect yourself from troubles, get a reliable reverse and “breakdown” valve.
The importance of the security system is difficult to overestimate. So the absence of a check valve in case of disconnecting the water supply (for example, repair of the highway) will lead to the deviation of the tank. At the same time, the heating elements will still warm, which will lead to their failure.
The safety valve is no less important in the system. Suppose a thermostat failed in Boyler. In this case, the heating elements will not automatically turn off and the water temperature in the tank can reach 100º. The pressure in the tank will grow rapidly, which will eventually lead to an explosion of the boiler.
- In the case of a poor.Quality, hard water supply to the water supply, after a locking tap, it is necessary to install a cleaning filter. The presence of it will protect the capacity of the boiler from the scale and deposits of water stone, which will significantly extend its service life.
- Installation of a locking crane. Its purpose is to block the supply of water into the boiler when it is maintained or repair, while water will be supplied to other points.
- In the case when the pressure in the water supply “jumps” experienced masters recommend installing a pressure gearbox. If it is already installed in the entry of water into the house or apartment, you do not need to duplicate the installation.
- Slot of the tee into the existing pipe of cold water supply.
Hot water release (from top to bottom):
- Installation of the “American” coupling on the boiler hot water pipe.
- Installation of a ball crane for the possibility of lowering water from a boiler (if such a crane is already installed in another place, there is no need to duplicate it).
- Testing in hot water wiring through an apartment or house.
Attention! All compounds of the parts should be carried out on a linen with a fum tone or a special pasta paste.
Testing in a metal.Plastic pipe. The easiest way to insert. In the right place, the pipe is dissected by a cutter and, through suitable fittings, a tee is mounted on it, from which cold water will be supplied to the boiler. Metal.Plastic pipes are already losing their popularity. Outwardly they do not look very aesthetically pleasing, and their service life is not too large.
Insertion into a polypropylene pipe. Such a insert is more laborious and costly, but at the same time, the most reliable. The tee of the “American” coupon for connection is mounted using a special soldering iron. Having cut out a fragment of the pipe in the right place with special scissors, it is necessary to withstand the alignment of its two parts. Otherwise it will not be possible to fall off the tee.
Insertion into a metal pipe. Such an insert will require certain skills in working with drives and couplings. If it is possible to cut the thread on a cut pipe, the tee is installed by means of a conventional plumbing drive or coupling. If the metal pipes are located so that it will not work to use a bowl for cutting the thread, they resort to the use of a special clamp with a threaded discharge, the people are “vampire”. The procedure for working with the “vampire”:
- The metal pipe must be carefully cleaned from the old paint.
- Drive the hole in the place of the insert in the pipe. The diameter of the hole in the pipe must correspond to the hole in the coupling.
- The “vampire” coupling is mounted on a metal pipe through a rubber gasket and fixed with a coupling bolts. The holes in the pipe and the coupling must match.
Attention! A large hole drilled in the pipe will violate the strength characteristics of the pipe; small. After a short time it will be clogged with dirt.
Connection schemes for various types of boilers
Any boiler is equipped with an automation system with temperature control due to the built.In thermostat, when the specified heating threshold is reached, the electronic circuit turns off the power from heating thes. However, in order to avoid unforeseen emergency situations when failing of the parts responsible for disconnecting the electric heater during water overheating, the water supply unit diagram must contain elements that ensure the safety of the equipment using equipment.
The main device for performing this function is the safety valve of the pressure of pressure. When deciding how to connect a boiler to the water supply, consider its design and, in accordance with this, choose the following strapping methods:
- For electrical units, the correct diagram of connecting the water heater to the water supply includes a special safety valve for discharge of pressure of the usually flag.Type and ball descent tap. Two indicated elements of plumbing reinforcement are connected to the input pipe of the cold water of the boiler. At first, a drain valve is placed through the tee, and after it a safety valve is placed. The locking ball valve is designed to drain water from the water heater during its repair or preventive work. In the emergency valve there is a output fitting of a small diameter designed to drain the water with increasing pressure inside the boiler. A flexible eyeliner of the corresponding diameter is connected to the fitting and lowered it into the sewer, so that the water does not merge or dripped to the floor.
- In the pipelines of cold and hot water suitable for the boiler, they install ball valves that overlap the water stream when dismantling the device.
- If the pressure in the system exceeds 6 bar, which is unacceptable for many varieties of boilers, reducer reducing pressure is put in the pipeline.
Determining how to connect an indirect heating water heater to the water supply, two options are considered:
- The first is similar to the installation of a boiler with an electric heater. A exhaust ball and an emergency pressure dropping valve is connected to the input pipe of cold water.
- The second method of competent connecting the boiler to the water supply system is the use of security groups on the input pipeline. The device is a brass part with an input pipe and a tee, to which the descent valve, air venture and a control pressure gauge are connected.
- Sometimes, to supply water for individual houses, volumetric storage tanks installed in the attic of the building are used, when the boiler is binded to them, the following rules are guided:
- If the distance from the boiler to the accumulative container is less than 2 meters, a sequentially ball valve and the flag valve of the pressure drop is connected to the CVS pipe.
- When placing a boiler at a distance of more than 2 meters from the accumulative tank, the flag of the discharge valve of the pressure can not be installed.
Nuances of connecting a flow water heater
Connecting a flowing water heater to a house/apartment supply system with water is even easier than a cumulative. It is enough to follow the general principles of working with the technique of this kind (and the above recommendations), as well as the connection schemes proposed by the manufacturer.
All the main elements of the circuit are repeated, the drain valve, adapters from the heater pipes to the water pipes, connection to the power supply is also needed here.
- Mount the device in the immediate vicinity of the water intake. A sink, soul, kitchen sink. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the moisture zones and use moisture.Proof outlets, and also attentive to the waterproofing of electrical elements;
- If the pipes of connection of cold water are made of metal, attach them to the input pipe of the heater through the dielectric sleeve (included in the delivery kit);
- Since the power of the device can be from 1 to 27 kW, a device with consumption over 8 kW must be connected to a 280 network in a cable of four or five cores;
- Before the first inclusion, you should “blow” the system to ensure the filling of the main capacity of the heater and the absence of air plugs in the pipes/hoses.
It is important to understand: the flowing water heater provides the presence of hot water constantly (with power supply), but does not give a large fluid flow!
We recommend watching a video about connecting a flowing heat heater and the so.Called “instant water crane”.
Consider the types of water heaters
Water heaters for apartments and private houses are distinguished by type of energy. These are electric and gas devices. Electrical equipment can be accumulative and flowing, at that time gas models work only as running devices. Heaters in their form are vertical and horizontal, floor and wall. To correctly connect the heating equipment with the tank of the desired volume, it is recommended to use the following table.
Before you opt for a particular model of water heating equipment, you must have an idea of how devices of different types work.
Indirect heating devices
Indirect heating heaters operate from the coolant from the heating network, which passes through the tank through a spiral heating element. It is made in most cases from copper having high thermal conductivity.
The coolant at this moment has a maximum temperature, since it gets into this circuit directly from the boiler. The water temperature in such a water heater in most cases does not exceed 80 degrees. During intensive use of hot water, it can reduce at the time of pumping to replenish the level in the boiler.
The peculiarity of the operating conditions is that the heating process is not carried out in continuous mode. This means that water heat when there is no heating season is not produced. But it is possible to highlight the boiler circuit in a private house into a separate network and heat it at this time at the minimum operating mode of the boiler.
In addition, in any heating system, it is desirable to install a backup heat installation on an alternative fuel form. This is usually a low.Power boiler.
It can be switched to a water heater along a separate contour. The tap and heating system are somewhat complicated, but not so that the connection of the water heater with your own hands is impossible.
Indirect heating is used as a reserve of hot water supply during the heating season.
Accumulative water heaters
The name suggests that the accumulative type boiler has a capacity in which a certain volume of hot water accumulates, necessary to satisfy the needs of all those living in the apartment or house.
A thermostat is installed in the tank, which controls the hets, maintaining the constant temperature of the working volume of water (about 70 0 s.). For example, for a family of 5 people, it is enough to install a storage water heater with a tank of 50 liters. There are 150 liters volume models.
The pluses include the fact that the drives have a large stock of performance. Large tanks are able to supply hot water simultaneously for washbasins, showers and bathrooms, also for kitchen sinks throughout the connection.
The only drawback of such units is that after the full consumption of the working volume of hot water, you have to wait for the full refueling and heating within an hour and a half.
Devices are equipped with small containers. The heat heater is turned on at the time the crane is opened. Fast heating occurs due to the duct of the liquid through a hot spiral. Unlike drives, flowing models due to the short-term exposure of heating elements cannot heat water to high temperature values.
The valve on the tap regulates the replenishment of water level in the tank as it consumes from a centralized water supply or reserve capacity in the personal plot.
Despite this, running heaters prove their effectiveness as reserve capacities during seasonal and emergency shutdowns of hot water supply. They are in great demand among summer residents who install them in showers.
The disadvantage of the flow heater can be considered its low performance. For example, the bathroom can only be filled with warm, but not hot water with a large electricity consumption.
Gas speakers belong to flow water heaters. They began to massively install them in the USSR at the beginning of the 60s of the last century, when the country began in the country to build multi-storey gasified residential buildings. Heating in such devices is carried out as follows. Water from the water supply enters a spiral waterflower around a copper box screen, inside which gas burns in burners (gols).
How to Replace a Steam Radiator | Ask This Old House
In the starting position, the gas wick is constantly on. When turning the crane, the water from the water supply opens the valve, and the gas begins to enter the grates, where it lights up from the wick. For different models, the water temperature is adjustable in manual or automatic mode. But all with a sudden disconnection of the water supply, the machine overlaps the gas intake.
The advantage of gas columns can be considered high performance and effectiveness of action. Their ability to quickly ensure the supply of hot water is highly appreciated by consumers. Gas speakers can work effectively and safely only in conditions of centralized water and gas supply.
In order for the diagram of connecting the boiler to the water supply to be implemented without problems, you must prepare everything you need in advance.
The list of tools and materials includes:
- Measuring devices (ruler or roulette),
- A shock tool for drilling and drill in a set (you can use a peorator or drill with a function of impact),
- Fasteners for installing the unit on the wall (brackets, anchors),
- Installation keys for connecting elements (optimally supplement the kit with pliers and a divorce key),
- Tees (fittings intended for inserting into the water supply),
- Controversial cranes (they should be installed at the entrances to boilers to ensure the ability to turn off the equipment, for example, for repair)
- Materials for ensuring the tightness of the joints (PLACK, special paste, sealing tape),
- Flexible hoses (with their help, fluid is introduced into the heater and its conclusion).
In the preparation of materials and tools, take into account the individual features of the water heater connection to the water supply. The circuit may provide for pipes or execution of the bypass line. In this case, it is necessary to purchase pipes by choosing them according to technical characteristics (it is important to remember that not all materials are resistant to high temperatures).
Find out what are the rules for installing water meters in the apartment. The article also describes the sequence of installation of devices.
And if the toilet is clogged. What our other article will tell at home.
Features of connecting a floor water heater
Since such a heater is installed on the floor, all carts to it are not located on the lower panel, but at the bottom of the side or rear vertical wall. In everyday life, such accumulative boilers are rarely used, since the most miniature of them volume tank is 100-150 liters. In addition, they occupy a lot of space and have a greater power that imposes serious requirements for electrical wiring and safety automation.
Connection to water in the heating heaters is performed similarly to wall models. Connecting to the mains, due to relatively high power, it is necessary to perform exclusively through a separate shield.