How much water in the cast.Iron section of the heating radiator?
Cast iron ribbed radiators continue to work in many apartments and institutions built during the Soviet Union. Such a long service life is due to their technical characteristics. In the old days there were two types of cast.Iron batteries:
- Classic are well.Known “accordions” to everyone. The volume of water in the cast.Iron battery of this type was 1.5 liters. With its weight in an empty condition 7.1 kg, it instantly increased to 8.6 kg after filling with the coolant. As a rule, one battery section had a thermal power of 170 watts, and for heating a room with an area of 20 m2 it required 11-12 elements, which in combination without a coolant weighed 85 kg, and in full form-103 kg.
- Vintage models met infrequently, looked presentable, but their weight was even larger-12-14 kg without a coolant. The volume of the section of the cast.Iron radiator of the vintage type also amounted to 1.5 liters, but thermal power was much less-only 150-156 W.
These were truly heavy radiators that needed to be tinted regularly, and the sharp corners of their ribs were a danger to children.
In modern batteries from cast iron, the parameters are fundamentally different from the old “monsters”:
- The average weight of one section is 4 kg, which is half the Soviet heaters.
- The volume of water in a cast.Iron radiator of a new generation is 0.8 liters.
- The level of heat transfer of one section is 140 watts, which is less than in old.Style batteries. To heat a room with an area of 20 m2, there are already 14 elements, but their weight along with water does not exceed 60 kg.
If the installation of cast.Iron radiators consisting of 12 or more sections is required, it is more advisable to divide them into two devices. This will increase the efficiency of the structure, since the coolant will pass faster through the system. In addition, they do not need additional fixers for their installation.
The procedure for calculating the number of sections
There are different methods for performing technical calculations of radiators. Exact algorithms allow calculating taking into account many factors, including the size and placement of the room in the building. You can also use a simplified formula that will allow you to find out the desired value with sufficient accuracy. So, you can calculate the number of sections by multiplying the area of the room by 100 and the result by dividing by the power of the section of the cast.Iron radiator in vatas.
- In the event that the result was a fractional number, round it up in a large way. The supply of heat is better than its drawback;
- When the room has not one, but several windows, install two batteries, sharing the required number of sections between them. As a result, not only the life of the radiators increases, but also their maintainability. Batteries will become a good barrier for cold air coming from the windows;
- At the height of the ceiling in the room of more than 3 meters and the presence of two external walls in order to compensate for heat loss, it is advisable to add a couple of sections and thereby increase the power of a cast-iron heating radiator. “Why are cast.Iron heating batteries good. Advantages and disadvantages, rules for connecting a new sample radiators”.
In a panel house with central heating, you do not have to bother about issues such as filling the system with a coolant, this is the diocese of housing and communal services. But caring for a manor or dacha is a huge responsibility that is completely on your shoulders. The ability to save time and money makes the owners serve thermal communications with their own hands, using sometimes non.Standard methods.
For example, the lack of centralized water supply forces the use of natural sources. Wells, wells, ponds.
To know the precisely the required amount of fluid, you need to calculate in advance how much it will enter all the composite heating system:
We work with the documentation
The answer to the question of how much water follows from the pipe “A”, or rather, should go there, usually lies in the technical passport of the radiator and boiler. The pipes are a little more complicated, but not fatal. Knowing their inner diameter, on our site you can find a detailed table about the amount of water in liters/cubic meters per linear meter. The same can be said about data on the volume of the fuel boiler or batteries.
Knowing the occupancy of each meter of the pipe, find out the total “pipe” volume of the coolant elementary. Multiply the table number by the amount of meters. To do this, it is not necessary to crawl with roulette throughout the house, and use the design plan and ruler.
The volume of water does not depend on the type of radiator
From the table presented, it can be seen that the volume of water in the section of the bimetallic radiator and aluminum one and the same. So the material does not matter, the main dimensions of the heating device.
Ireworthiness in the house obliges the owners to use antifreeze. Since this pleasure is not cheap. You need to know exactly the amount of non.Freezing. Having determined the extreme minus threshold for the heating system, the substances are mixed in a certain proportion.
Antifreeze lowers fluid freezing temperature
Asshed cheat sheet
The average data that determine the volume of water in steel radiators of the panel type heating, as follows:
- Models, Thermogross 11 type for every 10 cm of length accounts for 0.25 liters of coolant;
- In similar models of type 22, this indicator increases to 0.5 liters by the same length.
Each section of the good old “cast iron” of different models has the following capacity:
- MS 140. 1.11–1.45 liters (from 5.7 to 7.1 kg);
- World Cup 1. 0.66–0.9 liters of;
- World Cup 2. 0.7–0.95 l;
- World Cup 3. 0.155–0.246 l;
- Konner Art Nouveau. 0.12–0.15 l (3.5 kg).
But so much enters the aluminum section
If your battery is a chubby author’s little thing to find out its volume is difficult, but perhaps. For example, the volume of water in the steel radiator of the tubular species is calculated brilliantly simply. One hole closes with a shabby, and after the second water is poured to the top.
In the heat exchangers of the wall.Mounted heating boiler, from 3 to 6 liters are placed on average, and in floor and parapet design. From 10 to 30 liters of water. So, having learned the number of coolant in all corners that it reaches, you can conduct a responsible operation. Calculate the volume of the expansion tank. It is the optimal pressure in the system and the desired volume of the coolant depends on it.
The calculation instruction involves the use of a simple formula:
- VC. The volume of the coolant in the heating system (what was mentioned above. The radiators of the pipe heat exchangers of the boiler);
- K. The coefficient of expansion of the coolant (in water it is 4%, therefore 1.04 is used in the formula);
- D is the effectiveness of the expansion of the tank;
- VB. Capacity of the expansion tank.
Find out the volume of the coolant close to the real number in radiators or pipes can be based on the power of the boiler according to the formula:
Weight of the section of cast.Iron radiators from different manufacturers
To figure out how much the cast iron battery weighs from different companies weighs, you need to familiarize yourself with the assortment they have issued:
- Nizhny Tagil Boiler and Radiator Plant. This manufacturer provides a passport for each of its products, which indicates the number of sections. The company offers 4 cast.Iron models. At the same time, the exact weight of the section is: for radiators MS-140-M-300-5.4 kilograms; MS-140 m2-500. 6.65 kilograms, MS-90 and T-90 MSOM 5.475 and 4.575 kilograms.
- Belarusian “bas.Relief”. Produces mainly single.Channel sectional radiators performed in modern design. This manufacturer makes 9 models of cast-iron batteries, in which the exact weight of the rib is from 3.7 kilograms (2K60P-300 products) to 6.7 (MS-140M).
- Russian “plumblit”. Now the company has been stopped, but its products are still sold in the retail network. The exact weight of the rib of batteries is in the range of from4.45 kilograms (models MS-85 and MS-110-300) to 7.1 kilograms (MS-140M).
How much kW 1 is a section of a cast.Iron radiator
Cast iron radiators are radiators that have come down to our time from the distant 70s of the last millennium. Today they are more modern, they are almost impossible to distinguish from bimetallic or aluminum radiators covered with enamel. Cast iron radiators are capable of working with the temperature of the coolant up to 1100C.
A rather large size and impressive weight is compensated by inertia, which allows you to adjust the temperature. They are ideal for any room, reliable and durable, can be used with any boilers and coolants. Many are interested in the question. How much kilowatts is in one section of a cast.Iron radiator? You will find the answer to this question just below.
Cast iron radiators M-140
M-140 type radiators have a fairly simple design and are easy to maintain. The material used in their manufacture is cast iron. It has high resistance to corrosion processes and can be used with any coolant. A low level of hydraulic pressure allows you to use radiators, both for gravitational and forced system circulation systems. A high threshold of counteracting hydraulic shots allows them to operate both in two.Story and nine.Story buildings. The advantages of the M-140-ease of maintenance, reliability, long service life and low cost.
Cast iron radiators MS-140-500
Widely used for heating buildings C T the coolant within 1300C and a pressure of 0.9 MPa. The capacity of one cavity is 1.45l, the volume of the heated area is 0.244 square meters. Material used for the manufacture of sections-ACO-10 (gray cast iron).
Lithium-ion battery, How does it work?
Cast iron radiators MS-140-300
Radiators used to warm up rooms with low window sills and a pressure of 0.9 MPa. Cavity capacity. 1.11l. Cavity weight, taking into account components. 5700 g. The strength of the calculated heat flow. 0.120 kW.
How A Car Battery Works. Basic working principle
Cast iron radiators MS-140M-500-09
The radiators of this model are used for different rooms with T coolant to 1300C and a pressure of 0.9 MPa. The mass of one cavity is 7100 g. The material used for manufacturing is gray cast iron. S heating one cavity. 0.244m2.
Important! When choosing a radiator for housing, be sure to pay attention to its characteristics and make all kinds of calculations in advance, so it will be almost impossible to exchange the purchased product.
Pros and cons of cast iron radiators
Any, currently existing heating system has both pros and cons, consider them.
The nominal value of the thermal power of each section is 160W. Approximately 65 % of the released thermal flow heats the air accumulating in the upper part of the room, and the remaining 35 % hears the lower part of the room.
- A long period of use located within 15-50 years.
- High level of counteracting corrosion processes.
- The ability to use in heating systems with gravitational circulation of the coolant.
Important! In order not to encounter the problem during installation, be sure to take into account the above the pros and cons of cast.Iron radiators. Their installation is not cheap, but repeated installation work will require many financial means.
Calculation of sections (cavities) radiators
And so, how many kW in 1 section of a cast.Iron radiator? To calculate the number of sections and their power, it is necessary to decide on the V room, which will subsequently appear in the calculations. Next, select the value of thermal energy. Its values are as follows:
- Heating 1m3 houses from panels. 0.041kw.
- Heating 1 m3 of brick houses with double.Glazed windows and insulated walls. 0.034 kW.
- Heating 1m3 of premises erected according to modern construction standards. 0.034 kW.
The heat flux of one cavity MS 140-500 is 0.160 kW.
Next, the following mathematical actions are carried out: the volume of the room is multiplied by the heat stream. The resulting value is divided into the amount of heat released by one cavity. We round the result in the most direction and get the right number of sections.
How many kilowatts is in a cast.Iron section? Each type of radiator has different values, which the manufacturer calculates during their manufacture and indicates it in the accompanying documentation.
We will make an approximate calculation according to the data.
The room has the following data: the type of room. Panel house, length. Height. Width. 5x6x2.7 m, respectively.
Where 0.16 is the thermal power of one section. Indicated by the manufacturer.
Important! Always round the resulting value. It will be hot. You can ventilate, it will be cold. You will not heat.
How to calculate the number of sections of heating radiators necessary for the room
To correctly calculate the number of radiators required for heating the room, you need to correctly determine its volume, determine the type of room. A certain type of room requires different volume and amount of heat. The thermal room of the panel house for heating 1 m3 requires thermal energy equal to 0.041 kW. In a brick house with warm walls and stuplopakets for heating 1 m3, 0.034 kW of heat energy will be spent.
The premises of modern buildings with new technologies, they will cost 0.020 kW of thermal energy per 1 m3 in them. One section of a cast.Iron radiator has a heat flux 0.160 kW.
After determining the type of room and radiator, the volume of the room is multiplied by the heat flow that is required. It turns out a value that is divided into a heat stream that falls on one section. The result obtained as a result is rounded to the value of the whole number. The result is a figure that corresponds to the number of radiators, which is necessary to heat this room.
Given: house. Panel, room with a width. 5 m, with a length of 6 m, high. 2.7 m high.
It is necessary to calculate the volume of the heated room:
Calculation of the number of sections for the radiator of the MS-140-500 model:
N = 3.321/0.16 = 20.76 pcs So many sections are necessary
Rounding of the value that is obtained, total = 21 section.
In a panel house with central heating, you do not have to bother about issues such as filling the system with a coolant, this is the diocese of housing and communal services. But caring for the estate or cottage is a huge responsibility that is completely on your shoulders. The ability to save money and makes the owners serve thermal communications with their own hands, using non.Standard methods from time to time.
For example, the lack of centralized water supply forces the use of natural sources. Wells, wells, ponds.
In order to know the right amount of fluid, it is necessary to calculate in advance how much its amount will be included in the entire composite heating system:
We work with the documentation
The answer to the question of how much water follows from the pipe “A”, or rather, should come in that direction, in most cases lies in the technical passport of the boiler and radiator. It is less difficult with pipes, but not fatal. Knowing their inner diameter, on our site it is possible to find a detailed table about the amount of water in liters/cubic meters per linear meter. The same can report data on the volume of the fuel boiler or batteries.
Knowing the occupancy of each meter of the pipe, determine the aggregate “pipe” amount of coolant elementary. Multiply the table number by the number of meters. To do this, it is not necessary to crawl with roulette throughout the house, and use the ruler and the design plan.
Note! On the network, the table of the volume of water within the heating radiator looks more ergonomic. It can compare the capacity of radiators from various materials, which will give you the opportunity to choose the right option.
From the table presented, it can be seen that the amount of water in the section of the bimetallic radiator and aluminum is the same. So the material does not matter, the main dimensions of the heating device.
Ireworthiness in the house obliges the owners to use antifreeze. Because this pleasure is not from inexpensive. You need to know absolutely correctly the amount of non.Freezing. Having found out the final minus threshold for the heating system, the substances are mixed in a certain proportion.
Note! It is forbidden to add antifreeze to the heating system made of galvanized pipes.
Asshed cheat sheet
The average data that determine the amount of water in metal radiators of the panel type heating, as follows:
- Models, Thermogross 11 type for every 10 cm of length accounts for 0.25 liters of coolant,
- In such models of type 22, this indicator increases to 0.5 liters by the same length.
Any section of the dilapidated “cast iron” of various models has the following capacity:
Note! It can be seen how the classical MS 140 differs from the Chinese Konner weighing, to which you should pay attention to if you have floor models.
If your battery is a chubby author’s little thing to determine its number is difficult, but probably. For example, the amount of water in a metal radiator of a tubular species is calculated brilliantly easily. One hole is closed with a flasher, and after the second water is poured to the top.
Note! Cast the amount of fluid flooded or later, at the time when you pour the contents into a bucket/bath. This calculation method is applicable to the radiator of any complexity without documents.
In the heat exchangers of the wall heating boiler, from 3 to 6 liters are placed on average, and in floor and parapet execution. From 10 to 30 liters of water. So, having determined the amount of coolant in all corners that it reaches, it is possible to perform an important operation. To calculate the amount of expansion tank. The optimal pressure in the system and the required amount of coolant depends on it.
The calculation instruction involves the use of a simple formula:
- VC. The amount of coolant in the heating system (what was mentioned above. Radiators of the pipe heat exchangers of the boiler),
- K. The coefficient of expansion of the coolant (in water it is 4%, based on this in the formula is used 1.04),
- D is the effectiveness of the expansion of the tank,
- VB. Capacity of the expansion tank.
Determine the amount of coolant close to this number in radiators or pipes is possible to start from the power of the boiler according to the formula:
- Kw. Boiler power,
- Number 15. The number of liters of water, to obtain 1 kW of energy,
- Vs. Non.Specialized system capacity.
How much does one section of the cast.Iron battery weigh and how to calculate the load from the radiator on the wall
Despite the abundance in the sale of modern heating radiators. Light, beautiful, practical. Many prefer to buy cast.Iron to new houses and refuse to change them in old. Explaining such a decision by their durability, resistance to corrosion and high heat transfer. But such heater has an important feature that cannot be ignored. This is a large weight. It is necessary to know how much the cast iron battery weighs to calculate the weight of each device suspended on the walls in the rooms, and ensure their reliable fastening.
Not every wall will withstand the weight of a cast.Iron radiator with a large number of sections source XLOM.Ru
Why do you need to know the weight of the batteries
This information is especially important for those who build a new house and choose materials for the heating system:
- When buying batteries and deciding the issue of their transportation, it is necessary to choose a transport with a certain freightiness. If a large house and heating devices are required, it is unlikely that it will be possible to transport them by personal transport, and even on the trailer. Will have to order delivery or hire a truck.
- A less relevant, but important question is unloading and delivery of radiators to the installation site. It is difficult to endure a large cast.Iron battery alone.
- The most important point concerns the installation of radiators. In modern frame houses, buildings from gas blocks, SIP panels and other similar materials, walls may not keep heavily loaded mounts in themselves. Knowing the weight of one section of the cast-iron battery and their required amount for heating each room, instead of one large, you can install 2-3 small batteries or select structures with a floor support.
Floor cast-iron radiator source Stroy-Podskazka.Ru
A mass of cast iron radiators
The parameters of cast-iron radiators operated in autonomous and central heating systems of residential buildings are regulated by GOST 8690-94. It says that they should withstand the temperature of the coolant more than 100 degrees and the working pressure up to 9 atmospheres. However, the weight of the cast.Iron battery (1 section) is not standardized, only the standard of the specific mass of the material is given. 49.5 kg per 1 kW of the given heat.
The nominal mass of the section depends on its dimensions, and they have different manufacturers for all manufacturers. Over, each manufacturer has devices of the same model with different parameters: height, depth, interaxial distance, wall thickness.
Radiators of one series of different heights Remrep source.Ru
The weight of the heating of the most popular brands
Cast iron batteries MS-90 and MS-140, massively produced in the USSR, remain the most popular today. But many enterprises have established production of other models that differ in shape, dimensions and, accordingly, weighing. We will talk about the most popular products in the domestic market.
But first, let’s explain what the parameters indicated in the characteristics mean:
- Interssection distance. Distance between the centers of the section of the connecting elements of the sections.
- Depth (g). The distance between the front and rear section of the section.
- Width (w). The distance between the extreme points of the horizontal section.
- Height (c). The distance between the extreme points vertically.
Scheme of cast-iron battery with the designation of dimensions source Proton-st.Ru
Now let’s move on to the description of these parameters from different manufacturers and see how much the cast.Iron battery of each model weighs.
Lugansk radiators are already produced by I0 source.WP.Com
The total weight of the battery
Knowing the radiator brand and using the given data, it is easy to calculate how much the cast.Iron battery weighs: 1 section (its weight) is multiplied by the number of sections. But so you will learn only a mass of radiator for transportation. Filled with the coolant, it will be much harder.
It is not much more difficult to calculate its mass: you need to add the weight of the water to the weight of the section (it is equal to the internal volume) and multiply by the number of sections.
An example of a calculation for an 8-sequent battery MS-140-500 plumblit:
On a note! In the old radiators, scale deposits can accumulate, increasing the weight of an empty heater, reducing its fullness with a coolant and reducing heat transfer. Therefore, they periodically need to be cleaned.
This video shows how cast.Iron radiators are polluted, where dirt mainly accumulates:
How to calculate the number of sections
To determine what size there should be a cast.Iron battery, the following data are needed:
- The power of the heat transfer of one section. It is indicated in the passport for the product;
- The volume of heated room;
- Climatic conditions;
- Heat loss, depending on the material of the walls, the quality of insulation, the number of windows and other parameters.
This calculation with reliable accuracy can only be performed by experts. But you can use the simplified option, accepting it, which is heated by 1 sq.M. Area is required 100 watts of thermal energy.
An example of a calculation for heating a room with an area of 24 kV.M. Radiators MS-140-500 with a section of the section 160 watts:
- For heating such an area, 24 x 100 = 2400 W thermal energy is required;
- By dividing it into the power of one section, we get: 2400: 160 = 15 sections;
- We multiply this amount by weight with the coolant and find out how much the cast.Iron battery weighs: 15 x 8.55 = 128 kg.
This is a lot, so the load on the walls made of fragile materials is recommended to reduce by dividing the radiator into two in 7-8 or three to 5 sections in each.
How to assemble a battery from the desired number of sections, reduce or increase it, is shown in the video:
You can also think over the installation by increasing the number of fastening points and evenly distributing the load. Or buy batteries in the floor.
Briefly about the main thing
The weight of the heating battery is one of those parameters that are important for transportation, installation and trouble.Free operation of the heater. It depends on the dimensions of the device. Its height, depth and width, which differ in different manufacturers. As well as the internal volume filled with the coolant and creating an additional load. The total weight of the working battery consists of the weight of all sections included in it and the mass of the water located in them. If it is very large, it makes sense to think about the separation of the battery or a change in installation technology.
What is heat transfer
The definition of heat transfer is reduced to a pair of simple words. This is the amount of heat secreted by the radiator over a certain time. Radiator power, thermal power, thermal flow. The designation of one concept and is measured in watts. For 1 section of the bimetallic radiator, this number is equal to 200 watts.
In some documents, heat transfer values calculated in calories in 1 hour are found. In order to avoid confusion, calories are easily transferred to watts using the simplest calculations (1 W = 859.8 cal/hour).
The heat from the battery heats the room as a result of three processes:
Each model of heating devices uses all types of heating, but in different proportions. For example, those batteries are considered a radiator that transmit to the surrounding space from 25% of thermal energy through radiation. But now the term “radiator” began to be called any heating device, regardless of the main method of heating.