If you have a question about how to set up an electronic scale, you must also have a question about how to properly handle it. When using the device, be mindful of keeping it safe. To do this, it is best to immediately observe a few key points that will help you use the device for a long time.
How to calibration any China digital scale [40 kg to 200kg any scale]
Some of these should include:
- It is best to store the electronic scales on a detached surface, away from heating appliances. If you do not use them every day, you can even put them away from everyday places.
- Take away completely the temperature fluctuations, high humidity, mechanical influences, dust and dirt, as well as sunlight. This also applies to electronic retail scales, which are also subject to adjustment when first used.
- If you decide to clean the platform, you should take a damp cloth for this, and a dry cloth for the base. Chemical agents should not be used.
- If the scales are used in rooms with high humidity, or if water gets in them, it will lead to the destruction of metal parts. This will subsequently affect the accuracy of the measurements being made.
- Never subject the scales to physical force or jump on them. All this will lead to breakages as well as cracks on the surface. In any case the accuracy will be impaired.
If such decent storage conditions are provided, the scales will be able to work for a long time. In order for the floor scales to be used for a very long time, it is better not to neglect the conditions of use.
Handle it with care. The regular cells can hold a person’s weight up to 216 kg. If you exceed this mark, the electronic floor scale may damage its mechanism.
You should also pay attention to the integrity of the body, because this will depend directly on the accuracy of further measurements. If there are cracks, they will have a negative impact on the overall values.
If all of the above requirements are met, the scales will be able to have a long life and provide only accurate measurement. The information obtained from the electronic scales allows you to control their appearance and weight. Now there are a huge number of manufacturers, each of whom can offer a decent option. And now you know exactly how to properly weigh on electronic floor scales.
How to reset a floor electronic scale
Before you decide to set up your floor electronic scale, you need to insert the battery and test the device. This allows you to find out information about the condition of the device even in the store.
The basic settings include several major steps:
- Floor scales should be placed only on a perfectly flat surface in a strictly horizontal position. Flooring with a smooth texture is best. Never fit carpets, uneven surfaces, protruding elements. They can increase the measurement error.
- If you do not know how to check the electronic scale, the first thing to do is to turn it on and start working. This is done by pressing a button or touching the surface of the sensor. After that, a zero countdown is displayed and this tells you that the device is ready to use. Some models can be switched while weighing. You can verify the method in the data sheet. All data is displayed there.
- The Scarlett scales work accurately only when the person is level and the feet are parallel to each other. This is to ensure that the weight is evenly distributed and accurate readings are displayed. Usually the sensors are located on two sides of the center. Keep in mind that the stability of the device at first startup will later affect the correctness of measurement readings. A great number of models are automatically adjusted during the first start-up.
IMPORTANT! If there are any additional functions, it is better to learn about the peculiarities of the settings in the manual. After all the procedures you should not have any questions about how to adjust the scales.
Calibration procedure for jewelry scales
Setting the accuracy of jewelry weighing instruments requires special care and attention. Let’s follow the procedure of weighing instrument calibration using MH-500 jewelry scales as an example.
- Hold down the “UNIT” key and wait for the indicator to show 500 on the scale display.0. The instrument indicates the necessary reference mass for automatic calibration.
- Press the “UNIT” button to start the automatic setting process. CAL” message flashes on the screen.
- After 500 appears on the screen again.0, carefully place the weight for 500 grams on the center of the device platform.
- The unit will automatically turn off and then turn on again and the word “PASS” will appear on the screen. The calibration process is complete, and the unit is ready to be weighed.
To calibrate your jewelry scales
Setting the accuracy of jewelry weighing instruments requires great care and attention. The calibration procedure of the weighing instrument is shown on the example of jewelry scales MH-500.
- Press and hold down the “UNIT” button while waiting for the value 500 to appear on the display.0. The device indicates the reference mass necessary for automatic calibration.
- Press the “UNIT” button to start the automatic setup process. CAL” caption flashes on screen.
- After the numbers 500 appear on the display again.0, carefully place a 500 gram weight on the center of the instrument platform.
- The device will automatically turn off and then turn on again, the word “PASS” will appear on the screen. The calibration process is completed and the device is ready for weighing.
How to adjust the accuracy
In most cases the trade weigher calibration is carried out using the standard weights. Start the adjustment mode, set the weight of the weight and make sure that the display shows a reading that corresponds to this weight.
There are electronic trading scales, the calibration of which is carried out using the built-in reference weights. A special device uses these standard weights to load the platform during the calibration.
For a successful repair it is necessary to follow a simple algorithm of actions. If a person wants to know how to repair floor electronic scales, he should read the step-by-step instructions for repair.
If the scale is broken because of sensors, the first step is to determine the type of problem (sensor bending, wire breakage, complete breakage). If the malfunction is due to a warped structure, it will need to be straightened. One of the load cells most often fails. In this case the following steps will be necessary.
- Check the functioning of the load cells. To do this, you need to press down on each of them with your hands. Even at a light touch on only 1 sensor the scale should work.
- Disassemble the scales, carefully examine the wiring.
- If there is a breakage (near the board or the sensor itself) it will need to be repaired. You will need to use a soldering iron for this.
- In some cases, the breakage is hidden behind the adhesive backing. It is necessary to open it carefully and check the connection.
If the sensor is completely broken, it is replaced. Finding and buying a suitable spare part on your own is quite problematic. When looking for a new load cell, you must pay attention to its compatibility with the device. It is better to buy it in specialized stores. When buying you need the help of a consultant. The new sensor will need to be fixed in its seat and the wires soldered to it.
Recommended reading: choosing electronic floor scales.
Loop repair is usually necessary if the numbers are not fully shown on the display. Loop is a set of wires that connects the display and the board inside the unit. To assess the condition of this element and make repairs, perform the following steps:
- Complete disassembly of the case. Checking cable integrity.
- If the numbers are not fully displayed, it means that the loop is detached.
- Items that depart from the circuit board must be soldered securely.
A special type of conductive adhesive can be used to hold the stub and all the pins to the circuit board. After that the problem should go away. All gluing or soldering should be done with great care. There is a chance of damaging the circuit board if you are not careful.
Calibrating the device
In some cases the malfunction is due to improper adjustment of the sensors. Incorrect data may be shown on the display if for some reason calibration was not carried out. Today’s scales are automatically calibrated each time they are in a new location.
Calibrate Romitech and Sprint scales (NECS, ST-ACS, ST-TCS, SIBS, BLES)
Consider the option of calibration on the most simple models of scales NECS and ST-ACS:
- Place the scale on a flat, horizontal surface using the level located on the scale housing for accuracy;
- Turning the scales on;
- After setting “0” on the display of the scale, press 3658, TARA. the scale enters the calibration mode;
- The number “1” appears on the display, press 1, TARA;
- The number “2” appears on the display, put the load on the weighing device (preferably not less than 50% of the weighing limit), press the TARA;
- The number “3” appears on the display, enter the value of the load placed on the load receiving device in grams (in our case it is 20000), press TARA;
- The number “4” appears on the display, enter the weighing limits for this model in grams (in our case it’s 40000 (30000, 35000));
- Number “5” appears on the display and you enter the sampling ratio (in our case it is number 3, usually it is the default number on these models);
- The number “6” appears on the display, enter the sampling ratio (in our case it is number 5, usually on these models it is 10 by default).
- Scales appear in a weighing mode, 20 appears on the display.000. calibration is completed.
Commodity scales ST-TCS, SIBS and BLES are calibrated by analogy:
- Set the scale on a horizontal level surface by adjusting the leveling feet;
- We switch scales on;
- After setting “0” on the scales display, press 3658, TARA. the scales go into calibration mode;
- The number “1” will pop up on the display, press 1, TARE;
- Number “2” appears on the display, place the load on the weighing device (preferably not less than 50% of the weighing limit), press the TARA;
- The number “3” appears on the display: enter the value of the load placed on the load holder, in grams, excluding the one zero to the right (in our case it is 5000), then press the TARE button;
- The display shows number “4”, enter the limit value of weighing for this model in grams, excluding one zero on the right (in our case it is 10000);
- The display shows the number “5”, enter the sampling ratio (in our case it is number 2);
- number “6” appears on the display, enter the sampling ratio (in our case it is number 5, usually on these models default is number 10).
- Weigher goes into weighing mode, 50 appears on display.00. calibration completed.
- Place the scale on a level, horizontal surface by adjusting the feet;
- Turn on the scales;
- After setting “0” on the scales display, press 3658, TARA. the scales enter the calibration mode;
- Number “1” appears on the display, press 1, TARA;
- The number “2” appears on the display, put the load on the load-receiving device (preferably not less than 50% of the weighing limit) and press the PASS button;
- Digit “3” is displayed, enter the value of the load placed on the load-receiving device in grams excluding one zero on the right (in our case it is 7500) and press the TARE button;
- The number “4” appears on the display, enter the weighing limit value for this model in grams, excluding the zero on the right (in our case it is 15000);
- Number “5” appears on the display, enter the sampling ratio (in our case it is number 2);
- The number “6” appears on the display, enter the sampling ratio (in our case it is number 5, usually on these models the default number is 10).
- Scales goes into weighing mode, the display shows 75.00. calibration completed.
- Set the scales on an even horizontal surface on the level by adjusting the legs;
- Weighing in the scales;
- After setting “0” on the scales display, press 3658, TARA. scales enter the calibration mode;
- Number “1” appears on the display, press 1, TARA;
- Number “2” appears on the display, place the load on the load holder (preferably not less than 50 % of the weighing limit), press the TARA button;
- The number “3” appears on the display, enter the value of the load placed on the load holder in grams excluding one zero on the right (in our case it is 15000), press the TARE button;
- The number “4” appears on the display, enter the weighing limit value for this model in grams, excluding one zero on the right (in our case it is 30000);
- The digit “5” is displayed, enter the discretization coefficient (in our case it is digit 2);
- The number “6” appears on the display, enter the sampling ratio (in our case this figure is 10, usually on these models it is set by default).
- The scale will go into weighing mode and the display will show 150.0. calibration complete.
Electronic floor scales don’t display weight correctly. how to correct the problem?
Floor scales are available to almost everyone. People want to keep track of their body weight changes at all times. But very often it happens that the floor electronic scales show different values with regular use. There may be several reasons for this. First, the device may be fake, because of this will not show accurate readings. The second factor is the unevenness of the surface. The third reason is that the scales are made in different places. This is why the scales do not show the weight correctly.
There are a few practical suggestions to help set up a scale for home use:
- Change the place where the scale stands. Visually, a person may not even notice that the scales are not level and this leads to errors in the work of the sensors.
- Check the legs of the scale for a foreign object that causes the scale to fail to work properly.
- To change the batteries in floor scales by yourself.
For the measuring equipment to show the correct result, the device should be placed on a flat surface. Otherwise, its quality and life depends on the manufacturer and the model chosen.