Table of the main causes of leaks in the fill hose
|Loose connection of the hose nut with the connector of the unit, the rubber gasket is worn out.||You need to tighten the nut or replace the gasket with a new one.|
|Damaged water hose, external mechanical impact or long service life of the product.||The place of water leakage may be anywhere in the product, most often it is a micro cracks that are difficult to detect immediately. It is necessary to remove the product and carefully check in good light. In the case of a leak, do not repair (glue). The best solution is to replace it with a new one.|
What is a water seal and what does it do?
This part of the washing machine, provides a reliable seal between the tank and housing, as well as for tight closing of the hatch door.
How to Replace a Washing Machine Door Seal on a Bosch Washer
The boot lid seal is an element made of heat-resistant silicone rubber that is highly resistant to water.
Materials and Tools Required
The rubber band can fail for several reasons:
- wear and tear from prolonged use;
- mechanical damage from metal objects caught in the drum. Usually they are keys, paper clips, screws, coins, etc. п;
- pinching the laundry when closing the door, which can cause the rubber to tear;
- Careless removal of washed items where metal parts (zippers, buttons) can damage the part;
- Exposure to caustic chemicals used in violation of operating rules for bleaching the laundry or cleaning the drum.
Before changing the gum on the washing machine, it is necessary to prepare:
- A rubber sealing collar that matches the specifications of the model of the machine being repaired. On the Internet there are tips for minor damage to reinstall the seal so that the location of the defect is above the water level in the drum. This should not be done because at any moment the cuff could collapse.
- electric screwdriver, power screwdrivers to unscrew oxidized self-tapping screws.
- Open-jaw and ring wrenches. Suitable for removal of counterweights.
- Liquid soap to reduce friction when installing the sealant on some models.
- Wiping rags.
Replacement, repair, lengthening of a water hose of any washing machine
Most breakdowns of the washing machine appear in the form of puddles on the floor. Damage to the hose, can be one of the causes of malfunction or breakdown of the washing machine. Let’s understand what to do if water feed hose (fill hose) is broken, cracked, fallen into disrepair from time. Let’s analyze the most frequent breakdowns and methods of their elimination.
The manual is relevant for: Ardo, Beko, Bosch Avantixx, Classixx, Logixx, Maxx, SportLine; Brandt, Candy Aquamatic, Holiday, CNE, CTS; DAEWOO, DEXP, Electrolux, Timemanager, Evgo, Gorenje, Haier, Hansa, Hotpoint Ariston Margherita, RSM, ARSL, ARWM, Indesit IWSB, WISL, WISN, WITL, Innex, Inex; LG / LG/LG; Miele / Miele, Samsung Diamond, WF, EcoBubble, Bio Compact / Samsung Diamond, Eco Bubble, Bio Compact; Siemens / Siemens, Vestel, Whirlpool AWG, Zanussi Aquacycle, EcoValve, EcoValve; Atlant, Vyatka, Desna, Donbass, Malyutka-2, Saturn, Siberia, Feya-2, Evrika-3 and other brands with vertical and horizontal loading, automatic and semi-automatic.
How to put the gum on the drum of the washing machine
If the technique malfunctions, you will have to spend money on the purchase of components and pay for the services of a master. It’s much cheaper to do the repairs yourself. In this publication we will tell you how to insert the rubber band in the washing machine. If you find a leak and damage to the cuff, then proceed to eliminate the breakage.
How to change the sealing rubber (cuff) on the washing machine?
Replacing the cuff in a front-loading washing machine may be necessary for a variety of reasons, but this task does not necessarily require calling a master. It is possible to change the cuff at home without any special tools in any machine, whether it is a model from Indesit, Samsung, LG or other brand. The procedure takes about 30-60 minutes and will save you money if you understand exactly how to replace the cuff.
Theory and principle of operation
The shutoff valve on the washing machine performs the same functions as an ordinary faucet. But it is not opened manually, but with an electric coil on command of the control unit. When power is applied, pressurized water rushes into the tank or into the powder compartment, depending on the program.
- plastic housing;
- solenoid (electromagnetic coil)
- a rubber or polyurethane membrane;
- filter mesh;
- Inserts in the nozzles, reducing the pressure;
- seals and fasteners.
When the washing starts, the current is fed to the coil, and draws a rod (a metal rod with an attached rubber band). Diaphragm opens, the liquid under water pressure flows into the washing machine. When the desired amount is reached, the level sensor (pressostat) signals to the control unit and the current is turned off. The spring returns the stem to its original position, closing the water.
Why the problem occurred
There are quite a few reasons why an urgent replacement of the rubber seal or, in other words, the door cuff is needed. Here are the most common versions.
- Natural wear and tear of the part, which occurs due to the long service life of the machine. During the operation of the drum, there is a strong vibration, therefore, the rubber is simply rubbed over time, cracks and microdamages appear.
- Formation of mold on the inside of the elastic band. Appears due to the use of low-quality household chemicals: powders, gels, rinses. Read about how to get rid of mold here.
- Damage (cracks, tears) to the cuff due to washing solids. It happens that before washing we forget to take out of s various small things: coins, keys, key chains, pens, paper clips. Washing clothes with large fittings and metal elements: buttons, locks, rivets can cause a potential hazard.
- If you wash in hard water and do not use softeners, limescale deposits will gradually build up on the internal parts of the machine which may also lead to the replacement of the rubber seals.
To understand that it is time to change the cuff of the washing machine hatch, you can by the formation of water under the machine.
After all, it is leakage that mainly signals the emergence of a problem. As a result, all this can lead to a short circuit and complete failure of the machine. To remove the cuff and install a new one instead, it will take you from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on the complexity of the problem model of the washing machine.
Washing machine leaks from the bottom during the washing and water intake
No matter how reliable the washing machine was, one “beautiful” day it can leak. And the trouble is that not the fact that at this time the owner will be there and turn it off. This means that it will continue to leak and could flood not only its owners, but also the neighbors downstairs. It is very important to carry out preventive measures in time. But, our article is not about that, so we will try to figure out why the washing machine leaks from the bottom, what are the consequences and how to repair the unit.