How to clean a drain in a dishwasher
Co.Author (s): Chris Willatt. Chris Willatt is the owner and founder of Alpine Maids, the cleaning service in Denver, Colorado. Alpine Maids has earned a prize for the best cleaning services in Denver in 2016 and has more than five years in a row has a rating A in Angie’s List. Chris received a bachelor’s degree at the University of Colorado in 2012.
The number of sources used in this article: 7. You will find their list at the bottom of the page.
Number of views of this article: 30 551.
Plum in a dishwasher can clog due to accumulation of food waste, fat and garbage. If water has ceased to merge from the dishwasher, then this fact may indicate a blockage of a drain pipe or drain filters. To clean the drain in the dishwasher, it is necessary to remove the blockage from the drain hose, clean the drain pipe and wash the filters. To prevent re.Clogging, follow the instructions for proper care of the dishwasher.
Unscrew the filter. Check with the operating manual for the dishwasher to find out how to correctly disconnect the filter. The filter is usually attached by four screws. To get to the filter, first you need to remove the lower grill.
Return the filter in place. Take a screwdriver and fasten the washed filter back. First insert all the screws and only then twist them. Thus, if the screw accidentally falls to the bottom of the dishwasher, you do not have to unscrew all the screws to get it.  X Source of Information
Remove the lower lattice. To clean the drain in the dishwasher, first you need to remove the lower grill from it. Thus, you will open access to drain, water slot and filter. Before starting cleaning, turn off the dishwasher from the power.
Disconnect the sump and filters. Using a screwdriver, disconnect the sump and filter, which are usually located at the bottom of the dishwasher. Check with the user guide to find out how to find and disconnect the filter.  X Source of Information
Remove the blockage using a straightened wire hanger. When you disconnect the filter and sump, you will see the drain. Remove the blockage using a straightened wire hanger or cable for cleaning pipes.  X Source of Information
- As an option, you can use store equipment to clean the blockages, but they may contain dangerous chemicals that will remain in the dishwasher.
Do not wash off the mixture for 10-15 minutes. Soda with vinegar will be cleaned by a blockage that could form in a drain pipe. After 10-15 minutes, pour hot water into the drain to rinse the pipe from the mixture and the remaining garbage.  X Source of Information
Cleaning Your Dishwasher Interior
Return all parts of the dishwasher in place and run the sink cycle. Having sorted out the blockage, return the filter and sump to the dishwasher and run the sink cycle. With a cleaned drain, water will no longer be assembled at the bottom of the device.
Disconnect the dishwasher from the mains. Before proceeding to clean the blockage in a dishwasher, do not forget to turn it off from power. To do this, just remove the fork from the outlet, pull the fuse on the electric shield or turn the corresponding switch.  X Source of Information
Follow the user guide. The user manual of the dishwasher should be said how to find and disconnect the hose from the dishwasher.  X Source of Information
Manual or automatic cleaning
Nothing complicated: buy a cleansing agent, start a sink cycle and a dishwasher sparkles with cleanliness. But do not forget about physical cleaning. In the article you will learn how to clean the dishwasher manually and automatically.
How to clean PMM from food residues
The manufacturer indicates in the instructions the operating rules of equipment. An important point is the removal of food residues from devices before loading into the camera. No powder can remove the garbage clogged in the drain filter. Therefore, you must represent a sequence of work.
- Crush the shut.Off valve and turn off the dishwasher from the network.
- Open the camera door, take out all the baskets.
- To remove fat and dirt from baskets, soak them in a bathroom with a detergent.
- Remove the upper and lower sprayer, rinse the nozzles under running water. You can use a toothpick to remove dirt in the holes.
- Remove the drainage filter and metal mesh behind it. Wash the details under the crane using a soft brush.
- Remove the lid from the seating of the filter to get to the pump.
- Inspect the impeller at the time of blockage.
- Disconnect the bulk hose.
- Remove the filter grid. If it is very clogged with rust and a drop, put it in a citric acid solution for 10-15 minutes.
- You can wash the bunker inside the wall with a sponge with a detergent. Just do not use a manual washing gel, otherwise it will foam too much during the launch of the car.
It is forbidden to use abrasive powders, hard metal sponges to clean the cells of stainless steel chambers.
How to fight mold
Most often, it is formed from excess moisture. To avoid the appearance of mold, it is enough to hold simple rules:
To wash the PMM tank from mold, you will need additional funds, for example, home. How to rinse the camera:
- Moisten a rag with hydrogen peroxide.
- Wipe all the moldy places.
- Leave for 1.5-2 hours.
- Now put on gloves and re.Wipe the spaces of mold “white”.
- Rinse the car with warm water or start a short sink cycle.
How to get rid of scale
The degree of stiffness of water directly affects the speed of scale formation in dishwashers. Lime plaque settles on the internal details of the machine, leading to breakdown. To soften water, it is recommended to use special salt. Its components attract heavy impurities.
To combat a scope in the PMM Bosch (Bosch), Hans, Ariston, Electroilux can be used by citric acid. Pour 200 g into the detergent compartment, run the wash cycle. Repeat once every six months. Read more about the fight against a bit in a separate article.
If you have completed manual cleaning, then the time to start automatic washing and get acquainted with store cleaning products.
Removing scale “folk” means
Often the most common means that can be found in the nearest household store or pharmacy are taken into service.
Cleaning with citric acid
Using citric acid as a cleaning agent: take 200 g, pour it to the bottom of the hopper, turn on the standard washing mode and drive the machine in vain. Without loading dishes. Wait for the middle of the cycle, stop the sink for 20 minutes, then continue the program.
The method promises excellent results, but be careful: there is a risk of destruction of gaskets inside the structure. “Limonka” should be used extremely rarely, only if there are no other alternatives left.
Important! Falling up acid in PMM, first wipe it the walls. Leave for 5 minutes, then install the longest soap cycle.
The struggle of vinegar
You can also get rid of plaque using vinegar. This is also not the safest tool, but there is a way, and its effectiveness has been proven. Act like this:
- Measure 2 cups of vinegar;
- Pour to the bottom of the hopper;
- Put on gloves, take a sponge and wipe with vinegar the inner surface of the tank;
- Run the sink;
- Stop the cycle in about the middle and leave the machine for half an hour;
- Resume the program;
- At the end of the cycle, drive the machine on express mode to completely wash out vinegar from systems.
Bura from scale
The method is suitable for removing the layer of scale from the walls of the hopper, doors and dishwashers. Over time, salt plaque “grows up” over time.
Apply a little brown to the soft damp sponge and carefully cover the surface with a thin layer-but do not clean and do not try, just apply the drill without any manipulation. Leave PMM for 20 minutes, then select any program with maximum heating water and run the machine.
At the end of the cycle, check and rinse the filter, and also inspect the surfaces: whether the drill was washed off from them. If you notice the remains, wipe the walls with a sponge and start idle mode again.
Soda peroxide: scale will disappear
Combining ordinary food soda with such a simple ingredient as hydrogen peroxide, you will remove the plaque from the heating element and wash the scale from the walls of the pmm bunker. Act like this:
Important! Drip a little essential oil into the composition, to provide a pleasant smell in the bunker. It will smell at first sharply, but after the second washing everything will normalize.
- Roll the ball from the resulting mass and load it to the bottom of the hopper;
- Run the idle sink by choosing a long program;
- Rinse the filter;
- Repeat the program.
Elimination of scale, mold, fat and rust in the dishwasher
Elimination of scale, mold, fat and rust
If inside the dishwasher are such persistent pollution as fat, scale, corrosion or mold, you can not do without special cleaning compositions. You can buy professional tools in a store, cook them yourself.
To clean the dishwasher from scale, you can purchase one of the cleaners:
- Finish rinse. Japanese concentrated tool that effectively eliminates scale. With this drug, you can easily clean a small blockage, say goodbye to unpleasant odors from the bowels of the device. The manufacturer claims that the solution extends the unit service time.
- Finish Machine Cleaner. Effective two.Layer remedy: Blue liquid. Against fat, white. Against scale. The option when you need to clean the dishwasher quickly at home. Bribes ease of use: unscrew the lid, turn the container upside down, placed in the lower zone of the unit. To clean the machine, it is enough to put the sink at a temperature of 65 ° C.
- Filtero. The product is poured into the dispenser, depending on the degree of pollution, the machine is included for 1-1.5 hours, heated water to the highest possible temperatures.
- Electrolux. If you need to clean the electrolyux dishwasher, purchase a corporate remedy that will help remove small garbage and fatty layers. Electroilux powder is also sold, effective when eliminating scale.
- “Antinakipin”. Powder for degreasing surfaces, elimination of scale and lime layers.
You need to know how to clean the washing machine with dishwashers? Basically, all tablets, powders and gels work according to a similar scheme: the drugs are loaded in an empty unit, start work at a temperature of 45-90 ° C for a given time interval. To completely clean the technique of “chemistry”, then they turn on the short cycle of “idle”.
How to clean a dishwasher?
- Vinegar and soda against fat, rust, fat plaque or mold. Here we will analyze how to clean the dishwasher “Ariston”. Pour a glass of table vinegar into a dispenser, and sprinkle on the bottom of the household device with a uniform thin layer of food soda. Put the unit on the longest sink cycle. As soon as the machine heats the water, press the “pause” and leave to soak for 30 minutes. You have a dishwasher. How to clean the car? If the machine is very contaminated, then you can leave it at night. Then remove from the “pause”, let the device complete the cycle.
- Soda tablets “2 in 1”, removing fat, dirt and unpleasant odors. On a glass of baking soda-15 drops of essential oil, 1-2 st. Tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide. Mix the components in a homogeneous mass resembling wet fine sand. Roll the balls from this composition, put them at the bottom of the unit. To clean the dishwasher with a tablet, start the device for a long.Term sink cycle.
- Lemon acid. On average, it takes 150-200 g of the means to clean one machine. We will analyze how to clean the dishwasher with citric acid. Turn on the sink at high temperatures, put the device by pause. Depending on the degree of pollution, leave to soak for 30 minutes or for a couple of hours. Please note that citric acid must be used with great caution. With a large concentration, it harms rubber parts.
The fight against the scale and unpleasant odor
In addition to performing the preventive cleaning of the detergent, it must be regularly ventilated. This will prevent the appearance of mold, which becomes source of musty smell. Mud and fat fat are easily removed if pour them with hot water with the addition of a conventional vehicle for dishes. Problem places are processed with a sponge or soft brush. The rubber seal of the door must be wiped with a damp cloth moistened in a special solution for PMM care. Using other means, especially household chemicals with acid or alkali, is not recommended. These substances can damage the structure of the material.
Over the years of operation, scale is formed on the internal details and nodes of the dishwasher. It is impossible to completely neutralize hard water even with salt. To remove lime plaque, you need to use special preparations for scale or folk remedies: citric acid, food soda, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide. However, when using improvised means, care must be observed: active substances can negatively affect rubber and plastic elements.
In the case of a breakdown of a dishwasher, it is best to seek advice to an authorized service center. Qualified experts will help to solve any problem, and in many cases still at the stage of telephone conversation.
Mechanical cleaning in stages
The frequency of processing of the product depends on the intensity of its operation. If PMM washes the dishes daily, it is recommended to clean twice a month. In addition to food residues, scale forms inside, because hard water is usually entered by the water supply in the water supply.
Corps with seals
Door gum, basket and all inner surfaces are recommended to be wiped immediately after washing the dishes. The periodic disinfection of space will not harm if you use the means that are recommended for dishwashers. The best devices, by the way, you can find in the corresponding PMM rating.
The condition of the lower edge of the doors and joints should be closely controlled, since these parts are practically not washed during the operation of the equipment and dirt accumulates there. If the rubber is not too contaminated, it is slightly slightly wiped, moistening a rag with a soap solution (sometimes an old toothbrush is able to help). The fluid can not be sprayed with a spray gun so as not to wet the wiring.
Attention! Some housewives use home remedies to eliminate fat. However, for seals, it is undesirable to use them. The elastic band will be sigent after processing with acid.
When the program finished, open the compartment serving for the placement of detergents, rinse it well, dry it. The basket should first be moistened with warm water, then washed it with soap solution, using a hard brush. Luck, if independent cleaning is functionally provided by the unit. Before returning the box, it must be washed back using running water, then wipe it dry.
When cleaning the dishwasher, we must not forget that the filter is located inside the system. Its localization is at the bottom of the camera, near the impeller of the sprayer. This element requires regular washing. It is recommended to clean the knot after each 5 session of the sink.
- The first step is to turn off the machine from electricity.
- Next, you need to remove the lower basket into which the dishes are placed, wipe the remaining liquids in it. When dirt is noticeable on the mesh itself, it also remove it.
- The filter should be turned against the watch. Some machines have its removal by eliminating it.
- Make sure the released hole does not contain dirt. When it is present, remove it with a sponge.
- Test free rotation of the impeller, unscrewing the screw first, and then removing the covering cover.
- Rinse everything with warm soapy water to dissolve fat. With severe contamination, moisten the surface with citric acid.
In addition to the filter, regularly clean the nets located on the equipment housing at the site of accession of the intake hose.
Cleaning the nozzles of sprayers
Despite the reduction of the probability of pollution by the filter, individual extraneous particles pass through a fine.Fingered mesh. Когда на них откладывается известковый налет, вместе все это забивает отверстия внутри коромысел. Because of this, their periodic cleaning is necessary.
- Remove the upper basket.
- Having pulled the latches, remove the rocker.
- Similarly come with the lower box.
- Fat plane are removed on the details, rinse holes with a water jet.
When difficulties in extracting wiring arises, the instructions attached to purchased equipment will help, which is very meticulously indicating how and how to clean the details of the dishwasher.
Removing mud from baskets
It is not easy to wash the plastic plastic plastic plastic with a plastic. To facilitate the work, special drugs are used.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR DISHWASHER (QUICK & EASY !!)
- Put baskets in a basin.
- Pour boiling water, pour the recommended tool.
- Wait about an hour when the water cools down, remove the remaining fat with a soft brush.
Cleaning the “dead” space of the door and its sealing
The design of the machine does not allow to efficiently remove the plaque from the bottom of the doors, the deposits gradually accumulate there. Periodically wipe this area with a wet sponge, then wipe it, rinse with vinegar. When the gum is not covered with fat, do not be too lazy to wipe it with a cloth. Remove the adhering components with a brush.
Disinfection of the camera
To clean the dishwasher efficiently, treat its inner surface with a kitchen sponge. To eliminate an unpleasant amber will help leaving the door in the open state in the gaps between the sinks.
How to clean a dishwasher
Wikihow works on the principle of wiki, which means that many of our articles are written by several authors. When creating this article on its editing and improvement, 41 people (a) worked, including anonymously.
The number of views of this article: 58 788.
Many of us do not often think about the need to clean the dishwasher. In the end, if the plates become clean, then the dishwasher becomes clean too? Unfortunately, small garbage and scraps that accumulate over time, worsen its performance. If your dishwasher is already time to clean, start with step 1 described below.
- Lemonade drink. (Do not take those who have a rich color, since they can leave colored spots. No need to add sugar.)
- Lemon juice
- If the holes are very small, take a thin wire and bend it into the hook on one side. Stretch through the farthest hole from the middle. Every time you do this, you will extract a small piece of garbage.
- As an option, you can drill a hole of a larger diameter in the end of the carousel. Cleam the blockage with a ruff, and then screw into the hole a stainless steel screw.
- Do not forget the bottom of the door and under it! In some dishwashers, this is a blind zone where water does not get and garbage can accumulate there. Wipe this place with a rag moistened in vinegar. If something is stuck, use the brush.
- If there were fat and mold in the dishwasher, then leave it completely open for a while so that it completely dries after each working cycle.
- Do not use a bleach or tools based on it if the door and internal walls of your dishwasher are made of stainless steel.
- Use the remedy for removing rusty spots that will not hurt your dishwasher but first ask the professional. How they got there?  X Source of Information
- If the wire baskets in your dishwasher crackle or falls, take a specially made sealant for dishes for dishes. Pull the guides and inspect them from below too. If the damage is too strong or there are many (not just a couple of chips, but a whole bunch), check if you can replace the shelf whole. Stores on the Internet sell a wide range of spare parts and it is yours that may not be difficult to find.
Install all parts back into the dishwasher. Immediately after the grille, filter, carousels and all the internal parts are cleaned and small details are mixed up, install them back to where they should be. Or go to the next part. If your dishwasher is in a deplorable state, you can remove its bottom and do a serious business.
Inspect the bottom of the dishwasher around the drain hole. There should be a grid or grill around it, under a carousel. Dirty water goes there. Look at the garbage that has scored this place. Remove the accumulated hard pieces, especially pieces of paper, fragments of broken plates, small pebbles, etc.D. If it seems to you that something fell inside, you will have to disassemble the details a little to remove all the garbage.
- As soon as you dismantled this part, make sure to remember what and where you took off from. Take photos of the process and fold the parts in a reliable place in the order in which you shoot them. So you will not have questions when assembling.
Cumble the input hole of the filter with a piece of adhesive tape. This is necessary so that the garbage that you will clean up does not get into it. You want to remove garbage from the dishwasher, and not clog their pipes even more.
Purely like this: learn to clean the dishwasher correctly
Houzz Contributor. Style Anthropologist, Freelance Writer and Photographer with A Passion for Design and Living with Style. Join me on the adventure at thismericanhome.Blogspot.Com, and Follow Me on Houzz! Www.Thisamericanhome.Blogspot.Com
Admit it, you are rarely engaged in this boring occupation. Cleaning the dishwasher. Yes, and it would seem why wash the device from the inside, which will rinse the dishes (and himself at the same time). However, if you recall the existence of the instructions for the dishwasher, it will surely say: cleaning the dishwasher is shown every four to six weeks. Regular washing of the dishwasher reduces the formation of limestone plaque, removes soap plaque and food particles (which reduce the efficiency of the machine and clog the nozzles of nozzles that supply water for washing dishes). Summary: Pure dishwasher. Clean dishes.
One. Water should be hot to wash and disinfect the dishes inside the dishwasher, choose a mode of about 50 ° C. How to clean a dishwasher if your car does not have a separate regulator for choosing a temperature, but there are only pre.Installed modes?
Clyde Yankees, who repairs household equipment for 25 years in Clyde The Appliance Guy, advises in this case the “big finger rule” for testing the water temperature: “If you can hold your finger there for more than two seconds, you need to increase the temperature”.
Clean the filter for years consumer requirements have prompted manufacturers to create more quiet dishwashers.
In the past, the dishwashers were equipped with a part called the Griner. He processed food and performed the function of the container with garbage (but he produced about the same). Food fell into the chopper and processed, and then was excreted with dirty water.
New models instead of a grinder use a removed cylindrical filter located at the bottom of the machine. When the food is washed off from the dishes, large particles are gathered in the filter to avoid plum blocking, and this is a more quiet process.
The problem is that large particles remain inside, until the filter is cleared. Abandoned filters can be clogged with large pieces of waste and can even begin to smell. If it smells bad from the dishwasher, perhaps this is the case.
How to find a filter for many dishwashers, removing the filter requires great effort than just turning it counterclockwise. Sometimes it is not at all obvious where, in principle, it is located. Since there are a lot of models, it is best to get the manufacturer’s instructions. Paper or online.
As soon as you figured out where to look and what to do, make sure that you removed the plate in the form of a open circle from the inside of the filter, and rinse it under the tap. Then return the filter to the place. If it is not fixed correctly in its place, food particles can suck and clog the pipes.
Lucynda from the Whirlpool Institute of Home Science recommends checking the record once a month if you tend to leave food on plates. If you wash the dishes before loading the dishwasher, it will be enough to clean once every three months. “If you notice that with the usual actions, your dishes are not completely washed, there are pieces of food on it, or it is greasy to the touch, it means to check the filter,” she says.
Clyde recommends clearing the filter every week if the device is used daily. “The cleaner and freer of excess garbage you will contain your machine, the longer it will last,” he says If you let her hide with dirt, she will break. “.
Check the inner part of the bearer you will have to remove the lower basket and container for devices to get to the filter, this is a great moment to explore the bowels of the dishwasher. As soon as the basket is removed, check the bottom of the machine, especially the area next to the drain, where garbage can accumulate.
Do not use water supply fluids say that you can wipe the machine from the inside with a rag or sponge, but make sure that they do not have ordinary hand soap or dishwashing liquid. Even a small amount of soap remaining on the sponge can provoke the appearance of foam inside the dishwasher. Foam can weaken seals inside the filter and other components and cause leakage.
Instead, make a paste made of dry powder for a dishwasher or use a liquid for a dishwasher.
Fighting with calcium stained white stripes inside the dishwasher? These are accumulations of hard water, also known as limestone plaque. They look like a white sediment. Over time, such clusters can clog holes in the jets of the dishwasher and filter components. White vinegar can help remove plaque (see paragraph 10 for more information).
Use high.Quality products for washing.Quality chemistry will save dishes and dishwasher itself clean. Lucinda says that three in one work work better. These are the pills that you put in the machine. Look for packaging with different liquids and different colors. They produce different components at different times during the washing cycle, adding enzymes and auxiliary rinses.
“I’m not a fan of powder,” says Clyde I prefer gels or packed tablets “. Cheaper washing tools decay longer and dissolve in water. They risk accumulating inside the details of the machine and in the motor.
Make sure that it gets into the dishwasher is advised to clean and even rinse before sending to the dishwasher. At least check the plates for toothpicks, bones, bones from olives and fruits, paper labels glued to banks, or sticky price tags remaining on purchased plates. “Paper in combination with water creates papier mesh inside the filters and clogs them,” says Lucinda.
If you find broken glass dishes in the typewriter, collect all the fragments and pieces that ended up in the dishwasher. If the glass is small enough, it can get into the system.
Eight. Use all options of the machine “We often hear from customers that they have mastered only one universal regime and do not use all options and various cycles,” Lucinda shares. But the manufacturers did not try for nothing and developed a separate option for pots and pans, for example. She is specially tuned to removing large pollution. Or then do not complain that the dishwasher did not wash the frying pan on universal mode. Special cycles and options work better than a “general cycle” ”.
How to avoid problems
Adhering to the rules of operation, you can prevent problems. What do we have to do:
- Well clean the devices from food residues.
- Regularly clean the dishwasher.
- Twice a month clean the drainage filter, once every six months. Bulk.
- Scatter. Use special salt.
- Dry the bunker after the washing cycle.
So you can eliminate problems with your own hands, as well as prevent their appearance. Video will help you: