How and how to clean the washing machine: the best ways to overview special tools
You want to extend the uninterrupted operation of your washing machine by completing its main elements? Agree, it’s great when the washing room works like a clock: loaded underwear, poured powder, pressed the start. To do this, you should remember the most important thing: any technique needs care.
But the range of detergents is very rich and you do not know which one can cope with the task? We will help you figure out how and how to clean the washing machine from a variety of pollution. From scale to banal mud and ubiquitous fungus.
The article discusses effective methods of cleaning the heating element with a review of the most effective means. To avoid a breakdown of an expensive device, flood and other consequences of oversight, we offer step.By.Step briefing on the implementation of a comprehensive cleaning of all important components and elements of the washing machine.
We selected a photo with the image of important stages of the process, as well as useful videos that demonstrate the prevention and maintenance of the unit on our own.
How to clean a washing machine from scale?
After all, you probably had to clean the kettle from scale with citric acid? The same principle is useful with a washing machine. Heating elements, in fact, are the same. Put 100 g of acid into the powder compartment and put the longest mode at a temperature of 90 degrees.
During the washing, follow the sounds: if there are too many scraps, it disappears in pieces and sometimes clogs the drain. You will understand that this happened if the car starts to buzz and rub. Then it needs to be turned off, a piece of scale is manually, and continue the washing further.
When you finish, check so that the pieces of scale does not stay in the drum. Be sure to look under the seal and in it, check the drain again. And you can finally relax. Such preventive cleaning is recommended to do once every 5-6 months.
Professional tools: the rating of the best
Industrial drugs for the processing of the washing machine and its individual elements have significant advantages over folk methods: they do not harm the design and have proven effectiveness. Their use allows you to quickly eliminate the cause of the unpleasant amber, periodic use is a reliable prevention of its repeated appearance.
IMPORTANT! Before buying, it is recommended to study the composition and its indications for use, presented on the package. This is due to the fact that on sale there are both universal and highly specialized drugs designed to solve a specific problem (removal of scale, fight against mold, and so on).
Effective means included in the rating of the best include household chemicals presented in the table.
Table. Review of popular means to clean the washing machine
|Beckmann||Germany||Universal drug for scale, pollution, mold. Quickly removes an unpleasant odor, suitable for processing individual elements of the machine|
|Magic Power||Germany||One of the best drugs for processing the elements of the household appliance. Effectively removes deposits from the heater and the drum. Presented in the form of powder or gel|
|Topperr 3004||Germany||Designed to destroy the scale of varying severity and sustainable smell. Presented in bottles of 250 ml, one is enough for 2 applications|
|Schnell Entkalker||Germany||Quickly and effectively removes deposits from the elements of the machine. Suitable for use for multi.Layer scale, pronounced mold and stable amber|
|Kaneyo||Japan||The product has a pronounced antimicrobial effect, quickly eliminates dirt, moldiness, stench. Actively fighting deposits|
Step.By.Step instructions for the selected tool are presented on the package. Before use, it is important to familiarize yourself with it.
Features of the use of professional tools:
- Some of the drugs are covered or poured into a powder compartment (for example, Magic Power), others are placed in a drum (Topperr 3004, Kaneyo).
- Then they launch the wash, but without things. The temperature is usually set about 40-60 ° C.
- Certain drugs (Schnell Entkalker) need to be entered into a car with water (without linen) and leave for a while (for 1 hour at the beginning of the operating mode and for the same amount at the end). This is necessary to remove persistent plaque.
- Beckmann can be placed in a drum, as well as wiped individual elements of the machine. With persistent contamination and smell, it is possible to soak them in the solution.
- The volume of most funds is designed for 1-2 applications.
How to clean a washing machine from the outside
The body of the washing machine is washed with water and a rag. If necessary, wipe the outer side of the device with a soap solution.
Dilute soda and water in equal volumes until it is completely dissolved. Process the machine part with the mixture and rinse it with water.
Cleaning rust and lime plaque
The temperature during cleaning should be at least 90 ° C.
Removing mold and fungus
Several ways to get rid of mold and fungus on the details of the washing machine.
Phased instruction for cleaning the car from fungus and mold:
- Apply a cleaning antifungal agent (for example, “Domestos”) to the parts of the machine and rubber of the drum;
- Pour the product into compartments for powder and air conditioning;
- Leave for 3 hours, then remove with a hard sponge;
- Thoroughly rinse the details several times to prevent the residues of the product for clothes, this will provoke an allergy;
- The sponge needs to be thrown away so that the mushrooms do not multiply.
After buying a car, it is very important to properly care for it so that it serves you for a long time and works at full strength. We hope that our recommendations will help extend the life of the device.
If you still have questions for the author of the article or want to share your own way of effective cleaning the washing machine, tell us about it in the comment below under the article.
How to check the technique for the presence of scale?
The cleaning of the device with acid powder must be treated as a serious procedure. This means that it is not recommended to conduct it without need, therefore, the main task of the hostess is to check the device for the presence of plaque and scale:
How to clean the pump filter on your Beko Washing Machine
- You need to take a flashlight and look into the drum. First of all, you need to check its lower part, because in most of the models the heater is located there. In addition, the whole drum should be examined, scrolling it with your hand. Usually traces of plaque and scale are immediately visible.
- In most cases, scale appears with frequent washing at high temperatures. Therefore, if you regularly erase at a temperature of 80-85 degrees, most likely the device requires cleaning.
- The scale is assembled from hard tap water, and its characteristics can be checked either with special tests, or by defending by defending. In addition, if the scale accumulates on the kettle and other similar devices, then in the washing machine it also has.
You can recognize the scale by the following signs:
- Fabrics after washing have a musty smell;
- The device began to work too noisy;
- Springs of gray and yellow are clearly visible on light clothes;
- Even when replacing gel or powder, poor quality washing is observed;
- Water heats up poorly.
If there are several such problems, it will be necessary to urgently clean the device with citric acid, otherwise it will no longer be able to save it.
How to clean the drum with citric acid
To get rid of the scale of the tank and the drum, you should adhere to the following instructions:
- The concentrate of the cleaning agent is laid directly in the drum. For one procedure, 100 g is enough.
- The device is put on the execution of the washing mode, which provides for the temperature regime of at least 60 ° C.
- 10-15 minutes after the start of the program (when the heater heats up the water), the device is paused, and after an hour the “freezing” the program is launched again.
- At the end of the program, it is recommended to additionally start a rinse cycle.
- After cleaning, the drum and the cuff are wiped with a dry soft cloth.
It is impossible to use a concentrate more often than once every 2-3 months or exceed the dosage. This can negatively affect the cuff or plastic parts of the washing machine.
Prevention of the appearance of scale
Of course, it will not be possible to avoid the appearance of scale. No matter how soft water in the region where you live, it will still appear (just a little slower). So you can only postpone its education using special filters and products for softening water.
IMPORTANT! Do not forget about regular general cleaning of the washing machine and all its elements.
How to understand what exactly broke in the washing machine
First you need to determine the cause of the malfunction, and then take measures. A beginner in the field of repair of household appliances can determine the breakdown by the following signs:
- Water ceased to heat up, so things are erased in the cold. Probably the problem in Ten.
- The washing tank picks up water for too long or does not gain at all. Perhaps the problem with the pump or hoses.
- The door does not close to the click, preventing the washing process from starting. See here about problems with the door here
- Water does not merge after the washing is completed, and the machine at this moment can be very good. Perhaps the problem with the press.
- During washing, the drum can make strange sounds: knock, rattle. An extraneous subject may have been included in the drum.
- I can’t start the program for washing. After turning on, the machine in a strange way flashes with all indicators. Sometimes the program is still possible to choose, but washing still does not start. Perhaps the engine is broken, the control module.
- After pressing the power button, the technique does not start, although it is included in the outlet. Probably the problem is in the control module, uble, power supply.
- Sometimes an error on the display may appear on the washing device, and it will not perform its functions. Error codes are better to watch in the instructions of the corresponding model.
Attention! Fault options are the most diverse. Several components can come out at the same time. Examples of the most popular cases are above.
In the event of a fault of the Beko washing machine at 5-6 kg, you should stop the washing program as soon as possible, or pull it out of the outlet. After you need to remove excess weight from the drum and find out the true cause of what happened.
Drum cleaning tips
The technique of cleaning the drum machine at home will depend on the type of pollution.
The washing machine drum can be cleaned of rusty plaque using citric acid. For the procedure, you will need 5-6 lemon bags-this is about 120-150 grams. It is important to use acid, not citric juice-because of his concentration, it will not cope with the task.
- Fold citic acid into the compartment for washing powder.
- Turn on the washing cycle, best at maximum temperature (without linen!).
- If after washing there are spots, then you can rub them with a toothbrush, having previously dipped it in citric acid.
- After successful cleaning of the metal from rust, it is recommended to process the drum with special products for corrosion. They are unlikely to be sold in a regular household store, but in the department of automotive cosmetics there are many such means.
Unfortunately, it will not be possible to eliminate rust on the details of the washing machine forever. All measures are only temporary. The constant effect of water and detergents will sooner or later lead to the destruction of the metal. With the growth of rust, only the replacement of the drum will help. If the rust has entered the washer, then the repair may be inappropriate. However, with the help of citric acid, it is possible to delay the purchase of new equipment for a year or two.
Removing slag and dirt
The stains or soap coating from the drum can be eliminated using acetic acid.
- Pour a glass of 9%acetic acid into the drum or powder compartment for powder.
- Launch the LACK TO THE LAST CARARY. The water temperature should not be less than 60 degrees.
- At the end of the washing cycle, turn on double rinse.
In its effectiveness, vinegar surpasses even professional cleaning products for washing machines. Such a cleaning procedure can be arranged regularly. Once a few months. Acid softly dissolves the remains of the powder and lime layers from heating elements and other metal parts.
How to remove and clean filter on Beko Washing Machine & keep it Hygienically Fresh
The chlorine bleach “Belisiness” can also cope with slag and dirt on the drum. The procedure for action will be a slightly different.
- Pour a glass of means into a tray to serve powder.
- Turn on the washing cycle at an average water temperature-50-60 degrees.
- Apply double rinse. This will eliminate the specific smell of chlorine.
Important! Chlorine is a volatile toxic compound. During the use of chlorine, it is important to observe one condition. There should be free circulation of air in the room. If the washing machine is installed in the kitchen, you can even open the window.
Getting rid of unpleasant odors
Stagnation of water in filters or hoses can cause an unpleasant, musty smell. You can eliminate extraneous aromas in the following method:
- Put the washing powder in the detergent compartment, add several teaspoons of citric acid to it.
- Pour a little acetic acid into the air conditioning department.
- Install the washing program at maximum temperature (optimal. 90 degrees).
Homeless housewives also advise using tablets for dishwashers. They effectively clean the swamp smell from the machine. You need to put 5-6 tablets in the drum and launch the wash without linen at 60 degrees.
The fight against mold and fungus
Mold spots and fungal growths look unaesthetic, and also carry a threat to health! You can eliminate them using ordinary baking soda. This method has only one drawback. You will have to clean the washing machine manually.
- The surface of the drum should be slightly moistened with a wet rag, then apply soda on a napkin and thoroughly wipe the mold from the surface. Pay special attention to a rubber cuff. After washing, water accumulates there, which means that favorable conditions are created for the propagation of mold.
- The same manipulations need to be done with a retractable tray for washing powder. What is it for? As a rule, if the mold appeared in the washing machine, then several nodes are affected at once. To clean the small parts of the tray, it is convenient to use the old toothbrush.
- Wir soda from mold also you need to drain filter.
- All hoses must be disconnected and washed with soapy water with a lot of soda.
After total cleaning of the machine from mold and fungus, the wash should be launched with the addition of acetic acid. In the future, it is necessary to carefully dry the car after each washing. This will prevent the repeated occurrence of mold.
Cleaning of pets wool
Holes from pets accumulates in a drain filter. The blockage causes an unpleasant smell from the drum and affects the quality of the washing. The water is poorly removed during the squeezing. The filter must be unscated from the compartment at the bottom of the machine, manually clean the wool and other fibers, and then install it back.
You can fix the cleaning effect using household cleaners. According to the instructions, measure the right amount of solution and powder and start washing with an empty drum. Now the machine shines like new!