Another trick, or Hiding pipes over furniture
If the pipe is located at a sufficient height, you can install a wide shelf under it. When it’s filled with kitchen utensils, the pipe won’t be visible at all. Naturally, the installation must be carried out very carefully, so as not to snag the gas pipe. It is best to paint the pipe in the same color as the wall.
The pipe will be even less conspicuous if you install a cabinet system under it. They are deeper than shelves, which means that from below the gas pipe won’t be visible at all. In this case, all requirements are met: if necessary, access to the pipe is free, and ventilation is not interfered with anything. Naturally, this method is suitable for masking horizontal sections of the pipe.
The most common option of cladding communications gypsum board. A framework of guides is built around the free perimeter around the pipe.
Important: the box is built with a reserve for access. Cut parts from sheet plasterboard to size and fasten them to the structure with self-tapping screws. Many pipelines have a valve for the gas supply.
At its location you can install an opening hatch of 200×400 mm, which allows you to use the gas at any time.
The requirements of regulatory documents
Laying of gas pipes in the kitchens of apartments or private homes are regulated by the requirements of SP 402.1325800.2018 “Residential Buildings. Design rules for gas supply systems”. According to the text of the official document, the following restrictions must be observed when installing a gas main in the kitchen space:
- The gas pipe in the kitchen shall be accessible for visual control and repair in case of emergency.
- Do not mask the pipeline with the use of fixed ducts made of plasterboard and other materials.
- Do not seal the pipe in airtight cases in order to avoid accumulation of gas in case of depressurization.
- When covering the mains, provision must be made for removable structures that can be removed to provide free access to the pipe during periodic maintenance or repair work.
- It is not allowed to lay the gas pipeline into the wall thickness, under the plaster, tiles, wallpaper or other interior design elements.
- Rewiring is only allowed with the approval of the gas trust on application from the tenant.
- Residents have no right to interfere with the design of the gas pipe on their own. To perform the work in this category, you need to call a specialist.
- The surface of steel pipes gas piping must be coated with a paint anti-corrosion composition to increase the service life.
- Do not apply any loads to the gas pipeline, in order to avoid deformation and depressurization of the pressed pipeline.
Before hiding a gas pipe in the kitchen, you need to pay extra attention to a safe solution to this problem. Any decor must meet the requirements of trouble-free operation and serviceability of the line.
How to hide a gas pipe in the kitchen beautifully and safely?
When repairing the kitchen, tenants of gasified apartments have a problem with the design of communications. At the same time, rarely look into the SNiP 42-01-2002. a regulatory act, from which you can learn about the possible and prohibited options. How to hide a gas pipe in the kitchen during renovation? Let’s break down the important points and give 100% safe examples of solutions.
Pipes and a gas water heater in the interior of the kitchen in the loft style. The choice of industrial styles is a great way to play up the type of utilities. In the photo, the pipes are painted in the color of the walls. And the rails and shelves in contrast serve as additional camouflage.
Pipes and a gas column in the interior of the loft-style kitchen. The choice of industrial styles is a great way to play up the type of utilities. In the photo, the pipes are painted in the color of the walls. And the rails and shelves in contrast serve as additional camouflage.
Hidden pipes behind the appliances, and the speaker is decorated in the color of the furniture.
Is it possible to move the gas pipe?
The placement and number of pipes can be absolutely different. It depends on the different features of the overall layout of the whole house. As for private constructions. the designs are often completely individual. For this reason, there is no single rule for “masking” pesky communications.
There are two main ways to solve the problem:
In both the first and second case, do not be guided only by the aesthetic component. It is important to remember that the gas is an explosive substance. Therefore, it is necessarily necessary to adhere to established safety rules, which can be found in the documents on building codes and regulations (SNiP) of the latest edition.
It is also not recommended to take the advice of “experienced” friends or neighbors. Also, it is strictly forbidden to cut and move elements of gas equipment on your own.
For this work you should contact a specialized service responsible for your region. After all, in order to cut the gas pipe in the kitchen and fix it in another room, you must make appropriate changes to the project planning, which only the representatives of the gas service have the authority to do.
How to hide the gas pipe in the kitchen beautifully, inconspicuously and legally
The device itself in the supporting structures is not a rearrangement or redevelopment and does not require approval. The option of hiding a gas pipe in the kitchen in a gutter, laid by a peorator, seems the most attractive. From a design point of view, it’s perfect. However, after a closer look, it turns out that this is not the best solution.
All the “cans” and “nots” we are interested in concerning gas pipelines are contained in SNiP 42-01-2002.
The document allows you to move the wiring into the wall, coating it with anti-corrosion paint and provide access to it in case of need and a constant flow of air. But here not everything is so simple.
In panel and monolithic buildings you can not punch through the entire wall, but only a part of it, where there is no reinforcement cage of mesh and metal rods, which is at a depth of 20-30 mm from the surface. If this framework is damaged, the load-bearing capacity of the wall is compromised. The thickness of the pipe is about 40 mm. The situation is aggravated by the fact that the builders sometimes laid the metal bars closer to the surface than they should have according to the standard. In the houses of the standard series fine-tuning of supporting structures is prohibited by the current decree. In the others, it is up to the authors of the project or Moszhilniyiproekt.
In brick buildings there is no reinforcing frame. over, some Stalinkas such work would not cause any damage, but to understand for yourself, how safe it all is not possible. Stalinkas are different, and some of them have long been in need of repair. Here you can not ignore the possibility of manufacturing defects. There is a high probability of finding a duct right in the wall thickness or the consequences of unapproved alterations. Only a design company can give a definitive answer after an inspection, and it is likely to be negative. In monolithic buildings the situation is the same.
Standards for the placement of a gas pipe
Before starting work connected with covering a gas pipe, one must carefully examine the most important requirements that apply to the gas piping in the kitchen (apartment).
According to the developed regulations, each tenant is required to strictly comply with all established rules. The most important are:
- Free, open access to the installed gas pipe must be ensured (regardless of its location). In the event of an emergency situation, an unexpected gas leak, gas service specialists will be able to freely inspect communications, locate the place of the leak, quickly carry out repairs. If you completely ignore this rule, the possible loss of health, and perhaps even death.
- It is strictly forbidden to cover the pipe completely (e.g., with a deaf box). If there is a leak, there will be an accumulation of gas, automatically increasing (several times) the possibility of an explosion. Therefore, any fixed, not disassembled, monolithic boxes are not suitable for this purpose.
- It is forbidden to install the gas pipeline into the holes made in the wall. Only decorative constructions can be used. They are easy to dismantle, they provide excellent ventilation. In any case, before installing, performing any technological operations, it is necessary to obtain the advice of a gas specialist.
- It is forbidden to change the location of the gas pipe (transfer to a new place). Such complicated operations can be performed only by gas service workers.
- All pipes used for gas supply must be painted. As a result, the pipes are reliably protected against corrosion and their service life is extended.
- Gas pipes must be handled with particular care. In the case of any technological operations, they should not experience additional load, it is completely excluded the occurrence of damage. Hanging over the gas pipe of any objects is strictly prohibited.
Make a box
Completely hide the gas pipe will allow a specially designed box. According to the rules, it must be removable and not interfere with air circulation, as well as not to create additional pressure on the pipe. The valves must remain freely accessible.
If you want, you can make a box of unusual shape, turning it into a small cabinet. You will need a metal profile, plasterboard and finishing material for finishing decoration.
Plumbing is much easier and more practical in the matter of masking communications. With these types of pipes you can do everything required by the homeowner. Gas is an explosive substance, so it requires compliance with certain rules and regulations. On the Internet there are a lot of pictures of how to make a beautiful kitchen interior, while respecting common sense about the gas pipes.
Relocation of the gas pipe
If the location of the gas pipes in the kitchen is inconvenient, you can make an application to the gas company to relocate them. Such issues are not solved immediately, so you will have to be patient. To do this, follow a series of steps:
- Apply to the company that holds the balance of your apartment building to relocate the gas pipes.
- Wait for craftsmen to inspect the facility. the waiting period is not regulated and depends on the number of requests. In metropolitan areas, the wait can be several months.
- Development of a project to relocate the gas work. the design is done by a special department of the gas company. The result of engineering calculations will be a drawing with a possible alternative location of the pipe. Timing here reaches a month, and again depends on the workload of employees of the design department.
- If you like the new project, and you are ready to transfer. go through the process of coordination with the heads of the gas company;
- A team of installers shut off the gas throughout the house and perform the necessary work. You have to wait about a week for an installation crew, but the work itself is done in one working day.
If you don’t like the new design, you can only disguise the gas pipe. About methods of decoration and disguise talk a little later, but in the network there are pictures of the location of the gas pipe along the refrigerator. It is simply covered with a removable box.
Remember that relocating gas pipes is expensive, and be prepared to pay the gas company on the bill.
Super Simple DIY Propane Ribbon Burner For Boilers and Forges
Installing furniture on top of the gas pipe
You can design a kitchen unit with even the most inconvenient location of the gas pipe. The most common options for combining furniture with gas pipes:
- A hinged or floor cabinet has an opening that “overhangs” the pipe, allowing you to bypass it from either side;
- furniture doors are placed directly in front of important parts of the gas system. valves, valves, meters, etc.д.;
- The unusual shape of the drawer allows you to remove it for servicing the gas pipe at any time.
Refuse to use gas
Modern electric stoves and ovens offer greater functionality and precision control. This option will allow you to cut inconvenient gas pipes. To obtain permission to do the following:
- Apply to the gas company to refuse to use the gas;
- To carry out an inspection of the communications by masters;
- To carry out the design of the reconstruction of gas communications in one apartment;
- After the agreement to wait for a team of installers to disconnect from the network and cut the gas pipes.
Remember that you may not get permission to cut the gas pipes. Even this solution will leave a gas riser in the kitchen with a pipe branching off to the side by 10 cm.
It is impossible to move the gas riser inside one apartment. Even in the whole house to change the location of this pipe is not possible, so it is better not to waste your time, money and nerves, and to do its decoration and disguise.
The owners of apartments that receive a gas pipe entrance from the street can not give up gas in the apartment.
How to Make a Gas Pipe Wall Shelf
Hide with a furniture facade
Vertical and horizontal gas pipes can be concealed inside kitchen cabinets. In the photo on the Internet there are a lot of ideas for the design of the apartment, how to hide the gas pipes in the kitchen. It is recommended to immediately provide additional false cabinets for this purpose. Although furniture companies also offer upgrades to existing sets.
In order to conceal the pipes of the gas system, there must be a sufficient degree of ventilation inside the cabinet, so a grid screen is placed in the cabinet or point holes are made in inconspicuous places. These things can not be forced with jars and other utensils.
Holes for the gas pipes are made on the back of the cabinet at the bottom and top. An important condition for modernization is quick and easy access to the communications themselves.
The most common way to hide the gas pipes in the kitchen in a hruschevka remain options masking. The most common resort to imitation rails. The method is particularly successful for horizontal pipes.
Hooks and mounts on such a “railing” are not recommended to install. Whereas it is worth painting it in the color of the main railings. choose bronze, copper, chrome. Under the gas pipe itself, a real railing is mounted, and the holders are attached to it.