Dredge water manually
The most obvious and easiest way to drain the water is to scoop it out manually from the washing machine through the drum hatch.
- You can’t drain all the water. As a result, the remaining water will have to be drained using a drain filter or an emergency hose.
- Long and uncomfortable. Especially when compared to the first method.
- Sequence of steps:
- Open the door of the washing tank. The machine with a front hatch will have to tilt towards the back wall to prevent water from spilling onto the floor. This is not required for vertical loading.
- After emptying the laundry, use a scoop or mug to scoop out the remaining liquid.
- Return the machine to its normal position. Part of the water will remain in the hose system below the tank.
Modern machines are equipped with a timed door lock and open 5 to 10 minutes after you turn it off. If the hatch is jammed, special emergency unlocking methods are used.
Drain filter prevents foreign objects from getting stuck in the pump. Drain water through the filter using this method:
- Open the hatch in the front or remove the panel.
- Tilt the body of the machine to the rear.
- Support the appliance against the wall or hold it so that a container can be placed under it.
- Turn filter counterclockwise, but not all the way down.
- Carry out the removal of water.
What to do if your washer won’t drain (Bosch Axxis models only)
How to Drain the Water Out of Your Washing Machine
Draining should be careful: with this method, there may be a lot of water on the floor.
Drain through the hatch (if it is not blocked). another option for solving the problem of how to drain the washing machine. Produced in this way:
The process is long and does not get rid of all the water.
How To Drain Water In A Washing Machine-Tutorial
Method 1: Using the drain hose
The easiest and fastest way to remove water from the washing machine.
- Disconnect the hose from the back of the appliance and, if it is connected to the drain, pull it out of there;
- Position the entire length of the hose below the level of the tank;
- Its end to drop it into a prepared container water should drain itself.
practically all the water can be removed from the drum in this way, but this method is not used in all models of washing machines. For example, in some models of Bosch and Siemens, the drain hose has a special loop inside the body of the device, the main purpose of which is to prevent unintentional drainage of water during washing. Therefore, it is not possible to remove water from the tank of these models through the drain hose.
To find out if your washing machine has this design feature, you can refer to your owner’s manual.
Drain through the hose or pump filter
These are the two best ways, both quick and easy.
The drain hose is attached to the back of the washer-dryer and leads into the drain. It is usually corrugated, gray in color.
Drain pump filter is located at the bottom of the front panel of the washing machine under the decorative hatch or panel.
- Open the decor hatch/panel. You’ll see the round filter.
- Tilt the machine back slightly, lean it against the wall.
- Place a container under the drain filter to collect water.
- Turn the filter handle counterclockwise, but do not unscrew it! The water will pour out.
The washing machine is a bulky machine. Handle the washer-dryer carefully to avoid domestic accidents!
How to drain the washing machine?
During the operation of the washing machine, there may be situations when the washing cycle is not completed and the water remains inside the machine. Before figuring out why the machine is broken, it is important to know how to drain the water. This can be done forcibly in several ways. The appliance can be emptied manually or using an emergency drain.
The last option: the drainage spigot
If the above methods did not bring results or were not available (for example, the machine does not have an emergency hose), you can use the possibility of forced pumping through the drain pipe.
You have to resort to draining through the spigot if you can not use the filter. The situation indicates that the system is clogged, so in this case you can not only get rid of water, but also eliminate the root cause of the machine failure at the same time. The plan is more complex and involves the following steps:
- Remove the back wall to gain access to the spigot (in some models it is necessary to remove the bottom). As a rule, it is located under the drum.
- They put a flat container and thoroughly stocked rags.
- The pipe is disconnected from the pump, for which remove the clamp.
- If after disconnecting the water does not spurt, then there is a clog, which must be carefully removed with your fingers.
The disadvantage of the method is the complexity of implementation for most housewives. But it allows you to completely get rid of water and possibly fix the failure.
Why does the washing machine takes in water and immediately drains, how to fix the problem??
Proper washing in a washing machine is possible only when the water flows into the tank in full. Insufficient amount of water interrupts the operation process or causes a breakdown of the household appliance, in which the rinse and spin modes do not turn on. However, it also happens that the machine draws water and immediately drains it. The material of this article will tell the reader about the causes of the malfunction and how to solve it.
The third way is through the pump filter
The water is drained by the pump filter as follows. Remove the decorative panel. In the case where there is a hatch, you need to take a flat screwdriver and pick up the edge of the hatch.
Note that the filter is located under the narrow decorative panel. And so the first thing to determine how to dismantle it.
If the fastening is on the locking hooks, you need to use a screwdriver to set them vertically, and then remove the panel. If the fastener is on the latches, you need to open the upper part, and then disconnect the latches in the lower part. If the panel is attached by latches and screws, then it is pushed aside and detached.
Then the washing machine is slightly tilted backwards. Prepared in advance, a container is placed under the pump filter. Turn filter handle counterclockwise. Water goes away. And it remains only to screw in the filter, release the container. This procedure should be carried out until the water is completely drained.
Calling a master: the price of the issue
If you can not fix the breakdown on your own, it makes sense to call a specialist from a company to repair washing machines.
- opening the hatch without repair. from 1 300;
- installation of a new drain hose. from 1 600;
- Cleaning the drain filter. from 1 300;
- replacement of the drain pump. 2 100;
- Pressostat replacement. from 2 100
- Replacement of the pipe. from 2 000;
- Control unit replacement. from 2,600 and t.д.
After the repair the washing machine is tested, and the master gives a guarantee for the work performed.