Installation of the Mayevsky valve
Do not be intimidated by the fact that the Mayevsky tap is a difficult system, which is difficult to install and expensive. Absolutely not, the valve is just two parts: the body and the conical screw.
Filling and aeration of underfloor heating
The purpose of the valve. the output of air to the outside, the guarantee of good work of the towel dryer.
The principle of operation of the device: when the valve is open, the air from the structure enters the body, where it is removed through the side opening; when the screw is closed, neither air nor liquid can escape from the pipeline.
Choosing a faucet Maevsky, look at the diameter of the outer thread, it must meet the size of your pipes, which are used in the heating system.
It all depends on the system, the Mevsky valve can be opened and closed either by hand or with a specialized wrench, screwdriver.
When you install the faucet, take care that the hole was below the faucet. In this version, the water will go straight into the container, not onto the walls of the bathtub. And the tap itself should be installed on top of the towel dryer, so it was easier to evacuate air.
The reviews of many buyers advise to use the services of a master when installing a faucet Maevsky. It is very easy to remove the air, but the installation must be done by a master.
Air in the towel rail is not a difficulty, it is rather a single mishap in a couple of years. You can solve the problem without problems and easily, which will take no more than one day.
If you follow our tips, act carefully and take your time, then you will manage the task very easily, and your towels will be dry and warm again.
You have read the post. Air in the towel rail: How to remove air locks?
Why do you have to deflate?
The formation of voids reduces the efficiency of the heating system. Pumping equipment, as well as other components, works less efficiently. resources have to be spent to ensure a comfortable room temperature for the user.
With the increase of such voids gradually the pressure drops. When the minimum limit is reached, a corresponding signal is sent to the boiler control unit. In addition to electronic devices, mechanical means are used for a similar purpose. This is an emergency situation, so the automatics turns off the gas or other fuel.
how to bleed heating system (remove air)
For the next start-up, you have to manually raise the pressure. But in fresh water there are a lot of gaseous inclusions, so the negative processes are accelerated. The equipment will be turned off more often.
It is dangerous to leave it in this state without constant supervision. If the air is not removed while the original cause is corrected, the technique will lose all functionality.
Remember that oxidation that destroys metals occurs in the presence of water and oxygen. Adding a new coolant will activate the corresponding negative processes. This mode of operation reduces the longevity of heating equipment.
It is necessary to exclude the appearance of air “plugs” in the nodes of heat exchange of boilers. These parts are exposed to very high temperatures.
In case of insufficiently even heating the heat exchanger will be damaged without possibility of repair
The above reasons are enough to understand the need for preventive measures. Their implementation will prevent complex breakdowns and costs associated with repair work.
Formation of air masses in the underfloor heating system
How to bleed air accumulating in the system will depend on the case that led to this result.
Some circumstances require early intervention, while others are not capable of causing much damage to the system.
If the floor heating has been installed with significant drops, it is worth to get an extra pump to pump the coolant.
It is recommended to install multiple automatic air vents, which will help drain the air masses from the system. One should be installed on the return pipes, while the other should be installed on the supply pipe.
Starting the circulation pump will also help to expel excess air. The more air accumulated, the louder the circulating pump will work. It is worth paying attention to the fact that the pumping of the system should be made at maximum speed. This saves time and allows you to completely evacuate the air from the system. If it has been pumped recently, but the air has already collected again, the problem may be in the pump itself.
When a comb is installed, each circuit is shut off in turn, with each circuit having an open air vent. It is necessary to bleed air gradually, that is why after the cleaning of the first circuit the next one is opened. Draining is performed in stages and only one circuit should be open at the moment of bleeding.
If this procedure did not give the expected result, the next bleeding should not be carried out earlier than a few days.
To properly clean the system, a person must understand the structure of the comb and understand the principle of its operation. If the necessary knowledge is not available, professional help should be sought. For more information on bleeding, see this
Recently, separators have become increasingly popular, whose function is to automatically remove air bubbles from the system, which greatly simplifies the further operation of the entire system.
How to bleed the air from the underfloor heating
There can be several reasons for the air out of the underfloor heating:
- First, it is the improper installation of underfloor heating. If there are big differences in the level of the installed pipes.
- When air enters a closed heating system.
- If the water is drained and pumped back into the heating system. The presence of air in this case, will certainly lead to leaking underfloor heating. You just need to wait until the air itself leaves the coolant through automatic defroster.
Underfloor heating air leakage
Considering all of the above cases of blowing air in the underfloor heating, it should be said that in different circumstances, the question of how to expel the air from the underfloor heating, is solved differently. If, for example, warm floor pipes have been laid with significant differences in level, there is nothing left to do but use a pump to pump the coolant in them or a compressor.
It is also possible to deflate the air from the underfloor heating by installing automatic deflators, which should stand on both the supply and return lines of the underfloor heating.
You can also try to expel the air from the floor heating by running the circulation pump to do this with the unscrewed screw on its body. At clogging of a warm floor, the circulating pump will strongly noise that means there is a large accumulation of air in it.
When bleeding the floor heating system it is also recommended to set the speed of the circulation pump to the highest setting. In this case, the air in the underfloor heating pipes will escape much faster.
If a floor heating manifold is installed, each circuit of the floor heating should be blocked in turn, leaving only one for deflating. If the first circuit of the floor heating is deflated in this way, proceed to bleed the second circuit, etc. д., until the floor heating has been completely vented.
If after the above procedure for bleeding the floor heating system, the noise in the circulation pump has not completely disappeared, then the deflating of the floor heating should be repeated after one or two days.
To solve the question of how to expel the air from the floor heating independently and without involving professionals, you should understand the device comb for floor heating, the possibility of its circuit overlapping and much more. Therefore, if you are not skilled in this, it is best to call in the help of people knowledgeable in heating.
The accumulation of air in the heating system prevents its proper functioning. If you do not remove it in time, performance deteriorates. In such conditions, the probability of failure of expensive equipment increases. To avoid unnecessary risks and unnecessary costs, you need to know how to pump the floor heating yourself. The technique is simple enough, so in most cases, no recourse to the specialized professionals.
Checking and troubleshooting should be done before the regular heating season
How problems appear
In the parts of the system that are connected to the radiators, problems can be detected quickly. They are located indoors, so when the air passes through, noises can be heard. Feel the reduced temperature of some parts of the batteries, where the gas “plugs” are formed.
But the piping, hidden in the depths of the concrete screed, is well insulated. If the cabinet with the manifold comb and pump is installed away from the living rooms, extraneous noises will not be heard. Faults are identified by a significant difference in heating in different circuits.
The following list of causes that contribute to air infiltration into the heating medium:
- Replacement of taps, other elements of the system;
- Faulty condition of automatic devices, which are designed to remove air from the system;
- Laying of the pipeline route with large differences in height;
- Significant changes in pressure levels during operation. At a low head, voids in the upper points are possible;
- Excessive heating of the coolant, accompanied by emission of gases. Similar negative processes can cause some types of chemical compounds;
- The process of filling the system after the summer period was done too quickly, so not all the air was removed;
- Leaky joints during the installation of the system or later. In the worst case. the leaks were formed inside the concrete screed. For this reason, after the installation of underfloor heating perform a thorough check with increased pressure.
Why does air appear in the system??
Before pumping the underfloor heating make sure that the heating equipment is correctly installed and that the process regulations are followed. For example, a loop that is blocked with air causes:
- High temperature of the heating medium;
- Pressure fluctuations in any circuit;
- Leaky joints;. The joints are leaking;
- Improper installation of the manifold, the lack of automated valves to relieve pressure;
- A floor that has not been previously leveled, improperly sloped pipes;
- No air pumping before starting the system.
How to remove air from the warm water floor yourself
Use the given algorithm, and you will not have a question how to pump the water underfloor heating.
- Set the pump to its minimum capacity.
- All circuits close, one remains open.
- If using a Mayevsky cock to bleed air, it must be turned counter-clockwise with a screwdriver or special wrench. The air mass will come out with a characteristic sound. Wait until the process is complete and turn the faucet back in. Do this procedure for each circuit.
- If you start the system at high speed, there will be a lot of bubbles inside. How to bleed air from the underfloor heating in this case? Turn off the pump completely. The heat carrier will stop moving, the bubbles will rise up to the collector. After a few minutes open the Mayevsky valve and bleed. After that turn on the pump at low speed, run the system, turn off the pump, wait and open the tap again. It is necessary to repeat this operation several times in each circuit until the plugs are completely cleared.
The installation of automatic air vents simplifies the process, because to deflate the air from the warm water floor in this case is easy. Air bubbles are removed by opening the valve on the air vent. There is no need to close it, because the excess air is removed automatically during the operation.
Besides automatic air vent valves to remove air bubbles separators are used. They also work automatically, undemanding in service and maintenance.
Filling And Venting Your UFH Manifold
We have considered how to remove air from the floor heating with your own hands. The process will not cause inconvenience if you do everything consistently, correctly and regularly. If you have any difficulties call us on the phone number or leave a written request on our site.
Failure or normal operation of the heating system occurs due to the accumulation of air bubbles.
In this regard, the question of how to expel air from the warm water floor and improve the performance is quite popular in the arrangement of heating.
Such equipment costs a lot of money, and in order to eliminate the possible costs, you need to pump the floor heating yourself. This kind of technology does not require special skills, so it can be done by yourself.
How to bleed air from the underfloor heating?
Recently, there are special separators. The function of the separator is to automatically remove air masses from the system.
The air is removed automatically by the separator, which increases the comfort of the operation of underfloor heating.
Mom would not advise bad
The scheme of movement of warm air when heating with a wall radiatorThe scheme of movement of warm air when heating with underfloor heating
Underfloor heating as a heating device
underfloor heating underfloor heating underfloor heating underfloor heating underfloor heating underfloor heating in a studio apartment before renovation
- First, the heating system in this house was not centralized: each apartment had an individual gas boiler, which provides heating and hot water. Underfloor heating was possible and did not require approval.
- Secondly, the peculiarity of this apartment was that it was in the attic. A sloping ceiling further increased the effect of gathering warm air in the upper part of the room. When heated near the radiator mounted under the sloping ceiling, where the height of the wall was only 1500 mm, the warm air quickly rose through the sloping surface to the top, where the wall was already 4.5 meters high. As a result it was cold underneath and the radiator was too hot to touch.
- Third, the entire floor of the first level in this apartment was supposed to be covered with stone tiles, so the floor heating was very relevant.
Apartment after repair: the radiator heating replaced warm floorsradiator heating boilerradiatorinterior
Causes of air s
As a preventive measure, it is recommended to remove air s before starting the heating system. Bubbles accumulate, usually at the highest points of the system, which are the distribution headers. Removing air s from them is not very difficult.
For the success of the operation it is necessary to show patience, sometimes up to several days, especially in the case of air penetration into the pipes of the circuits, and therefore conduct deflating at least a week. four days before the planned start of the warm floor. It is recommended and at the end of the system, before shutting it down for the summer period, to put it on minimum mode for a few days, after which to deflate.
In order to know how to expel air from a warm water floor, it is necessary to consider the common causes of its penetration into the system.
Penetration can be caused by a number of factors, among which the most common are the following:
- a sharp drop in pressure in a particular heating circuit or too high heating of the coolant;
- technological reasons consisting in a decrease in the degree of tightness of joints and the formation of leaks, which in turn leads to the formation of air s; this can be a violation of the technology of installation of a warm water floor (slope in the location of pipes, uneven surface on which pipes are laid, errors in assembling the collector, the lack of valves for automatic pressure relief on the distribution collector
- The first start of heating, made without pre-pumping.
Before you deflate a warm water floor at the first start of the system, the coolant should not be heated, because this situation will leak out into the formation of many small bubbles with the spread throughout the system.
How to drain the water from the circuits
The peculiarity is that it does not have a bottom point and there is no tap there either when it is laid correctly. Therefore, to drain the system will have to use a compressor. This is connected to the inlet (supply) collector (do not confuse, namely to the inlet). If you have a factory-assembled collector node, it has special devices to prevent the return of the coolant. And if you connect the compressor to the collector “return”, the coolant will not drain, but you can damage the unit.
So, on a giving collector, on a special valve for flooding remove air vent, and, having screwed in its place the adapter, connect the exit of the compressor. On the return collector, connect a hose to the drain valve, which is led into a bucket or into the sewer.
How do the elements of the manifold look like that you will need to manipulate when draining / pouring coolant?
Leave the shut-off valves of only one loop of the underfloor heating open. You turn on the compressor, the water begins to come out under pressure (hold the drain hose). You leave the compressor turned on until the air-fluid particles. Then turn it off, close the valves of the drained circuit, open the stop valve of the next circuit and turn on the compressor again. So, by opening the shutoff valve, you drain the water from all the circuits, one by one.
Since the length of the circuits can be significant, then a significant amount of liquid remains on the walls. It needs to be drained again. So after a few hours repeat the procedure. Only then you can say that the underfloor heating fluid has been completely drained.
In advance it is necessary to take into account the details, which are characterized by a certain equipment. Thus, in some situations for the circulation of the coolant in all circuits use the built-in pump of the boiler. For a large facility, its capacity may not be sufficient, so a separate power unit will be needed.
When using radiator heating create routes with a minimum number of turns, without sharp corners. By adding slopes towards the boiler, the natural circulation, due to the force of gravity, can be ensured.
Install long pipelines with many bends in the floor heating
Pumping water through such a system is more difficult. Here use exclusively forced methods. In case of errors in the calculations of the power of a separate pump will not be enough for the distant circuits. In this case, their poor heating can not be eliminated by removing air s. Modernization of the system will be needed.
The regulators must be set correctly in advance comb. In addition to mechanical flow meters install valves with electric motors. These devices change the speed of heat transfer fluid, taking into account the readings of temperature sensors.
Automated regulation system