Peculiarities of cleaning for different types of kettles
When cleaning the heating devices, it is necessary to observe a certain periodicity. It is related not only to the quality of water and frequency of use, but also to the material from which the kettle body is made:
Electric kettle. The peculiarity of cleaning is related to the type of heating element. If the device has an open-type coil, you need to clean it more often.
The plate, to which the electric contacts are connected, is considered more hygienic, easier to maintain (easy to clean off limescale and dirt), fast boiling speed. The cost of devices with disk heaters is higher than devices with open heating elements, but the price is justified.
Usually these models work on a stand (base) with the ability to rotate 360 degrees. It is convenient and practical. For comparison: models with an open coil can often be placed on the base only in a strictly defined position.
Any of the methods outlined in the section above are appropriate for descaling. Cleaning solutions do not come into contact with the contacts, do not damage the heater.
The Easiest Way to Clean Your Kettle
Washing all types of electric kettles in the dishwasher is prohibited!
How to descale the kettle using home methods
Before using home descaling methods, consider all the available options and choose the most effective method.
Lime Acid Remover
Choose for any electric kettle or non-electric stainless steel.
Use a sequence of actions:
- Drain the remaining water and rinse the kettle with regular water to remove any fine grains of sand.
- Put 1 liter of water and 2 teaspoons of citric acid crystals in it.
- Bring the solution to a boil and let it stand for 1-2 hours.
- Drain the citric acid solution, rinse, and then boil clean water in the kettle 1-2 times.
If the plaque is not heavy, reduce the amount of citric acid to 1 teaspoon per liter.
- Add 1 liter of water and 1.5 two-hundred-gram cups of 9% vinegar to a clean kettle. The solution can be made from 500 ml of water and 2 tablespoons of 80% vinegar essence.
- Boil the liquid for 15-25 minutes.
- Allow it to penetrate the scale and cool for 2 hours.
- Drain liquid, rinse.
- Clean the scale which has not flaked off the walls with a scraper.
- Boil the kettle with clean water, drain, let it dry.
How to clean the kettle from limescale? | Descale kettle | How to remove limescale from kettle?
If you did not get rid of the scale effectively the first time, repeat the cleaning.
Vinegar removes heavy scaling of non-electric stainless steel kettle.
To protect yourself from the pungent vinegar odor, perform the procedure outdoors or with the windows open.
Cleaning with soda
- Pour 1 liter of water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda into the kettle.
- Boil it for 30 minutes.
- Allow the baking soda to penetrate the limescale for 2 hours.
- Drain solution, rinse with fresh water.
- Boil fresh water, drain, dry.
Do not use for plastic, ceramic or glass electric kettles.
Remove limescale with Coca-Cola
- Buy 1.5-2 liters of Coca Cola, open the lid over night to let the carbon dioxide bubbles escape.
- Pour the drink into the kettle.
- Bring liquid to a boil over low heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Let the kettle stand for 10-15 minutes to allow the acids of the beverage to penetrate the scale.
- Free it from liquor and scale, rinse.
- Boil fresh water in it, drain.
Use any carbonated drink for descaling, including Pepsi, Fanta, Sprite.
Drinking beverage is capable of eliminating heavy buildup in enameled and stainless non-electric kettles.
Use a colorless drink to keep the food coloring from penetrating the enamel.
Clean with pickle and tomato brine
If there is 1-1,5 liters of brine left in a 3-liter jar, use it against the scale.
- Pour the clean brine, without spices and spices into an empty kettle.
- Bring the brine to the boil for 3-5 minutes and leave it to cool.
- When the citric and acetic acids of the brine work on the scale, drain the contents.
- Rinse kettle and boil with clean water, drain.
This method is ineffective if the scale is already advanced.
Use baking soda, citric acid, and vinegar, one at a time
Use the method for the walls of an ordinary stainless steel kettle in especially neglected cases, following this sequence:
- Fill with 1 liter of clean water, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda, boil and drain.
- Pour clean water again, add 1 tablespoon of citric acid, boil the solution over low heat for 30 minutes, drain.
- Add 100 ml of vinegar to 1 liter of clear water, boil for half an hour and pour off.
- Use a brush to remove limescale that has come off the walls.
- Pour clean water 2-3 times, bring to a boil and drain.
Do not use this harsh method for electric kettles to avoid breaking them.
Rescue potato peelings
Harmless, ancient “grandmother’s” method should be used in the presence of a weak scum on the walls.
- Fill the kettle with washed potato peels to a level above the scale.
- Add clean water so that it barely covers the potato peels.
- Bring the water to the boil and leave it to stand without boiling for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the water, remove the skins, rinse the dish with clean water.
Use this method for any kind of kettle.
How to clean the electric kettle from scale correctly
The water contains dissolved calcium, magnesium salts and other substances. When heated, chemical processes are initiated, due to which the above-mentioned components gradually precipitate. The latter form a layer of sediment, better known as limescale. This means that it is impossible to avoid the appearance of such a sediment.
In the electric kettle sediment is formed first on the heating element (heating element), and then on the bottom and walls. The intensity of scale formation depends on the hardness of water: the higher this indicator, the faster the sediment appears.
Despite the fact that the appearance of scaling is a natural process, such deposits must be removed in a timely manner. If you do not remove the scale, then:
- accelerate the wear of the heating element and the electric kettle;
- Increases energy consumption;
- The kettle will become noisy during operation;
- The water will have an unpleasant taste.
In addition, the deposits will eventually penetrate the water, the consumption of which can lead to the development of urolithiasis and other pathologies.
How to remove scale in the kettle: 7 methods for conventional and electric appliances
Scaling is a natural phenomenon from which no kettle is immune. In this case the surface does not look very aesthetically pleasing. And medics say that neglecting cleaning is not safe for health. Because hardened limescale can provide a breeding ground for bacteria. Therefore, the owners of enameled and glassware from time to time acutely asks the question: how to clean the kettle from scale at home?
How To Remove Limescale From A Kettle With Lemon | Simple & Cheap Way To Descale Your Kettle
A model hostess kettle always strikes with its shine and cleanliness, and tea or coffee has a great taste. Because it is the crystal clear glassware you drink from, not the mixture of boiling water and lime scale. You want to put the kettle in order, but you don’t want to be a Cinderella, who cleans dishes from morning till night? No Problem.
Causes and types of scale
The signal that in the kettle “settled” scale is the appearance of lime deposits on the inner walls of the appliance. In electric kettles whitish, brown encrustations coat the heating elements, reducing heating efficiency.
The formation of plaque or sediment when heated or boiled is related to the quality of water, the presence of hardness salts in it. They enter water from artesian wells, groundwater, changing its composition.
The descaling chain in the pots is simple: at first the high temperatures cause the hardness salts to decompose, from which solid carbonates form They crystallize, precipitate and concentrate on the walls and elements inside the appliances. In addition to the solid plaque (scale), sludge. sediment in a suspended state (flakes) often occurs in water.
Types of scale depend on the percentage of compounds:
- Carbonate water (consists mainly of calcium and magnesium salts). It is present in kitchen kettles;
- silicate (with a predominance of silicic acid);
- sulfate (high concentration of gypsum).
Hard water (pH above 7) contains calcium carbonate which causes the formation of limescale.
Special products against limescale
Limescale can be removed with special liquids, powders or tablets.
Here are some examples of effective remedies:
- Filtero Chemikal descaling tablets. Helps remove even stale petrified plaque. Fill the kettle with water to three quarters of its volume, boil it, throw one tablet inside and wait for 20 minutes. Then pour out the water and rinse the kettle thoroughly with running water. If the layer of scale is very thick, you can use two tablets;
- Saeco decalcifying liquid solution. Pour the solution in the proportion of 50 ml per 1 liter of water, and boil for 5 minutes. Wait about half an hour, and rinse the appliance from the inside;
- Use a scaling powder called Antikalipin. Fill the kettle halfway with water, pour out half the contents of the sachet, and boil. Wait half an hour and rinse the kettle. Repeat the descaling process if some of it remains.
Use special products as plaque builds up.
Warning ! Make sure you tell the family that you are cleaning. Water in which the cleaning agents are diluted, in no case is suitable for drinking.
Preventing the formation of lime deposits
To ensure that the stainless steel is not covered with a thick layer of lime scale, it is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Do not leave water inside;
- Use soft filtered or bottled water for the kettle;
- Clean the inside of the appliance regularly with baking soda and a sponge
- at least once a month to carry out preventive treatment, for this purpose use “light” means, such as potato peelings.
Effective ways to remove limescale in the kettle with citric acid
Limescale is formed in any kettle. electric and ordinary. It accumulates on the walls in a thick layer, which makes the appliance cope less well with its main function.
Water from such a container cannot be considered clean. You can solve the problem with inexpensive household remedies.
About how to remove limescale in the kettle with citric acid using folk recipes, how to remove lime deposits with household chemicals, read in the article.