How to clean the washing machine from mold with folk remedies
In the fight against fungus very well citric and acetic acid, as well as baking soda. Vinegar can be slightly diluted and dabbed on problem areas, and rinse off after half an hour. Citric acid or baking soda is poured into the drum, and then a cycle of washing “idle”, without laundry. But first things first.
How to easily get rid of odor and mold in the washing machine?
Unpleasant odors and soiling in the form of black spots or dots are probably the most common problems with modern automatic washing machines. Not knowing how to cope with the problem, hostesses often bring the condition of the machine to critical, when it has to be either seriously repaired or replaced at all. But there are many proven ways to quickly get rid of odor and mold in the washing machine.
Where most often the bacteria settle in the machine
Mold can settle anywhere, but there are certain places it gets particularly cozy. That’s where it starts. List of bacteria preferences:
- Gumming around the door.
- At the bottom there is not much water, so there are the most favorable conditions.
- Heating elements in case there is mold.
- The hose connecting the tank to the sewer and its filter.
- The powder compartment and around it.
To clean the washing machine from mold and mildew, you must first carefully check all the places. Use bleach to wash it all down, then rinse out any leftovers, limescale, and buildup.
Combat mold: ways and means
Chlorine and heat can help remove the mold and protect the washer-dryer. Cleaning Sequence:
How to remove Mold/Mildew from A Washing Machine Seal/Rubber/Gasket-LINK for PT2 Pinned in Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
- Pour 1 liter of “Belize” into the powder tray. Set the machine to “heavy soiling” and the maximum temperature.
- After 2-2,5 hours, when the water in the washing machine is heated to 90 degrees, put the program controller on pause for 1-2 hours. This will help to radically clean the tank.
- Continue washing.
- Pour 1 liter of 9% vinegar into the detergent container, start the rinse.
- After cleaning, dry the machine by leaving the door wide open for several days.
This method of cleaning leaves no chance for fungus colonies to survive. Do not use more than once every six months. After cleaning it is necessary to thoroughly dry the washing machine, leaving the door open for 2-3 days.
Getting rid of mold helps citric acid. It is gentler than chlorine, but can also remove limescale from the heating element of the washing machine. 400 grams of acid is enough for cleaning. Washing cycle without laundry runs at 60-90 degrees. Instead of citric acid, you can clean with vinegar, just 1 liter per wash. Prophylactic antifungal cleaning is performed 3-4 times a year.
What products can be used??
Let’s briefly summarize what remedies can be used to clean the washing machine from mold:
MOLDY WASHER MACHINE! EXTREME CLEANING | it’s Cristal Cotrell
- Chlorine-containing substances: Domestos, Belizna;
- Alkaline compositions: soda, lye;
- acidic substances (not too aggressive): vinegar, citric acid; ;
- To clean the drain hose: compounds for sewer cleaning (Tiret, Mole and others);
- auxiliary substances (do not kill mold, so they are used in conjunction with the above listed to clean surfaces): dish detergent, laundry detergent, etc.д.
There will be no more mold: three money-saving remedies for fungus on the washing machine gum
To clean the mold on the washing machine rubber band is not as easy as it seems: conventional cleaning products do not cope with fungal plaque. But do not rush to run to the store for expensive sprays and liquids “special purpose”, because you can make them at home, spending 10 or even 20 times less money.
Causes of mold and mildew
There are two groups of factors in the presence of which fungal deposits form. The first is related to the fact that the wrong room is chosen for the machine.
Problems appear if at least one of the following parameters is present:
In addition, some of the problems are associated with improper use of the device:
- Lack of a special bleach that prevents the development of harmful microorganisms.
- Washing in fast mode with a temperature not exceeding 60 degrees. In such conditions, fungus, mold spores easily survive.
- The appliance is not properly connected to the sewer, which leads to the accumulation of large amounts of waste.
- Failure to follow the rules for regular descaling.
Ways to clean mold from your washing machine
With the appearance of a washing machine in the house, the owners significantly reduced the number of worries about cleaning clothes. But one day, when you open the door to load the laundry, you smell a strange damp smell. On detailed inspection, most likely, mold will be found on the rubber seal. And washed clothes permeated with a strange mustiness. Especially if you do not have a special basket for storing things before washing, and dump everything into the washing drum.
How to Remove Mold on Washing Machine Rubber Gasket | Baking Soda, Vinegar, Peroxide, Bleach
Mold in the washing machine not only affects the appearance and condition of the appliances, but also has a harmful effect on human health.
What to do if there’s mold in the washing machine: remedies
In the washing machine mold appears quite often, and even in clean and tidy owners. This is promoted by the specifics of the work of this device: inside is often maintained humidity, there is no air circulation, there is also no direct sunlight. To get rid of such a problem is not as easy as it may seem, but it is necessary to fight it.
Cleaning is necessary if only because otherwise all washed clothes will be affected by mold spores. This creates not only an unpleasant odor from clothing: the spores will spread throughout the apartment (not to mention the damage to the health of the person wearing it as well).