Features of fastening the water heater and options how to hang on the wall
Water heaters can be of different sizes and dimensions, so you need to consider the design features before you start hanging the structure on the wall. Accumulatory devices may also differ in weight. Large size is not an indicator yet. For example, Ariston’s boiler has compact visual characteristics, but always have an impressive weight.
Therefore, you need to divide the boilers by type, in the end it turns out:
- A gas water heater, which is always connected to a highway or cylinder. Popular option, but not very practical because of their requirements. The main thing is the presence of a chimney that can go beyond the house.
- Electric water heater that can work from a home power grid. Often it is installed in apartments because of this advantage. The chimney is not required, because there are no combustion products, which is another plus.
- Heaters with indirect heating. Always equipped with heat exchangers that need to be connected directly to their heating system.
What is common between all these models? There is one detail. Accumulative capacity. She looks like a tank, but in weight significantly exceeds this item. When it is filled with water, it becomes really unbearable. Therefore, the dimensions of the tank are an important nuance before attaching the structure to the wall. It is necessary to take into account dimensions, weight, visual characteristics and capacity features.
There are a large number of questions about the mounting elements, but you should not worry. Any model, any brand, is immediately sold with them in the kit. If the device is a half.View, then it is very easy to install. If wallow, many problems arise. You need a strong wall that can withstand weight. If you hang a heavy boiler on a very thin wall, it may simply not withstand.
Each wall.Up boiler has a feature. It is equipped in advance with special mounting eyes. This is done so that the device is installed correctly. In the kit you can find special steel hooks. Sometimes they are not, you have to buy the missing part on the market. The main feature is the diameter of the hole in the eye should correspond to the diameter of the hook itself.
A special hook and a hole for its fastening
When a boiler lies in the living room, and the wall for installation has already been selected, you need to understand a little in the design itself. Even a person can do this without experience, you do not need to be a professional installer of water heaters. Despite the differences in size and design, most boilers look almost the same. So, you need to deal with the options for fasteners:
- The first is more difficult, but also reliable. You need to purchase several dowels that are driven into the walls using a special construction pistol. The main difficulty is that not everyone has the necessary tools. It will have to be borrowed, buy a construction gun for the sake of one process is stupid, because it costs a lot.
- The second option is not so strong, but much easier. You need to purchase dowels, but with plastic tips. We drill several holes of the required diameter, insert a dowel there and screw the steel hooks. Simple and reliable.
Remember that these options are suitable only for strong walls. If in the house of foam blocks, then you need to take into account their fortress and condition. Any loose material and design can break off. For example, frame houses often do not have cladding of internal walls, the owners leave a tree. Wood cannot withstand large loads, so you need to think about similar fastening options.
Connection of the water heater to the water supply network.
Additional water heater: Which company is better?
Conditionally, the connection diagrams can be divided into two types:
- If the boiler is used as the only (main) source of hot water, the connection is carried out according to the following scheme. The main mandatory elements are: locking valves that are installed at the junction to the riser and directly at the connected tank on the cold and hot lines. The latest deductions to carry out work on the repair of the heater, without disconnecting other water consumers. The use of a check valve is mandatory, which prevents the drain of water from the device in case of its absence in the supply system. It is also necessary to provide for the installation of the drain valve, it is necessary to free the water heater from the liquid when dismantling.
- If the accumulative water heater is used as a reserve (in the presence of a centralized water supply system), the connection is characterized by the presence of a biased valve installed on the hot water line. This valve will help to switch the water supply depending on its presence in the main system, and will prevent the analysis of water from your drive by other users.
Where to hang the boiler
Perfect room. Technical room or garage. What we will lie about, although the modern boiler can now be built into the design of the entire room, it is just large and better when it is hidden. Modern boilers are very quiet, but at the same time make a light sound, therefore, if you are annoyed by the completely inconspicuous ticking of the alarm clock and you can hear the grass grow, place the boiler as far as possible from the bedroom or sofa in the living room. Preferably in a technical room, if possible.
However, before considering specific premises how to hang a water heater, it is necessary to analyze the types of individual boilers.
According to the main section, stationary boilers and suspended can be distinguished:
- Stationary- characteristic of large houses or even houses, where there are more residential units. This type of boiler requires a large number of space, so it is better to place it in special rooms. For example, in the boiler room.
- Wall boiler. This is what most households have. The suspension boiler is less demanding on the area, so if you have a smaller apartment and you do not have the opportunity to place a boiler in a technical room, you can easily hang it, for example, in the corridor, so that you can interfere as little as possible. As far as it’s possible.
Connection to communications
Connecting to a common water supply network is carried out according to the following algorithm:
How to Install a Gas Clothes Dryer | Ask This Old House
- On the blue pipe of the boiler (designed to connect a hose with cold water) is wound up a bag, which is lubricated by unipak.
- A tee is wound on a pipe, from the side of which a drain valve is then installed.
- A shooting valve is wound on the lower part of the tee with an arrow.
- Below is installed a cutting crane and a threaded adapter.
- The second part of the hose is connected to a pipe with cold water.
After that, a cutting crane and an adapter, to which the hose is connected, is wound on a red pipe. The latter then connects to the water supply.
Fixing the boiler with capacity and 100 liters
An empty boiler without water has a certain mass, for example, a 50-liter water heater weighs on average 17-20 kilograms, and a heater per 100 liters has a lot of about 25 kilograms or more.
When filling with water, the mass of the boiler by 50 and 100 liters increases by 50 and 100 kilograms, respectively. Depending on the mass, as well as on the material from which the wall is made, fasteners are selected.
When buying any water heater, you will find that fasteners are delivered along with the water heater.
These fasteners are designed by the manufacturer for a mass of water filled with water. Each boiler on the back has special eyes to install the device.
The kit contains steel hooks on which the unit will hang, but if they are not, you need to purchase it yourself. In thickness, these fasteners should be slightly smaller than the diameter of the mounting holes on the boiler.
Experts say that those fasteners that are supplied with a heater for 50 or 100 liters are suitable for fixing the water heater on a strong brick or concrete wall.
But if the walls are weak, made of any loose material, then you will have to make either through holes in the wall, or build a solid metal structure on which the heater will be hanged.
For 50 liters boilers, spiral nylon dowels are usually suitable, and to fix a heavy water heater per 100 liters, steel fasteners will be required.
For example, you can fix with several steel dowels of suitable length the fastener on which the unit will be installed or adhesive chemical anchors can be used.
Recommendations for choosing a place
The choice of place for mounting, as well as the installation of a boiler, depends on the type of purchased water heater. This device can be the following types:
- Indirect heating. A device of this type is floor or wall. From other water heaters, this boiler is in the absence of a built.In heating element.
- Gas. As the name implies, the device is connected to the common gas network. This heater is recommended to be installed with the involvement of third.Party specialists.
- Electric. The most common type of boilers. Tenas in such heaters work only if the device is connected to the mains.
When choosing a place for installation, it is important to consider the dimensions of the boiler. For small rooms, it is recommended to purchase compact heaters
When choosing a place of fastening, it is no less important to consider the location of communications (water, electricity), wall strength and a number of other parameters
When choosing a place for installation, you need to take into account the length of the cable, through which the heater is connected to the mains. If the gas column is mounted, the latter should be located in the immediate vicinity of the ventilation mine. It is also not recommended to fix the boiler at a considerable distance from the pipe with cold water.
Boilers are not recommended to be attached in places with high humidity. In particular, it is forbidden to install heaters above the bathroom, as spray from water can get to the wiring and cause a short circuit. The level of humidity, at which the boiler remains efficient, is indicated in the instructions.
The strength of the wall
This parameter directly affects the service life of the water heater. When choosing a place for attaching the device, it should be borne in mind that the wall should withstand the weight of not only the boiler, but also water.
The choice of fasteners and installation instructions
The order of work and the used walls for walls from various materials depend on the mass of the water heater in a filled state and the bearing capacity of the wall.
Walls from cellular concrete
In terms of their strength characteristics, the walls of cellular concrete are similar. Materials:
Products are able to withstand large transverse loads. You can hang a large cargo on the screwed fasteners. At the same time, the materials are poorly kept with an effort to break out.
The following types of fasteners are recommended:
- Nylon dowels for foam concrete with a diameter of 12 mm and 8 mm screws for boilers for 30-50 liters;
- Persistent anchors with a diameter of 10 mm and a length of 120 mm for water heaters up to 80 liters.;
- Spacer metal anchors;
- Chemical anchors for blocks with internal cavities;
- Hondlery of threaded studs; (or so)
- Through fastening with bolts, when the nut is on the opposite side of the wall, often used for thin partitions, about 10-12 cm thick.
Typically, on the back there are brackets designed for hanging on hooks or brackets, which are tightly attached to the wall.
Installation of hooks or brackets on nylon dowels with blades are carried out in the following sequence:
- Drill a hole in the wall. The diameter should coincide with the mark on the dowel, it is equal to the diameter of the rod, and the depth must exactly coincide with the length.
- They clog the fasteners into the wall, while the blades should crash into foam concrete (aerated concrete products).
- They screw hooks. Brackets are screwed with plumbing self.Tapping screws or anchor bolts. To increase the strength for a dowel with a diameter of 7 mm, you can take fasteners with a 8 mm rod thickness. This will enhance the structure.
In doubt about the strength of installation on the non.Capital wall, it is recommended to mount a corner or bar on the lower edge of the boiler, on which he could rely.
How the chemical anchor is mounted:
- Drill a hole in the wall.
- Caution, so as not to break the drill, in circular movements achieve the cone.Shaped cavity.
- Blow the hole to remove dust and the remnants of foam concrete.
- Insert a centering sleeve.
- Fill the cavity with a chemical composition.
- They screw a threaded anchor.
The anchor is not subject to multiple screwing/twisting, therefore, if the brackets must be attached to the wall, they are put on the rod immediately.
Before hanging the boiler, it is necessary to withstand the time before the complete strength specified by the manufacturer.
Bolt fastening through the wall is one of the most reliable and can be used for any building material of the partition or wall.
It should be borne in mind that nuts and studs will be visible on the back. To hide the fasteners, the holes are depressed in the wall that in the future mask.
Installation is carried out with the assistant:
- Drill a through hole with a diameter of 2 mm more in the intended place than a hairpin. When approaching the edge, the pressure on the tool is reduced to the minimum so that part of the wall does not fall out at the exit site.
- Wind up a stubborn nut, put a puck.
- Insert a hairpin (bolt, hook) into the wall.
- They put a puck on the back and twist the nut.
To increase the reliability of strength for both nuts, it is recommended to lay the common plate, so the area will increase on which the load is valid.
Installation on drywall wall
Without an additional frame on a wall of drywall, you can fix only running heaters. Use dowels like Molly or Hartmuth.
Dubel Molly installation process:
- Drill a hole in the wall.
- Insert the dowel.
- Holding the body, they begin to screw the screw.
- As the split body, the body expands and firmly rises into drywall. The fastening area increases several times.
Similarly, a plastic dowel butterfly works.
To install storage boilers before the start of the walls of the walls with plasterboard, a frame of wooden bars or boards, steel stripes or metal profile pipes is mounted.
GKL sheets should fit tightly to the frame so that they do not affect the pressure from the fasteners.
Choosing a Backup Generator Plus 3 LEGAL House Connection Options. Transfer Switch and
An alternative way to install a boiler on a wall of drywall is the use of steel amplifier plates, each of which must be fixed to the wall of the wall at least 6-8 points. Brackets are screwed to the plates of nuts.
Hanging on a concrete or brick wall
Concrete walls are rarely thinner than 15 cm and withstand the mass of any boiler.
Fastening is carried out on hooks or spacer dowels from complete equipment.
The order of work with hooks and plastic dowels:
- Mark the marking.
- Drill a hole in the wall according to the diameter of the dowel.
- Drive the plastic part into the hole.
- Helping themselves with pliers, screw the hook.
- After marking, the hole in the wall is drilled.
- Remove dust, blowing the resulting hole.
- Twist the threaded part of the mount.
- Drunk pipe with a spacer cone drive into the wall.
- They screw the anchor. Rising along the thread, the cone bursts the pipe.
The heat exchanger is fixed on the wall using Mr. A gap of 12. 20 cm between the device and the ceiling is left. An additional frame is made if the water heater is mounted on a wall of weak materials.
Inserting into the water line is carried out anywhere using metal.Plastic pipes or propylene. Connection to the mains is performed using a machine gun (bag).
The necessary tools for work
During operation, tools may need such tools as:
- A pedulator having a drilling function or an electric drill;
- A hammer;
- Building level;
- Corner grinder, if you have to make a metal frame;
- Pencil for marking.
It will also require fasteners suitable for each specific wall. If it is supposed to make a design independently, then special studs with nuts, wide washers, a profile pipe, a sheet metal with a thickness of 4 mm are prepared.