Chimneys for gas boilers. Device and connection diagrams
In a gas boiler, as in any other heating device operating with fire, gases release during fuel combustion. In their chemical composition, they are very dangerous for humans. Therefore, a well.Equipped chimney for a gas boiler can be considered a necessary condition for its safe use. Consider the main aspects of the proper installation of the smoke exhaust channel and we will figure out what requirements for this process are presented.
Block: 1/3 | Summer characters: 438
Options for installing a chimney pipe for a gas boiler
Clean. The pipe is mounted through the deaf wall outward, horizontally to the ground. The pipe is hidden to avoid possible freezing in the winter.
The internal chimney is inside the house and passes through the ceilings and the roof. In this version, the design is isolated with special fireproof materials.
IMPORTANT! The combustion products have high temperature, so the fire inspectorate pays special attention to the designs and materials that are used as dialogue pipes.
Experienced masters advise installing oval (or round) cross.Sectional pipes, although this limits the choice of installation.
This is due to the fact that the exhaust gas is not encountered in the oval section, because of this, uneven heating of the exhaust gas occurs, which in turn creates good traction. In the design with a square cross section, reverse turpentines form in the corners, which interfere with traction.
Boilers and methods for installing smoke pipes
There are two types of burners for gas boilers:
- Open. In them, oxygen for combustion is taken from the room in which the boiler is installed. Therefore, this type of burner or capture is also called “atmospheric”. In such gas boilers, the removal of smoke gases requires a pipe with access to the atmosphere and good thrust. Methods for withdrawing a chimney from a gas boiler
- Closed combustion chambers (turbocharged boilers). They work paired with coaxial chimneys. From two pipes inserted into each other. The combustion products are allocated along one pipe, air flows on the other to maintain burning. The coaxial pipe is usually excreted through the wall to the street. Therefore, they say that such gas boilers do not have a chimney. But, if desired, you can get a chimney into the atmospheric chimney. In this case, it is necessary for normal thrust (when it is taken to the wall, this does not matter, since the movement of gases provides a turbine).
It is clear that the choice of the type of chimney primarily depends on the type of combustion chamber. In one case, it should be a coaxial pipe, in the other. Ordinary. But besides this, there are many more nuances for constructive performance.
Coaxial chimney for a gas boiler
Coaxial chimney gas.Wall boiler
How To Install Emergency Burnham Steam Boiler Gas Fired
Modern option with excellent performance and presentable design. It is made according to the “Pipe in the Pipe” scheme. Designed for use with gas boilers, the combustion chamber of which is made by closed type. In this kind of equipment, the air fence for gas burning takes from the street, and not from a heated room.
Air supply is carried out through an external pipe laid through the outer wall of the structure. Smoke with impurities is excreted through the inner pipe. Such a device is beneficial for the fact that it eliminates the need to install an additional ventilation system.
Type of the installed coaxial chimney
In addition, the specific form of the coaxial chimney excludes the possibility of condensation on its walls, which is especially important in heating systems that function on gas fuel.
Features of the assembly of stainless steel chimneys
So, there are two types of steel chimneys. Single.Walled and sandwich, about which we wrote earlier. Depending on the installation site and the type of pipe itself, two methods of installation are distinguished.
- The first is called. Condensate. That is, this refers to the direction of the condensate movement in the pipe. It is assumed that the upper pipe will be inserted into the lower, and this will provide unhindered water flow, bypassing the joints. Use this connection mainly on the street and for single.Walled pipes.
- The second. By smoke. Here we take into account the direction of movement of smoke to minimize the possibilities of its leaks. This method is used for sections of the tracks that pass inside the house, since the gas leak is unacceptable here.
- Sandwich pipes are universal and have a complex structure. They are made in such a way that the inner pipe is connected by condensate, and the internal pipe is made by smoke. As a result, the owner receives reliable protection against any leaks over the entire length of the chimney.
What will happen if you place a chimney in the box? This method is often used by those who do not want to observe open communications at home.
This decision is acceptable and not prohibited by standards. Over, it will give you additional advantages, not counting the neat type of the entire structure.
The installation of the box allows you to effectively isolate hot pipes from combustible materials. Look at the photo above. The frame of the box is sheathed with refractory sheets of gypsum fiber, between which mineral wool is installed. With such a manner, you can immediately provide for the passage of the chimney through the floors.
The only thing to bother with this is the installation of revision hatches for convenient access to the condensate collection.
Find out how to hide the gas pipe in the kitchen, and also read the requirements, options and process of installing the box, in a special article on our portal.
During installation, welding is required. Welding quality control is regulated by SNiP 3.05. 03.85 5.
- Connect gas water heaters and other gas devices to the chimney is required by pipes that are made using roofing steel.
- The length of the connected pipes should not exceed 3 meters in new buildings and more than 6 meters in existing.
- The bias of the pipe in relation to the device should be at least 0.01.
- No more than 3 bends are allowed on the pipes that take the smoke, the radius should not be less than the diameter of the pipe.
- The connection of the pipes should be dense, the entry of one pipe into another should be at least half the diameter of the pipe.
- If the pipes are made of black iron, they require painting fireproof varnish.
Attention: If the above requirements are violated, water heaters must be disconnected from gas supply.
Install a sandwich chimney
The first stage of installation of the attachment is to break the hole in the outer wall and preparation for the laying of the horizontal section. In a house built of combustible materials, the opening is made taking into account the fire retreat (38 cm from the edge of the wooden wall to the sandvich inner pipe) and the installation of the flange of the passage node, as shown in the photo.
Note. In non.Combustible structures made of brick and foam blocks, the device of firewood is not required. A metal sleeve is laid in the opening and a sector of the gas transference with a gap compaction with non.Combustible material is inserted.
The installation of the modular sandwich and the connection to the gas boiler is carried out in the following sequence:
- Collect the lower part of the prefix chimney, including 2 tees and a condensate discharge section. Connect the horizontal area leaving for the hole.
- Try the knot to the wall and determine the installation site of the support site. Fix it and set the lower part, leading the pipe into the wall. Observe the vertical by controlling the position of the node by the construction level.
- Having fixed the lower part of the gas, mount the vertical site. Connect the straight sections so that the upper shell is put on the lower, and the gas.Free pipe, on the contrary, is inserted inside (assembly “according to condensate”).
- Perform the fastener of the fastener chimney channel with an interval of no more than 2.5 m. Brackets should not fall to the joints of the sections.
- Lay the horizontal section of the sandwich to the gas boiler and put on the adapter. Fix the chimney with clamps to the building structures with a maximum step 1.5 m.
- Connect the heat generator to the chimney with a piece of a single.Walled stainless pipe.
Reminder. In a wooden house, the clearance between the ends of the wall and the intersecting pipe, lay out with basalt fiber, and then install metal flanges on both sides.
Direct sections are simply inserted into each other and fixed with clamps, smear the joints with sealants do not need. If a trim is necessary, then the lower end of the section is shortened, where the insulation is located flush with metal linings. A protective cone is planted on the upper cut of the chimney.
Detailing for internal installation
The laying of the smoke removal channel inside the building is carried out similarly, only you will have to go through the structures twice, or even three times. The same rules for the installation of sections are observed everywhere when crossing combustible ceilings and walls. At the end, you need to carefully seal the roof at the site of the pipe passage, as is done on
Types of chimneys
There are two types of chimneys. For gas and solid fuel boilers. Regardless of the type and shape of the chimney, its most important indicator is the craving. The rate of movement of combustion products depends on it. There is a craving against the background of the difference in temperature indicators and the pressure between the street and the house. As practice shows, the craving in even chimney, which have no bends, is much better.
There are different types of chimneys
Note! The length of the chimney also affects the traction. The combustion products in direct areas of the pipe gain speed, due to which the flow of smoke increases.
The length of the chimney affects the traction
For solid fuel boilers
Several factors may indicate the quality of traction in a chimney for solid fuel boilers. These include:
INSTALLING A WORCESTER LPG SYSTEM BOILER, introduction for gas trainees to LPG and steel pipe work
When buying a chimney, you need to pay attention to the heat resistance of the product. When burning, the gas temperature is quite high, so the material from which the chimney was made should withstand such temperature fluctuations without problems. For the manufacture of chimneys, different materials can be used, for example, steel, ceramics or special fire.Resistant brick.
The chosen chimney should be a heat.Resistant
The product of fire bricks can withstand temperatures up to 800 degrees, while maintaining all its characteristics. Therefore, brick is often used for internal cladding. But this material also has minuses. For example, with prolonged heating on a brick, condensate appears, which eventually leads to damage to the chimney.
Horizontal and vertical placement
Steel. The second most popular material for chimneys. Stainless or black steel is used, but black steel products are short.Lived. They are unstable to different irritants. If we talk about stainless steel, then such products are not exposed to external stimuli, so they serve much longer. Such indicators are achieved due to the special chemical composition of the material.
For gas boilers
Such chimneys must be of high.Quality and safe. It is worth noting that chimneys for gas boilers have one problem. The appearance of condensate. As a rule, condensate appears due to improper installation of the chimney or when cool air enters. As in the case of solid fuel boilers, chimneys for gas boilers are made from different materials. A variety of products creates additional problems when choosing, so it is important to familiarize yourself with the main types of chimneys intended for gas boilers.
A chimney for a gas boiler
Table. Varieties of chimneys for gas boilers.
|From stainless steel||This metal products are easy to install. In addition, stainless steel is well opposed to irritants of acidic nature. The service life of chimneys made of stainless steel is much more than ordinary steel products.|
|Enameled||The inner surface of the products is not exposed to soot, so enameled chimneys are well suited for gas boilers.|
|Chimney-sandvich||A type of chimney, mainly used for houses without a brick mine. Among all the advantages of the sandwich, it is worth highlighting the inability of the chimney to accumulate moisture. This is important, especially for buildings from timber.|
|Coaxial||Coaxial chimneys are used in cases where constant circulation of air in the building cannot be ensured. The product itself is two pipes of different sizes inserted into each other. The chimney provides complete combustion of fuel in the boiler.|
The main types of chimney assembly
Note! Installing a closing flat valve on chimneys for gas boilers is strictly prohibited. Therefore, such chimneys have a conical shape in the upper part.
Second phase. The output of the chimney
This procedure can be performed in one of two ways:
We will get acquainted with each of the options.
Conclusion through the wall
In this case, the entire structure will have to disassemble and fix the so.Called landing for brackets. After that, the outer bracket is assembled, a pair of corners is attached to it, forming the “runners” (so the tee can be moved freely during the installation, while nothing will be stuck).
The wall itself is closed with a sheet of plywood with a thickness of 1 centimeter, and asbestos is attached on top with screws. Next, a sheet of galvanized steel of 12×20 centimeters is installed. A square hole is made in this sheet for the output of the pipe, after which it is also attached using screws. At the end, the bracket is covered with special anti.Corrosion varnish. An adapter is inserted into the hole, a hole is made in it, and then a pipe is put on it.
There is also such a thing as a concession in the construction of chimneys. This space is necessarily left between the surface of the wall and the pipe.
Note! The first structural element must be calculated so that the first sandwich pipe is attached to the second above the level of cutting of the ceiling. This is explained quite simply: the most fireproof elements need visual control
Conclusion through the roof
With such an installation of a chimney with your own hands is also possible. In this case, the steel sheet is taken and applied to the hole for the output from the inside. The chimney is displayed and only then the sheet is fixed to the roof. If necessary, it is additionally started to the edge.
Note! If the roof is flat, then the pipe, as noted above, should be higher than 1 meter higher. And if the height exceeds 120 centimeters, then stretch marks with clamps are additionally placed.
If the roof is made of combustible material, then it is additionally protected from ignition. For this purpose, the chimney is equipped with a spark.