Installation of the circulation pump: Tips for the correct installation in the heating system with your own hands
30 years ago, the so.Called steam heating was distributed in private houses, where the coolant circulated through pipes and batteries by gravity, and a gas boiler or wood furnace served as source of heat. Water pumping pumps were used in centralized heat supply networks. When compact circulation pumps for heating appeared, they migrated to private house construction, as they gave the following advantages:
- The speed of the coolant increased. The heat generated by the boiler began to be faster to be delivered to the radiators and transferred to the premises.
- Accordingly, the process of heating the house has significantly accelerated.
- The higher the speed of the duct, the greater the throughput of the pipe. So, the same amount of heat can be delivered to the rooms in highways of smaller diameter. Simply put, pipelines have become half as much thanks to the forced circulation of water from the pump, which is cheaper and more practical.
- The highways can now be laid with a minimum bias and make arbitrarily complex and extended water heating schemes. The main thing is the correct selection of a pump unit in power and the created pressure.
- Household circulation pump for heating made it possible to organize warm floors and more effective closed systems operating under pressure.
- It was possible to remove the ubiquitous pipes from the eyes, passing through the rooms and not always harmonizing with the interior. Increasingly, heating communications are laid in the walls, under the flooring and behind the suspended (stretch) ceilings.
Note. The minimum slope of 2-3 mm per 1 m of the pipeline is needed to empty the network in case of repair or maintenance. It used to be made at least 5 mm / 1 m. P.
The pumping systems also have disadvantages where without them. This is a dependence on electricity and its consumption by a pumping unit over the heating season. Therefore, with frequent power outages of electricity, the circulation pump should be installed along with the uninterrupted power supply or connected to the electric generator. The second drawback is not critical if you choose the right power of the device, then the consumption of electricity will be acceptable.
How to Replace a Heating Pump. Plumbing DIY
Leading manufacturers of heating equipment, such as Grundfos (Groundfos) or Wilo (Vilo), have developed new models of units that can save electricity. For example, if you buy and put the Alpfa2 circulation pump from the Grundfos brand, it will automatically change performance depending on the needs of the heating system. True, its price starts from 120 in. E.
New generation circulation units from Grundfos. Alpfa2 and Alpfa2l models
Connection of the circulation pump to the mains
If you used the installation method that we described above, then the shaft of the circulation pump will be in a horizontal position. In this case, air will not be collected in it, which interferes with the lubrication of the bearings.
Among other things, installing the unit, it is necessary to ensure that the terminal box is placed on top. Connect the circulation pump to electricity with strict adherence to safety rules.
The power cable must have a plug or switch. The minimum distance between the contacts of contacts is. 3 mm. Cable section. At least 0.75 mm. Of course, the connection of the pump should be made to the outlet with grounding.
The question of how to choose does not only affect the technical characteristics of the device. Most often, consumers understand a brand or manufacturer by it. The modern market offers a fairly wide range. Here are foreign analogues and domestic. Here are just a few models.
Italian pump Aquario
Its model AC204-130 is one of the most popular. Used for small private houses. Its power is 2.4 m³/h, pressure up to 3 m, power consumed 0.64 kW, weight 3.4 kg.
Flange connection, has three speed modes.
Italian device DAB VA-VB-VD
It has a wide range of technical characteristics: pressure up to 6 m with a power of 0.5 to 3.3 m³/h.
This sample is equipped with a special thermal relay that turns off the pump if it begins to overheat. Many experts advise choosing this particular model.
Danish company Grundfos offers pumps of five modifications. In Russia, the UPS model has gained great popularity as the most economical in terms of electricity consumption (0.55 kW).
In this case, its pressure is 3 m, and the volume of the pumped coolant 3 m³/h.
Of the domestic manufacturers, it is necessary to highlight the pumps of the Master brand from Podolsk and “Circul” from the company “Dzhilex”. Several technical characteristics:
- Master 4.25.180. Pressure 4.2 m, power 3 m³/h;
- Master 8.32.180. Pressure 8 m, power 9.6 m³/h;
- Circular 25/40 (pressure 4 m, volume 2.5 m³/h). The smallest sample;
- Circular 32/80 (pressure 8 m, volume 3.2 m³/h). The largest.
Both brands produce pumps that are connected to the pipeline with a flange connection. So, knowing the brands and models offered by manufacturers, you can choose the right pump, taking into account not only its technical characteristics, but also the price.
Recommendations on the procedure for installing the pump
This work should be engaged in the so.Called “off.Season”. But if there is a need to carry out installation in the heating period, the boiler is required to “drown out” and wait for the temperature of the coolant. These are elementary things that do not need additional Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
- If necessary, it is better to assemble it separately, installing all the reinforcement elements and the circulation pump. It remains only to make a insert into the pipe.
- The next stage is air vengeance with the simultaneous control of the system in order to detect leaks.
CONDENSING BOILERS. Condense Pumps.Wilo Plavis
After that, you can safely switch the circuit to work with the pump.
Circulation pumps are divided into 2 groups, according to the specifics of the rotor. “wet” and “dry”. What is the difference? Without going in particular engineering solutions, it is enough to only note the pros and cons of each modification.
With a “dry” rotor. Higher efficiency. But there are shortcomings. Increased “noise”, the need for regular maintenance (primarily lubrication of seals) and special requirements for operating conditions. Such circulation pumps are necessarily installed in separate, absolutely clean rooms. The explanation is simple. The slightest dusting leads to a decrease in their effectiveness or breakdown.
The recommendation is a “dry” pump is advisable to purchase if there is no analogue in the boiler itself, and the product is the only device that provides water circulation through the heating system pipes.
With a “wet” rotor. As a rule, these pumps are mounted more often. The fact is that all modern household heating boilers are originally equipped with such a device (located under the casing of the unit), and the newly installed serves only an additional element that provides better circulation of the coolant. For example, if the heat generator model is incorrectly selected, with an increase in the length of the heating circuit, when installing radiators not provided for by the primary scheme.
The disadvantage of such a pump is low efficiency. But given that it is not the only one in the system, this deficiency is leveled, since it does not particularly affect the efficiency of heating. Additional advantage. Technical maintenance is not required. Such pumps regularly operate until the resource is completely production, provided that the rules for their installation are observed.
Recommendation. If the household boiler already has a “own” pump, then you can safely choose a product with a “wet” rotor.
The pumping unit is mounted on the network in compliance with certain rules and requirements. In order to familiarize yourself, we list all the rules for installing the pumps:
- The unit can operate both in vertical and horizontal position. When installing, it is necessary to observe the direction of the fluid flow indicated on the case with the arrow;
- When installing the unit, it is necessary to observe its orientation in space. The pump must be placed so that its rotor is in a horizontal position, and not “head” up or down, as shown below in the figure;
- So that the pump can be removed for maintenance or repair, shut.Off valves are placed before and after it;
- The unit is installed on the bypass line, and a crane is placed on a straight line, then in the case of disconnecting it, the system will be able to continue work without forced circulation;
- If the circulation pump is installed in an open heating system, then it is better to put a mesh filter (mud) on a bypass, before the pump, but after the tap. In pressure networks, the mud should be installed in front of the bypas, and with the strapping of a solid fuel boiler. In front of the three.Way valve.
Advice. The unit is also not recommended to be placed horizontally with a terminal box down. If it does not work otherwise, then you need to unscrew 4 screws of the body mount, turn it by 180º along with the box and tighten the screws into place.
There is one subtle moment. In the diagram where the forced circulation of the coolant was planned initially, it often does not make sense to set the bypass. After all, without a pump, water still does not flow through the pipes, since the not the same slopes, diameters, and so on. Therefore, you can safely integrate the unit in the reverse pipeline between the expansion tank and the boiler, which shows the circulation pump to install the circulation pump in the heating system:
Bypassic fishing line for the pump for the pump should be mounted only in systems previously made as gravity. Below the figure shows the installation scheme corresponding to this case:
Advice. Иногда вместо шарового крана на прямой линии гравитационной системы устанавливают обратный клапан лепесткового типа. While the pump operates, it properly propagates the valve petal and the straight line for the trimmer is closed. But as soon as the electricity is turned off, the pumping unit stops, the pressure drops and the valve on the straight line opens. Thus, the system goes into natural circulation mode automatically.
Consider brief and clear theses how to choose a circulation pump for a heating system in specific situations.
What characteristics to pay attention to:
- Pressure. Must cover the loss of hydraulics on the line;
- Productivity is Max. Pumped mass of the resource behind. Time;
- Working t °. Most modern models are designed for a range of 2 110 ° C, which is enough for most schemes;
- Power. Mechanical power, taking into account hydropower, should prevail over useful;
- The diameter of the pipes should be selected for existing pipes (25, 32 mm), however, adapters can also be used.
Type of circuit
For open systems, wet devices are not desirable, since the coolant in them usually contains abrasive particles (sand, oxidized iron, lime, etc.): getting between the rotor and the stator, impeller, they will quickly disable the device. But in closed systems where the water is filtered, distilled or other clean special coolant (propylene glycol) is used, such products will last years without special services. For units with a dry rotor, the quality of the working resource, the type of circuit does not matter.
Examples of schemes for one- and two-pipe circuits:
Calculation of power
There is a standard formula for calculating the performance of the pump for the characteristics of the equipment: every 10 meters of the highway are answered 0.6 m pressure of the device. For a small house with a contour of 80 m, we take the pump for pressure 4.8 m. It is advisable to add 15–20 % of the reserve to the resulting result, especially if there are ups on the upper floors.
R Standards for the European region 100 W/m² for objects with 1 or 2 apartments and 70 W/m². For apartment buildings.
Modern average units are equipped with standard three speeds. The selected unit must have an adjustment, the wider its range, the better. The setting will allow you to quickly warm up the housing when cooling, reduce heating, electricity consumption.
A dry pump cooler makes noise, if there is no way to ensure noise insulation and extraneous sounds are undesirable, then they choose a wet version of the product.
An example of a circulation pump, manufacturers
Examples of popular brands with a good reputation:
As an example for a heating circuit for a house of 100 m², you can take the Grundfos UPS model, its characteristics are as follows:
- Under the pipe connection on Ø32 mm;
- For performance. 62 l/s.;
- Weight 3.65 kg;
- Cast iron;
- Power is enough to raise the resource to the 2nd floor.
Central Military District for Heating Wilo Star-RS 25/6 180 (wet) can be considered as an average product sample for a not too demanding system:
There are electronic devices that allow you to quickly, automatically switch the equipment to the desired mode depending on the changes in pressure, temperature. Such devices are equipped with digital displays to which data on temperature, pressure, resistance are displayed.
Dry or wet rotor
There are such features on wet pumps:
- If the pressure (refers to the device provided by the device, we described the calculation above) more than 15–17 m, then for such a parameter the products considered. A rarity in the market, they are expensive;
- Used only for closed systems, where a lower need for great pressure, pure coolant;
- For the price, if the pressure is more than 10-14 m, often more expensive than a dry pump, and in addition, have increased motor size;
- It is not recommended to put on an open system, where possible dirt, sand other abrasive particles. The pump will fail after a year. Two, since the water here acts as a lubricant, washes the internal parts, there is a constant circulation and friction of the abrasive, the gap of the rotor and the stator is quickly clogged, graphite bearings are abrasion.
Up to 7–10 m pressure for performance 25-30 m³/h wet products are cheaper than dry. But the noise of the latter is much big.
- With working needs of 1–10 m of water. Art., consumption of 1–25 m³/h is advisable to take wet products;
- 12 m of water. Art. And for any productivity we select dry pumps. They are for a particularly large consumption;
- In any case, if there is an opportunity to make sound insulation, then a good choice is a dry pump;
- If less noise is required, then only wet types. You can apply 2-3 such devices: they will cope with increased requirements of the system, at the same time there will be no noise, although at a price such a scheme can exit a little more expensive. You can put one powerful wet supercharger for heating, but such models, as we have already noted, rare on the market, are expensive.
What are the advantages of pumps in the heating system?
Due to the modernization of pumping equipment, it began to be used more often for the pumping system of private houses. Experts identify the following advantages of pumps for pumping water in the heat supply system:
- The coolant is distributed in the heating system much faster. You can adjust the speed for moderate or fast heating of the premises. Due to this, in all the rooms of your private house there will be a comfortable temperature;
- Rapid heating of the premises;
- The ability to reduce pipelines due to forced circulation. This is a more convenient and practical way to heat the house;
- It became possible to organize complex highways, even on minimal slopes. In more complex heating systems, it is better to entrust the miscalculations and a selection of a circulation pump to professionals. The achievement of the set goals depends on the correct choice of the pump by the characteristics of the device;
- You can make additional heating systems in the house, for example, warm floors to maintain comfortable temperatures;
- Hide the overall pipes, thermal communications can be hidden in the walls, under the floors or ceilings.
How to choose the optimal circulation pump
Two main varieties of circulation pumps
Circulation pumps are devices operating from electricity. But direct contact of the electric part with hydraulic. Is unacceptable. This separation is provided by two approaches to the layout of the devices, which determines their unit for devices of “dry” and “wet” type. Much becomes clear already from the name.
- Pumps with a “dry rotor” appeared earlier. Their fundamental circuit is such that the electric drive is completely isolated from the pumping part, and rotation to the working wheel is transmitted through the shaft. Even externally, such pumps can be distinguished by an elongated housing due to the placed electric motor unit. As a rule, such devices are quite massive, so their console installation is most often practiced. For this, brackets or installation sites are provided on the housing.
Examples of circulation pumps with a “dry rotor”
Dry type circulation pumps are powerful and productive devices that provide a very high consumption of the coolant passing through them, and high pressure in the system. It’s hard to do without them. If a powerful boiler room is designed, for example, on a large mansion of several floors. But in an apartment or private house of medium sizes, their use is already seen excessive, especially since they have certain shortcomings.
In a word, if the heating system does not require specifically high pressure indicators and the flow rate of the coolant, the best option will be the purchase of a pump with a “wet rotor”.
The schematic diagram of the circulation pump with a “wet rotor”
Power block corps (pos.1) hermetically, due to the ring gaskets, it is connected to the body of the pumping work chamber (pos. 2) using several screws (poses.3). On both sides of the working chamber, “Snails”, certain mounts are provided for inserting into the pipes-these can be threaded pipes (poses. 4) for a coupling connection or flanges.
Inside the power unit there is a winding of the stator (pos. 5). This is the only compartment that does not contact with the liquid medium. It is hermetically separated from everyone else with a “glass” of stainless steel (pos. 6). Thus, seals are exclusively on static details, that is, do not wear out from friction.
There is a rotor inside (pos. 7), on whose shaft the working wheel of the pump is hard (pos. Eight). The rotor rests on the bearings that get constant lubricant from the coolant. The liquid medium filling the entire interior of the pump is also an excellent heat chalk, and the device does not threaten overheating, an additional engine cooling system is not required. In order to guarantee to ensure the full filling of the entire volume of the pump by the coolant, a special cork is provided (pos. 9) for air release.
The rotation of the pump rotor in the liquid environment, of course, entails certain energy losses, that is, a decrease in the efficiency of the device. But against the backdrop of low electricity consumption. This factor does not look deser for special attention. For the insignificance of losses.
The operation of the pump is almost silent, the device is compact and easy to install-OP simply crashes into the desired section of the pipe, not in person without requiring any additional fasteners. True, in this case, an important condition must be observed. The rotor axis, regardless of the position of the body, should take a horizontal position. In this position, bearings will never be dry, and the failure due to overheating they do not face.
Another detail. One must not allow solid suspension to the bearings, which may well form in the contours of the system. Therefore, immediately before the pump, it is always recommended to install a mechanical cleaning filter. “mud”.
Perhaps you will be interested in information about how reliable for heating systems PP pipe
Criteria for evaluating the circulation pump when choosing
When choosing a circulation pump for installation in an existing heating system, it is necessary to take into account a number of criteria.
- Supply voltage. On the scale of autonomous heating systems for apartments and private houses, pumps with a single.Phase power supply of 220 in 50 Hz are used. A low consumption current frees from the need to lay any highlighted power lines-enough network sockets. The only thing that is desirable to foresee is uninterrupted nutrition, which was mentioned above.
- Power consumption. Naturally, the lower it is (while maintaining other operational characteristics), the more economical. The optimal choice will be the device of the energy class “A”, even if it costs more. The lower the class (“c”, “C” and so on) the greater the electricity consumption will be.
The most economical in operation are circulating pumps with a class of energy consumption “A”
Most modern pumps have the opportunity to choose one of two or three operating modes, with different indicators of the created pressure. In accordance with this, power consumption also changes. Typically, the indicators are made to the device nameplate, in the form of a plate.
The cost of pumps of different types
There are many companies specializing in the production of circulation units on the market. Consumers are recommended to buy models of European manufacturers using authority. The products of some Russian enterprises are also in demand.
|Prima UPS 25/60 180||Russia||1570|
|Wester WCP 25-40G||Russia||2127|
|Hoffmann UPC 25-40 180||Germany||5256|
|Yonos Pico 15/1-4||Germany||6051|
|A 56/180 XM||Italy||10953|
On sale you can find both budget and expensive models. Which pump to buy for a heating boiler is an individual solution to the owner of the house. When choosing, some are focused on the degree of fame of the manufacturer, others. On the cost, others. On the availability of service. How to choose a heating radiator study by link.