Installation of a coal filter in hood. Operating principle
There are two main varieties of kitchen hoods. The first are flowing, providing for the excretion of contaminated air out through the external ventilation system. As for the second, it is recirculation kitchen hoods that use carbon filters to clean the air masses. The air passing through them does not leave the limits of the room, and therefore they can function without a duct pipe. If we are not talking about combined hoods that combine the functions of both types of these devices.
Which option is better. Flowing or with a filter without a discharge? In many ways, the answer to this question depends on your preferences, but if the compactness and ergonomicity of equipment that can perfectly clean the air is of fundamental importance for you. Stop your choice on the second option. In addition, it is cheaper to put it cheaper, and about what the filter elements are necessary for the functioning of these devices, we will tell you below.
As you can guess, the coal filter for extracts as a active substance uses activated carbon. Highly effective absorbent, which is necessary in many sectors of the economy and successfully used in them. The air passing through it is thoroughly cleaned, as a result of which the unwanted components that are part of it remain inside the filter. Having no chance of going out.
It should also be remembered that a good coal filter for a kitchen hood can clean the air with different speeds. This is due to several key factors, namely:
Coal filter cleans the air at different speeds
Installation of a coal filter in the hood is performed behind a fat barrier.
As for the determination of the degree of wear of this treatment device, some of them provide for the presence of built.In indicators that signal the fact that the filter resource in the hood is developed. In other cases, it is possible to determine the need to replace the cleaner in a coal hood for the kitchen purely empirically. As mentioned above, a worn.Out cleansing element works much more slowly, unable to fully cope with the responsibilities assigned to it.
Decide on the height
The level at which the lower edge of the hood will be located depends not only on your height and height of the hanging cabinets of the kitchen. These parameters are also important, but first of all, one should be guided by the recommendations of manufacturers of the device and stove.
Depending on the type of the latter, the minimum distance from the hood to the hob is different. As a rule, for induction and electric plates, it is from 45 to 75 cm, for gas. From 55 to 85 cm. The role of the hood itself also plays the role: the models with a direct location have height more, in inclined. Less.
All this is due to the fact that in the process of working on mesh filters, fat accumulates, which, with excessive heating, can ignite and become the cause of the fire.
For a neat and accurate installation, it is very important to correctly make markings. For wall hoods, there are enough points for drilling fasteners. Built.In models in addition need to cut nests for the duct in the bottom of the cabinet.
In both cases, marking is carried out according to the mounting template, which usually comes with the hood. The marking process is described in detail in the instructions. The sequence of operations is about this.
Find the center of the slab and mark the vertical axial fishing line for a trimmer from this point. For convenience, stick a painting tape on the wall and draw with a pencil on it. Then, at the desired height, draw a horizontal fishing line for a trimmer, on which the bottom of the hood will be located.
Glue the stencil with a handful ribbon and a pencil or an awl with a point for drilling holes. If there is no template in the kit, use the mounting bracket and make marks in the right places on it. Another option is to measure the distance to the openings on the body and transfer them to the wall, measuring from the axial line.
Remove the cabinet from the wall on which the hood will be installed. Dismantle the bottom and glue the stencil to it with a painting ribbon. Mark the mounting point with an awl, as well as the center of the nest for the duct. Measure the radius of the pipe through the template and draw a circle by the circul, according to which you then cut out the wood-based slab.
If there is no stencil for installation, then push the hood into the cabinet, installing it in such a way that it is flush with facades taking into account the thickness of the door. Put on the output of the chopper of the bell and apply the sealant along the contour. Then gently attach the bottom on top so that there is an imprint on the wood and pickle slab, and circle the trace with a pencil.
If the duct passes above the cabinets, then it is necessary to mark the cutout for the pipe in the top cover in this way.
Step.By.Step instructions for the installation of hoods
We calculate the height
The correct height of the hood
To understand what height there should be a device, you need to take into account the growth of the user, the location of the kitchen furniture and the recommendations of the manufacturer.
For an electric stove, the height will be 45-75 cm. And if you install a gas hood-55-85 cm. Also note, devices with direct orientation are higher than the models under the slope.
The rule of the height is due to the fact that during the functioning of the hood on its filter, fat deposits accumulate. And if the fat is heavily heated, it can light up and you will get a fire.
We apply markup
Wall marking for hoods
Not to neglect the markings. For the hood on the wall, stop noting the places for fasteners. But to install the built.In hood, you need to make a nest under the duct in the kitchen cabinet.
Apply marking according to the pattern attached to the hood. Plus how to make markings tells the instruction.
- Determine the middle of the stove and from it, draw a vertical fishing line for a trimmer along the axis. To make it convenient, you can stick the tape on the wall and draw on it with a pencil. Then, at the already calculated height, draw a fishing line for a trimmer. There will be a bottom of the hood.
- Fix the template with a tape, and with a pencil indicate the spaces of drilling. If without a stencil, you can take a mounting bracket and determine the places for the drill on it.
How to Install A ZLINE Island Range Hood
General rules for built.In models:
- Remove the cabinet into which the hood over the stove will be installed.
- Remove the bottom and take a stencil on it with a tape. Mark the fasteners points with a pencil, as well as the middle of the hole for the corrugation or pipe.
- Take the compass and calculate the radius of the pipe according to the template. Draw such a circle. This is the future hole in the wall of the cabinet.
- If without a template, put the hood in the closet so that it becomes along with the facade, given the door.
- Place the bell at the end of the duct and pour sealant.
- Attach the bottom and circle it with a pencil.
- If the duct is located above the cabinet, do the same, but in the top cover.
We prepare a closet
Preparation of a hood cabinet
Important! If you install a wall hood at home, then pass this step!
- Drill make a hole in which the jigsaw.
- Make a lobby for the applied marking circle for corrugation or pipe.
- To protect the edges, stick an edge or a profile of plastic. You can also treat the cut places with sealant.
- Make holes for the cord in the back wall.
- Install the kitchen hood in the closet, fixing the shelf with screws.
We mount the hood
Install the hood
General installation rules for wall hoods:
- At the marked points, make the holes with the ashorator and put the dowels.
- Put the plate for fasteners on screws. Or tighten the fasteners into the wall, leaving 1-2 mm on the surface.
- Hang the device for brackets or screws.
- Pass the cable so that then do not change its location.
- Level the hood and check the reliability of fixation again.
General installation rules for built.In hoods:
If the cabinet is light, you can install an extract on it on the floor, and then hang on the wall.
We understand the design of the duct
The design of the air duct
During the installation of hoods on a gas or electric stove, an aluminum corrugation or pipe made of plastic with round or rectangular cross section is needed to connect to ventilation.
Corrugation is cheaper and it is easier to handle it, t.To. The angle of the duct can be made by any and it is not necessary for this additional connecting part. But the corrugation does not look beautiful, creates excess noise during the operation of the device and is covered with fat.
The pipes are of aesthetics, low noise, and if the profile is rectangular, then you can hide under the ceiling. But they are more expensive, plus waste rasters.
When installing the hood with your own hands, consider the diameter of the section of the duct, it should match the bell or differ quite a bit. Usually, 120-150 mm. If you artificially reduce the diameter, then reduce the power of the device and increase the noise.
We lay the duct
The air hood air duct
The first rule, the duct should be minimal length and have less creases. The connection is characterized, and the joints are precisely fixed.
If you are frightened by excess noise, while installing the hood over the gas stove, paste the air duct with a soundproof material.
- First, straighten the corrugation to the maximum, so remove unnecessary creases and reduce air resistance.
- Enter one end of the corrugation to the pipe and fix it with a clamp. If the diameter of the corrugation is different. Take the transition adapter.
- With a minimum amount of creases, you will stretch the corrugation along the wall or cabinet before ventilation. To make the air better, raise the horizontal part of the corrugation towards the channel by 10 degrees.
- At the end of the hood, attach a bell or a removal to collect air before ventilation.
- Knee and others. Connect the fittings with pipes. At the same time, save a small angle along the ventilation.
- After assembling a dry structure, go at the joints of silicone for tightness. Do not take glue, etc.P., otherwise you will not analyze the duct.
Which kitchen hood is better to choose?
Which hood to choose?
In order not to make a mistake in choosing a kitchen hood, you must familiarize yourself with the main criteria for its choice.
- Type of hood. They are divided into built.In, wall/wall, island and other. The choice depends on the preferences of the consumer, its taste and design, in which the kitchen is designed.
◾ built.In models are placed above the hob in the hinged cabinet. They have compact dimensions and are almost invisible. Install furniture in the room at the stage of installation of furniture. The price of built.In hoods is quite high. ◾ wall and outlet models of hoods can be installed at any time. The main thing is that the distance between the cabinets corresponds to the width of the hood. The cost depends on the configuration of the model, manufacturer and power. ◾ Island kitchen hood has the most original design. You can install in the rooms where the plate is installed in the center of the room, and not at the wall. There is a large assortment of island hoods, the for them are different.
To narrow the search circles, it will also be useful to get acquainted with the rating of the best kitchen hoods for household use according to consumers in 2022.
What tools will be required
Before connecting the hood with ventilation in the kitchen, you need to prepare the next tool and materials:
ZLINE Island Hood Installation
Corrugated aluminum or plastic duct; roulette for measuring distances; pencil or marker; metal square; Electrician is used to make holes; screws; bolts; keys set; sealant; screwdriver; clamps for fixing corrugated air vents.
After preparing the tool, you can start the main work.
How to install an hood in a closet
Installation of a ventilation unit inside a hinged cabinet will require certain carpentry skills.
If the installation is carried out in new furniture, it is advisable to purchase an hood at the stage of designing hinged shelves to adjust sizes.
And when mounting in existing kitchen furniture, it is important to comply with the external dimensions of the hood body and the inside of the suspended cabinet.
Materials and tools necessary for work
The following tool will be required to perform work:
- Roulette, building corner;
- Screwdriver or electric screwdriver;
- Knife.Haired woman;
- Lights: simple or electric;
Preparation of the cabinet for embedding hoods
Whether it will be a new kitchen furniture or is a tapping in the old cabinet, it is necessary to prepare the interior space for installing the hood.
Consider step by step all the stages of work for the furniture used.
- First of all, it is necessary to unscrew the facades from the module in which it is planned to install hoods, as well as from neighboring shelves.
- Remove the required cabinet from the wall. To do this, unscrew all the fasteners, having previously fastened the dismantled module with clamps with vertical walls of adjacent shelves.
IMPORTANT! If you do not fix the cabinet using devices with neighboring modules, then someone should support it when dismantling. Otherwise, the fall and damage to the furniture is possible.
- Unscrew the lower body shelf and remove it. Now you can verify the correctness of the choice of built.In technology and determine the need to cut the side walls of the cabinet. If the visible part of the hood with the control buttons of small thickness, then it is better not to cut nothing.
ATTENTION. The trimming of the lateral walls will entail the need to trim the facade. And this is often not included in the work plan.
- After determining the landing to the lateral surfaces, you need to attach the removed lower shelf of the cabinet to the upper plane of the hood and outline the circuit of the air canal and the place for the cord to establish a fork.
- On the intended contours, cut out excess parts.
- Next, it is necessary to mark the depth of placement of the ventilation unit inside the cabinet. To do this, start the hood in the required place and outline the upper lines of the case with a pencil.
- On the intended lines, it is necessary to attach the lower shelf of the cabinet inside. The front of the hood body is often sewn up with a decorative panel. Given the location. Behind the facade, such work is not necessary.
- In addition to the cutouts for the duct and the electrosnur, four holes are drilled before installation, in the places of attachment of the hood to the horizontal shelf.
IMPORTANT! For the accuracy of the coincidence of holes in the shelf with the points of the equipment fasteners, it is advisable to use a paper stencil.
After fastening the shelf at the required level, the cabinet is installed in the same place. If there are shelves inside this module, then they need to make a neckline for an air channel.
Installation of hoods
The cabinet attached to the wall needs to start electricity.
The outer laying of the mains is performed in a fireproof braid and installed a socket.
At the stage of the construction of the walls, the gasket is carried out in a safe hidden method.
IMPORTANT! When carrying out electrical work, use the wire with a section of at least 1.5 kV. Mm, and fasten the outlet to the walls of the furniture through the dielectric plate! Fulfilling these requirements will make a safe connection.
Installation and mounting of the device
- At the end of the preparatory work, the hood is built into the required place.
- For the rigidity of the fasteners of ventilation equipment, self.Tapping screws are used, which are included in the supply of supply. In the absence of such a kit, it is necessary to drill four holes in the upper part of the case. The built.In hood is screwed through the prepared holes in the shelf.
- A duct is laid inside the cabinet, it is connected to the unit and a house ventilation system.
- Then the intermediate shelves are installed.
- Check the operation of the equipment. If there are deficiencies, they eliminate.
- The last thing to do is install the facades.
When installing a ventilation unit in a new kitchen wall, less time and effort is spent. The appearance of newly installed furniture with built.In appliances is distinguished by the evenness of the lines and the freshness of manufacturing.
The built.In hood allows you to save the desired interior of the kitchen, and a competent selection of sizes and power will provide the required air exchange.
Block: 3/3 | Summer characters: 4371
Where and how to withdraw the duct
Most often, the duct from the hood in the kitchen is connected to the ventilation hole through which natural ventilation (due to traction) goes. This is wrong, since at the same time most of the grate is a closed air duct, and through the remaining openings the air exchange will be clearly insufficient.
A significant part of the ventilation grill is closed and the ventilation in the apartment will be insufficient
Correctly connect the duct to a separate ventilation. In this case, the same grate is installed on the hole as in the photo above.
If there is no separate ventilation room, but the outer wall is located nearby, you can take the pipe on the street, putting the grill outside. These are two ways to have normal ventilation and ensure normal efficiency of exhaust.
How to take it out into the street
To install the hood and remove the duct into the wall, it is necessary to make a hole in it. And this is the only difficulty. Next, the duct is inserted into this hole, covered with a solution. Outside, the hole is closed with a grill. So that the garbage does not fall, the birds and small animals do not settle.
One example of installing the hood is not a kitchen with air output through the wall
So that the air does not blow out the air from the street, the check valve is installed (in the figure above it is indicated by a oblique line). By the way, it is advisable to put it when connecting the duct to the ventilation system. So that the smells of pipes do not fall into the room.
This is how the check valve for ducts looks like this
The check valve is a light plastic or metal plate. It is mobile attached in two places to the pipe. At the top and bottom, the petals are propped up with a slight spring. While the hood is not working, the valve covers access to the air outside. When the hood turns on, the air flow bends the plate forward, pressing the spring. As soon as the hood is turned off, the plate with the help of the springs returns to the place. If you install an hood without this valve, in winter in the kitchen it can be too cold. The outer air will fall into the room without problems.
So that the hood does not interfere with natural ventilation in the kitchen
Using a tee and check valve, by the way, you can install an hood so that it does not interfere with natural ventilation in the kitchen. You will need a special ventilation grill for connecting hoods, check valve and a tee. The tee of the gear is attached to the venture, the airplane from the hood is connected to its lower entrance, and the check valve is placed on the free exit, it is only so that the petals are locked when air passes out of the pipe (in the photo below).
Anti.Breasting valve for normal natural ventilation in the kitchen
How such a system works? When the hood is turned off, the check valve petals are bent, the air from the kitchen into the ventilator enters the grate and the open release of the tee. When the hood turns on, the air flow from it turns the valve plate, and the air goes into the ventilation system. When you turn off the hood, the springs again open access to the air through the tee.
Outwardly, such a system does not look very attractive and it will have to somehow mask it. But this is the only way to connect the hood to the only existing ventilation output and not reduce air exchange.
Read reviews about Maunfeld kitchen hoods. And learn more about their diversity.
Anastasia, Omsk: I got as a gift a stylish hood Maunfeld Cascada white shade. Unlike other inclined hints, this model is decorated in the form of four horizontal panels, so makes our kitchen even more modern. I was afraid that the white case would get dirty, but the hood is so powerful that there is almost no pollution on the surface.
The sensory management has also delighted, recently I prefer this technique, since it is more convenient in use and in cleaning.
Another important plus is a very quiet engine. I am surprised that I still did not find flaws: apparently, Maunfeld is a really worthwhile technique.
Alina, Voronezh: I have chosen for myself not the most expensive and standard for designing inclined hood for Maunfeld Tower G.
Comparing with the last hood, which was also inclined, but cost one and a half times more, I can say that the price does not always show the actual quality of technology. Because this model, which I got in only 9 thousand, has no shortcomings at all.
It pulls the air perfectly, works quietly and without hinders, compact and comfortable (controlled by electronic buttons). And, most importantly, it looks like any expensive model of famous brands.
Want to make your kitchen not only cleaner and more comfortable, but also many times more beautiful? Then you lack only one detail. A modern hood from Maunfeld.
The models from this manufacturer are only improved over time to delight buyers with excellent quality and unique design.