Installation of the hob in the countertop. Read in all details
Hobs of modern manufacturers are a functionally completed equipment that can be used independently. But in many headsets there are special niches for building a stove. The correct installation of a new hob in a ready.Made countertop will ensure the quality of its connection and functionality.
Block: 1/5 | Summer characters: 315
What are the hobs
To some, these kitchen devices have practically no shortcomings. They were conditionally divided into categories:
According to the material from which they are made, the panels are divided into:
Please note that the panel may also have a different number of firewood. On the surface, they can be located differently.
At the first stage, you need to choose the device for you the most convenient and suitable. And if you make an order for kitchen furniture, then I must think in advance. In particular, it is important to determine the place where furniture will be installed. In the kit with the panel, you can install an oven.
You need to think about what will be connected to the network in advance. To a gas pipe if you choose a gas panel. And to the electric network, if you select an electrical device.
IMPORTANT! In order to mount an electric network, it is necessary to provide the corresponding section of the supply cable and the power of the outlet. In this case, you need to take into account the current consumption of the panel and the possible oven cabinet. They are given in the instructions.
Remember also about grounding or protective confusion of parts from a metal of an electric device. If the preparation is carried out, then start work.
Installation and connection of electrical hobs
Today’s electric panels are very functional, with proper surface installation, they rarely fail, therefore, for a long period they do not need repair work. When the repair was still needed, the panel is quickly disconnected and independently refers to the master or the repair can be performed independently, so you save your funds to call a specialist.
Before installing the hob, put it on the countertop, turn it over and connect the wires according to the scheme. You can find the circuit on the back of the panel, this is done for your convenience. It is necessary to take into account not only its size, but thickness. When you install and connect yourself, then show attention. If you connect the wires incorrectly, then you will not adjust the burners and their heating value then.
In the case when there is a special shield wire to connect the hob, you do not need either a socket or a fork. It is enough to connect the panel to the wire. Connection of the induction hob is carried out according to the same principle.
See also. Repairing hobs with your own hands: main malfunctions
How to install a hob
Wikihow works on the principle of wiki, which means that many of our articles are written by several authors. When creating this article on its editing and improvement, authors-volunteers worked.
The number of views of this article: 15 229.
The idea of independent installation of the hob can be somewhat frightened. After all, you will have to deal either with electricity, or with gas and at the same time work with a fairly expensive kitchen equipment. Nevertheless, none of the steps to install the hob is particularly difficult. You just need to do everything carefully and in the correct sequence from moonshine to the end.
- You must know for sure that the power panel power is disabled. For verification, you can use the tester by probing all the wires. If a light bulb lights up on the tester, then there is still electricity.
- Be sure to remember how the wires of the old hob, since the new hob will be connected similarly. You can sign the wires and take a picture before turning them off, so that later it is easier for you to remember.
- Seek for help to someone to remove the hob from its nest, as it will be quite heavy.  X Source of Information
- If there is no camshaft, then you need to contact a professional to install it.
- You should also check that the old hob that has the same current requirements as the new one, otherwise the work of a professional may be required to connect it. Many old hobs have only a 30-ampere electric circuit, while new often go 40-50 amperes.  X Source of Information
- Measure the length and width of the hob and subtract 1.5-2.5 cm on each side to determine the opening parameters for installing the hob panel.  X Source of Information
- You may need to remove the tile from the countertop (if it is covered with tiles) around the place of work before starting to cut the hole.
- To cut a granite countertop, you need a circular saw with water supply. As an alternative, you can hire a professional for this work, as granite is difficult to saw carefully. Also, after cutting the holes, the stone should be treated with sealant before placed the hob in the hole.  X Source of Information
Remove all removable elements from the hob so that it is easier for you to put it in place. The hob can have removable burners, protective screens and other details, which should be temporarily postponed to the side. You also need to not forget to remove all packaging materials from the hob.
- If you had to remove the tile, then you will first need to re.Lay the tile to the end in the surface of the hob, before installing the latter in place. You will have to wait until 24 hours until the solution freezes, before laying the hob in place.  X Source of Information
- Red and black wires (colors can vary) the hob should nourish it with electricity. Attach these wires to the corresponding wires with the phase in the camshaft.
- The white wire is neutral and serves to close the chain. The neutral wire of the hob should be connected to a neutral wire in a camshaft.
- Usually a green wire is designed for grounding. Attach the grounding wire of the hob to grounding in a camshaft.
- Connect the wires with each other using insulating caps for twisting wires. Comers the connected pair of wires and twist the cleaned ends. Wrap the cap on the twisted wires. The insulating cap will protect them from contact with other wires and potentially protect you from the occurrence of a fire.  X Source of Information
Install the previously removed removable parts on the hob. Return the burners, protective screens and other removable details to the place.
Rules for installing gas and electric hobs
The set of rules taken into account when installing the hob is little different from the recommendations for installing a kitchen slab of any type. Previously, you should get acquainted with the requirements and recommendations of the manufacturer in the instructions attached to the product.
Important! With non.Fulfillment of the instructions, the manufacturer is exempted from liability for improper operation of the device or its breakdown.
When connecting gas equipment, they always attract a licensed specialist. At least to carry out the control of the work performed.
Furniture in contact with the hob, should be made of non.Flammable materials. Cladding layers and glue fixing them should be heat.Resistant.
The device cannot be installed over refrigerators, washing, dishwashers and other similar equipment.
In case of installation of the hob over the oven, it must have a function of forced ventilation.
When installing the hob, cuts in the countertop are not less than indicated in the integration scheme in order to avoid deformation of the structure with natural expansion as a result of heating.
Connection of the hob to the network is made when installing a separate power fork and a separate power outlet, according to technical data in the operating instructions. It is not allowed to connect the hob and, for example, the oven with one fork in one outlet.
It is not recommended to install the hob over the dishwasher. This combination leads to incorrect operation of the dishwasher due to the heat that is released during the work of the hob. Electric elements of the hob often fail due to condensation formed by the dishwasher.
If the space under the hob is used as a cabinet, a dividing membrane of heat.Resistant material with a gasket of asbestos fiber is installed under the lower line of the panel.
Attention! When installing the hood over the gas, electric or combined hob, the minimum distance of 650 mm to the hob along the vertical axis is maintained.
IKEA METOD Kitchen Installation 5/7. Installing appliances, hob and sink | IKEA Australia
Compliance with safety precautions will avoid irreparable errors. We offer some tips:
- It is better to choose a gas hose with a length of not more than 3 m. Hoses to connect among themselves is prohibited.
- If desired, transfer a gas stove to another room, this must be coordinated in the corresponding authorities.
- To check the tightness of the hose that comes from the gas line, you can not use open fire. This error can be fatal!
So, we examined how to integrate a gas stove in a kitchen set on your own. Before performing work, it is advisable to evaluate your abilities and skills. If there are doubts that this is possible for you, then it is better to turn to professionals. However, it is worth noting that the installation process itself is not at all complicated and a practical one will be able to cope with a similar task. Most importantly, try to carefully read the instructions and purchase all the necessary tools and materials.
But remember that for the installation of gas equipment, a permit of special regulatory authorities must be obtained, which, after installing the plate, must be sure to check the quality of the work performed.
Sealing and compaction process
In order to prevent moisture access and deformation of the material from which the countertop is made, it is necessary to process holes with a sealant and compact them. Now several nuances of the use of silicone sealant:
The coating can have several layers. So reliable. After the last layer dries, you need to glue the cut with a self.Adhesive seal.
IMPORTANT! In the case when the countertop made of plastic, you can refuse such processing. After all, plastic will not be able to swell and swell from moisture.
As soon as the preparation is completed, you can proceed to the installation.
- Electro/gas outlets must be prepared at the stage of finishing.
- The transfer of a gas riser is a considerable distance from the initial position is a redevelopment.
- The transfer of any outlets must comply with the construction standards.
Types of networks
Everything is clear with gas. If you have gas, then there are no questions in determining the type of network.
220 V and 380 V
Mistakenly focus on the opinion that the network 380 V has more than three wires.
To determine the type of electric network, you will need a tool. Either indicator screwdriver or multimeter.
The tool before shooting has its own work.
The indicator screwdriver will react to several wires of the network 380 V. On the network 220 V of only one phase and only one wire will glow the indicator.
With a multimeter, everything is clear. Between the two phases of the network 380 in it will show ~ 380 in. Between zero and any phase. 220 in. In a single.Phase network, the voltage between the phase and zero is 220 V.
Types of sockets
Is it possible to connect the hob to the standard C5/C6 sockets?
C5 has no grounding contact. This reduces electrical safety. It is better to completely refuse C5.
C6. Type of open outlets with constant access. Nominal current for them 16 A, cross.Section of the wire. 2.5 mm. Such sockets are used to connect devices with a power of not more than 3.5 kW.
There are models of hobs with a maximum load up to 3.5 kW. As a rule, they have less than 4 fire. They can be used in a regular circuit for C6 outlets. The maximum load of the standard 4 fireplace model is ~ 6 kW.
Contacts of the outlet, wires with a certain cross section and automatic machines (circuit breaker) in the distribution cabinet are designed for a nominal current. The circuit circuit circuit is designed for 20-32 A, while the standard circuit for other electrical appliances for 16 A.
Automatic machines can be installed with greater than necessary, with a nominal current. Electricians do not particularly bother when choosing an automaton and purchase at once 32 a. The price between 16 A and 32 is minimal.
Another thing with the cross section of the wire. It comes here to unhealthy economy. There are a lot of wire fakes. Cable marking may indicate section 2.5 mm, while in fact it will be 1.5 mm.
Copper wire with section 2.5 mm withstands 25 A for 380 V. For 20-32 and a cross section of the wire from 4 mm is required.
Set the C6 outlet on a wire with a section of 4 mm oh oh, how not easy. Add an open type of C6, constant access, regular dragging forks from the nest into the nest and at the output we get an unreliable screw connection. Fighting of contact in this case is a matter of time.
The fork must also comply with electrical safety standards. Fork and outlet do not come with the hob.
It’s easier and better to take a ready.Made industrial version of sockets for electric stoves and take them into an inaccessible place for the eyes and hands. For example, for the kitchen cabinet, taking a place for it in advance at the design stage.
I use simple outlets of 150 two pieces for each electrical appliance (hob and oven). Directions in different directions, since the wire for the oven comes from below, and the wire from the hob enters from above.
To transfer sockets to the desired place, a barborean was used.
A VVG-Hong wire with a section of 4 mm is laid in the strobes. At the ceiling, a camshaft is attached 40 mm high. The box is further overlapped by a stretch ceiling.
Installation of the outlet itself involves the participation of a penetrator. After all, it will not hang in the air.
Wires with a cross section of up to 6 mm can be made detailed, crimped and soldered. All these norms and rules are part of SNiP. This gives some freedom. For example, you can completely abandon sockets when connecting a hob.
To connect, you can use WAGO terminals at 32 A.
How to install your Electrolux Hob. Worktop installation
- Faster. The process of installing the WAGO terminals takes 1 minute, while with a cheap outlet for an electric stove you can spend 1 hour of your time.
- The set of the required tool is reduced.
- There is no need to put a camshaft, branch the cable and hang an additional outlet. Unlike soldering and crimping, the compounds are detachable.
Step.By.Step instructions for installation
To install electrical built.In devices, an electric carrot of 220 V is required. It is advisable to install it in advance and choose the most suitable location before installing the headset. An electric outlet should be placed below the built.In technique. Thanks to observing this rule, it is excluded that the spray of water and fat in the cooking process is excluded.
To embed a new furniture set, you will need a set of tools to make holes in the case and countertop:
- Construction knife;
- Screwdriver Set;
- Gas key;
- Voltage measurement device in the electrical network.
The configuration includes fasteners, they are attached in accordance with the instructions. Installation to the countertop is carried out after preparing holes. The fasteners of the hob is produced in the following sequence:
- They lay the seal.
- Install the hob, it should be based on the countertop.
- At the bottom, fasteners are tightened.
- With the help of a knife, the protruding parts of the sealing material are cut off.
Preparation of the panel for installation
The hock panel should be unpacked before installation and check the presence of all fasteners. The electric panel can be connected to the network to check its performance.
Count of the countertop and cutting holes
In the countertop, you need to cut the opening, in accordance with the dimensions of the built.In device. Detailed instructions are attached to the manufacturer. It is recommended to make a cardboard layout if it is not included in the kit.
- The layout is installed on the surface of the table and circled with a pencil. 1-2 mm between the landing corps part and the edge of the table is the gap that must be observed between them.
- For thorough marking, you need to prepare a pencil and ruler. If the countertop is made of pressed sawdust, and the upper layer is decorated with an artificial stone, a hole located closer than 5 cm to the edges is not recommended to be cut in the table cover. Otherwise, thin areas will quickly collapse.
- With the help of a drill, a hole is drilled in the corners of the marked zone. Suitable drill for 8-10 mm. The tool should be kept perpendicular to the surface during operation.
- It is recommended to install a nozzle intended for a tree on an electric jigsaw. Thanks to small teeth, the saws will turn out without chips. The tool canvas is inserted into the prepared hole and sawn along the marking line. The jigsaw should be tightly pressed to the surface.
- Then they are trying on the integrated technique. She should enter the prepared hole without difficulty, let’s say a small gap. If the hole is not large enough, the edges are cut to the desired size.
- The ends of the slot should be protected from moisture exposure. Therefore, at the preparatory stage, the walls of the cut are lubricated by sealant. To supplement the protection, the ends are recommended to glue with heat.Reflecting tape or foil. After that, the sealant is adhere to.
Installation of the panel
To attach the hob to the countertop, it is carefully inserted into the prepared hole, and the junction is lubricated with silicone sealant. Without strong pressing, the built.In technique is besieged before the edges of the edges to the surface of the table.
Press on the surface during installation should be carefully, especially if it is made of glass. Particular attention should be paid to the evenness of the location of the countertop. Otherwise, if heavy objects are put on the surface, cracks are formed.
The final step of installation work is the fastening of the panel using special complete clamps. Clamps are attached at the bottom, so the case is fixed. The acting sealant should be removed. If the installation of the oven is provided nearby, a thermal insulation layer must be laid between the devices. The gap between them should be at least ten centimeters.
Connection of the panel
Devices can be gas and electric, so the methods of installing them are also different.
Connection of a gas hob
Before installing the furniture, a flexible hose is connected to the gas pipe. The sylphon hose is not recommended to be attached directly to the gas valve. The docking is carried out through plumbing drives or nozzles for connecting.
- Before connecting the gas hose, a thread of twisted linen is wound on the carvage. The winding is made clockwise.
- After the winding, the linseed thread is lubricated with special paste for gas equipment.
- Next, the nut of a flexible gas supply is twisted, it should be tightened with a gas key. The element is twisted to the stop, but without unnecessary efforts. Inside the sealing gasket.
Where is it better to put an outlet for an electric panel
When connecting the panel to the outlet, it is important that they are at a suitable distance from each other. It is forbidden to use tees and extension cords, t. To. This can lead to an emergency. If there is no separate electricity near the equipment, then it will need to be laid, even before installing the stove.
If, in addition to connecting the top panel, the lower oven is also used, then two outlets will be needed.
The best place for placement is below the stove. This will help eliminate the effect on the outlet of moisture and fat during cooking. She will also remain invisible to others.