Why is the fireplace smoke, or how to melt the firewood/fireplace in the spring after a long downtime?
The melting fireplace after a long winter, summer residents often face problems. It would seem that firewood is dry, folded correctly, but the flame flares up poorly, and smoke does not go into the pipe, but into the room. What is the reason?
Most often, problems with the ignition of the fireplace after a long break arise due to the fact that cold air stood in the pipe. Help this trouble is very simple. It is enough to turn several newspapers into the tourniquet, set them set aside and put them in the furnace as deep as possible. After a few minutes the chimney warms up, and the cork will resolve by itself. If this has not helped, you can use thermal talent or even a simple household hairdryer. As soon as the rumble is heard in the pipe, it means that the craving has recovered and you can make firewood.
Another reason for the lack of traction is the clogged chimney. For long winter months, extraneous objects could get into it. Therefore, before the first firebox, the chimney needs to be examined. Anything can turn out there. From a bird’s nest, branches and leaves to a decayed and stuck brick. It is obvious that in this case the pipe must be cleaned, and damage should be eliminated.
The main source of problems with a fireplace ignition after a long break is an air traffic jam in a chimney
It is also worth checking the ash and clean it before trampling. From there, air for combustion enters the fireplace, and the accumulated ash can become an obstacle to him.
The cause of poor traction in the chimney pipe is the low pressure in the room, which occurs with cloudy and windy weather. It is enough to open the window for a short time to eliminate the problem
Condensate is very poorly affected by the fireplace. Caustic black plaque destroys the walls of the chimney, and it is almost impossible to wash away or scrape. Sometimes the pernicious effect of condensate leads to the fact that due to hopelessly spoiled bricks, the fireplace has to be demolished and transferred again.
How to avoid this? First, do not use wet or target wood. Secondly, put on the top of the pipe of the heads, which will protect the internal channel of the chimney from the rain and snow. And thirdly, insulate the pipe if it freezes.
But how to understand that the chimney is overlap? Very simple. It is necessary to put the holes of the back of the backy ray across the holes and flood the fireplace, and after half an hour, get it and scrap it with a knife. If the wood has not changed color, then the temperature of the outgoing gases is less than 150 ° C, and this is very small. The pipe needs to be thermal.
There should be no cracks on the pipe through which cold air can penetrate inside. It contributes to the formation of condensate
Also, smoke in the fireplace can occur due to destroyed seams in a brick chimney. The outer part of the pipe is sometimes destroyed from rains and wind, up to the point that smoke can go from the seams. It is obvious that damaged seams must be repaired by brushing with a heat.Resistant solution, and it is better to shift the injured part of the chimney.
And finally, if the fireplace smokes only in windy weather, then the air blows into the pipe. As a rule, this is due to errors when constructing a chimney. The protective head only partially solves the problem. The pipe must be above the roof skate. Only then will it work effectively.
Smoke appears during kindling
Reasons why the fireplace is poorly melted. Some will have to live on, due to the fact that they can be constructive errors, some can be corrected.
A smoke pipe made of brick is attached to the building. Brick chimneys are laid out with the thickness of the walls in the floor of the brick (65 mm.). Brick is not a good heat insulator and quickly freezes in frosts. Air cork is formed in the smoke channel, which interferes with melt the fireplace.
How to fix?To solve this problem, before the trampling, warm up the chimney with a hairdryer, gas burner or torch of paper, bringing them to the upper part of the smokers.
A stainless steel chimney according to the facade for each climatic zone there are regulatory indicators in thickness (for brick pipes) and the thickness of the insulation (for stainless steel chimneys). Small thickness of the insulation in a chimney of stainless steel chimney is the reason for the formation of air traffic jams and thrust overturning.
How to fix? Warm up the pipe before trampling using a torch of paper, hairdryer or burner. Mile the fireplace after restoring normal traction.
Kindling with wet firewood firewood, which are stored on the street have increased humidity. They are poorly flared up, contribute to the formation of condensate in the pipe, can cause smoke during trampling.
How to make EASY (but realistic) smoke and fire simulation in Blender | 2021
How to fix? Keep part of the firewood in the house to reduce their humidity level. For kindling, use firewood bought in a supermarket.
A large number of firewood is too many firewood laid down in the furnace, at the time of kindling can be the reason for smoke.
How to fix? Perform the fireplace in a small amount of firewood. 2-3 logs and several beams laid down under the rear wall of the fuel is quite enough.
The fireplace smoke in the house. What to do?
The question is why the fireplace smokes, often worries those who are faced with this phenomenon. You need to understand the reasons for the unpleasant phenomenon and find the way to eliminate them. Among the main reasons, obvious general constructive errors and violations of the principles of operation of the fireplace, chimney and smokebone are usually considered., errors made during the installation of parts of the structure.
Fireplace design errors
The effectiveness of the fireplace largely depends on the observance of very strict tolerances and relationships regarding the size of the fireplace itself, its parts and the area of the room from which air is sucked up for traction. The design of the chimney is the thinnest part in the entire structure of the fireplace.
- Incorrectly calculated chimoner. Insufficient for the passage of smoke, the size of the high fireplace prevents its complete departure to the chimney channel, and if the cross section of the chimney canal is selected incorrectly, then the problem only exacerbates. The excessive increase in the high fireplace halal leads to low air resolution, which ceases to strive for a hole. In this case, you will have to redo the smoke collection.
- The incorrectly calculated furnace dimensions, which should be in a certain ratio with the fireplace portal. In the range from ½ to ⅔. With excessive depth of the firebox, correction is made, laying it, with insufficient. Reducing the masonry. The reason for the return of smoke from the fireplace may be the low location of the smoke tooth. The problem is eliminated by an additional row of bricks on this element of the structure.
- The fireplace smokes due to error in the calculations of the chimney, the height of which is usually made significantly more than that of a similar stove channel. The return of smoke can be associated with an insufficiently wide head of the pipe, the absence of elements of wind protection, the incorrect ratio of the cross section of the chimney channel and the furnace space of the fireplace. If necessary, the shutter shutter is replaced, which can limit the passage for smoke.
- When bringing a fireplace to a previously constructed chimney, the appearance of straight angles on the path of smoke should be avoided. For vertical joints, the maximum angle value should not exceed 60 ° to the horizon. All joints previously mounted at straight angles will have to disassemble and change the corners. Sometimes the installation of additional sustainers for soot helps.
- Why the fireplace smokes. The cause can become the cause and incorrectly calculated, limiting the flow of air into the furnace from below or creating reverse traction. If the reverse traction occurs, the complete overlap of the blowing helps, with a lack of air leaks in the room, you will have to create an additional influx from the outside. If possible to make such an influx from the underground, it is better to make this decision in order to receive air warmer than street. A sign of insufficient oxygen is a dark and sluggish flame in the fireplace.
Errors of the installation of the fireplace and chimney
Deterioration of traction in the chimney canal can cause a smoke smoke, returning smoke to the room. The drop in traction can be caused by masonry programs in the chimney, the appearance of cracks associated with insufficient quality of the solution. The suction of the outdoor air will begin through the cracks, and the thrust along the normal route. From the firebox of the fireplace. Will significantly decrease.
To detain the passage of smoke in the chimney can cause irregularities of the walls of the canal and accumulation of soot and them. The fireplace can smoke due to weak insulation of the walls of the chimney in the attic space. All these shortcomings are eliminated after a thorough examination of the pipe in search of cracks, a thin layer of insulation, programs spilled out of the masonry of the solution. Of great importance is attached to the removal of construction garbage from the smoker. An additional layer of plaster will help restore or improve the pipe insulation.
Operating errors, due to which the fireplace often smokes
The fireplace can smoke, that is, return the air flow to the room due to the use of raw firewood that reduces the thrust, or the appearance of drafts in the room. In this case, the mutual location of the doors, windows and fireboxes of the fireplace matters. Often to stop smoking the fireplace, it is enough to close the door or window. The regular removal of soot from the chimney helps.
Practical solutions. How to make so as not to smoke a fireplace
To restore the correct ratios in the size of the chimney and the fireplace portal, you can resort to reducing the area of the portal by laying the asbestos.Cement strip. It is selected much wider than the portal, so as to block part of its passage from above. After stopping the smoke, the strip begin to gradually raise until smoke appears again. This will be a signal that the optimal area of the portal is found with the largest cross section for blessing work. Having found a reason in this way and finding a solution method, part of the space is closed with a decorative metal curtain.
The second way to eliminate the smoke smoke is to change the size of the smoke tooth by installing a metal plate or change the size of the passage of the smokers. You can limit the dimensions using a metal hail. You can increase the area of the passage and the spill of the edge of the smoke of the fireplace, but this is a rather risky path.
As a diagnostic measure, to find out why the fireplace smokes, sometimes the outburst of supply and exhaust ventilation of the forced type is used. It creates additional pressure drops that violate the natural course of air flows in the chimney and the fireplace portal. Forced air outflow helps if you install a fireplace fan in the passage of the chimney. It is mounted on the head of the pipe, taking the control panel into the room. This decision can compensate for the loss of traction at a low pipe height.
Installation of a fireplace fan requires special attention to the power supply system. When the power is stopped, it blocks part of the pipe and creates an additional obstacle to the passage of smoke. This is a serious danger. At night, not just smoke can occur, but a strong accumulation of carbon monoxide in the room, which can cause poisoning and death of people, since this gas does not have a smell.
Official service center
Comprehensive approach to tasks
Cleaning the chimney before starting the heating season by specialists
The chimney cleaning service is available at Domotekhnika: specialists of the heating industry will conduct a full range of measures for service smoke channel service:
- Inspection of the internal contour of the chimney for the presence/absence of pollution, garbage, soot growths and condensate. Cleaning the internal circuit from any detected pollution using special devices.
- Inspection of the external contour of the chimney for the presence/absence of damage, cracks, depressurization, inspection of the condition of the joints and fasteners, isolation. Elimination of any detected defects and damage in the operational time.
- Prompting the heating device, checking the level of traction, the quality of flue gas output, complex testing of the performance and safety of heating and smoke exhaust equipment.
- Drawing up an act of work and provision of warranty obligations.
Attention! In the case of independent cleaning of the smoke channel, it is recommended to observe fire and technical safety measures, as well as use specialized devices. Ruff, cargo cable and others.
If the stove is smoke in the house, first of all you need to check the traction. Throw a lit paper into the furnace and see if smoke stretches into the pipe. If so, everything is fine. If he tries to break out into the room, this speaks of bad thrust. Most likely, you need to clean the chimney. There are more modern methods of verification using special.Designs. A differential pressure gauge, anemometer, a burdens, but they only have professionals.
If the stove has not drowned for a long time, you can heat the chimney with burning paper and small chips
Return rod troubles are eliminated by warming up the chimney pipe. You can do this through the cleaning door as high as possible, by opening a boron in the attic or throwing burning paper at the output. Experiments with cunning cellulose are carried out if the first two methods have not worked. So that this problem is not, the stove needs to be regularly drowned.
Burning paper will help to eliminate gas traffic jams. But you need to burn it in a furnace with an open door, laying one sheet after another. You can also use chips, consistently throwing them with a handful.
So that the stove can work normally, install deflectors on the top of the pipe. These devices create an obstacle to wind gusts:
Relaxing Fire Burning for 1.5 Hours on FIREPLACE Ultra HD 4K
- Air flow hits the wall of the cylinder.
- He delays the many small “breeze” and weakens.
- Weak flows rise through the pipe and merge with smoke, pulling it out.
Deflectors enhance traction, interfere with the creation of twisting and returning smoke to the chimney.
Causes of smoking of the fireplace into the house
Subside can occur in various ways. The most unpleasant situation occurs with an erroneous design of a new fireplace, when a reverse traction is created and the caustic one was able to fall through the fireplace window into the rooms. Here you need a consultation and assistance to a specialist who converts in this matter to suggest possible solutions to the problem. Design errors are possible different:
- The smokebreaker is unsuccessfully designed (too small or vice versa huge). You will have to be shifted again;
- The ratio of the depth of the firebox with the height of the portal (1/2 or 2/3) is not observed. You can lay or expand the furnace;
- Inappropriate assembly of the chimney (the height should be higher than in a conventional furnace; the section must correspond to the total size of the fireplace). You can try to replace the shieber flap or completely shifting the chimney;
- Inappropriate design blown up (creates reverse traction). You can just by closing the door or provide an additional air supply (drill holes or select several bricks from masonry);
- The use of an inappropriate pantry solution leads to the formation of cracks or a fragrance (traction is disturbed). It will be enough to close all the holes.
Seriously, you should take the choice of fuel material, because poor.Quality raw materials are one of the main reasons why the fireplace smokes into the house. Raw freshly chopped firewood contain a large amount of moisture, which, evaporating. Winding logs should be completely dry, clean, without traces of moss, fungus and mold. After all, disputes of parasitic mushrooms, mixing with smoke, can cause very severe poisoning.
Inspect the chimney in time, because this is a favorite place for nesting birds. Fluttered nests and other garbage (fallen branch or falling brick) and even a banal accumulation of soot on the walls of the pipe reduce the width of the chimney, as a result of which smoke goes into the house.
Cold air in a chimney is one of the reasons why the fireplace smokes into the house. In order to warm it up enough to set fire to a rolled newspaper and in just a couple of minutes a normal craving will appear, so you can kindle the focus.
Errors in the installation of equipment
Incorrectly installation of the fireplace cause smoke entering the room. Violation of traction in the fireplace fireplace causes an incorrectly selected pipe height, the inconsistency of the diameter of the aggregate power, too much angle of inclination of the elements of the pipe.
Fireplace fireplaces are susceptible to drafts. Avoiding smoke from such fireplaces allows you to install glass doors.
What to do if the fireplace smokes
Understand the reasons why the fireplace smokes, and then eliminate them, it is not easy. Below we consider the most likely of them. These may be design and installation errors, as well as improper operation.
Errors in design
It is very important for the fireplace to choose the right size, which are calculated on the basis of the area and volume of the heated room, and observe their proportions
Particular attention should be paid to the designs of the chimney
- – unsuccessful construction of the smokers. With a small volume of smokers, or hail, smoke does not completely go into the chimney. The same happens with insufficient area of the section of the chimney. With too large, the hile creates insufficient vacuum. Alteration of the smoke collection is necessary.
- – Topka. The depth of the firebox should have a ratio with the height of the fireplace portal from 1/2 to 2/3. If the firebox is too deep, it can be laid, if small. Increase. If the smoke tooth is located too low, the fireplace can also smoke. An additional row of bricks laid on a smoke tooth can solve the problem.
- – The design of the chimney. The height of the pipe for the fireplace should be higher than for a regular furnace. The cause of smoke may be a narrowed pipe head, or the absence of wind protection on it. The section of the chimney should correspond to the size of the fireplace. If the shuther fence narrows the passage for smoke, it should be replaced.
The fireplace pipe can be brought to an existing chimney. In this case, all connections and turns should not have right angles, thereby creating additional resistance.
To eliminate smoking, you need to redo the chimney. In this case, the joints made at right angles are disassembled. Vertical joints of pipes are recommended to be performed at an angle of 60 ° from the horizon.
It may be necessary to install additional cleaning to remove soot.
The unsuccessful design of the blowing can also be the reason why the fireplace smokes. Here is the whole thing in the reverse traction that could create. In this case, it will be enough to close it.
With insufficient flow of oxygen, the burning of firewood will be lethargic and the flame has a dark color.
The use of low.Quality materials for the pantry of the solution can be the cause of the formation of cracks in the chimney, or a fragrance, especially in the attic. Air leaks will deteriorate the craving. The chimney can be clogged with construction garbage and solution.
Uneven walls of the chimney will additionally collect soot. Insufficient insurance of the chimney in the attic can also be the cause of smoke. To eliminate it is necessary to carefully examine the pipe and close the cracks.
Pipe plastering additionally insulate the chimney.
The cause of smoke will be raw, rotten and dirty firewood, or drafts. Do not unnecessarily open the windows and clap doors. Perhaps the chimney has not been cleaned for a long time, and it is clogged with soot.
Practical tips for eliminating smoke
If the size of the fireplace portal and the pipes are not observed, you can try the following. The asbestos.Cement strip is taken, the width of which is slightly larger than the width of the fireplace portal, and is applied from above to the smoking fireplace. The area of the portal decreases, and the fireplace stops smoking.
Now it should be raised a strip up, gradually increasing the area of the portal, until smoke appears. Thus, there is an optimal position of the strip, when there is no smoke and the portal has the largest section.
Now it remains instead of a strip of asbout cement to install a stationary decorative veil from a metal strip.
It is possible to eliminate smoking by changing the upper section of the smokers, or install a metal plate on a smoke tooth. It is possible to install a metal high.
To increase the area of the section of the chimney, you can try to cut the edge of the tooth. This technique is quite risky and is used as an extreme measure. To determine where the smoke goes when burning, the mirror is used.
If the room has a supply and exhaust ventilation, this can be the reason for smoking. Disconnect ventilation and look at the result.
This solution may have an effect with an insufficient pipe height, but it has a number of disadvantages. The danger is that in the case of disconnecting electricity, a non.Working fan will create an additional resistance to the yield of smoke gases.
If this happens during a night sleep, the consequences can be very sad.
What to do if the chimney is smoke
Smoke from a burning fireplace is a familiar phenomenon, since during combustion of wood fuel, smoky gases are formed that rise up. Whether they go to the chimney or the room will go to the premises and the most common question depends. What to do if the smoke leaves for other purposes, but goes straight to the room with the fireplace?
First you need to determine the cause of smoke and the place where the smoke comes out.
Most often, smoke is associated with a malfunction of the chimney or the absence of traction in it, which rests against the irregular design of the fireplace.
Nevertheless, the fireplace may simply not be operated and create such an unpleasant situation as the smoking gases entering the room. Therefore, to take without accurately established the cause of any action is not worth.
First you should decide how the smoke behaves in the fireplace. Whether the child goes from the fireplace or the smoke seeps through the masonry or the fireplace simply dies? Depending on these characteristics, it is possible to establish malfunctions that cause smoke.
If the smoke seeps through the masonry, then everything is simple here, and it must be strengthened or stacked. If the fireplace is blessed or subsurients inside, then the reason lies in the clogged chimney. Although this may be a more serious problem in the design.
Reasons for smoke, or why smoke does not fall into the chimney?
To establish a problem, it is worth starting from the following reasons for smoke:
- Unprofessional laying of the fireplace. An error in the calculations, ventilation in the room is not taken into account, the incorrect ratio of the proportions of the chimney and the fuel, which leads to the release of part of the smoke into the room, while the main part still goes up;
- Incorrectly selected place for the fireplace. The fireplace is located between the two windows, near the front door or stairs, which affects the distribution of smoke along the room, and not inside the chimney;
- Not an easy design of the smoke channel, which creates the resistance of the movement of smoky gases, pushing them back into the room;
- Insufficient tightness of the chimney. The smoke seeps through the laying into the room at the moment when most of it goes for its intended purpose;
- Low air exchange in the room-due to poor circulation of air and the absence of freely ventilated space, smoke stagnates in the pipe and enters the fireplace hall, this is the lack of air for the normal combustion of firewood and maintaining the chimney’s thrust;
- Improper operation of the fireplace. For a long time not an cleaning chimney, the owners ignorance of the operating instructions, its banal absence;
- Poor.Quality raw materials for kindling. Smoke from which he does not want to rise up, but creeps along the bottom, practically without leaving for the chimney;
- The features of the room and the availability of ventilation in the house are not taken into account. Hoods and ventilation ducts that affect the distribution of air flows in the house, preventing smoke from going into the chimney;
- Surrounding and natural factors. Atmospheric precipitation, pressure drops, chicken weather, trees nearby and high.Rise houses nearby;
- Strong accumulation of soot in a chimney pipe and narrowing chimneys, the presence of foreign objects in the chimney. Garbage, bird nests, and so on, any other mechanical causes associated with the construction and properties of the chimney pipe.
How to eliminate the problem of smoke?
It should be understood that the fireplace has a mechanism not easy to interconnected with the environment. It is a whole system from the room, fuel, chimney and atmosphere, which closes again on the room.
It is very important to correctly calculate all the conditions for building a fireplace, which often remain unaccounted for. Because of what, then many people are faced with the problem of smoke from the chimney, which is not solved as simply as we would like. It largely depends on the above reasons, based on which should begin further action. For this, it is necessary not only to establish the problem, but also to find its resolution, which is very difficult.
It is best to consult with experts, and not go into the chimney on your own, which can adversely affect not only the fireplace, but also on health. It is also worth taking care of the calculations of the movement of air flows in the room with a fireplace and throughout the house.
Since each problem with fireplace is individual, then the solutions for all cases are different.
- If the chimney is closed, an extraneous object is present in it, then it should be cleaned immediately to avoid poisoning with smoky gases. In the case of their fast cooling. The chimney should be insulated.
- If the reason lies in the design of the chimney, then there are no other options, except for rebuilding the fireplace. The same low chimney will have to be raised, and very high. Underestimate.
- In the absence of traction, it is worthwhile to achieve the required air movement by numerous samples so that smoke gets into the chimney. In the case of severe discharge, you need to open the door or window, and if the craving weakens, then eliminate the air leak.
In addition, how correctly the fireplace is inflated and what firewood is used for its kindergarten also depends on the ingress of smoke into the chimney, and not past it.
Therefore, it is necessary to be extremely careful with the fireplace and at the slightest ingress of smoke from it for other purposes. It is worth immediately eliminating problems with the chimney in order to avoid further troubles.
Over the past years, the installation of home fireplaces has been gaining more and more speeds. Such a design solution gives the house of charm and unique style. However, this is enough.