First of all about the prohibitions. Yes, yes, dear reader, I have no doubt that you are full of enthusiasm and striving to perform the transfer of a gas pipe in the kitchen by yourself. However, still take the limitations I listed as seriously as possible:
The transfer of a riser pipe must be calculated and approved. It is usually denied.
- You can not use polyethylene and plastic pipes in general inside the premises. SNiP 2.04.08-87 in point 4.85 explicitly states that polyethylene is prohibited for installation in residential buildings, and in paragraph 6.2 tells you what materials should be used;
Excerpt from SNiP: inside buildings and constructions gas pipelines should be made of steel pipes. To connect the gas appliances allowed to use rubber or rubber-fabric hoses (read reinforced gas hoses). However, it is still recommended to use rigid liners.
- Common plugs, ball valves, and gate valves on gas supply inlets and risers should not be shut off. If someone is cooking at the time you shut off the gas, the fire will go out and continue to flow into the kitchen area after starting. The result of this development is usually described in reports on TV by casual witnesses: there is no one to tell about it from tenants;
Captain Hindsight suggests: for any work related to the disconnection of the riser pipe and carried out by specialists of gas services, it is necessary that the tenants of all apartments are at home. At start-up, all occupants are notified in person.
Gas taps should not be touched in the entryway. Categorically.
- Finally, the main thing: PB (safety regulations) 12-368-00 prohibit any gas works carried out by people who have not been instructed and tested on the safe methods of work.
Simply put: any gas appliances should be connected only by a representative of the gas supply company or a licensed gas equipment service company.
And what will be
If you are incredibly lucky and you do not have the necessary knowledge and practical experience, do not allow a gas leak, your amateurism will be revealed at the first scheduled inspection of gas equipment by the representatives of the gas service.
The consequences are unpredictable: they can turn a blind eye to your work and make a protocol of administrative violation that endangered the life and health of people.
Worst-case scenario Camradas, I will not spoil your mood. What is a gas explosion in an apartment building is known to all.
Instructions for relocating pipes in the kitchen and general rules for carrying out the work
If you decide to remove the gas pipe or move it from one place to another, you must follow certain instructions.
The preparatory phase of the work
Before carrying out the repair work, you must take care of the following:
- It is necessary to contact the masters and find out from them what consumables are needed for repair;
- The area of the kitchen, where the repair work will be carried out, should be free of furniture and any other items of interior;
- The furniture left in the room and other valuable items that can not be taken out, you need to cover the tarpaulin or burlap;
- The gas supply to the appliances is stopped by means of a valve.
Technology of carrying out basic repair works
To carry out the transfer of the pipe in the right place, it is necessary to adhere to the following instructions:
- After shutting off the gas on the riser, blow out the pipe to remove debris and dust.
- Excess elements are trimmed according to the existing plan.
- The resulting hole is closed by a special plug.
- Make a hole in another part of the pipeline to be used later on for connection of a new element.
- The new pipeline is welded to the created hole.
- Assemble other elements of the gas system, if it is stipulated in the project documentation.
- A valve is installed for shutting off the pipeline.
- To seal the formed joint, hemp is used.
- Connection of a stove or other gas consumers.
- Check the quality of work done, the reliability of connections and the absence of leaks.
- Most companies carrying out the repair of the gas system, provide a report on the work performed.
Rules of carrying out of installation works
To effectively operate the gas pipes, it is necessary to adhere to the following rules during the next repair:
- Before you begin repair work, be sure to shut off the gas in the entire riser. Any manipulation under pressure is prohibited;
- the gas distribution network must in most cases be made by welding;
- demountable joints are only allowed in the areas where shut-off valves, meters or gas consumers are installed;
- any demountable joints must be easily accessible for repair or inspection;
- gas piping must be installed in open areas of the walls;
- if there are several gas consumers in the house, a shut-off valve is placed in front of each of them;
- in areas where people are actively moving, the pipeline must be at a height of 2.2 m from the floor or more;
- when installing flexible pipes their length must not exceed 3 m;
- pipe joints must be rigid and reliable, because it is the most vulnerable point of the entire system;
- If the pipelines cross the walls, they must be laid in specially arranged cases;
- Steel pipes through which the gas passes must be painted to protect against corrosion.
If you adhere to these rules and involve only specialists in the work, the transfer of pipelines will happen without problems, and the created system will function without failure.
Alas, advice on the Internet can not always be useful. Other craftsmen recommend creating a closed box of plasterboard for the gas pipes, and then decorate it in any convenient way. However, if such a design will be noticed by the gas service. you will not only have to get rid of it, but also to pay a fine. So, solving the problems yourself, remember to follow the five main rules of safety:
- Connections must be easily accessible. This is necessary in order to quickly prevent a gas leak in the event of an accident. Sometimes non-compliance with this aspect costs the owner of the house and the housemates health or life.
- Pipes can not be covered tightly. Otherwise, in the event of a leakage, the gas will accumulate in the box, increasing the risk of explosion. So any decorative design must have openings for ventilation.
- It is forbidden to move the pipes yourself. Such work can only be done by specialists (after coordinating their actions with the special services). If the gas company refuses to relocate your pipes. then it could be dangerous.
- Communication systems should be painted regularly. This is done to prolong the life of the pipes by preventing corrosion. Of course, the cover must be easily removable, so that you can get to the communications with a brush.
- Great care must be taken when working on pipes. Communication systems should not be damaged in the course of decorative work. It is also forbidden to hang on them any building materials that place additional load on the support.
Thus, it is forbidden to relocate the gas pipes yourself. But the law allows them to hide, if the decorative design meets certain requirements. But what, after all, is the threat to the person who violated the rules and moved the communication systems?
The consequences of an unauthorized transfer
If you by some miracle, not having the necessary skills and knowledge, were able to move the pipes yourself to a new place without allowing a gas leak, then be prepared for the fact that your offense will be discovered by the gas service at the first inspection of the equipment. The consequences of an unauthorized transfer can be unpredictable, since it depends on human error. One employee may turn a blind eye to it or do not notice the transfer because of his inexperience. Another will write a report of the offense and report it to the administration, which will then result in a fine. However, even if you can avoid a violation of law, remember that by relocating the gas pipe you risk not only your life but also the health of others.
Norms for the installation of gas piping
The proprietor of an apartment is recommended to get acquainted with the basic requirements to the location of gas piping and equipment before coming to the masters. This will save a significant amount of time during the work and control the activities of the master. The basic information on this subject is given in the document SNiP 2.04.08-87.
Budget Kitchen Renovation-Episode 6: Running a New Gas Line
Requirements for Gas Pipes Location
The document clearly states the requirements for the final location of gas pipes:
- Free access to the gas pipe must be maintained, and all measuring and metering devices must be kept in the visible area.
- Valves must be in an accessible place to shut off gas to the apartment. They must never be masked or left behind large cabinets. The gas shut-off must be accessible at all times.
- According to the requirements any gas pipe must be at least 200 cm from the floor.
- The horizontal part of the gas inlet in the apartment must always remain untouched. It must not be shortened in any way, let alone removed completely. But there are exceptions: on the upper floors of apartment buildings with this pipe can be made some manipulations.
Important! For residents of the upper floors there is a kind of indulgence in the form of a location of the tap at a height of 75 cm from the floor. This allows you to simplify the process of organizing the kitchen space, without compromising safety.
The choice of material and how to perform the work
After cutting the parts of the pipe it is sometimes necessary to put them back together. Welding is used for this. When connecting the various gas appliances. Connectors for taps and regulators.
During the works with the gas pipes, it is necessary to stop the supply of the resource in the entire riser for a while to avoid leaks. To do this, call the special services, which are considered representatives of the gas company. Do not cut off the gas supply by yourself.
How to Shorten a Gas Pipe to Fit an Oven | Ask This Old House
Flexible hoses can be used as materials. But their use is allowed only during installation of gas equipment and various metering devices. The maximum length of such hoses should not exceed 300 cm. Hoses are made of rubber hoses, which are braided with metal casing.
Other elements of the pipeline must be made of metal of appropriate quality.
General requirements and regulations for moving pipes
Before starting to carry out operations, you must ensure that there is functioning supply and exhaust ventilation system in the premises of your apartment. This means: 100% opening of windows, shutters, transoms. Be sure to have a free working ventilation duct, in which there is a flawless air draft.
If the walls and ceilings of the rooms are covered with flammable materials, all such surfaces in the apartment should be plastered or covered with sheets of thin metal before dismantling operations begin. LPG pipes are carriers of explosive substances. All kitchen gas appliances are high-risk appliances. Therefore, the location of stoves, columns, ovens are no less important than the way the pipes are laid.
The consequences of illegal movement of gas pipes contrary to the technical drawing documentation are severely punished by law. In the case of unauthorized change in the construction of gas pipelines, cutting off a piece of gas supply pipe, connecting household appliances, the perpetrator faces administrative and criminal penalties.
Unauthorized operations involving the relocation of gas lines are subject to a fine of 2,000. When, as a result of improper actions, improperly carried out works, people are hurt and injured, the perpetrator faces up to 5 years in prison.
Liability for relocating a gas pipe in the kitchen by yourself
Some apartment/building owners, after seeing an estimate on the relocation of the gas pipe, decide to save money and not to use the services of specialists, but to relocate the pipe in the right place themselves.
However, it is necessary to understand that such actions are not only illegal, but also dangerous for the tenants and for all people living in the house, because if the transfer is done incorrectly, there is a risk of explosion.
The company that supplies gas to the population has the right to apply these sanctions to the violator for unauthorized removal of a gas pipe:
If as a result of unauthorized actions of the apartment/building owner during or after the transfer of the gas pipe in the kitchen an explosion occurred or the owner’s actions caused the death of people, the owner can face criminal responsibility. up to 5 years in prison.
Relocating a gas pipe in your apartment: what you need to know
Transfer of a gas pipe in the apartment. a very responsible thing, so without proper skills and training perform it yourself is not recommended. The work of hired professionals will probably not be cheap, however, the cost for your safety will not be so great.
Let’s consider some aspects and nuances of the transfer of a gas pipe so that you roughly navigate in this business and have the opportunity to predict whether, for example, the pipe can be transferred to a particular place in your apartment, or only in a particular.
Relocation of the gas pipe in the kitchen cost
Relocation of a gas pipe in the kitchen of an apartment is one of the most responsible procedures, which are coordinated and approved by PETERBURGAS of the region.
To date, this is the situation in most homes built in the 60-80’s, because NOT the beautiful pipes are taken out in small kitchens and take up precious meters of space that could take elements of the kitchen or appliances.
But this is not the only reason for the transfer of the pipe in the kitchen:
- In remodeling, the tenants want to redo the gas distribution;
- Relocation of the gas stove;
- Relocation of the gas stove;
- Relocation of the gas meter.
- before relocation
- After the transfer
However, most residents face problems when they want to redo, transfer as the state gas service refuses to perform the work or calls unreasonably high and unrealistic deadlines.
- Moving the gas pipe to the 70 cm mark from the floor
- Relocation of the gas pipe to the mark of 70 cm from the floor
The complexity of transferring the gas pipe outlet in the kitchen is to make the rescheduling of gas pipes, while respecting all the technical norms and standards, which should be noted quite a few.For example, at least 70 cm. from the floor.
These requirements include notifying neighbors about the time of the work agreed in the gas service, because at this time the gas will be blocked throughout the riser and it will affect not only the customerIt is also necessary to comply with all sanitary norms, the main ones include:
- the pipe must always be accessible, it must not be hidden to be able to affect the equipment in case of an accident;
- the pipe must not cross door and window openings; all fixings must be made of steel.
Price of carrying over a gas pipe in the kitchen depends on the diameter of the relocated pipe, volume and complexity of technology works. The final cost will be set by the master on-site and put it in the bill of quantities to perform the work.
After the whole complex of works the employee of the company “Petersburg gas technician” Provide you with all the supporting documents, which if necessary, you can present to the gas distribution company.
for cutting gas pipes are indicative. To specify them you can by phone or on-site.
for the transfer of gas pipes also clarify by phone. The cost of relocating gas pipes varies depending on the complexity of the work.
|Work in progress||Price,|
|Gas stove connection||1990|
|Gas cooktop connection d/w||1990|
|Gas boiler connection||3990|
|Cooktop connection gas. stove (flexible connection)||190|
|Gas. stove (rigid supply)||490|
|Replacement (w/o) gas faucet 1/2’’||2490|
|Replacement (w/) gas hose||1990|
|Cutting of gas pipe, with 1/2 thread’’||5490|
|Cutting a gas pipe, with 3/4 thread’’||6490|
Tying into gas pipe
for work not listed in the table on the phone:
ALL work with gas in the apartment, including the removal of gas pipes, removal of the gas column, etc., are made WITHOUT turning off the gas in the entrance hall!
You must login or register to send a reply
Technical features of the work
To decide whether or not a particular gas pipe can be moved, can only be decided by the gas service of the city (district), which is responsible for the apartment. Even the minimal cutting of any element of the gas pipeline requires a permit from the relevant authority.
Peculiarities of the gas pipeline location
Since any work related to gas communications, belong to the category of increased risk, only specialized professionals with the appropriate qualifications have the right to perform them. The specialist must have a valid license and certificate.