How to paint a stove in a bathhouse. The choice of suitable paint
Many are interested in how to paint a brick stove in the house, because the old and faded masonry does not always harmoniously fit into the interior of the kitchen or room.
We will tell you how to paint a brick stove and how best to do it with your own hands.
How to paint a brick furnace. There are several options.
The photo shows what the painted stove looks like.
The operation of furnace equipment occurs in high and extreme temperatures mode, and this imposes a number of specific requirements on finishing materials:
- The coating should consist of refractory non.Combustible components that retain their properties at high temperatures;
- The finish should transfer significant temperature changes, because the difference between the heated and cold surface of the furnace can be very significant;
- The material from which the stove is folded, in the process of its operation, it undergoes noticeable temperature expansion, so the finishing coating should be elastic enough to level these changes in the geometry of the structure;
- The surface of the coating should radiate heat well. It is known that radiation in the infrared frequency range most actively occurs with dark coloring, moreover, matte and rough surfaces are better given;
- There should not be components that, when heated, will release harmful compounds and toxins into the atmosphere in the composition of the paint or varnish. The solvents containing in heat.Resistant enamels should quickly and completely disappear, and the paints should be prepared on the basis of water or non.Toxic solvents;
- Coatings for metal parts should withstand high temperatures. From 600 degrees and above.
A special operating mode imposes specific requirements.
Important! The purpose of the finish is different. If the walls and facades must be protected from moisture, solar radiation and biological corrosion, then the stove coating is applied for decorative purposes and for the convenience of cleaning the surface from dust and ash. If the walls and facades must be protected from moisture, solar radiation and biological corrosion, then the stove coating is applied for decorative purposes and for the convenience of cleaning the surface from dust and ash
If the walls and facades must be protected from moisture, solar radiation and biological corrosion, then the stove coating is applied for decorative purposes and for the convenience of cleaning the surface from dust and ash.
Applying varnish to the oven
For those who want to open their stove varnish, we have compiled a step.By.Step instruction:
- Before dyeing a brick furnace, it must be prepared: cleaned of dust and dirt, putty cracks and chips, repair flaws. To do this, you can mix brick flour with egg protein and milk and apply a brush to the surface with a warm stove in places where the surface is spoiled;
- After the repair compounds have dried up, open a jar of varnish and mix it thoroughly its contents. If the material is too thick, dilute it with a solvent of 646 or turpentine to the desired density (like in paint);
Open and mix the varnish, if necessary, dilute with a solvent.
- We apply a varnish with a brush with a hard pile. The first layer should fill all pores and irregularities, after drying it, apply the second layer that leverates the surface, and then we complete the process by applying the finish finishing third layer;
Gently apply varnish to the surface in three layers.
- Metal details paint from a spray can with refractory paint or enamel. Before applying the product, the product should be thoroughly washed and degreased with alcohol or solvent.
Important! Before applying the surface of the surface, it should be edged with a painting ribbon, so as not to clean the spots from everything that is around the painted area
Choosing a stove paint
The operating temperature for standard metal paint does not exceed 40-50 ℃, so it can not be painted too hot surfaces-it will take bubbles, lose its original color and may begin to smoke and smell unpleasant. Therefore, in this case, only special heat.Resistant ovens need to be used.
Which of the proposed paint options to choose will depend on the zone of its application. So, a metal furnace for a bath can heat up to 600-800 ℃ or more-in the burning epicenter, the temperature is even higher. But its outer walls may not heat up so much. It all depends on the design. Therefore, you need to know how to correctly install a stove in a bathhouse. If we are talking about a brick furnace, then its surface does not warm above 200 ℃.
Please note that heat.Resistant paint should be suitable for internal work. And for bath stoves you need a paint with moisture protection.
DIY paint materials
If there are any reasons why you can’t or do not want to buy special materials painting the oven, you can engage in their manufacture on your own.
- A solution of chalk or lime. To cook it, you will need only water and lime, which can be purchased in a large number of any construction store. The difference between these solutions lies only in the duration of their drying: when applying the first layer of chalk, it is necessary to wait for its complete drying, and layers of the lime solution can be applied immediately. To prepare the solution, you will need 1 kg of lime or chalk and 1.5 liters of water. To achieve strength in the final result, sodium salt is required to add sodium. 300 g of salt per 2 kg of staining solution. In the absence of salt, you can use carpentry glue. 100 ml of glue per 10 l of the solution, but such paint will be yellowish. To avoid this, you can pour 20 ml of blue into a staining mixture.
- You can paint a brick stove using natural varnish also. For its preparation, you need chicken eggs and milk in a proportion of one to one, as well as dust from bricks, which remains after the laying of the furnace. For processing one square meter of the stove, about a quarter of a liter of milk and 8 egg proteins are needed. To prepare such varnish, whipped egg whites and cow’s milk are added to brick dust until a thick consistency is formed. A well.Mixed solution is applied with a brush on a preheated furnace surface. The result is a flat red coating, which has increased resistance to temperatures and durability. To achieve a matte surface structure, you can cover it on top of the Oliphi. Natural varnish has disadvantages. In contact with a painted surface, traces may remain. To prevent this from happening, you can apply a solution of egg protein on top. Also, in the process of furnace furnace, the coating emits the smell of melted milk, which is a disadvantage for most people.
It is traditionally believed that the heat.Resistant coating depends on the color and even the shade of paint. For example, if you need to get the maximum level of resistance to heating, it is better to choose dark colors, brown or black. Typically, black stoves based on cast iron or siliceous steel are made black for the bathhouse.
On the other hand, red, brown, cream and even white colors are widely used for furnaces from alloy and stainless steel. Typically, the decision on what color to paint the furnace is made in accordance with the design of the room of the steam room and the whole bath.
We paint metal: tools
You can’t get by with one brush here. Because you can not paint the iron stove without cleaning and without first degreasing its surface.
Consequently, arm yourself with means of protection, a drill with a metal brush, degreasing compositions (the same acetone, for example), put the stove on a plastic film and start the process.
Factors that have a negative effect on paint
Before painting a bathhouse made of metal, you need to choose paint, and for this you need to take into account some important factors.
When choosing a paint, it should be taken into account the fact that the painted surface will be very heated. Therefore, standard options are not suitable here. Conventional paints on hot metal will not hold on, they will peel off or burn.
Another point that you should pay attention to when choosing a paint for a bath stove: any type of metal expands when heated. Therefore, for the furnace, the material with the lowest value of this indicator is selected. There is no metal that has an expansion indicator equal to zero. Accordingly, there is a high probability that the applied paint is cracking.
The next factor that should be taken into account when choosing how to paint a brick stove in a bathhouse is the formation in a bath of a large number of steam. As a result of high humidity, the paint begins to exfoliate.
Preparation and painting of the surface
The preparatory stage is simple, but all the stages should be carried out. Otherwise, they will receive a poor.Quality result, which will not stay long, the cost of many colors is high, so it is irrational to waste them. As a result, you need to get a surface without dirt and any impurities for painting.
- The surface is cleaned with a metal brush.
- Eliminate existing oxides using a 5 percent concentrated solution of sulfuric acid.
- Then the solution is removed using laundry soap.
- The furnace is degreased.
Before staining, check the expiration date and quality of the paintwork, it is important that there are no lumps and unnecessary impurities. The composition is thoroughly mixed so that all precipitation from the bottom is evenly distributed
Before staining, check the expiration date and quality of the paintwork, it is important that there are no lumps and unnecessary impurities
It is necessary to achieve an even layer, pay special attention to the angles and seams. In order not to stain the items nearby, they can be previously closed with a film
You can choose a brush, roller and spray gun with a tool. If the bake is small, then there is enough brush. The spray gun does not apply with all the compositions, you need to look in the instructions from the manufacturer. The walls of the furnace can be well tinted with a brush, but the accessories will be easier to cover evenly with the help of aerosol.
It is better not to rush in this matter, so that the paint is able to grab well and lasts a long time, reliably protecting the metal surface from moisture and high temperatures.
Furniture parts will be easier to cover evenly using aerosol.
How to paint a brick bathhouse
Painting the outer surface of a brick bathhouse does not require high heat resistance. The surface is rarely heated above 70-80 ° C. Unless near the furnace casting temperature can be higher. Therefore, heat resistance up to 200 ° C is enough with excess.
- Ecoterra. This is a heat.Resistant painting for a brick furnace with the highest heating temperature up to 400 ° C, applied to concrete, ceramic bases. Color-red-brown, matte surface.
- The anti.Corrosion heat.Resistant enamel Elcon can be used for a brick furnace with heating up to 700 ° C. The same manufacturer has a heat-resistant KO-85 varnish. It withstands the temperature up to 250 ° C. For decorative processing of the surface of the brick. What needs.
- Can be applied to brick and heat.Resistant paint for the stoves of the ceremony (Certa).
- Aerosol Bosny (Bosni) can be applied to ceramics (brick refers to this group of materials) and even glass.
- Co-8101 thermal coloring can be used for both metal and brick furnaces.
My 10 Metal “Gallon-Can” Projects! (10 yrs!) Stoves, Ovens, BBQ’s, Heaters, Distillers!. Easy DIY!
There are traditional ways to ennoble a brick furnace. If the brick is ugly, the stove is plastered, then they are whitened with lime or chalk solution. In order for the surface to be smoother, after plaster it can be sparse, and so that hands or clothes do not get dirty, instead of traditional lime and chalk use a water.Based emulsion. While it dries, the water emulsion smells unpleasantly, but later there are no smells. It, of course, can be stabbed in any color, or paint the stove with patterns.
If you paint the metal parts of the brick furnace, the rest of the surface must be protected
If you need to paint the metal parts of the furnace, select the composition of those that are suitable for metal furnaces with a temperature of 800 degrees and above. First, the details need to be cleaned of old paint, dirt and rust to clean metal. Then the surface around the door (painted most often) click with paper (fasten with masking tape) and you can paint. If you use aerosol heat.Resistant paint, close the surface of a large area: one wrong movement and you will have to repaint and the main surface.
How to Paint Appliances. SAVE HUNDREDS