To maintain the attractive appearance of your refrigerator, it is best to use gentle cleaners that do not contain coarse particles. Non-abrasive cleaners can be used on all surfaces, including stainless steel and colored finishes. This is the delicate method you can use to refresh a household appliance:
- Before starting restoration work, clean the surface of dirt;
- Dampen the surface of your fridge with a soft cloth;
- Apply a mild, non-abrasive cleaning agent;
- Wipe the surface with a sponge, taking care to move in the direction of the structure;
- Rinse off the remaining product with clean water;
- After drying, polish the refrigerator door with a special product.
The only disadvantage is the high cost of cleaning agents.
Scratching Black Stainless Steel Appliances
If deep scratches appeared on the silver-colored refrigerator, you can hide them by using sandpaper. In this case, the main thing is to find out what grit of paper is best, clarifying this issue with the manufacturer of the household appliance. After that, the procedure includes the following steps:
- Wet the surface with water and keep it wet while sanding.
- Moisten the paper with water and sand the scratches, working along the texture of the steel.
- Smooth out the sanding by treating the area around the damage.
- Wipe dry with a fibrous cloth.
- Rub the area with olive oil.
How to Fix Scratches on a Black Refrigerator
- Stainless steel dishwashing detergent
- fine grit paste (slurry) for polishing stainless steel and copper;
- A mild polish for stainless steel;
- whitening toothpaste.
- A scratch on brushed stainless steel can be removed with a nail polishing block.
- Whitening toothpaste can be used as an abrasive. Apply it to the damaged area and rub it with a soft-bristle brush or soft cloth along the texture of the metal.
- polishing with scouring agents;
- Use of a special converter;
- applying baby oil to the scratch;
- rubbing in toothpaste that does not contain crystals or granules;
- Using sandpaper;
- Purchase a special scratch kit.
- Paint with acrylic compound for metal surfaces;
- Automotive nitro enamel;
- Epoxy or polyurethane paint can also be used to paint the refrigerator.
Replacing the damaged part
Sometimes manual work does not yield the proper results. In this case, you may need to completely replace the damaged parts. To do this, you need to contact a specialized center or directly to the manufacturer of the product. All necessary information on replacing the door, walls or other parts can be obtained from the dealer or the manufacturer.
All necessary information on replacing the door, sides or other parts can be obtained from the workshop staff or the manufacturer.
See alsoDesign of the kitchen studio: what to look out for?
Try to remove small scuffs with any children’s oil
To mask small defects from the surface of the refrigerator, you can use baby oil. The procedure is as follows:
- Put a few drops of oil on a soft cloth;
- gently rub the damaged area in a circular motion, as if rubbing the oil in;
- When the product has dried a little, remove the residue with a soft cloth.
Alternatively, you can use any vegetable oil or massage oil for this purpose, as long as its color is neutral. Due to its viscous structure, oil particles penetrate deep into the scratches and visually mask them. Of course, this method will not solve the problem completely, but only hides the scratch for a while. In the process of operation in this place will inevitably begin to accumulate dust and other contaminants. This method is suitable for any refrigerator and has its pros and cons. The pluses include the ease of doing the job, from the disadvantages it is worth noting the short-lived application.
How to remove scratches from a steel-colored refrigerator?
Buying a new fridge, we hope that it will serve us for a long time and not give us much trouble. Especially if it is made of stainless steel, which contains chromium. It forms a protective layer that can resist rust. But despite its resistance to corrosion, the metal itself is quite soft, it is easy to get dents and scratches that spoil the appearance of your kitchen helper. Deep scratches cannot usually be removed without the assistance of a qualified person and similarly qualified equipment. But small surface defects can be removed with a cloth and a mild polishing agent. Here are a few ways to remove scratches from your steel (silver) colored refrigerator.
- Use an old toothbrush (really old, since the bristles should be soft) and apply paste;
- with a small circular motion, along the texture of the surface material, apply the cleaner to the scratch and wait a few minutes to allow it to dry slightly;
spread a small amount of toothpaste on the plastic, about the size of a pea, then polish the plastic in a circular motion with the cotton pad. Moisten another cotton pad with water and rinse the paste off. polishing is complete!
Special Steel Scratch Kit
If the fridge body is covered with scratches of different depth and age, then the best solution would be to buy a special scratch kit. This includes several kinds of sandpaper, grease, and a sanding machine. The manufacturer also provides a disc with training material, so that the process of removing scratches will be easy, and most importantly successful.
Removing Scratches from a Powder Coat Refrigerator Door
To eliminate scratches you should proceed as follows:
- Take the finest sandpaper, attach it to the polishing block, apply lubricant and perform the polishing procedure.
- If it does not achieve the desired result, repeat the procedure with coarser sandpaper.
- If the scratches are eliminated, then you need to work (along the texture of the steel) the entire body of the appliance with the sandpaper that was used last.