Tips and recommendations on how to clean the drain filter in the Bosch washing machine
For complex household appliances, which belongs to the washing machine, prevention is necessary. Otherwise, active operation will quickly disable the machine.
One of the types of regular equipment care is to clean the washing machine filter. It is needed for normal operation of the drain pump. The filter serves as a barrier that protects the pump from extraneous objects entering the tank, pile from tissues, wool, hair and other garbage. The blockage of the filter makes it difficult to pump water from the tank and can cause a pump breakdown.
Therefore, we prepared an article-instruction on cleaning the filter and the main problems that the owners of washing are faced during cleaning.
Where is the drain filter in the washing machine
First, let’s figure out where to look for the knot we need. All cars are different in both brands and models. They differ in the type of loading of linen. But with all the variety of types of equipment, its manufacturers install filters at the bottom of the washing room next to the pump.
Since this is the internal part of the machine, it is closed on the outside with a hatch or a removable panel.
To make it easier for you to deal with your washing machine, we collected a photo table with the location of the filter at the main brands.
Внимание!В некоторых малогабаритных стиралках с загрузкой белья до 3.5 килограмм, фильтра-уловителя может не быть. Но такие модели большая редкость.
The reasons for the breakdown
The following are the main causes of the malfunction, as well as ways to eliminate them with your own hands.
An unusual buzz testifies to the blockage when the machine cannot drain the water. The reasons may be objects that are inside the pump or hose, into the pipe, sewage, or when the water is supplied.
There are two types of blockages. Mechanical arises when third.party objects fall into the hose: buttons, coins and more. They close the passage of water into the system. Natural blockage is when hair falls into the filter, fluff and other small garbage.
The first type of blockage is easy to warn. Before washing, it is necessary to carefully check all the s, fasten all the buttons and use special mesh bags for clothes. The second type arises over time, it is difficult to prevent it completely, therefore, once a month or less, depending on the frequency of use of the machine, it is necessary to clean the hose and filter.
The filter for mechanical water purification will warn the blocking hose, the main thing is to change it periodically, depending on the type of filter used.
Wear of the details
To the wear of the pump leads to third.party objects and garbage, while the machine begins to make a lot of noise. The average service life of the pump is 10-12 years. Operation time can vary and depends on the frequency of use.
Hard and dirty water lead to the formation of scale and reduce the service life of the pump. With each washing cycle, it is recommended to use water to soften water.
Practical recommendations to prevent wear of the pumping machine pump:
- Carefully clean clothes from pieces of dirt
- Check s before washing
- Install the filter at the entrance
- Use mitigating water products when washing
Before washing litter for animals, they should be well cleaned of wool (especially for owners of long.haired dogs and cats). It is wool and hair that becomes one of the reasons for the rapid wear of the pump.
- After the end of the washing cycle, drain the water from the tank to the end
- Periodically clean the external filter
- Compliance with recommendations increases the service life of the pump by at least 4-5 years.
Ways to extract the drain pump
In different models, the method of extracting the pump is different. The main methods and in which brands are most often found:
- Parsing the machine through the front panel (LG, Simens, Bosch, Aquastopian cars)
- Through the bottom, putting the machine on the side (Indesit, Ariston, Samsung, Ardo)
- Through the back cover (Candy, Electrolux, Zanussi)
- At verticals: through the side cover
Through the front panel (LG, Simens, Bosch, Aquastop machines)
- Take out a container for washing powder and softener.
- Remove the top cover. Usually it is attached on the back wall.
- Remove the control module. Dismantling carefully.
Now you can repair the pumping machine with your own hands. To do this, clogs are eliminated or the part is completely replaced.
Through the bottom (Indesit, Ariston, Samsung)
To dismantle the pump through the bottom follows:
- Disconnect the machine from the network, disconnect the hoses, lay it on the side
- Remove the front bar on the front panel behind which the filter lid is hidden
- Unscrew two fasteners that hold the pump
- Turn the pump counterclockwise and remove it from the grooves
- Unscrew the clamps holding the leading and excreting hose, remove the terminals
- Twist 4 bolts connecting the pump and filter
Through the back cover (Candy, Electrolux, Zanussi, Ardo)
The sequence of dismantling the pump through the rear panel:
How to remove and clean the pump filter in a Bosch washing machine.
- Turn off the machine from the network, unscrew the bulk hose
- Turn the screws holding the lid around the perimeter
- Pull the back cover on yourself, remove it
- Disconnect the power of the pump by removing the terminals
- Tilt the machine, unscrew 2 bolts holding the pump at the bottom
- Remove the clamps with pliers that hold the pipes on the pump
- Remove the drain hose, pull out the pump
Through the side cover (vertical washing machines)
In models with vertical loading, get the pump through the side wall in the following sequence:
- Disable the device from all communications, provide access to technology
- Remove the flood hose
- To unscrew the screws on the back wall along the edge (in some models the sidewall is held in the front) the model and remove the panel, pulling it over
- Remove the terminals
- Unscrew the screws holding the pump
Choosing a pump for replacement
You can buy a suitable pump both in specialized stores and on the Internet. Despite a large assortment, many models of pumps are completely interchangeable. Nevertheless, it is important to stop your choice on a device that is recommended by the manufacturer of a particular washing machine.
The pumps themselves are distinguished by a number of parameters, one of the most important. by type of fastening. There are:
- on bolts (mainly 3 bolts);
- on latches (depending on the model, from 3 to 8 pcs is involved.);
- using combined type mounts.
There are differences in power connection. Separate terminals or chips of a certain configuration can be used. Contacts themselves can be located in the rear or front of it. But the power indicators in most pumps are at the same level is approximately 19-20 watts.
Replacing the drain pump
The procedure for replacing the pump in the washing machine begins with the dismantling of a faulty device. But even before the start of work, it is necessary to carefully study the documentation that comes with the machine. The fact is that cars of various manufacturers have a different device. You need to understand the location of the nodes and assemblies and only after that take up the screwdriver.
For novice masters, the photographic fixation of each stage of work will not be superfluous. You will get a kind of manual with pictures that will help to avoid errors in the assembly process. This is not difficult because cameras are built into most modern phones.
Replacement of the pump through the bottom
It is enough to simply replace the pump in washing machines that allow the replacement through the lower panel. These are most models Samsung, Indesit, LG, Ariston and some other manufacturers.
It is necessary to perform a sequence of simple actions:
- turn off the power;
- close water;
- Put the car on the side, with the calculation for the pump to be from above;
- Remove the lower panel;
- unscrew or remove the drain pump from the clamps;
- bring a container for draining the remaining water to it;
- weaken the clamps holding the supply hoses;
- Remove the pump.
Be sure to clean the body (snail) of accumulated garbage and only then install a new device.
Replacement over the front cover
Not all models allow the replacement of the pump in the previous way, for example, Bosch, Siemens, AEG production devices. Here you have to act in another way. get to the engine through the front cover.
First of all, it is necessary to unscrew two fasteners located on the back panel, then remove the cover cover. Further responsible moment. the panel with control bodies is removed. To do this, remove the dispenser, unscrew two screws. Carefully remove the panel and put the car upstairs.
After that, weaken the clamp holding the cuff and tuck it inside the tank. Delete the remaining fasteners that holds the front panel. Remove her by pulling.
Access to the engine is open. It remains only to turn off the power wires, unscrew the pump (remove from the latches in some models) and replace it with a new.
Access to the pump after dismantling the lower bar
Perhaps the easiest way to replace the pump was proposed by the manufacturers of Hansa washing machines. Access to the pump is extremely simple. There is no need to disassemble the car, moreover, it does not even need to be moved. It is enough to simply remove the lower bar of the front cover, beyond which the pump is located. Further actions to replace will not cause difficulties.
Through the back or side cover
In most cases, to replace the pump in washing machines with vertical loading, it is enough to remove one side panel. Electrolux and Zanussi models allow you to access the pomp, removing the rear panel. Similar actions should be carried out for the repair of cars of some less common manufacturers.
You can replace the pump in any washing machine, it is important to prepare, study its device, understand the principle of operation. Machines of different manufacturers are different, universal techniques do not exist. But in any case, it is important not to forget before the start of work to turn off the power and remove the water from the car.
Instructions for replacing parts
When the pump failure was confirmed, you need to proceed to the final stage of work. You can buy a detail for replacement in specialized stores or Internet. To do this, you must call the manager a brand and model of the Bosch washing machine or show a dismantled element. The algorithm for replacing the drain pump is as follows:
- turn off both pumps of the pump, disconnect the supply wires;
- Using a screwdriver, unscrew three screws that connect the pump to the snail;
- Grasp the pump, carefully “break” the part to the bottom;
- remove the element from the machine;
- Prepare a new drain pump;
- Put a working element in the same place;
- fix the pump with bolts;
- Connect the terminals and two wires shot earlier;
- Fix the bottom of the washer;
- screw the garbage filter in place;
- Put the washing machine “on the feet”;
- Install the false panel back.
Replace the drain pump and beginner, the main thing is to clearly follow the instructions for actions.
After that, it remains to launch a test washing with an empty drum and observe the progress of the program. If the water drains freely, then everything is done correctly. In fact, the process of checking, dismantling and installing a new pump takes a little time. Of course, you can invite the master, but then you will have to pay several thousand for the diagnosis and repair of equipment.
Repair and replacement of the pump
After the part is disconnected, you need to check the pumping machine for the washing machine. Before disassemble the part, you should examine the impeller and all the holes and make sure that they are not clogged, hair, thread, wool and other garbage are not wound on the blades. You need to pull out the drain filter and inspect the part visually, and then try to crank it. A proper node should turn out with pauses due to the coils installed on the magnet. If there is no trash, the impeller rotates with difficulty, the device will need to be disassembled. This is necessary:
- Remove the pump cover, twisting the fasteners or turning it counterclockwise.
- Put the latches of the impeller body to disconnect it.
- If the cross is not amenable to, you need to warm the shank with a hairdryer, and then put a screwdriver.
- Remove and clean the magnet with the impeller.
- Remove the magnet from the shaft, the bearing will appear.
- Apply grease for the pump so that the bearing has properly function. If it is deformed, install a new element.
- It is also necessary to inspect all rubber gaskets. If it is noticeable that they are damaged, they will need to be replaced with new.
- Collect a pump in a reverse sequence.
Next, you need to call the pump. Procedure:
- Take a multimeter and set the voltage measurement mode.
- Put the probes on the contacts of the pump.
- If “1” or “0” shines on the screen, the node is faulty and the pump replacement is required.
- If the value consists of several digits, this says that the pump is intact, and the malfunction in something else, perhaps in the control unit. For accurate diagnosis and subsequent repair, it is recommended to contact professionals.
If you need to replace the drainage pump, you will need to purchase a new part. You can do this in a service center, a specialized store or via the Internet. In order not to make a mistake when buying, you need to call the seller an accurate brand and model of the washing machine or bring a faulty node. In the same way, one should do with other components that are subject to replacement.
To avoid breakdown of the pump, you need to follow a number of simple rules. Before loading clothes, it is necessary to ensure that there are no coins, buttons or other small items in the Women linen should be washed in a special bag: firstly, it spoils less, and, secondly, bones from bras are often falling off and cause damage to the washing machine. It is also necessary to correctly install the washing programs and regularly clean the drain filter.
If the washing machine does not pump out water, it makes extraneous sounds when draining, this indicates a malfunction of the pump. For repairs, there is no need to call the master, all work can be done on their own. To do this, you need to get to the pump, disconnect it, disassemble, carefully clean it, rush with a multimeter and replace if there is a need.
Bosch washing devices are considered the most popular in the market. The machines are of high quality, they do not create special problems during operation, but breakdowns sometimes happen. And you must be prepared for the fact that you will have to disassemble household appliances with your own hands.
Note that independent disassembly for repair is associated with a certain kind of errors. For example, problems arise after manipulations with a rubber cuff. Negality in your actions can cause unpleasant consequences. damage will appear that can only be eliminated by the complete replacement of the seal.
Another “weak” place is the contacts of electrical wiring that will have to be connected and disable repeatedly. If you act inaccurately, the integrity of these elements will be violated, which will entail instability in the operation of the washing machine and a poorly performed washing.
The lasse cover of the washing machine is not unscrewed.
In the washing machine, you periodically need to clean the pump filter and the impeller itself. Sometimes in these actions there is an acute need.
So it was with me, I had to face the fact that the pump did not pump out water from the machine, was clogged. In general, there is nothing complicated in this procedure, you unscrew the lid and clean. But alas, in my case, it was not possible to do this described above.
How to be if the pump lid does not twist
The machine stopped draining the water, trying to unscrew this very cork to clean the pump, and it is not in any way, even with the help of pliers. I immediately note that excessive effort with pliers should not be attached, since the plastic handle of this cork easily breaks.
I had to act radically, remove the pump!
The reason was that there were cotton sticks, several pieces- what they did in the laundry was in washing, it is incomprehensible? But these same sticks, entered the pump with a rubber hose with a “snail” to the washing drum and stood up there vertically.
And because this cover, it is not just a traffic jam, it has a special design from the inside. In the photo at the top, the extreme on the right, it is clear that two stacks on which the protective ring is located from the traffic jam. Thanks to this design, the pump’s impeller has some protection against small objects of the pump entering the pump.
And so, these cotton sticks entered vertically, partially remaining in a plastic pipe, they jammed the ability to unscrew the cork, it simply rested on their racks on them. But I found out only after I completely removed the entire pump from the machine.
Here is the whole block, the filter along with the motor and you need to remove it to be able to carefully clean it.
It is removed elementary. Disconnect the car from the outlet and disconnect the hoses if they interfere with the bottom, tilt the machine or even put it to the side after making sure that there is no water in it, if that, then the water needs to be drained.
Bosch Washing Machine Pump access cover removal
Disconnect the power terminal, and hoses from the pump pipe, for this you will need pliers to relax the clamps of fixing hoses on the pipes. Unscrew the fasteners from the front side and remove the pump. Now, through the opening of the pipe, it became possible to extract cotton sticks. The cover is released, it can be unscrewed for further cleaning, after which it remains to be assembled and installed in place.
The location of the element in the washer Bosch
On traditional apparatuses in horizontal loading, cleaning elements in most cases are located on the front panel. The models of old versions do not provide any plugs, so that the component protrudes a little outside. For new devices, such a cover has already become familiar.
Options for opening the cover:
- On the bottom of the front panel there is a special strip that occupies the entire region. Such a lid is attached on latches, the opening of which will allow the user to access the washing machine filter directly to the filter.
- On the right there is a small rectangular cover, which can be opened with a knife or screwdriver.
- A round hatch closes the element or opens it with a slight press.
Washing machines with horizontal loading are also equipped with filters. Most often, it is located in the front of the case behind a small lid of rectangular or round shape. At the same time, the removal of the component and the subsequent cleaning is not much different from a similar process on machines with horizontal loading.
Models of washing machines produced before 2005 did not contain drain filters. So looking for any lid will be useless.
On such devices, a snail could sometimes clog, the cleaning of which could not be done without separating the pallet and disconnecting the pipes.
After the user was able to detect the filter on the body of the washing machine, it is recommended to carry out a number of additional measures aimed at ensuring safety and convenience of cleaning the cleaning procedure.
First of all, you need to immediately turn off the power supply and block the flow of water. After that, you need to reject the car a little back and set up a basin under the lower part of the housing, and also stock up with rags to remove water.
Even with prolonged idle inside the car, a certain amount of water still remains, which can easily leak through the hole through the hole.
Do not forget to take care of the machine
Pumpling cleaning can be avoided if you care for the technique correctly. The bulk of the garbage enters the washing room through the fault of the “owner”, so it is better to reconsider your attitude to washing. So, the following recommendations will help to avoid blockages:
Bosch Washing Machine on Mix load#shortsviral
- use detergents marked “for machine guns”;
- Fuck strong spots on the hands;
- Wash clothes with decor in special bags;
- organize an input filtration system;
- regularly clean the garbage filter.
Bosch Maxx Reset
If dogs and cats live in houses, then it is recommended to clean the washer every month. In other cases, there will be enough cleaning every six months.
Features of the drain
To understand the causes and consequences of blockages, it is recommended to get acquainted with the drain system in machine guns. All washings have one drainage scheme, and Bosch is no exception. Briefly, the process of devastating the tank looks like this:
- The board gives the pomp with the beginning of the drain;
- The pump begins to work;
- The impeller starts, creating the right current;
- water from the drum enters the pipes;
- the liquid passes through the filter and moves to the pump;
- The flow enters the hose and goes to the sewer.
As soon as all the water leaves the tank, the press.steast “sees” the executed drain and gives the signal about the cancellation. The pump stops, and the cycle ends.