The first signs of the need for repair
The need to replace the rubber drum of the washing machine is indicated by the following situations:
- There is a puddle of water on the floor near the door or under the machine when the program is running.
- The door cannot be closed.
- A hissing or rattling noise is heard during the washing program.
In the case of manifestation of at least one of these problems, it is necessary to immediately stop the washing program, drain the water, disconnect the device from the power supply, take measures to determine the cause of the malfunction and fix it.
Instructions for changing the cuff of the Atlant washing machine with your own hands
The rubber seal (cuff) is one of the most vulnerable elements of an Atlant washing machine. Error loading the drum, active use of aggressive detergents, fungus and mold very quickly lead to the deterioration of the cuff.
The rubber ring loses its elasticity, stretches, is covered with cracks. As a result the door does not close tightly, causing leaks. The solution is to replace the rubber gasket.
A clear algorithm of actions will help to carry out repair work with their own hands, quickly and qualitatively. To replace the cuff on a washing machine atlant speak in article.
When the seal needs to be removed
Removing the old cuff and installing a new one is usually necessary in these situations:
Rubber seals break, as a rule, in the following cases:
- Low-quality detergents have been selected.
- There are often hard and heavy items in the drum, such as shoes or jackets.
- Sloppy loading of things.
- The washing temperature is too high.
- Keys, coins and other objects that can damage the rubber band have fallen into the drum.
Take a closer look at your CM to see if the gasket is no longer usable. There are a lot of symptoms that give away the violation of the integrity of the rubber cuff:
If you hear a crackling sound, it is very dangerous! Turn off the machine, drain the water, and replace the rubber band to avoid shorting.
Further repair consists of removing the rubber band. Next, we will tell you how to remove the cuff and do not mix up anything.
How to proceed
Before you can insert the rubber band into the washing machine, it must be properly removed. This is easy to do by removing the front panel, but it will take a lot of time.
Also, on some models the front wall cannot be removed. In that case, do this:
- Unplug the appliance by pulling the plug.
- Holding the door firmly, unscrew the door hinges. Remove the door.
- After unscrewing the collar, remove the collar using a screwdriver.
You have removed the rubber band. Before you put the cuff on the washing machine, you need to prepare the seating. Powder, sludge from tap water have been building up there over the years. Therefore, wash it in a soapy solution and, if necessary, sand it down with fine emery paper.
To make it as easy as possible to place the rubber band on the washing machine drum, lubricate the seating place with soap and water solution. Do not use any other lubricants as these would be absorbed by the drum during the wash cycle.
- Put the rubber gasket on the tank, referring to the markings.
- With the seal in place, tuck it inside the drum.
- Loosen the two screws, remove the door lock by loosening the connectors.
- Insert a screwdriver into the hole in the lock. It will hold the clamp in place.
- Carefully slide the inner clip on.
- Screw the clamp in place.
- Spread the edges of the cuff around the outer rim of the washer. Apply a solution of soap and water for convenience.
- Install the outer collar by tucking it over the lip of the cuff.
- Screw the hatch door back into place.
Now try to close the hatch. If it turns out easily. the sealing collar is installed correctly. Turn on the wash program to test the seal.
For how to insert the gasket in a washing machine with the front panel removed, see
Washing machine cuff: purpose, instructions for replacement and repair
Suspicion that the cuff for the washing machine has failed, arise if there are leaks of water from under the door of the running machine. If the reason for the leak is really a violation of the integrity of the rubber seal, do not get too upset. If desired, the tightness of the tank can be restored independently.
We will tell you how to replace with your own hands this important type of seal, which ensures the tightness of the water-filled tank during the washing. In our proposed article, the process of removing and installing a new cuff is described step by step. Our tips help you achieve a flawless result.
How to remove and replace?
Replacing a worn cuff can be divided into three steps:
- Disassembling the washing machine and removing the worn element;
- Installation of a new rubber seal;
- Reassembling the washing machine.
How to replace a washing machine door seal | Washing Machine Spares & Parts | 0800 0149 636
- Let’s remove the top panel (to do this, unscrew the fixing bolts located on the back wall);
- Remove the detergent dispenser (inside the tray, press the blue plastic “tongue”, pull the powder collector);
- Dismantle the control panel (to do this, unscrew the self-tapping screws located in the recess of the powder hopper, and then squeeze the special tabs that hold the panel).
Once the machine housing is disassembled, we can proceed directly to the process of removing the old worn rubber cuff.
- Remove the hose, secured on the collar joint;
- Remove the inner collar (holds the rubber gasket on the washer tank) for this flat screwdriver under the spring and pull the collar;
- Remove the rubber seal (collar) To remove the seal from the grooves, you must grasp the rubber firmly with your hands and pull towards yourself, do not be careful, because the old worn part will be thrown out anyway.
- Remove the sleeve from the worn seal and fix it on the new one.
- Install the new seal. Unscrew the part with the union upwards and put it in its seat.
- Before tightening the rubber seal it is necessary to check whether the arrow on the washing machine housing coincides with the arrow on the collar. Also it is necessary to check coincidence of technological grooves.
- Fix the rubber sealing collar with an inner clamp. To do this, stretch the spring a little, and then pull the collar onto the seal. To ease the process will help two flat screwdrivers that gently unclamp the clamp.
Once the inner collar is fixed, the tube is connected to the fitting on the seal, and the process of assembling the washing machine begins. Sequence of actions is the reverse of the dismantling process.
- Install the front panel;
- Put the LOS back in its original place;
- fix the external clamp;
- Insert the bottom decorative strip on the front panel into the latches;
- Assemble the control panel, insert the powder box, return the top panel of LG washing machine.
As soon as the last screw on the body is screwed in, the washing machine must be tested. To do this, start the rinse mode. If at the end of the process, there are no leaks detected, the repair was successful.
Where and at what price to buy a new rubber band?
The quality of the repair depends directly on what part will be mounted in place of the worn-out. It is important that the new cuff fully corresponds to the characteristics of the original, previously installed on a particular model of LG washing machine.
In order not to make a mistake, you must correctly tell the seller the model of the washing machine (numbers and letters are listed on the plate located above the hatch) and he will pick up a new sealant.
To buy a new cuff is better at official representatives of LG home appliances or in the service stations practicing repair of LG washing machines (contacts not difficult to find on the Internet).
Installation of the original cuff many times increases the quality of repair, reduces the risk of rapid wear and tear of the installed part. The cost of the original cuff on the washing machine LG varies from 2000 to 3000
How to replace and install a new one?
When the old rubber sealing collar has been removed, you can immediately install the new part. It must be done very carefully:
- On the upper part there must be a triangle-shaped projection. It is docked so that there is a match with the mark on the machine. To facilitate installation, the notch of the rubber can be lubricated with a couple of drops of liquid soap or shower gel.
- In the lower part, the marks and outlets must be used as a guide.
- The replacement process begins from the top. Holding the rubber band in position, it is necessary to tuck the seal in.
- Slide it to the left or right to gradually install the elastic band on the tank.
- After the gasket has been installed it is necessary to check the alignment of all marks.
- After the elastic band is installed, a clamp should be put on. This can be done by turning the edge of the seal inward. For ease of installation of the clamp, it should be undermined and guided with a screwdriver, constantly checking the position.
- After the clamp is put on, you should check its location and quality of fixing the rubber band. If the rubber is wrinkled or creased, straighten it out, eliminating the defect.
- If in doubt about the quality of the first assembly step the water should be tested to make sure the rubber seal is airtight. Fill the tank manually with water using, for example, a scoop or a large mug. If there is a leak, it must be repaired immediately. After the test the water should be drained.
- The outer part of the collar is assembled by pulling the rubber band on the body exactly around the perimeter of the hole.
- Install the outer collar in a recess over the entire piece so it fits into the recess designed for it.
If after putting on the rubber band it turned out that there was a displacement of marks, the part should be removed and reinstalled.
How to change the sealing collar in a washing machine by Indesit, will prompt
How to determine if the seal is kinked
Often you may not notice that the collar is twisted and a sign that there is something wrong with the hatch seal is the presence of water at the front of the device when washing. If in the process of running the program there is a clear leak from under the hatch, it is worth paying attention to some points.
Most seals have a top and bottom part which differ from each other by the presence of a special recess in the bottom for water drainage. This notch serves to prevent water from stagnating on the lip of the seal and spilling out when the tank is opened. If this groove is displaced relative to the vertical axis, then the collar has shifted and needs to be put back in place. It can be difficult to do, especially on machines equipped with a dryer function. The difficulty in removing/installing the seal is due to limited access to the fixing points of the clamps. Most often it is necessary to contact a specialist who has all the necessary tools to perform this work.