How to wash a bra by hand and return it to its snow-white color?
To whiten the bra when washing it by hand, you can use purchased remedies or homemade recipes. In the first case, it is best to use oxygen bleach, which should be diluted in water, according to the instructions on the package. Put the bra in the water, leave it for 8-10 hours, and then wash it.
If you can not buy oxygen bleach, there are homemade recipes. For example, such as this:
- Dissolve 3 Tbsp. л. salt and baking soda and 2 tbsp. л. powder.
- Soak bra for half an hour.
- After rubbing the problem areas to remove dirt, and rinse thoroughly. This is enough, but you can wash the bra additionally if you want.
You can use the recipe with vinegar. this method is especially good for cotton bras:
A lace bra can be whitened with ammonia alcohol:
- Add 30 ml of ammonia to 3 litres of water.
- Soak your bra for 2 to 3 hours. After washing, you can use conditioner to repel the pungent smell of ammonia.
After you’ve whitened your bra, wash it “clean”. There is nothing complicated about washing by hand:
- Dilute a detergent in a basin with water, preferably a liquid one, as it rinses out well.
- Dip the bra in water and wash it gently, paying attention to problem areas, if any. No need to twist or forcefully rub.
- Drain the dirty water and rinse the bra well in clean water.
- Do not wring the bra, especially those with bones. It is better to hang it to dry on a clothesline.
Below you can find instructions for removing various types of dirt, as well as reviews of laundry detergents and equipment for fabric care.
How to save a ruined bra
Illiterate washing, storage and use often leads to a poor outcome. The main problems that the mistress of the product can face:
- appearance of difficult dirt, stains, marks, and stains on fabric;
- Creases in the cups;
- Problems with bra bones (they may bend or pop out, ripping the fabric);
- Stretched straps.
Ways to deal with stains
If stains have appeared on the bra, they must be treated before the washing procedure, as soon as possible, while they are fresh. To remove stains, you should choose mild, delicate means that will not damage the delicate fabric of linen.
The most common stains include sweat stains, milk stains, blood stains, food stains, etc. д.
If the traces are fresh, then for their elimination is sufficient to wash the problem area with cool water and laundry soap.
If the garment has been left on, a dishwashing liquid can be used. Apply a small amount of it to the stain, place the thing in warm water for 1-2 hours, and then wash it in a normal way.
When the stains are tough, tried-and-true, gentle methods don’t usually work. You need to use household chemicals: stain removers and bleach. The choice of product depends on the material and color of the fabric from which the bra is made, and on the nature of the contamination. The bottle or pouch always carry instructions for use: dosage and directions for use.
The most popular remedies are those that can be used on your undergarments:
- Chlorine-free all-purpose stain removers that can remove stains from all kinds of clothes: Clean Home, Cotico spray, Ears Nanny. These products work very gently. They can be used for soaking, spot application to soiling, or to enhance the action of laundry detergent.
- Frosch bleach. Works on light-colored bras of all materials. Dirt is removed by soaking or applying to the stain area.
- Chlorine-containing bleach “Belizna. Safe to use only on light coloured bras made of natural materials: cotton, linen. The product should not be used on synthetic and delicate items made of silk, chiffon, etc. д. Use: Dilute 1 tbsp. л. “Belize” 3 liters of cool water, soak the bra for 15-20 minutes, then wash.
- Oxygen whitener “BOS Plus”. Suitable for all white fabrics. The tool is dissolved in water (20-40 grams per 5 liters of water), the product is soaked for 15-20 minutes, and then washed by hand or machine.
- Dr. Beckmann. When you soak a thing, it can remove yellow and gray stains, stains of various origins from white items of any material.
- Vanish stain removers and bleaching agents are designed for white and colored fabrics of different materials: natural and synthetic. The solution is most often used for soaking; it efficiently copes with stains from sweat, blood, grease, cosmetics, etc. д. For bras made of silk, delicate fabrics it is better to use the Vanish Gold line.
How to restore the whiteness of a bra
A snow-white bra loses its pristine look quickly if washed regularly. To restore the freshness effect of the product, you can use a store whitener (“Belizna”, “BOS Plus”, Dr. Beckmann) or try one of the following recipes:
- Soaking the bra in a solution of salt and soda: 5 liters of warm water, 4 tbsp (50 ml) of salt and soda. л. of baking soda, 3 tbsp. л. salt, 1 tbsp. л. any detergent. Soak the item in the mixture for about 30 minutes and then wash it.
- Soaking with hydrogen peroxide: 2 tbsp. л. the washing solution per 1 liter of warm water. The product is immersed in a solution for 1-2 hours, after which it is washed in any usual way. Ammonia can also be used in place of peroxide.
- Soaking using 9% vinegar. Mix 200 ml of the product with 2 liters of water, immerse the bra in the solution for 1-2 hours, wash after the procedure.
To deal with stains, yellow stains on a white bra, you can dot apply a solution of citric acid or aspirin:
- 1 tbsp. water and 1 tsp. л. with citric acid powder. The solution is applied locally for 2-3 hours, on the area of contamination.
- ½ tbsp. water and 2 aspirin tablets. The mixture is applied to the problem areas for 2-3 hours.
After cleaning procedures, the bra should be thoroughly washed and rinsed.
Serious deformation of a tight bra is sometimes impossible to cope with. Mild damage can be tried to fix. To do this:
- Soak the cup in water, gently spread out. While it is drying, place some object in it to support the shape of the piece. An appropriately sized plastic ball or other ball-shaped object, a rolled up towel, a corner of a pillow, a small piece of paper, a small piece of paper, or a small piece of paper will do the trick.
- If the edge of the cup is deformed, proceed similarly. It is soaked with water, unstretched, gently pulling away with your hands. Dry with an object that fixes the shape.
Problems with bones
If a bone has popped out of the bra during washing, it means there is a tear in the fabric. You can reinstall the missing part and sew up the hole with a matching color thread.
A bent or broken knuckle must be replaced with a new one. Detail of the appropriate size can be pulled from an old bra, buy in the department of underwear or supplies for sewing.
You will not be able to restore the previous length and look of the straps. If the straps are detachable, the best way out of the unpleasant situation is to buy new ones. You can also try to tighten the old straps with the fixing mechanism, making them a little shorter.
If the straps are not removable, and sewn to the bra, you can buy in the department of sewing accessories special clip-fixator, which will hold the straps in the area of the shoulder blades.
The washing machine has changed women’s lives. Washing in an automatic machine does not require any effort. However, one bra should not be washed in a machine, the drum is loaded at once a large amount of laundry. Preferably, it should be color-matched. Bra with bones will not be damaged by machine washing, provided that all clasps and bones are securely fastened.
Products with intricate decorations is better to wash by hand. Gentle treatment, gentle detergent will not damage the complex decorations, will not spoil the shape of cups. Beads, appliques, lace inserts will stay in place.
How to wash a bra with bones in a washing machine and by hand
Casual models with underwire should be washed every 4 to 5 days, and sports models. after every workout. In hot weather, the bra should be washed daily. If you “bring in” the bra, the old dirt will be much harder to wash, you will have to use stronger detergents, which will adversely affect the product itself and the seal in the cups.
- Fill a basin with warm water.
- Dilute the detergent until foamy. Bras should not be washed with detergent, but with gel, preferably with delicates or baby lotion. Minor soiling can be washed with hair shampoo.
- Soak the item for 15 minutes or more, depending on how dirty it is.
- Shake and squeeze gently. Rub the straps, but do not stretch them. The dirtiest places can be cleaned with a sponge or an old toothbrush, always with soft bristles.
- Rinse the garment in the basin, changing the water several times with clean water, until the soap lather has completely disappeared.
- Do not wring the bra. First it should be wrapped in a terry towel, which will absorb most of the moisture. Then dry on a horizontal surface or clothes dryer, hanging by the middle between the cups.
Machine wash algorithm:
How To Correctly Machine-Wash Bras
- Button up all the hooks on the bra.
- Put it in a special wash bag or an old cotton pillowcase.
- Choose a “hand wash” or “delicate”. The water temperature must not exceed 40 ⁰C.
- Spinning is allowed, but minimum 500-600 rpm.
- If you have a drying function, turn it off.
- Dry the bra in the same way as after washing by hand.
See below for an overview of laundry and fabric care products and techniques.
How to wash with your hands?
To wash an expensive set of lingerie or a beautiful bra with bones quickly and efficiently, follow these simple instructions.
- Before washing, make sure that the fabric on the inside and outside has no snags, holes, or other damage. If necessary, carry out the repair.
- Pour about 2-3 liters of warm water into a small bowl and dilute the washing gel (or 3 tablespoons of shampoo) according to the instructions.
- Place the bra in soapy water and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Next, use your fingers or a soft brush to rub the spots of contamination.
- Rinse your bra in warm water 2-3 times.
- Place it between two terry towels and gently press it down without twisting.
- Hang them up to dry on the balcony with underwear hangers or a clothesline to hang them expanded.
If you notice that the boning has torn through the fabric, you should repair it properly. A protective rubber band should be put on the sharp end of the bone, or a silicone glue should be used to form a head. Next, the hole is sewn strictly along the hole, small and frequent stitches. If the bone does not fit, you can shorten it with wire cutters. It is better to replace the bent bone with a new one (sold in stores “all for sewing”).
How to wash a bra correctly
Wash the bra after you have worn it three times. This means you will need at least three bras. Try not to stretch it before and during the wash. The fact that the fat that secretes our skin, entails the destruction of tissue. Wash more frequently, as needed. it’s harmless if you follow all the rules and act carefully. Never deform a hard-cup bra or squeeze it. Otherwise its surface will become uneven.
Habitual laundry routines will make this job a breeze. Will help in the washing these recommendations:
- The washer must be immediately unloaded at the end of the wash to avoid deforming the laundry and keeping it wet for longer periods of time.
- Rubber gloves should be worn when washing and hand-washing.
- With an unusual, originally decorated bra should not experiment with machine washing. it is better to handle the thing by hand.
- If a bra has removable decorations, it is better to remove them before washing.
- If a bra gets sweaty, wash it even if you have worn it only once.
- Quality bras are more resistant to laundering, and last much longer than sloppy bras made of low-quality materials.
- Recommendations on the product label must be followed.
- Bra with thick foam cups and push-up in a wet state is very heavy, so hang it to dry only after a gentle spin. Otherwise, under the influence of weight cups may deform, and elastic bands. stretch.
- Liquid detergents are preferable to powders.
Whichever model of bra is washed, the action should only be delicate.
How the color of the product affects the care rules?
If you have several bras of different colors, keep in mind that you are unlikely to wash them all together. All linen should be preliminarily sorted by color into black, white and colored.
Snow-white linen requires not only more frequent washing, but also the use of a special detergent designed for such a snowy shade.
Whitewashing gels contain bleaching agents that are gentle yet effective, and do not contain chlorine.
Black linen is also capricious. When washed with unsuitable detergents and at high temperatures, the rich, bright pigment is washed and dulled, and the thing itself loses its appeal. To prevent this situation will help to constantly use for laundry means marked “for black things”.
Multicolored garments, as well as those with light colors (e.g., light beige, flesh-colored, ayvory, etc.).д.) should be washed with detergents designed for coloured garments. It is desirable to choose those that are designed directly for laundry, and are available in liquid form.
Read here about washing snow-white bras and how to return them to their whiteness.
Washing the bra: what you can and can not
The bra is one of the most delicate items of female underwear. It has a very sensitive shape, which, if not washed correctly, can be damaged.
complicates the cleaning of this closet item and the presence of many small details. straps, fasteners, lace inserts, decorative patches.
Women’s site “Beautiful and Successful” knows how to properly wash a bra. Today he invites his readers to a master class, dedicated to the care of this type of clothing. Familiarity with the material in this article will help any woman to maintain the beauty of her underwear for a long time, which will save significantly on the purchase of new.