If after switching on the washing machine does not spin the drum, immediately turn off the washing program first, then the unit from the mains. To remove the lock from the door, drain the water. To do this, unscrew the special drain valve at the bottom, after substituting a container under it. Open the door, take out the laundry.
Determine during which operation the drum stopped spinning. This will help to understand what caused the breakdown. If the linen is soapy, then the stop occurred during the washing process. The absence of soap indicates that the problem occurred during the spin cycle.
In what cases should you call a specialist for equipment repair?
An independent restoration of the operability of the washing machine can only be performed in the presence of certain knowledge and tools. But any repair of washing machines has certain nuances.
To diagnose and fix a malfunction, you need to be well versed in electronics, know the principle of operation and the arrangement of individual components of the washing machine, and have the appropriate tools. An experienced specialist knows all the nuances and features of the functioning and repair of washing machines, thanks to which he can correctly eliminate any malfunction.
Only contacting a specialized service center for repairs is a guarantee of restoring the washer‘s performance, since such workshops have a staff of qualified specialists and all the necessary equipment. In addition, the user is guaranteed. Therefore, you should not save and trust the repair of the washing machine to “masters from the Internet” or try to do it yourself, as this can significantly aggravate the malfunction, up to the impossibility of further recovery.
Why is the drum spinning badly?
In such a situation, you should definitely worry about the causes of the breakdown. Based on this, the most appropriate methods of repair work will be assigned. Often problems with rotating an element are as follows:
- Overload. Many modern washing machines with special sensors do not start the process if there are too many things in the drum. When you suspect that you have overloaded the machine excessively, it is recommended to cancel the program and get a couple of things. This measure will continue the operation of the machine as usual.
- Worn drive belt. In such a situation, the rotation of the drum will be possible only by hand, the electric motor will not do this. However, the belt could not wear out, but simply fly off the landing site.
- Worn out electric motor brushes. In washing machines with collector electric motors, this place is the most vulnerable. If for the entire period of operation the prescribed maintenance of the motor was performed, then there is a possibility that the brushes will have to be changed. As a rule, after such a procedure, the ability to work is fully restored to the machine.
- An electronic programmer fails. The most difficult breakdown, because the work on flashing or replacing the modular unit will require certain financial costs.
- Electric motor malfunction. When the drum spins unevenly, or does not turn at all, the problem may lie in the electric motor. It probably broke down, or a short circuit occurred. more likely problems in this situation. Repair is difficult, it is recommended to involve an experienced specialist.
Drive Belt Check
It is with him that most of the problems are associated, due to which the machine stops rotating the drum. The belt, due to long-term operation, untimely replacement or marriage made during assembly, can weaken, break or break. This is also affected by the constant overload of the tank. The drive itself fixes itself without any problems:
- the washing machine is disconnected from all communication systems;
- the unit extends to the middle of the room so that there is free access to any side of it;
- the back panel is removed;
- the belt is inspected for damage, after which it is removed by turning the pulley manually;
- installation of a new analogue is carried out first on the motor shaft, then on the pulley;
- At the same time, the state of all parts is checked around the pulley. If necessary, replacement is carried out;
- the body panel is installed in its place;
- Checking the launch of the fast washing mode.
Regardless of the severity of the problem, it is important to take the right action and not panic. The further fate of household appliances depends on your subsequent decisions: will it continue to work or will you have to buy a new one.
✨ FRONT LOAD WASHER WON’T SPIN — FIXED IN 8 MINUTES ✨
So, suddenly in the middle of the cycle after the launch of the drum washing the washing machine stopped spinning and tightly froze. A minute or two nothing has changed, disturbing doubts began to creep in We do not panic, we do the following:
- If the model is equipped with a display, when the program fails, the error code is displayed on it. Inspect the display, if it shows an alphanumeric code, for example, E21 or DE, then you should look at the instructions for the washing machine. If the problem is a program failure, the instruction will tell you in detail what the error code means and what actions need to be taken;
- let’s say there is no display or it does not give an error. Turn off the device from the network, pulling the plug. So we will exclude the closure and its unpleasant consequences in the future;
- getting ready for wet work. All models of machines on the front wall at the bottom have an emergency drain. Find it and cover the floor with rags, or prepare a suitable container to drain the water. Drain the water through the filter or emergency hose, if available;
- wait until the hatch is unlocked and take out the laundry. Slightly damp laundry indicates a spin failure. If things are wet and soapy to the touch. the trouble happened in the midst of washing;
- turn the drum clockwise and counterclockwise. If the attempt was unsuccessful and the drum is tightly jammed. there is reason to worry. With a tight ride and extraneous noise during movement, we can talk about the presence of a foreign object in the space between the drum and the tank. Unobstructed running indicates a breakdown of the drive elements.
If there is a suspicion of a breakdown, then with some skill in working with equipment, you can try to fix the problem yourself. If the risk is not justified, the machine under warranty or you do not have the necessary skills, we recommend calling a specialist for the repair of washing machines.
Important: often the reason for stopping the drum of the washing machine is imbalance and overload. Do not load too much laundry into the tank (no more than 2/3), in case of strong vibrations and clumping, stop the cycle and redistribute the things that have gone astray.
What to do if the washing machine drum is not spinning
Habitually throwing clothes into the washer, you go about your business. But here you understand that you do not hear the usual noise when washing. You go to check and see: the machine has stopped working. familiar script? A lot of questions arise in my head: why the drum is not spinning in the washing machine? What to do? Do not panic, in our publication you will find all the possible causes of the problem and their solutions.
Why is the drum dangling
There may be a slight backlash at the drum from the factory. this is absolutely normal and should not cause concern. Natural factory backlash does not provoke noise and additional vibrations.
But if the machine is shaking, and the drum is shaking and staggering so that it even touches the cuff, this is already a cause for concern.
How to check backlash
Option 1. First, open the hatch of the machine, grab the drum and rock it gently, then turn it left and right. If during these simple manipulations you hear not a soft rustling, but a knock or creak of a decent volume, then there is a breakdown.
Option 2. Run the wash at the highest possible spin speed (it all depends on the CMA model, it can be 800, 1000, 1200 and even 1400 revolutions per 1 minute). If at maximum speed the drum sways and jumps, and also beats against the body of the machine during the spin cycle, then the bearing or shock absorber is broken. At this time there are quite loud sounds.
How to find out why the drum is hanging
You need to look into the CM case from below. When bearings fail, water begins to flow through a movable element attached to the rear of the tank. In 9 out of 10 cases, with such a breakdown, there will be a puddle under the machine. If you find it, then you need to replace the seals and bearings.
If the drum is loosened, and at the same time, from the additional symptoms, you found only a knock, then do not touch the bearings yet, but check the shock absorbers. To get to them, you do not have to completely disassemble the machine.
It is almost impossible to find out why the drum has become loose without disassembling the case. Therefore, if the drum bothers you with excessive friction or twists sharply, then partially disassemble the washer:
- Remove the top cover. In most models, to release the case from the top panel, you need to unscrew the latches from the back wall and pull the cover towards you and up.
- Find shock absorbers. If you notice a breakdown of spring suspensions and shock absorbers, you can exhale. the reason is found, and eliminate it easier than replacing bearings. And if the fasteners of the drum are safe and sound, then you will have to disassemble again and again to get to the very “heart” of the washer and remove the worn bearings.
DIY Washing Machine Drum Not Turning | Moving | Spinning — Washing Machine Fault — Drum Stationary.
Important! If the drum dangles and touches the tank, do not hesitate to repair, otherwise the final breakdown may no longer be repairable. Timeliness is the key to the success of any repair procedures.
Troubleshooting the Drum
Once a problem has been identified, the following steps must be taken:
How to Diagnose Drum Problems in a Washing Machine
- Stop a running wash program;
- Disconnect the machine from the mains;
- Drain water through drain valve. In most washing devices, it is located at the bottom of the front panel;
- Pull out the laundry.
After that, go to the search for the problem. You need to understand at what point the unit failed. Pulled out laundry will help with this. Carefully examined it, you can find out the following:
What should be the next steps? First of all, you need to check the mobility of the rotating mechanism by hand. If it is at least tight, but rotates, this suggests that:
- The machine was overloaded with a large number of things, or they were unevenly distributed inside;
- The motor drive belt is worn out;
- Electric motor brushes broken;
- The engine broke down;
- The electronic module is out of order.
If the mechanism is jammed, then the problem is as follows:
- The belt slipped;
- There is a foreign object;
- Bearings are out of order;
- The doors opened in a top-loading machine;
- Broken capacitor.
Next, you will learn how to act in a given situation: when you can try to fix it yourself, and when you need to call a specialist.
Why is the drum spinning weakly and unevenly
The first thing that should worry you in the event of trouble with the drum is the cause of failure. Based on the cause of the breakdown, repair methods are also determined. Most often, difficulties with the rotation of the drum arise for the following reasons:
- Overload. In many modern models equipped with sensors, wash not starts if too many things are loaded. If you suspect that you have loaded more than you should, cancel the program, open the hatch and unload the excess laundry.
- Drive belt wear. In this case, the drum will rotate if you twist it with your hands, but the machine itself will not be able to do this. Optionally, the cause of the breakdown is the wear of the belt, it could simply jump off the seat.
- Motor brush wear. In machines with a commutator motor, the weakest point of the motor is its brushes. If the engine for all years of use of the machine did not receive due, the probability is high, the brushes need to be replaced. Usually after replacing the brushes, workability is completely restored.
- Programmer failure (electronic unit). This failure can be attributed to the most difficult, since firmware or module replacement can be quite expensive.
- Motor malfunction. If the drum rotates unevenly or does not spin at all, the motor may be to blame. Short circuit or breakage are the most likely causes of failure for this case. As a rule, users trust such complex repairs to specialists.
How to find out for yourself what caused the breakdown
Primary diagnosis of a malfunction is within the power of any user and it consists in the following procedures:
- Check the maximum allowable weight of things in the user manual.
- Check if the sunroof is blocked. If the drum does not rotate when the sunroof is blocked, the drain filter is probably clogged.
- Turn the drum by hand. If the drum spins in manual mode, but stands still in automatic washing, there may be a problem with the tachogenerator, wiring or control module.
- Check for foreign bodies in the cavity between the drum and the tank. If it is empty, then the heating element may be damaged. If the TEN blocked, the drum may not rotate, as the machine blocks the washing as a whole.
- Spend a drive belt inspection. He could jump or break, then he needs to correct or replace the new.
- Disassemble the car and see if the bearings did not flow. If your SMA is already “in age,” and then the bearings were not produced, it means that it was time to change these details.