Assembly and operation in the home
After plugging in the unit for the first time it is necessary to wait for the normalization of the microclimate inside and only then proceed to the first laying of eggs. Still at this stage you should check the stability of the voltage, as well as the operation of the temperature sensor, ventilation grilles and adjust the mode of the rotating device.
Before the procedure, it is necessary to select all the eggs, check the absence of dead embryos with an ovoscope. To control the flip, you can make marks on the shell even at this stage. Only fresh eggs that have been stored for no more than 10 days at a temperature of up to 10oC may be used. After setting up the incubator and plugging it in wait for the indicator light to blink. Only then you can start laying eggs, and after placing them on the egg crate, you can close the lid and put the machine in a warm and dry place.
Average working time is 21 days. During this time, it is necessary to control the temperature and humidity conditions, as well as to monitor the rotation of the grid. Twice it is necessary to examine the eggs with an ovoscope to check the development of embryos. Even with a fully automated incubator it is impossible to have all embryos develop in harmony.
The level of humidity directly affects the quality and speed of development of chickens. To regulate this parameter it is necessary to decrease or increase the water area, referring to the table above. Some poultry farmers practice additional spraying (irrigation), but such measure is necessary only for waterfowl.
Each model of “Nesushka” incubator has a special viewing window to monitor the development of embryos, as well as ventilation holes for air circulation. If the rules of operation and an optimal room climate are followed, there is no need for artificial ventilation of the unit. However, if the temperature inside the unit is constantly rising or the temperature sensor fails, it is necessary to additionally control the heat level. This can be done with a heating source, a heat gun on a low setting or an ordinary household fan.
Diagram of the Nesushka incubator.
Features of the ventilation device
First of all, it should be said that ventilation in incubators can be implemented in two ways:
- Constant. using the fan makes the air mass in the incubation chamber move constantly so there is a gradual change of air. In this case there is an even distribution of heat.
- Periodic. once a day a fan turns on and completely changes the air inside the chamber. During the rest of the time the air exchange is done in the natural way.
Please note! Even if warm air streams evenly cover the eggs, they still need to be turned over periodically. This ensures an even distribution of protein and also prevents the embryo from sticking to the shell.
Let’s look at both principles of ventilation in more detail below.
Modern incubators turn off and automatically ventilate the inside of the incubator about once a day. If the machine is homemade and does not have this function, it must be ventilated manually.
Advice! Ventilation in a homemade incubator can also be implemented automatically. For this purpose it is necessary to buy a special controller.
Venting should be carried out according to the following scheme:
- Chamber heating turns off.
- At the same time the incubator switches on the ventilator that changes the air in the incubator and cools the eggs.
- After 15-30 minutes, when the eggs have cooled to 32-34 degrees Celsius, the heating is turned on again and the fan is turned off.
This procedure is very good for the embryos and improves their development.
A scheme of continuous ventilation looks like this
- The fan forces the air from the chamber onto itself, causing some of the air to flow into the holes above the impeller and out. The main part of the air mass is reflected from the roof and goes further through the air inlets.
- As the air flow moves, fresh air is captured, which mixes with the old air and passes through the heaters.
- Moving down the walls, the airflow reaches the water tray where it is humidified.
- Then the air passes through the trays with the eggs and gives them its heat.
- The air then enters the fan again, taking the exhaust gases with it.
As a result, such a scheme performs simultaneous heating, ventilation and humidification of the eggs. It should be noted that in such incubators it is also necessary to perform the planned cooling of eggs.
Equipment for ventilation
As it was mentioned above, for the air exchange to switch on automatically, you need a controller. You also need to equip the unit with a fan.
When choosing this device, you should pay attention to the main parameters on which the efficiency of air exchange depends:
- Diameter. for a small homemade incubator is enough 80. 400 mm (depending on the volume of the chamber).
- Ability to operate from 220 volts.
- The capacity can be from 40 to 200 cubic meters per hour. The greater this value, the better. It is true that the price of the product depends a lot on the performance.
Advice! A filter (yellow in the diagram) must be installed upstream of the ventilator. If you do not do this, the fan will be clogged with fluff.
Of course, for the arrangement of a powerful industrial incubator requires a completely different equipment. As a rule, a supply and exhaust system with a recuperator is used for these purposes. Such a device allows you not only to provide an efficient air exchange but also to save on energy costs for heating since the outgoing air transfers its heat to the incoming air in the heat exchanger.
Supply and exhaust unit with recuperator for industrial incubators
This equipment is expensive, so there is no point in buying it for private use.
Why do you need air exchange in the hatchery
With well organized ventilation, the chick output is invariably higher. Because, in addition to its main purpose, mentioned above, the air exchange supplies the incubation chamber with oxygen, which is so necessary for the embryos. In addition, the carbon dioxide released by the chicks breathing in the egg is led out through the ventilation holes.
To find out how responsible ventilation is, we refer to the development chart of the embryo in the egg:
|6th day||The embryo begins to absorb oxygen in small quantities|
|day 16||Each egg needs at least a few and a half liters of air per day.|
|The last day before hatching||Each egg needs 8 liters of air.|
If the incubator does not have enough air, the embryos will start to die. Besides a serious condition for a good hatching is the humidity level, which also depends on the ventilation. Let’s talk about air humidity in the incubator below.
For best results, the incubator should be ventilated under the following conditions:
- For the first three days the air exchange is not connected and the humidity is kept within 70%;
- Then up to the fifth day, ventilation with minimal intensity reduces the humidity to 50%;
- from the fifth day, the intensity of air exchange gradually increases, reaching its highest level by the eighteenth day;
- starting on the fifteenth day, ventilating the incubator for a quarter of an hour twice a day.
To optimize air exchange it is necessary to equip the incubator with a fan. For periodic ventilation, do the following
- Turning off the heater for a quarter of an hour;
- turning on the fan for that time;
- After the temperature of eggs drops to 32, 33 degrees turns off the fan and connect the heater.
This cycle is done once, and for the last days a couple of times a day.
For permanent operation, the fan should be placed on top in a corner of the housing or in the center of the ceiling. The best results are obtained by installing a fan on the top cover, whereby:
- air is drawn from below to the roof, partially escaping into its peoria;
- most of the air is rejected on the walls and sinks, drawing in fresh air through the holes in the sides of the chamber;
- The air at the bottom is humidified over the water tanks and again passes through the levels of the egg trays upwards.
Retrofitting incubator layer for 104 eggs installation of fans with their own hands
Finalized incubator as requested. For better hatchability. we need uniform heating. Incubator “Nesushka” BI-1 has a disadvantage. uneven heating. The solution to this problem. fan installation. And the output will be much better and the temperature will be uniform throughout the incubator. To develop the channel. https://www.donationalerts.com/r/gnomvolga
My channel. https://goo.gl/mckDjR Link to My New Channel. https://ur-l.ru/ls6. Live simply. Just live. My YouTube Community. https://goo-gl.ru/lO Phone for questions: 902-650-00-53 Andrei
OK Group. https://ok.ru/gnomvolga group. https://vk.com/club141071119 My blog: https://fermer.ru/blog/56437 https://www.Instagram.com/gnomvolga/
Bird. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO980TB8TFKQSA7FD39c0D-H Garden and garden. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO93x_JXvHaFkZsVJap5LAQo Livestock and pets. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO-QyMFmKCh4Ljd2Jak3GKGe Hobbies and lifestyle. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO_Xb148D9PBQ7GpFeMszmTv All about mushrooms from GnomVolga. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO9f61o2uH4CLP3W_zyscH1d Tips for beginner poultry farmers. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO9PPRpBfgANd9fPAWM54ISz Let’s lose weight with health benefits. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO-TXw8xhd9CwxJq0XSaSAbQ GnomVolga with a knife and in the kitchen. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO9ukVD-DpiRnAYGxXOGr9Ob Cheese, cheese-making GnomVolga. https://www.YouTube.com/playlist?list=PLlI513h0fPO-V4QLByeXtVv9kKKNa0OwTB
A century of life, a century of learning. and it’s the real truth! My TV Channel. https://goo.gl/mckDjR
Good day to you all, friends!
My husband and I decided this year to increase the number of poultry on our small farm. Hoping that the young will be taken out by the layers. the method is unreliable. The price of chickens on the market is quite bearable: daily broilers-65, chickens Kuchinsky-85, turkeys and goslings-200 came to the decision that the broilers will buy, and layers try to incubate themselves.
Manufacturer: Factory of Electro Household Goods
Price 4700r (the price may vary depending on all sorts of options)
Power supply voltage, V220±10%
Power consumption from 220V, W45
Power consumption from 12v battery, W44
Battery runtime, hour15
Interval of turning of eggs, hour0-8
Temperature variation inside the incubator, °C1
Presence of fans no
Automatic switchover to 12V battery power Yes
Incubator with a capacity of 77 eggs;
With: Digital thermostat;
However, very necessary option, so that at the most inopportune moment did not have to rush around the house in search of something that could cover the incubator to keep warm)
We put a plastic liner on the bottom. This is where you need to pour (and later add) water to maintain the necessary humidity inside the incubator:
We add water almost blindly. It is not possible to overfill, unless you just spill it, because the insert is a communicating vessel.
Install the grid, connect the auto-rotator:
The design of the connection to the Auto-Turn looks flimsy, but appearances are deceiving. The first time it was put into service, a nearby egg was broken.
Setting the temperature and frequency of the eggs is easy, but to control the humidity you need to buy a humidity sensor.
This incubator does not have a fan, so after seven days you need to change the position of the eggs. from the edges to the center.
Three days before the automatic egg flip should be turned off. The chick has to take a certain position before it hatches from the egg. We did not know about this, although the incubator comes with a very detailed brochure:
Eggs should be chosen as standard: too big, small, irregularly shaped are not good.
Turkey, goose eggs are much bigger than chicken eggs. You should buy a grid with larger cells or else the auto-reverse function will not work: the eggs will just roll around from left to right and back.
That’s basically all the nuances. BUT! I think you might be wondering what we had in the end.
When we laid 77 eggs for incubation, one of which broke right away with the mechanism of automatic rotation, we had 40 chicks at the output
Overall, I recommend the incubator with four stars. A lot of things you need to buy more of the components, plus the mechanism of automatic flip “wisely” sometimes.
#Breeder Poultry Farm#Fan installation
Household incubator operation BI1, BI2
If the unit is new, with the packaging, you need to install the turning mechanism and connect the control unit correctly. This should not cause complexity, moreover, included with the incubator is a brochure “Incubator Household BI1 BI2 Nesushka Instructions”. This manual gives you step by step instructions and diagrams for setting up your incubator.
Before you lay the eggs you must carefully check the electronics for proper operation:
- Pour water into the trays. The water temperature should be about 38°C.
- Turn the incubator on and set the right temperature. Preferably put a second thermometer inside so you can compare readings and see how clearly the thermostat works. After a while the inside of the incubator heats up to the right temperature and the thermostat should turn off the heating elements. A click should be heard and the indicator light on the display should go out.
- Allow the incubator to run idle for at least three hours. During this time, you should check the operation of the thermostat (the heating elements should turn on and off periodically and the temperature display should fluctuate within the acceptable range). If you have an incubator with automatic trough rotation, you should also pay attention to the on/off drive.
If the test run does not reveal any irregularities in the operation of the incubator, you can start laying eggs for incubation. In case there are not many eggs, they must be placed sideways. If it is the operation of the domestic incubator BI1 without a turning mechanism, it is highly desirable to put a pencil mark (e.g. cross) on each egg from one side. so it will be more convenient to control which eggs are already turned and which are not.
In BI2 incubators with motorized incubators, eggs can be placed vertically with the blunt end upwards for higher capacity. Once the eggs have been placed on the tray, the cover must be firmly closed and the incubator switched on. If everything is done correctly and adjusted, set up and exposed, very soon the temperature in the incubation chamber normalizes and from this moment it is possible to consider that the incubation process has started.
Please note! Eggs for incubation is best laid in the evening, between 17:00 and 22:00. Then the chicks will start to hatch in the first half of the day.
Eggs for incubation must be selected from healthy birds over the age of one and a half years. Egg should be of medium size, regular shape, without neps and cracks on the shell. By the way, the duration of storage of eggs directly affects the percentage of hatchability of chicks:
|% of hatch||90||80||70||25||15|
Important! The incubation process should be as close as possible to natural incubation in all respects! It is necessary to follow the temperature regime, keep air humidity in incubator and turn eggs regularly.
The incubator temperature is controlled by a thermo-regulator, the eggs are turned over by a machine or by the hatcher. But what about the humidity if for example there is no hygrometer in the BI1 or BI2 incubator? Then a so called humid thermometer is used. To do this, take an ordinary glass thermometer, one end of which is placed in a tub of water in the incubator. Based on the difference of readings of dry and wet thermometer you can calculate the humidity in the incubation chamber.
The instructions attached to Nesushka incubators give clear recommendations on how to increase the humidity in the incubator for chicken eggs to the desired value. In the table below the basic characteristics of temperature and humidity during the incubation of chicken eggs in Nesushka household incubators are given:
|01.08.2014||37.8||29||50-55||6 times a day||2-3 times a day for 5-10 minutes.|
|15-18||37.5||32||70-75||6 times a day||2-3 times a day for 10-15 minutes|
After all chicks are hatched and transferred to the growth chamber, the BI1 (BI2) household incubator should be thoroughly cleaned from organic residues and then disinfected.
Setting the temperature in the Nesushka incubator
The analog thermostat is set with a knob, you just need to select the desired temperature value, this is very simple, but we’ll look at how to set the temperature on the digital thermostat.
When plugging the incubator into the network, the digital display will show the temperature inside the incubator, to set the desired temperature value, press the first (left) button and hold it for 2. 3 seconds, after which the display will start to flash, now we are in setting mode.
With the second and third button you can increase or decrease the temperature value.
Now press the left or right button repeatedly until the numerical value of the desired temperature appears on the display, for example 37.8°С.
Then press the left button, now the display will show the value of interval frequency of egg turning (by default the turning is done every hour), here you do not need to change anything, press the left button again and the display will show the value of temperature in the incubator at the moment. When the incubator is warmed up, the incubator will display the temperature you have set and the thermostat will maintain this temperature at all times.
This video shows the detailed process of setting the temperature.
Please read the instructions on how to use the incubator, which include a detailed description of all processes.
The preparatory process
- Initially examine and check for completeness.
- Lay a rack on the base. It is important that the smooth side faces upwards.
- Put turning device on base.
- Cover the enclosure with the lid.
- Plugging the machine in.
- Set the average temperature on the thermostat. The incubator will warm up for about half an hour, after reaching the set level the indicator light will start blinking.
- connected to the thermostat.
The owners of the incubator do not have a question how to increase the humidity, because the device has a tank for water, which allows it to regulate this indicator.
Preparing the incubator for laying eggs
Eggs are placed only after warm water has been filled in and the temperature has reached 37.7ºC. To check the temperature you can use an ordinary thermometer. Only fresh, clean eggs should be selected for laying, it is strictly forbidden to wash them.
Eggs should be of medium size with shells having a matte, smooth surface. Store the eggs to be placed in the hatchery for no more than 10 days at a temperature of no less than 10 degrees Celsius.
Otherwise all hatching performance will be compromised. For easier control when turning, it is recommended to make marks on the shell with a soft pencil, these can be the usual numbers. After all the manipulations, lay the eggs next to each other sideways.
On average, if all recommendations are followed, the chicks emerge 21 days after laying.
- Constantly monitor the temperature inside the incubator.
- Do not forget to refill the water after you have disconnected the device from the power supply.
- Make sure the turning device does not malfunction and the turning is done at the right time. During the first 5 days, it is advisable to do this every 3 hours. Then no more than twice a day.
- Starting from day 5 we recommend airing the incubator. To avoid overheating the eggs.
- Reposition the eggs and do this with the help of a rolling movement in order not to damage the tissues of the embryo.
- Two days before the hatching of chicks the flipping should not be done.
- During the whole period check the development of eggs 2 times. This can be done with an ordinary lamp. The first on day 7 and the second on day 13.
- If there is no light, the incubator should be moved into a warm room and covered with a dense covering.
- After the first chicks emerge, lower the temperature by 0.5 ºC.
- After the hatching eggs are finished, the apparatus is washed well.
After the hatching they are not taken out of the hatchery until they are completely dried out. At this time, it is important to conduct an inspection to identify unhealthy chicks and not waste time and money on further
- Umbilical cord. Ideally, it should be closed and without traces of blood.
- Fluff. Yellow in color, soft to the touch and shiny in appearance.
- Beak. Sturdy without anomalies.
- Eyes. No cloudy spots with shine.
- Wings. Tightly pressed to the calf.
- The chick should be agile and responsive to sounds around it.