Boiler designs and methods of installation of chimneys
There are two types of burners for gas boilers:
Open. In them, the oxygen for combustion is taken from the room in which the boiler is installed. Therefore, this type of burner or trap is also called atmospheric. In such gas boilers, flue gas discharge requires a chimney with an outlet to the atmosphere and good draft.
It is clear that the choice of chimney type depends primarily on the type of combustion chamber. In one case it must be a coaxial pipe, in another. an ordinary. But in addition to this there are many nuances on the design.
Norms of space for a gas boiler
Features of the installation and placement of gas equipment, regulated by several regulatory documents. Detailed instructions are described:
According to the above regulatory documents, the installation of a gas boiler is possible under the following technical conditions:
- Installation is allowed in non-residential premises of private or apartment houses. Sanitary requirements prohibit the installation of the equipment living room-kitchens. Installation is allowed in a room separated from the main rooms and the corridor with a door leaf.
- The main technical requirements for the installation room for a gas boiler with a closed combustion chamber are as follows. It is allowed to install in a room with minimum ceiling height of 2 m and a total volume of not less than 8 m³. Rules allow installing the equipment in the kitchen furniture, cover with removable decorative structures. Boilers with closed combustion chambers, are allowed and recommended for apartment heating.
- Regulatory requirements for the room in which the gas boiler with an open combustion chamber is intended to be installed, require an increase in the size of the boiler room. Minimum allowable area, not less than 9 m². In this case, the height of the ceilings must be more than 2.3 m. The boiler is installed diagonally from the front door to ensure an unobstructed flow of fresh air.Technical requirements for the room to install a wall-mounted gas boiler in a private home, indicate the need to comply with the following rules
- Installation is allowed only on a blank wall that does not have window and door openings.
- Distance from the ceiling to the boiler, at least 80 cm.
- Hang the boiler on plasterboard and any other partition made of lightweight materials, it is forbidden.
- The norm of the internal volume of the room, is calculated in each case individually. The minimum technical parameters are as follows: boilers to 30 kW. at least 7.5 m ³; to 60 kW. 13.5 m ³.
Installation on different walls
Boilers have a fairly large weight, and therefore problems may arise if you do not take into account the reliability of fixing to the wall. There are certain standards for the installation of boilers, which specify that installation work should be carried out only on a rigid wall.
Requirements may vary depending on the material that was used in the construction of the walls in the house. There are standards for wood, reinforced concrete, plasterboard and brick surfaces.
Installation on reinforced concrete walls
Reinforced concrete walls are the most suitable option for installing a wall mounted gas boiler. They have an increased strength and are completely non-combustible. Therefore, additional protection in the form of cladding is not necessary. To fix the body of the heat generator, metal anchors are used, on which the mounting bar is fixed. After that the unit is installed on the prepared area. Any type of heating system can be installed on concrete walls: having a large capacity or an ordinary broiler of the accumulation type.
Installation on a brick wall
The installation standards require separate provisions for fixing to a brick wall. Brick is another high-quality non-combustible material, and therefore the equipment is installed immediately on the wall, but this time you will have to prepare the surface.
In order not to violate the requirements of gas workers before installing the wall must be plastered. During these works it is necessary to mount a special plank. After the plastering is finished, two bolts must stick out of the wall as a fitting point for the equipment.
Can the boiler be hung on a wooden wall?
Installing a wall-mounted gas boiler in a wooden house is a difficult task because of a number of nuances. A wooden wall can catch fire, so care must be taken about safety precautions.
In order to properly install the boiler there are several special conditions to be met:
- Thoroughly treat the wood in the place of installation. With your own hands it is quite easy to do. in construction stores there are special flame retardants. They will need to abundantly treat the wall.
- The wall must first be coated with plaster (thickness. 15 mm). This is the minimum value that guarantees protection from high temperatures. It is also possible to clad the wall with roofing steel.
If there is no desire to use plaster or metal cladding, you can put a plasterboard in the place of fixing the heat generator, and then cover with ceramic tiles.
To prevent the heavy heating boiler from falling from its installed place, it is necessary to strengthen the site with a strong bar, which is placed under the cladding material. In this way it is possible to securely fix the heat generator on the wall.
Can I hang it on drywall?
When installing plasterboard you can not avoid the voids. This creates problems with fixing the heavy heat generator. However, there is an option to eliminate this defect.
When making the metal frame, it is necessary to choose a place for fixing the boiler in advance and conduct preparatory work. It is necessary to firmly strengthen the site, using a wooden beam and metal profile. For installation on fragile gypsum board, special fixators are used. These are plastic plugs that are screwed into the facing material. It is necessary to install the dowels into the plugs that have already been put in place. Experts say that ready-made fasteners gradually loosen, which leads to a deterioration in fixing.
Boiler fixing on foam concrete and aerated concrete
If the house is built of aerated concrete or foam concrete, several methods can be used to mount the boiler:
- Fasteners are installed in advance at the time when the masonry blocks are laid. Installation of the boiler is carried out when the masonry mixture is fully cured.
- In stores you can find screws for fixing in the foam concrete. They are very similar to the plugs used to work with drywall. But they have deeper threads and a larger pitch. Once the material is screwed into the foam concrete or aerated concrete, you can install any anchor in the screws, which will reliably hold the gas equipment.
- Another reliable method of fixing. studs. They are installed with a small gap from each other, and in the wall (on each side) is mounted strip, which is firmly fixed with bolts for maximum reliability.
- Liquid, chemical anchors can also be used. They provide a firm hold, but cost more than previous options.
Standards for the installation of gas boilers
Gas is still the cheapest type of fuel. Accordingly, the cheapest heating is obtained with natural gas. It is true that the installation of a gas boiler is associated with certain difficulties rooms must comply with fire safety standards.
For the installation of powerful gas boilers requires a separate room
Peerless WB-3 Boiler Replacing Combustion Chamber
Is it possible to install a gas boiler in an apartment building
According to current SNIP and SP, the installation of gas heating equipment in an apartment building is possible, provided that the area of the room used for the boiler room, compliance with technical requirements. You can install the equipment only in non-residential areas: kitchen, living room.
Before installing a heat generator, it is necessary to cancel the contract with the company that supplies heat to the house. Unilaterally, the termination of the act is carried out through the court. Disconnection from the central heating system, means simultaneous termination of the hot water supply.
When installing an individual heating system, two-circuit gas heating boilers for apartments are optimal. Boiler equipment dual circuit type, while working on heating the coolant and DHW.
Installation in apartments with central heating
Laws which regulate the possibility of installing gas heating equipment in a centrally heated apartment are listed in the Federal Law 90 of 27th September 2004. 08. 20010 г. notes and requirements, are given in PP of 13.02.The Law “The Rules for Determining and Providing Technical Conditions of Connection of Capital Construction Objects to Engineering and Technical Supply Networks” dated 2006.
To connect the autonomous heating, it is necessary to apply to the organization Gasnadzor, to obtain technical conditions for the reconstruction. TU are the actual permission to commission the gas equipment. After that, the procedure of termination of the contract for district heating.
Is it allowed to use bottled gas
Gas boiler to the apartment for heating and water supply in multi-storey buildings, it is allowed to connect only to the central gas pipeline. Gas boilers are allowed in the following cases:
- The building is no more than two floors in height.
- One room may not hold more than 1 gas cylinder at a time.
- Distance from gas stove at least 0,5 m, from heaters, at least 1 m. It is optimal to use a screen between the gas cylinder installation and the heating surface of the household heating device.
- Only ventilated rooms are used as a boiler room. Connection to the boiler must be by a corrugated metal hose.
Based on the above rules, the use of cylinders with liquefied gas, although allowed in low-rise apartment buildings, is inexpedient.
Rules and regulations for the installation of gas-fired boilers
Such boilers are installed according to the project, which reflects all safety standards, defines the place of installation and fire safety distances to structural elements of the building.
Before the construction and installation work, the project document shall be coordinated with the relevant regulatory agencies that also check it for compliance with state regulations.
Boiler installation is performed only by a specialized organization licensed to perform such works. After installation work is complete boiler accepted for operation by the commission composed of representatives of the customer, the design organization of the installation company, gas, architecture, capital construction, Sanitary and Epidemiological Station and the fire department. Thus, the owner must also know the requirements for the location of gas boiler equipment in order to properly prepare a technical design specification.
Requirements for the rooms where it is planned to install a wall-mounted heating unit are primarily aimed at protecting building structures from fire. In this option, the owner will need to pay special attention to the wall on which the planned to fix the device, it must be able to withstand the weight of the structure and fire.
Basic room requirements for wall-mounted units:
- The volume of the room for a gas boiler over 7.51 м3.
- Strong natural ventilation, the room must have a window unit with a vent and a door with an opening for air intake. 0.02 м2.
- Maximum distances to building envelopes: floor. 80 cm, ceiling. 45 cm, walls on the sides. 20 cm, from enclosure to rear wall. 40 mm, from the front of the unit to the door. 100 cm.
- Placement wall covered with 3 mm thick steel sheet fireproofing material.
- Insulate the side adjoining surfaces of walls and furniture.
For these models, more attention should be paid to the floor structure, as these structures are heavy, and the heat loss from the body mainly goes to the flooring under it.
Therefore, in the area of the boiler unit, a base of non-combustible material, reinforced to withstand the entire structure of the heating system, with a boiler and an indirect heated boiler.
Room norms for installing a gas boiler with floor installation:
- Free access to the working elements of the boiler unit.
- Minimum space required for one unit of at least 4 m2, but not more than 2 units per room.
- Room height. 2.20 м.
- Fresh air supply and exhaust ventilation, windows 0.3 m2 by 10.0 m3 volume of the room, door with 0.8 м.
- Space between door and front of unit.1 м.
- Walls and floor made of non-combustible materials.
Fire safety regulations
In order for the gas heating system to comply with fire regulations, certain conditions must be met:
- Atmospheric devices can be located in the attic, basement or any other floor of the house. It is forbidden to place these units in the basement.
- Turbine gas boilers are allowed to install in any non-residential premises, as well as in the attic and basement.
- Doors of rooms where gas appliances are located must open outward.
- The boiler room must be finished with fireproof materials with a minimum fire resistance rating of at least ЕI45.
- Turbine hinged gas boilers are fenced off from the adjoining wall with a shield made of non-combustible material. Floor models are placed on a fireproof lining.
Flammable elements of the interior may not be installed closer than 30 cm to the boiler.
Independent installation of wall mounted gas heating boilers
Consumers often wonder whether or not to install the gas boiler on their own? Before installing a gas heating system should develop a project and coordinate it with the local regulatory authorities (more details: Installation of gas boilers with his hands do it right).
In the project documentation indicates the parameters of the boiler, its location and describes the scheme of how the entire heating system will operate. Only after its approval some part of the installation can be done by your own hands.
However, not all manufacturers of gas heating equipment allow installation of their heating units themselves:
- Companies Ariston, Viessmann, Bosch and a number of others require customers to install a wall mounted gas boiler only by the staff of certified centers;
- some manufacturers, such as Baxi, Ferroli, Electrolux are more loyal to this issue, do not prohibit the unauthorized installation of wall-mounted devices. But in any case for start-up activities in the arrangement of the heating structure will need the services of professionals who have permission to connect the gas and electric equipment.
Before you start assembling the boiler yourself, you must make sure that the manufacturer allows this work.
What is a wall mounted gas boiler with a closed combustion chamber
Their popularity, single-circuit and two-circuit wall hung gas boilers with sealed combustion chamber, have gained through the low requirements associated with the installation of. According to the SNiP, installation of this type of boiler equipment is allowed in apartment buildings, provided that the other recommendations and standards.