Is it possible to heat food in a plastic bowl in a microwave
The microwave has long taken a place in modern kitchens. The food in it is heated quickly, there is no need to additionally use pots and pans. And often, without hesitation, we put dishes from plastic in microwave dishes.
But food plastic, which is used for packaging products and production of dishes, is safe only if the operating rules are followed. If you pour an alcohol.Containing drink into a plastic dish, formaldehyde poison is released, and when heated, a dangerous connection of styrene appears. About how to avoid such dangerous consequences, let’s talk in the article.
What dishes can be used in the microwave
The microwave sign is most often placed on a plastic bowl. But there are a number of materials in which to warm food is possible longer and safer. These include:
Heat.Resistant glass denser than usual. Distinguish it by the inscriptions on the packaging, as well as in special digesters. Uses ordinary glass, but in this case the heating time should not exceed 2-3 minutes. If a pattern is knocked out on the glass or there are chips, you can’t put such dishes in a microwave: the walls will warm up unevenly and the product will burst.
Which Food Containers Are Safe to Microwave व्हिच प्लास्टिक कनटिनेर्स अरे सेफ तो उसे इन माइक्रोवेव
It is easy to distinguish heat.Resistant glass in the store: it has thick walls and a smooth surface without patterns. Such dishes costs two times more, so the manufacturer selects this information in large and bright print.
Crystal dishes are very similar to glass. But it is categorically not recommended to put in a microwave. Crystal contains interspersed lead and silver. Microwaves are reflected from metals, which leads to breakdown of technology and corruption of crystal capacity.
Most of the usual plates and mugs are made from the earthenware. In such a container, food is allowed to warm. Particular attention is paid to the drawing: in the microwave, they put dishes without “gilding” and “post-sustained”: these colors contain metals.
FAOR. Fragile material, thin.Walled products, so from heating in a microwave, they can crack. Children’s Faor has thicker walls. Thanks to them, dishes do not break when falling. This property allows you to place containers in a microwave, although with prolonged exposure to the microwaves such a material also bursts, therefore it is used only for heating.
Advice. To check whether the container for microwave ovens is suitable, conduct a little experience. Put it half into the dishes and put in the microwave for 1 minute. In a suitable copy of the walls will be warm and the water is hot. In the wrong. The sides are heated stronger than the water.
What happens when heated
Some plastic containers are designed to increase temperatures up to 140 ℃ and are suitable only for short.Term warming up products, but not for cooking. Others are not at all suitable for use in microwaves and are suitable only for storing cold food and drinks.
When heated to a certain temperature, any plastic releases toxins, but some polymers can withstand up to 140 ℃ or more, remaining harmless. So, Pete emits flulates, LDPE and HDPE. Formaldehyde. PVC contains many harmful substances, but they are dangerous only at a temperature of more than 100 ℃. Even considered safe polypropylene under certain conditions is distinguished by formaldehyde and phenol, for example, in reaction with ethyl alcohol.
If you put plastic in the microwave, not designed to warm up in microwave ovens, the consequences can be the most sad both for the performance of the household appliance and your health.
What is done from this type of plastic?
Due to the high chemical resistance and good weldability, plastic 5 is popular in the following areas.
- Production of packaging. From polypropylene, durable flexible and hard containers, various films, food packaging are obtained.
- Consumer products. Plastic PP is suitable for creating parts of household appliances, children’s toys, furniture.
- Automotive industry. The material is widely used in the production of buildings, pallets, bumpers, dash panels and so on.
- Fibers and fabrics. Durable ribbons, stripes, belts, volumetric continuous threads, staple fibers, ropes, ropes, twine and other tissue products are obtained from polypropylene.
- The medicine. After sterilization of the material, syringes, medical test tubes, components of diagnostic devices, bottles for samples, baths, containers for tablets and so on are made by ferry.
- Industry. Plastic 5 sheets are suitable for obtaining containers in which acids and chemical reagents will be stored. Also for pipes, multi.Turn transport packaging and containers.
If you need to quickly heat the food, not necessarily in this case you need a pan for a microwave or other container. Today, manufacturers are experimenting with packages, making them universal. Often in supermarkets you can find semi.Finished products that are sold in film, plastic or paper. Such packaging is considered suitable for the microwave, if it has the necessary designations on its surface.
Baking sleeve is actively used to cook food in microwave. When using it, it is recommended to pre.Make several holes in the film to avoid a package break.
Plastic containers marked with icons are convenient for one.Time warming up. When placing it in the device, it is necessary to observe the temperature and the treatment time by microwaves.
The paper is suitable for cooking, which contains a small amount of oil, fat, water and sugar. Gently should use cardboard cups and bowls covered with wax for strength. They are suitable only for warming up at low power.
How to warm and cook food in plastic containers correctly
What you need to know before the heated food in a plastic container:
- Use containers made only of polypropylene (PP) that do not contain toxic substances-with the icon “glass-Vilka”.
- Do not exceed the temperature indicated on the product, otherwise it may melt.
- A sharp temperature difference is able to lead to cracks, so do not warm up food in the container immediately after extracting from the refrigerator.
If there are no clarifying markings on the container, it is recommended to heat food in glass, ceramic or faor dishes.
Types of plastic
Plastic is a material consisting of long chains of polymers, which contain several thousand repeated links called monomers. (one)
Although they are usually made of oil and natural gas, plastic can also be made of environmentally friendly materials, such as wood mass and cotton lint.
At the heart of most plastic products you will find a triangle for processing with a number. The identification code of the raw materials. From 1 to 7. The number indicates the type of plastic from which the product is made.
Is It Safe To Microwave Food In Plastic? Know What’s In Your Disposable Plastic Containers
Seven types of plastics and products from them include (2, 3):
- Polyethyleneterftalat (PET, or PET): bottles for carbonated drinks, banks with peanut oil and mayonnaise, as well as containers for vegetable oil
- High density polyethylene (PEVP, or HDPE): containers for detergent and hand soap, dairy jugs, oil containers and containers with powder protein
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC, or PVC): water pipes, electrical wiring, shower curtains, medical tubes and artificial leather products
- Low density polyethylene (Penp, or LDPE): polyethylene bags, squeezing bottles and food packaging
- Polypropylene (PP, or PP): bottles lids, yogurt containers, food storage containers, disposable coffee capsules, children’s bottles and shakers
- Polystyrene or polystyrene foam (PS): packaging for nuts and disposable food containers, plates and disposable cups
- Other: includes polycarbonate, polylactide, acrylic, acrylonitril-butadien, styrene, fiberglass and nylon
Some plastics contain additives to achieve the desired properties of the finished product.
These additives include dyes, fortifiers and stabilizers.
What you need to remember
Plastic is made mainly from oil. There are several types of plastic that have many applications.
Tips for choosing microwave dishes
In order for the purchased dishes for any preparation modes in the microwave, it is better to take universal or not get confused when you choose such modes with convection, grill or combined when there is an effect of high temperatures.
- It is better to take heat.Resistant products (it should withstand more than 220 ° C, optimally up to 300 ° C).
- The walls of the products should pass microwaves without interference. That is, not to be too thick, do not have any inclusions or coatings with metal.
- It should be whole, air bubbles inside the material or defects are also not allowed.
- Heating test. The selected container is filled with water, heated from a minute to a boil. Ideal dishes will be moderately hot with boiled water nutria.
Microwave oven opens unlimited possibilities for the hostess with fantasy. Many modes, programming function, and at the finish. Almost any dish while preserving beneficial substances in the minimum time.
Good day, all visitors to my blog. Today I want to talk about which dishes can be used in the microwave. It turns out that in irregular container food is prepared longer, it is poorly heated. And it can also be harmful to health. Yes, yes, it is the dishes that can harm our body. And not microwaves that opponents of the microwave of the furnaces are so actively trying to prove.
To figure out which capacitance to use how the microwave works. As you know, dishes in microwave ovens are heated due to microwaves. This is electromagnetic radiation that makes dipole food molecules move. Move fast and a lot. Because of this, friction is created, food is heated. In all details, I have already described this in an article about the principle of the microwave work.
There are often articles on the network, where it is recommended to simply turn the mica leaf. But with this solution, the problem will soon return with additional consequences: the cap and the antenna of the magnetron will burn out. Then depressurization can occur. The stove will simply stop warming products, and repairs will cost many times more expensive.