How to legally relocate the gas boiler and the threat of an illegal installation?
Install the equipment in a private house or apartment only on a special project. Without a document the gas service will not allow the operation of the installation.
When creating a project, a number of factors are taken into account:
- All installation parameters must comply with SNiP 42-01-2002.
- Location of the main pipeline, as well as medium and low pressure.
- Location of the boiler, stove and water heater. Check the location of all other appliances and convectors, if any.
- Technical specifications of the duct and chimney. All parameters must meet the rules and regulations. Check how the supply and exhaust ventilation works.
Project changes include the following steps:
- laying new pipes;
- relocation of gas equipment;
- room remodeling;
- Changing the type of boiler;
- Installation of a water heater, oven or other appliances.
To meet at least one point, do the design documentation and obtain permission to reinstall the gas system. Penalty will be assessed for unauthorized actions.
How to move a gas boiler in a country house
The work is staggered. Take into account all the rules and regulations, so as not to get a fine later.
First Step: Applying for TU approval
Go to the city or district gas service at the place of residence. Submitting an application for TU approval. If the equipment will be changed: boiler, stove or water heater, a project is also drawn up. You can just get permit, and perform design on your own.
- Information about the brand of the boiler;
- the future location of the device;
- The volume of gas consumed. the approximate values are prescribed in the equipment data sheet.
If you are not sure of the correctness of the data, the calculations are performed by specialists from the gas supply company. This is done by submitting a separate application.
When the application is processed and necessary calculations are performed, the owner can obtain the specifications. Only presents the passport. The application is processed in 10 working days.
Second Step: Receiving TU
- All the rules and regulations that the owner must comply with when relocating a gas boiler;
- Smoke, ventilation system requirements are included;
- Indicate where the boiler and the meter should be located.
The third stage: creating a project
If the new device will not be transferred, then the project documentation is not drafted. But there are a number of exceptions:
If the project is made independently, the gas service is provided with a diagram showing the schedule of the installation:
- Scheme of installation of the gas pipeline and communications;
- certificate of compliance;
- The act of checking the ground loops;
- boiler technical certificate;
- operating instructions;
- An annual service agreement;. An annual maintenance agreement.
The fourth stage: Approve the project documentation
The finished project is drawn up. Approve the document in the city gas service. Approve the project from 7 days to 4 months.
If all requirements are met, the owner receives approval. They issue a document, which is certified by the state gas service. According to the permit, you can start to transfer the boiler. If failures, check all documentation and correct errors. After submitting all the paperwork again to the state gas station.
The fifth step: remove the old equipment
Dismantling is done only by specialists licensed to work with gas devices. First disconnect the old boiler from the gas and water supply. Shut off the heating system. Drain all pipes.
The sixth step: installation of a new device
Installation is also carried out by a professional with a license. He must have a permit to work with gas devices. But there is no clear indication that the homeowner can not do the installation of a new boiler on their own.
If the standards are violated or the rules on the replacement of gas equipment are not followed. the special service can cut off the gas supply. Therefore, it is better to entrust the work to licensed professionals.
- Bring water and gas pipes to the new location of the boiler;
- Install a socket near the future device;
- A shield made of fire-resistant material is attached to the wall;
- Lay a fireproof base or make a concrete screed on the floor;
- Drill a hole in the wall for the chimney;
- Remove the flammable objects from the room.
- Mount the pipes in the chimney with a slight slope to prevent the accumulation of condensate. Insert the coaxial unit into the prepared hole and fix it. Fill the gaps with sealing foam.
- Mark the mounting points of the device on the wall. Fix the brackets.
- Hang the wall mounted boiler. If the equipment is floor-mounted, it is installed on a concrete base.
- Fasten the spigot of the unit to the chimney with a special elbow.
- Connect the heating system and water to the boiler.
- Install the gas pipe. use a flexible metal hose for this purpose. The employee from the gas service connects it.
- Connect the appliance to a socket and earth it.
- Check how the system works.
- Invite a professional to run the device.
Seventh step: testing
- Inspects the boiler carefully.
- Checks the connections on the pipes.
- Makes a test run of the unit.
- Checks if there are faults and defects.
- Control the operation of the equipment.
If the inspection is successful, the specialist draws up a report, which is submitted to the city gas service. If there are malfunctions, the errors are eliminated. The equipment is checked and adjusted again. A report is drawn up.
Eighth step: notification of service
Notifies the state gas company that the boiler has been successfully relocated or replaced. Write an application within 5 days after the inspection. Attaches service agreement, inspection report to the application. In addition there must be a document stating that the ventilation is in order and turned on.
Service employee comes and puts a seal on the meter. The owner will be able to use the new boiler and other appliances.
How to relocate a gas boiler or a boiler to another place
Is it possible to move the gas boiler to another room and place it in another place Many people want to move the gas heat generating equipment. a boiler or a column, for example, on another wall, or even outside the room. The easiest way to do it Guidance should be provided by standard SP 62.13330.2011 “Gas distribution systems,” and others to which he refers.
Can I move the gas boiler to a different room?
You can’t just move a boiler or a gas boiler to another room. The gas connection to the appliances is usually made with a flexible pipe, which is a corrugated stainless steel tube, the so-called “gas pipe”. In this regard, there is a paragraph of the standards, which do not allow the flexible gas line to cross any structures, windows, doors and other openings.
Thus, we cannot just take a long flexible connection and use it to drag the boiler to the next room because we will surely cross something that cannot be crossed By this point, the boiler is tied to the room where the fixed steel inflexible gas pipes are connected.
Any action on the gas appliances. only with the knowledge of the gas service.
It is forbidden to install gas equipment. a boiler or a column outside of compliance with the project. And the project must be approved and approved in accordance with regulations. Moving the boiler somewhere else entails a change in documentation. Therefore, the first step, if you want to move the gas heater or gas-fired boiler equipment, is to contact the gas service.
And then, wherever they are sent, depending on the severity of the situation and the complexity of addressing issues in a particular department. All regulations can sometimes be interpreted more mildly, especially since all of these documents are fraught with inaccuracies and ambiguities.
Why older buildings have gas boilers in bathrooms
Standard requirements change in accordance with new technology, new knowledge and new experience gained. Safety rules in any area are constantly improving.
Previously, when gas appliances were installed in “Stalinkas”, it was allowed to install heat-generating gas equipment in bathrooms. Now it’s not allowed, and no one will let you put a newly purchased speaker there. Such a project will not be developed and approved.
Another thing is that consumers manage to call the bathroom a second kitchen in the documents To point out that there are no appliances with open water in it. To take the shower and toilet out of there during installation, too
So, theoretically, you can put a gas boiler in the bathroom even today. Another thing is that it needs to be serviced, and the staff of the gas services can reasonably make serious claims for violation of the operation of gas equipment, if they find a shower head next to the boiler or column.
Is it possible to move the gas boiler from the corridor to the kitchen?
Is it acceptable to move the gas boiler from the corridor to the kitchen where it should be It is recommended to place the gas equipment in auxiliary rooms where it makes less noise and does not burden the interior. In kitchens, the gas boiler or water heater obstructs noise and cluttering the space. But the regulations allow to install them in kitchens.
Why is it possible in kitchens if there is a sink and open water? How is the sink better than the toilet bowl or sink in the bathroom The specialists of gas services do not have an answer to this simple question. They only know what is spelled out in the standard, in the kitchen can, in the bathroom can not, and that’s all, and no reasoning.
Why is it difficult to move the gas boiler to another room
It is necessary to draw up, agree and approve the relevant technical documentation, which is difficult. In practice, you will have to dismantle, clean and redo (re-weld) the gas supply line, to bring it into the room where the new project requires a boiler or a boiler.
However, many branches of the gas services are happy to see such customers who rush in and out with their boilers and are willing to pay for any whim. Therefore, there are many whims for those who want to move the boiler into another room, from all services which sign, approve and install, prepared a lot.
Is it possible to move the boiler from the kitchen to the corridor or pantry.
Boiler and other gas equipment can be moved from the kitchen to a pantry or hallway, or to another ancillary non-residential room, if there will be met a number of regulatory requirements. In particular the following is required.
Important points for moving the boiler
First of all, note that the transfer is only possible in a formalized room. In other words, you are not allowed to use the recently built outbuildings that are not in the house’s technical plan as a boiler room.
If you’re moving a boiler with a design change, be prepared that you’ll have to do it under the new SP, which went into effect in July 2019. Regulations of 1989, 2003, 2011 are invalid.
SP 402.1325800.2018 Residential Buildings. Rules for the design of gas consumption systems are slightly different from the old standards and are yet mandatory under the order of the Ministry of Construction.
Consider the basic nuances of gas design, taking into account the old and new rules:
- The room in which you are moving the boiler must be non-residential and entered in the house plan.
- The ceiling height in a room with a boiler with an open combustion chamber must be at least 2.2 m.
- The volume of the room (kitchen, kitchen-dining room, corridor) with a gas stove must be at least 8 cubic meters for a device with 2 burners, each subsequent burner, increases the volume by 3 cubic. meter.
- The room with a gas stove and a heat generator with an open combustion chamber must be a minimum of 6 cubic meters. meters more than in the paragraph. but not less than 15 cubic meters. meters.
- Heat generator may be installed in the basement or basement, but do not place it in the bathroom and sanitary units.
- Natural exhaust must be equipped with three times the air exchange per hour, and the inflow must be in the volume of the exhaust air for combustion. For an accurate calculation technical calculations are carried out.
- In kitchens-dining rooms provides for exhaust ducts in a single air exchange per hour of 100 cubic. meters.
- The door to the room opens to the outside
- Socket for power-dependent boilers must be located no further than 0.5 m from the device
Other important nuances that you may need to transfer the boiler, you will also find in SP 62.13330.2011 and SP 402.1325800.2018.
Compliance with the rules is quite difficult in terms of constructive arrangement. If you are just adding a new boiler room, take the whole list of requirements into account when designing the room.
What is needed to install a gas boiler
The first stage of installation, it is to determine whether the room meets the minimum standards for the installation of boiler equipment.
By type of room. the installation is allowed only in non-residential areas, fenced off from the rest of the room and hallway door. According to SNiP 2.04.08-87 (repealed), prohibited the installation in bathrooms and toilets, but in the regulations under the number SP 62.13330 (SNiP 42-01-2002). this indication is canceled.
If the room meets the requirements specified in the building regulations, proceed to the design and other documentation.
What permits are necessary
The permission for the use of the gas boiler must be obtained from the controlling organization operating in the region. Usually it is Gorgaz or Oblgaz. In order to execute all the necessary documents you will need to go through several stages of registration:
Technical specifications for connection to the gas pipeline. the permit will indicate that the technical conditions of the building and gas line parameters allow connecting the boiler equipment.It takes from several weeks to one month to prepare TU. The document must specify the estimated amount of gas consumed. Issuance of technical conditions is, in fact, permission to develop and produce a project.
Moving combination gas boiler from a kitchen to a cellar. what is involved.
Permit of Rostekhnadzor and other technical documentation for the boiler to be installed.
Approval results are issued to install the gas boiler room in accordance with the existing project.
Is it permissible to install with your own hands
In fact, the SP stipulates that installation work should be performed by a licensed and certified specialist. Few people know, but this norm applies only to work on connection to the gas main. Connection of the boiler itself can be performed independently, provided that you have technical education.
When deciding to install the boiler yourself or to involve specialists, take into account several nuances:
When installing a condensing boiler, you will need to connect the unit to the power grid and connect the condensate removal system without disturbance.
After installation, a representative of the gas utility must verify that the boiler works and fill out the commissioning documents.
Existing building regulations allow arrangement of a gas boiler in a private wooden house. Exceptions are multi-family buildings of the old type.
Requirements for the room for the installation of a gas boiler in a wooden house, include the following:
- Boiler room to be located on the ground floor or in a room. In a wooden house, it is forbidden to install a gas boiler in the basement except in a specially equipped separate room.
- The room must meet the requirements described in the PPB and sanitary norms.
- It is prohibited to place heating equipment in living rooms. Not allowed to install in the kitchen-living room, conditionally prohibited mounting in bathrooms and toilets.
- The presence of personal protective equipment and fire extinguishing, as well as smoke detectors and fire alarms is mandatory.
Before commissioning, check the efficiency of the heating system, as well as the availability of all necessary safety nodes. Gas control inspector will make sure that all requirements regarding boiler installation are fulfilled.
Separately, an audit of all documents required for the commissioning of the boiler. The minimum package includes:
Replacement of the gas boiler on the other what documents are needed
The main characteristics and technical data are as follows:
- weight (depending on model). 54. 236 kg;
- country of manufacturer. Ukraine.
- The number of burners (depending on the model). from 1 to 6;
- Ross boilers capacity. from 7 to 96 kW;
- Floor-standing, two-circuit, chimney;
- The necessary minimum of automation is applied;
- energy-independent (up to 50 kW);
- productivity of the secondary circuit. 18 l / min;
Gas boiler firm KOREASTAR Used wall mounted gas boiler Korea Star reviews have good, because the gas equipment of this Korean company is adapted to the conditions of Russia. Connect to the gas line through a special valve, gas meter, and thermostatic shutoff valve.The gas detector should also be installed in the boiler room. If the boiler involves connection to the electrical network, then a three-wire cable is used for this purpose, which has a plug.
What is the risk of replacing the floor standing gas boiler by the wall hung boiler??. Jurisprudence.RU
The floor standing gas boiler was removed from its place and a wall hung boiler was replaced with a water boiler. The installation was done by a master from the gas station not officially. Every year a contract on the maintenance of the gas equipment was signed. After 3.5 years the boiler began to have problems with its work. I call the staff, I hear the answer. the request is accepted and I have been waiting for 1.6 months. During this time, the workers came 3 times, but could not do anything, they said that they do not understand these boilers and silently leave (but there is a contract). They say the boiler needs cleaning but they don’t have a machine. According to an advert, I found a person who washes boilers, I called him, he came and did it. The problems remained. Called the workers again, they came, said that flushed well and left. I make another call to the gas service and I hear the answer: who flushed the boiler illegally, let them continue to repair. When installing a new wall mounted boiler, they didn’t change anything in the structures, they just removed the old boiler and replaced the gas boiler with a new one. I live in a 4-flat single-storey house.
Online legal advice Answer on the site within 15 minutes Ask a question
The issues of maintenance and repair of indoor and in-house gas equipment are regulated by the Rules of gas use in terms of ensuring safety when using and maintaining indoor and in-house gas equipment when providing public gas supply services, approved by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of May 14, 2013. On the ad found a man, who is engaged in washing of boilers, he came and washed it; N 410, and the Rules of gas supply for public utilities, approved by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of July 21, 2008 of the Russian Federation of July 21, 2008; N 410. N 549.According to the Rules for the use of gas replacement of equipment that is part of the indoor and (or) indoor gas equipment, is carried out by a specialized organization in the execution of the contract for the maintenance and repair of indoor and indoor gas equipment. The owner shall not be entitled to independently replace the said equipment without the involvement of a specialized organization.
In accordance with Art. 41 of the above Rules.
The customer has the right to demand: a) performance of works (rendering services) on maintenance and repair of in-house and (or) indoor gas equipment in accordance with the contract on maintenance and repair of in-house and (or) indoor gas equipment, these Rules, other regulations and normative technical acts;
b) amending the contract for the maintenance and repair of indoor and (or) in-house gas equipment in terms of the list of equipment included in the serviced indoor or in-residential gas equipment, in case of changes in the number and types of equipment included;
g) carry out repair works of indoor or in-house gas equipment
On the basis of requests of the customer;
The responsibilities of the consumer and the provider under the contract are stipulated in section 7 of the rules, so according to Art. 66
The Contractor shall be liable under the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, the Russian Federation Law “On Protection of Consumer Rights” and the contract for the maintenance and repair of in-house and (or) in apartment gas equipment
a) for violation of the quality of work (provision of services) for maintenance and repair of in-house and indoor gas
In your case, the service contract has already been concluded, which equipment is specified in it? Your? If yes, then you must send a written complaint to the provider (gas service). But first it is worth to consult a specialist in the field of heating, because the problem may not be in the gas equipment, but in the pipes or radiators. If an old gas boiler is listed, you will most likely have to pay a fine and do a project for a new boiler after a dispute with the gas company. Usually, if the power of a new unit has not been changed to a higher value, there is no problem.
Relocating a gas boiler in a private home: the steps of obtaining permission and implementing the project
Average cost for 2021 The cost of connecting gas to your home will vary, depending on the location, but on average:
- Collection of primary documents (application costs from 8,000 to 50,000).
- Inspection work to verify readiness for operation will come out between 1,000 and 2,000.
- The design work is priced between 3,000 and 20,000.
- Building a pipe from the central line to your house and distributing the pipes over it will cost between 2,000 and 5,000 per meter.
- To cut your pipe into the main one, you will need to pay 10 000 to 15 000.
Please note that the are given without taking into account the stimulating payments to the gas supply company. When laying the gas line from the cabinet must comply with the following requirements:
- The pipeline should not cross window and door apertures;
- The pipeline should be reliably fastened to the walls of the building.
- the height of the pipeline must be at least 2.5 m from the ground;
Cylinder equipment will not cope with the task of heating the house, but if the only consumer of gas will be a kitchen stove, it will be the best option for a private house or cottage. To solve the issue with the heating of the house will help to install a system of autonomous gas.
And here to help professionals, such as the company “Nordstroy” (St. Petersburg), which has serious experience and performs work on the gasification of private and commercial, industrial facilities, boiler maintenance and engineering networks. It is necessary to attach a special pressure regulator to the cylinder, which should bring the indicator to the norm, and only then the gas will flow directly to the appliances. From the pressure regulator, the gas flows further into the house through a steel pipe that runs along the exterior walls, and through the wall into the corresponding room.
The point of entry of the gas pipe should be provided at the design stage of the house. The cylinder cabinet must be installed on a foundation of at least 0.2 m high, and it must be firmly fastened to the wall of the house.