The steam generator does not give steam: what can be done on your own
There can be many reasons, moreover, depending on both the user and on the design of the device. The most common can be attributed:
Philips Steam Generator Iron HI5918 TESTING
- Using dirty water. Due to the large amount of iron salts, when heated it, plaque forms, which is very difficult to remove.
- Finding water in the apparatus during storage, which leads to the same raid, plus, there is a pattern factor leading to corrosion of metal parts.
- Constant use of the device in maximum mode. This leads to overheating of silicone and plastic parts, in the compounds of which it can be formed, which is explained by the expansion of materials.
- Improper storage and inaccurate operation. Do not excessively tighten the power cord, because at the exit from the apparatus the veins usually break.
Consider the most popular breakdowns in more detail.
Steam does not serve. What’s the matter?
- Scale and lime plaque. This may be due to the fact that non.Filtered water was used;
- The internal coating of the equipment was showered. Most often, owners of budget/Chinese models with low.Quality details are faced with this;
- The failure of the electrician (for example, a pump, thermallane or thermostat may fail). In this case, the household appliance should be attributed to the service center or to begin to think about buying a new.
If this is a scale, then solving this problem is simple. Get rid of it with the help of special tools, for example, anti.Nakipin or Kalgon. Citric acid will also help this.
As for the deformation of the internal coating, then it is worth contacting specialists, since the device will need to be disassembled, and then clean the boiler and channels. It may also be necessary to replace the details.
Does not turn on
First of all, check the integrity of the wiring. This can be done by measuring the resistance.
If the device shows it, then the chain is serviceable, if not, then there is a cliff in the cable, the heat.Subject, thermostat or the heating element itself.
Do not forget to check the power button, because due to the constantly high power, the contacts could burn out, and the case is deformed, which often occurs and occurs.
In any case, if you find smoke, then immediately take the device for repairs, since independent repair can lead to irreversible consequences.
Water flows from the sole of the iron
Make sure the steam generator is not full of water. Do not pour water to the very edges.
The following situation may also be the reason: the sole of the iron did not warm up, and you are already in a hurry to give steam. Give the time to warm up to the desired temperature, and then only serve steam.
Before you start ironing, set the suitable mode on the device, and then put the iron so that its sole is in an upright position. Wait for the indicator to turn off. And only then press the steam supply button.
Otherwise, water flows from the sole
Also, the cause of water from the sole may be careless bending of the hose along which steam is supplied
Rusty water flowed
The reason for this may be high hardness salts, that is, water contains a lot of iron, to eliminate the defect, you need to use a water filter.
The steam generator itself must be washed with clean water, at the same time perform prevention from plaque and scale, using anti.Wound or citric acid. In particularly severe cases, you will have to figure out the device for mechanical cleaning.
Also one of the reasons may be stagnant water. It is extremely recommended to leave it for a long time, because it spoils and the plaque forms. It is better to pour fresh.
If the device is “spitting”, then this may be due to a valve breakdown. To make sure of this, you need to close the valve and turn on the device (but not in the “steam supply per iron” mode). Now you should swing it.
Drops of water appeared? Then the matter is in the valve. To solve this problem, you should contact the service center.
During operation of household appliances, various malfunctions sometimes appear, which can be diagnosed by characteristic features and carry out the repair of steam generators with your own hands. If steam generators refuse to fulfill the duties assigned to them, the reason may be different.
- The station does not give steam. The heater is burned out or its contacts. The incorrect operation of the boiler switch may also be present, or the steam supply button on the device is simply broken.
- The pressure is not adjusted. The switch is broken.
- The device supplies steam of irregular temperature. The temperature fuse is burned out, the thermostat was out of order.
- Lack of voltage. One of the veins is cut off in the network cord.
- Poor water heating. A lot of deposits have accumulated on the walls of the container.
- The water level indicator is constantly glowing. The sensor is broken.
- The steam is constantly dumped through the safety valve. Perhaps there is little water in the container.
- Water appeared under the station-somewhere there is a leak, turn off the steam generator and localize the malfunction.
In addition to these failures, there are many more reasons that provoke the appearance of malfunctions in the operation of the steam generator.
To make a complete diagnosis of the product and fix various refusals with your own hands, you must have special equipment, only simple malfunctions can be found and eliminated with one multimeter and soldering iron.
The principle of operation and device
The greatest difficulty for the master is the device of steamers. Manufacturers in every possible way protect their devices from unauthorized interference by self-taught masters. It is believed that when disassembling internal parts and housing, the product will receive additional damage, which will instantly be detected by service employees.
The internal device of the average steam generator:
- Power cable.
- Special pump that pushes the piston. The drive is mainly mechanical, which works with the power of pressing a finger.
- Boiler. Inside the water collector there is a series of fuses. If the included carrier is not working, then the heat.Guide is most likely burned down. You can check this with a multimeter that need to call both ends of the cord.
The principle of operation of the steamer is reduced to one. Obtaining a pair under pressure.
If you follow these simple rules, you can significantly reduce the likelihood of a breakdown and save on repair.
Why does a steam generator spray water | What to do if the sender spits ineveled actions can lead to a significant increase in the cost of repairs, which will later have to be carried out in the service center. Ask, I’m in touch!
Common problems and their elimination
If the malfunctions are simple, can be eliminated without contacting the service center. The experience and skills of repairing electrical devices are needed. A list of problems and methods of repair will help you.
- Lack of steam supply:
- Inspect the system responsible for water heating, electromagnetic valve and fuse.
- Remove pollution from a steam tube.
- Clean the water container from scale.
- Install a new thermostat or hose that serves for an influx of steam to the iron.
- Take a closer look at the steam supply button, whether it is necessary to replace it.
- Incorrect functioning of the pressure switch. A malfunction of the toothbler or micro.Plane. Diagnosed with a multimeter and solved by the replacement of the part.
- Does not respond to pressing the button on the control panel. Damaged wiring. Make sure of its integrity. If everything is fine, replace the button.
- Flashing indicator at low water level. A failure in the operation sensor of the fluid volume. Replace the part and normalize the water level.
- Low steam pressure from holes on the bottom of the iron. Replace the regulator if it is faulty.
Briefly about the design
Regardless of which manufacturer produces a steam generator, for example, “Bosch”, “Philips” or “Tefal”, all devices are characterized by three main parts:
Household appliance is also equipped with special nozzles.
Consider the principle of operation of the steam generator:
- The boiler heats the water.
- As a result, steam is formed.
- Educated couples according to a special hose device are fed to the iron.
- At the base of the iron there is a penetration.
- The pairs leaving the holes processes the fabric, smoothing any type of fold.
Important! Neither the size of the clothing nor its density affect the quality of steaming. Thus, the steam generator has the possibility of simultaneous processing of bedding, jeans, costumes made of semi.Wool fabrics, various synthetic products, as well as materials that require very delicate circulation, such as silk clothing, for example, silk clothing.
The household station of the TEFAL manufacturer’s steam generator is significantly different from household appliances with precisely the same manufacturer:
- The size is a significant difference. The household station is much larger and more voluminous, while occupying a lot of space in the room;
- In the steam generator, the water is supplied to a separate compartment of the boiler, in which the heating occurs until the steam is formed;
- The educated pairs are not wet. It is dry with an approximate temperature of about 160 degrees;
- Clothing and underwear are processed without contacting them with an iron, so there is no damage to clothes when processing a ferry and you should not worry about the integrity of things.
The main causes of the breakdown
There are several reasons why the steam generator can fail and begin to spray water. The main reasons are only three. Below they are discussed in more detail.
To make sure that the cause of the breakdown lies in the valve malfunction, it is necessary to do the following:
If water drops appear, then you must make sure that moisture is not closed. The solution of the problem in this case will be the replacement of the valve.
In the case when the sole of the iron did not flare up to the set temperature, it is impossible to supply steam. Otherwise, water can run from the device.
Important! Before you start ironing, it is necessary to set the required temperature and set the type of fabric. Then you need to wait for the indicator to turn off.
Only when the device is completely heated and the indicator turns off, you can start the process of steam release. Before the iron heats up, it must be kept in an upright position.
After full heating, the indicator will immediately turn off. Otherwise, instead of a couple, water will come out of the device used. The lid of the pouring hole should always be tightly closed to the click. Otherwise, water will spoil clothes.
Careless bending the hose
The water, along with the steam, will be produced in any case, even if the hose is slightly clamped or the iron is opposite the output hole of the steam, or the hose is much lower. Water, in this case, will begin to go out after a few minutes, this leads to a cork. Because of this, water cannot get into the device used.
Attention! Water circulation is disturbed and steam condensate is formed. Steam cannot pass through holes, without taking a stream of water with it. When there is a lot of water in the traffic, it is possible to reverse water into the niche and a moisture collection container.
Steam Station Philips GC7015 steam does not extradite
How to disassemble the Philips iron
Few people know how to disassemble the Philips iron for repair if it has stopped working. The topic is very relevant, since the Russian market offers many models of household appliances of the Dutch manufacturer. Performer vacuum cleaners, Drachten steam generators, steam irons of the PowerLife, Easycare, Elance, Azur series. All these products are well.Deserved among Russians.
Even for those who do not understand very well in technical matters, the device of a modern steam iron will be clear. The principle of operation in most ironing systems (regardless of the manufacturer) is one and the same.
A clean liquid is collected in the neck. When electricity is supplied through the cord to the device, a tubular electric heater (hereinafter referred to as also the TEN) begins to warm up the sole along with the steam generator camera. The heating temperature is regulated by rotation of the thermostat.
In the upper part of the case, next to the handle, there are buttons and levers that regulate the supply of steam. Water from the built.In container enters the steam generator chamber connected to the sole. Heating, water becomes steam and exits through the holes of the base, penetrating into the fiber of the fabric.
There are parts in any design that are more loaded than other elements. They most often fail. In addition, the durability of the electric vehicles affect:
The table shows the most common breakdown of Philips ironing:
Damage to the integrity of the network cord is the most common breakdown. During ironing, the cable bends many times and twists. As a result, isolation or contact of one of the wires with a connector in the iron is violated. This can lead to a short circuit or damage to a person with electric shock. If the contact in the connection is disturbed, it can be restored. When repairing, perform the replacement of the cord with a new, with heat.Resistant insulation. In extreme cases, temporarily isolate the bare contacts
Due to the scale from the holes in the sole, an insufficient pair comes out and the clothes are poorly inflated. The defect is observed with prolonged use of hard tap water.
The scale from the sole can be removed by immersing it in a concentrated solution of citric or acetic acid. To clean the base, you need to disassemble the case. If you clean the steam holes well with a cotton swab moistened in a solution of vaults or citric acid, then you can get rid of this defect for a while
The thermostat does not control the temperature, and the iron does not heat up. The reason, as a rule, lies in the fact that dust, dirt and pile from fabrics that accumulate over time interfere with the proper operation of the contact group of the temperature regulator. Because of this, the voltage is not supplied to the heater, or it is disconnected earlier than the prescribed time. To restore performance, you need to disassemble the iron body and clean the contact group in the thermostat. To clean contacts, you can use fine sandpaper or any sharp metal item
The breakdown of the tubular electric heater often leads to the fact that the iron does not heat up. Since the heater is built into the sole, its replacement for financial costs is comparable to the purchase of a new iron. To check the integrity of the part, you need to disassemble the ironing device and call the heater with a multimeter (see. A photo). If the heater is working, its resistance should be in the range of 20–45 Ohms. The cliff of the chain means that the heater has failed
From the proposed video, readers can find out how to completely get rid of scale, dust and dirt in the PHILIPS GC 3320 ironing:
How to clean the iron at home
At home, remove the scale from the outer surface and internal elements of the iron with the help of:
How to use chemical cleaners
The most common are German means, which include organic acid, water and anti.Corrosion substances (Topperr, Bosch, Filtero 605).
- We prepare a solution of water and agents in a ratio of 3: 1.
- We heat the iron at the maximum temperature.
- Turn off.
- Put the device horizontally and leave for 2 hours.
- Pour the product, and wash the iron 1-2 times with water.
- Before ironing, we check by ejecting the steam purity of the iron.
Special liquids from scale cope perfectly with its removal from the surface of the iron
The most affordable cleaning method is citric acid
- 2 h. L. Pour citic acid into half a glass of hot water.
- Drink soft tissue in this solution.
- Attach it to the holes on the iron.
- After a few minutes, remove the fabric and turn on the device, and clean the holes later with ordinary cotton sticks.
To clean with citric acid, the iron inside, make a solution of 25 g of powder and 200 ml of water.
- Pour the solution into a water container and turn on the iron on the maximum temperature.
- Wait for re.Turning on, and when the device turns off for the second time, release steam. Heated solution in the form of steam will fall into the channels and soften the scale.
Citric acid is the most popular assistant in the fight against a bit
Rusting rust vinegar
This method perfectly removes the rust from the sole of the iron, but has several disadvantages:
Heated sole slightly iron the fabric moistened in a solution. It is important to take care of ventilation of the room.
Cleaning vinegar is not the safest way, but effective when it is necessary to remove rust