What is dry freezing
The term “dry freezing” can be misleading anyone? What kind of “beast” is, and why the average buyer is getting too rare with this concept? The answer to this question is surprisingly simple. The fact is that if, going to buy a refrigerator, you ask the seller in a store about refrigerators with dry freezing, he will show you on models working with No Frost technology.
So, we open you a terrible secret. Dry freezing and technology No Frost. Concepts of identical.
All these refrigerators, the cost of which is higher than models with a drip of freezing system is exactly what we are looking for.
It remains to study in more detail the question of what is precisely dry frost or no frost. No Frost technology is not just a system of automatic defrosting of the refrigerator, although the name itself is unobtrusively hinting at this.
In addition to the fact that ice will not form in the refrigerators, in the operation of models with dry freezing will be used dry freezing of products. Let us explain in more detail.
In the drip refrigerators, defrosting the refrigerator occurs after ice forms on the back wall. The compressor is turned off, the ice is defrosted, and the drops flow into the tray.
This, in turn, slightly increases the humidity in the refrigerator (simultaneously with the release of moisture from stored products), and ice appears again. Now look at no frost.
Dry freezing technology involves the use of products circulating products circulating in the refrigerating and freezing space during storage. The air “blows” the products in the refrigerator, as a result of which there is a slight drying.
Rather, the products themselves remain normal, but the process of natural moisture isolation on their surface is absent. As a result, ice is simply not formed from, and the level of humidity in the refrigerator is at a low level.
Thus, the products are cooled without excess moisture, which allows us to talk about the use of dry freezing technology, which is used both in the refrigerator and the freezer. For comparison, the drip system works exclusively in the refrigerator.
We think all the advantages are obvious. Firstly, dry frost allows you to evenly distribute the temperature over all the chambers, without individual temperature features in different areas.
This means that you can store products with the same efficiency on both the lower and on the upper shelf, both closer to the back wall and closer to the door. There are practically no difference.
Secondly, as we have already said, dry freezing works both in the refrigerator and in the freezer, so all products in the household device will be stored at optimal temperatures. Thirdly, dry freezing works faster than a regular compressor, as a result of which, even with frequent discoveries of the refrigerator door, the temperature inside will be restored to the required level at a matter of moments.
Conducting theoretical studies, experts found that dry frost still dries the products. Whether to believe it? Reviews of users of the refrigerators of the No Frost system show that in practice no drying is observed.
The main drawback of refrigerators with dry frost is still considered their high cost, in comparison with drip refrigerators. In addition, the system is quite complicated, therefore, when failing, its repair can cost a decent amount and drag on for no less decent period.
Cooling with dry ice. Dry freezing technology
Many have repeatedly heard this expression: dry ice, but not everyone understands what it is. Let’s try to make clarity.
The usual carbon dioxide, only having a solid state, is dry ice. Applying an increase in temperature, with ordinary atmospheric pressure, to dry ice, it will certainly change its condition, moving into a gaseous one, and it is worth noting, the liquid phase will not be involved.
About the cooling process
During this process, heat transfer of the external environment of its potential to dry ice occurs. If we compare the cold.Producing of dry ice with the usual water, then the obvious advantage is visible, its specific cold production of 637 kJ/kg at 0 s, this is 2 times greater than the ice productivity from the water from the water! And the cold.Productivity in volumetric form of solid carbon dioxide or dry ice exceeds water ice by almost 3 times!
It is also necessary to take into account a positive fact: in the process of excretion from dry ice, sublimation, as if enveloping with carbon dioxide, which has a gaseous shape, of various perishable products, that is, they receive additional, completely harmless preservative properties. If you combine dry ice and ether, then you can easily get the temperature reaching.100s.
Dry ice is made at specialized enterprises that are related to carbon dioxide secretions. In the finished form, it is a small block.
At the first stage of the production of dry ice, the release of gaseous acid is achieved in a pure form, then during a decrease in the temperature regime, carbon dioxide from liquid is turned into a solid consistency.
The use of dry ice
Dry ice is widely used in various directions, for example, for transportation and storage of ice cream, for additional cooling of any vehicles and t. D.
Upon contact of dry ice with an object intended for cooling or using additional coolant, for example, air, the process of cooling with dry ice occurs.
When using additional coolant, dry ice must be chopped and placed in containers made of metal, they are also called s, through these containers there is direct circulation of air. You can also enhance the circulation by using an additional fan.
The use of dry ice or dry frosts significantly increases the shelf life of some products. For example: various types of fillings can be stored at.18so.Collections, varieties of frozen dough.3 months, pies with sweet filling.6 months, and filling from various types of cabbage.2 months.
Advantages of cooling with dry ice
It should be noted a number of significant advantages of the production of products subjected to fast freezing.
- Everyone knows that with prolonged storage, many frozen foods lose their biological value, the use of quick frost allows us to reduce this indicator by as many as 30%. The loss of products is significantly reduced, both at catering enterprises and in home cuisine.
- Large enterprises can release employees who are engaged in unnecessary work: the bulkhead and sorting of food for direct preparation or sale for the population. The endless costs used for housekeeping are significantly reduced.
- The use of dry freezing technology allows you to easily produce a large supply of food in different assortment. This will make the incessant sale of products in large supermarkets and grocery centers for 12 months.
Processing with dry ice and fast freezing amenable to almost all products of animal origin. These are various types of meat and the resulting meat products, all kinds of fish and semi.Finished products from it, dairy types of goods and egg products, as well as all kinds of fats.
Applying fast freezing, in these foods, biochemical, microbiological, physical, chemical, histological process are preserved and do not lose their properties, it is these processes that affect the nutritional value of products, as well as are responsible for their quality and stamina.
Freezing of food products with dry ice, significantly reduces losses with prolonged refrigeration storage and processing of products. Meat, as is known from all of the above products, is the most valuable and important in the human diet. With quick freezing, there are practically no food values of this food product.
FREEZE DRYING tips for BEGINNERS: plus What’s the DIFFERENCE between DEHYDRATING & FREEZE DRYING?
Why exactly shock freezing?
The water contained in fish and seafood during freezing is converted to crystals. When using traditional technology, these crystals are large and, crashing into the cell space, damage the fibers and muscle structure of the fish. Products subject to such frost in many respects lose its taste and beneficial properties.
In order to avoid this and used shock freezing. It helps to freeze fish much faster by microcrystallization: the formation of a large number of crystallization centers leads to the fact that the size of crystals is noticeably reduced. Thanks to this, the cells remain untouched.
So, we summarize the above: the smaller the time of freezing, the smaller the crystals are formed on the fish. Which means that the fish is almost not deformed and better retains its taste.
Another advantage of shock freezing over traditional technology is that due to the high speed of the transition from the liquid phase to solid, the activity of the bacteriological environment decreases. High frost speed does not leave bacteria the chances of development.
How to quickly defrost the old refrigerator
Thawing of intended ice. A long process. Start washing equipment before this process is completed, should not be. But what to do if your time is limited? How to quickly defrost the refrigerator, especially when it comes to old models? Such units need much more time for thawing than modern equipment.
You can speed up the process in the following ways:
- Put the container with boiling water on the shelves.
- Turn on the heater or heat.Cognrator and install the refrigerator compartment and “freezers” in front of open doors.
- If the freezing department is covered with a large number of growths of ice, “rejoice” them with a hairdryer, setting the maximum air temperature.
- With strong ice on the walls of the freezer, it is allowed to clean the surfaces with a plastic spatula. In no case do not use knives and other sharp objects for these purposes! You risk spoiling the unit.
- In the summer, when defrosting, disconnect the split system, and if the air temperature on the street significantly exceeds the room, open the windows in the room where the unit is installed.
When defrosting, make sure that melt water does not flow into the “filling” of the refrigerator, as this will lead to corrosion of metal parts and premature failure of an expensive unit.
No Frost system
The name is translated from English as “without frost”. Principle of operation: behind the back wall of the refrigerator chamber “hidden” fans. They draw warm and wet air, cool it, and the water remains in the evaporator. Further cold air accelerates evenly throughout the body.
No Frost refrigerators are always dry, there is no frustration or ice, and thorough cleaning in it is worth conducting it once a year.
There are two cooling systems: Frost Free and Full No Frost.
In the first case, you are dealing with symbiosis. A drip system is installed in the refrigerator, and in the freezer. No Frost.
In the second. No Frost is installed in the refrigerator and in the freezer.
Advantages and disadvantages
Devices with the No Frost system have a number of “fat” advantages:
Harvest Right Freeze Dryer. 10 Things I Wish I Had Known.Freeze Dried Fridays (FDF)
- In principle, they do not require defrosting, ice will not form even after years. However, manufacturers still recommend that once a year give the systems to “relax”.
- You can safely remove hot dishes in them. This will not harm the condenser, however, the consumption of electricity will increase.
- The cold is distributed evenly throughout the refrigerator.
- Cools and freezes products faster than drip (especially if the Super.Summarrian option works).
- Condensate is not formed on the back wall.
Of these advantages, minuses of use also follow:
- All other things being equal, No Frost has less chambers than drip. You need a place to place a fan.
- They are more expensive.
- They consume more electricity (especially if warm dishes regularly clean them in them).
- They are noisy (the reason is a working fan). Although, as in the case of drip, it all depends on the model and the brand. Read the reviews and those.Passport.
- Products dry and bend faster. You can cope with this by purchasing separate plastic boxes and storage containers. And do not neglect the food film.
- To defrost the device once a year will still have to.
Myths about refrigerators with No Frost
- They often break. This is not true. Not a single device is insured from the breakdown. Yes, the refrigerators of No Frost have more chances to break more. Simply because they are more difficult. The part in the fan will break. You have to take it for repairs. But the “crying” models can break in the same way. If you operate the equipment correctly, there will be no problems with it.
- They overdry products. This is partly true. The blame for all dry air in the unit. Leveling this minus is simple. Use containers, boxes and food film.
- They consume a lot of electricity. Partly true. Indeed, units with drip cooling of interest are 30 more economically. That’s just everything depends on the specific model. Modern refrigerators (without additional functions) do not consume so much electricity.
- They do not need to be defrost and wash. Also a myth. Defrosting is needed once a year, and if the refrigerator is not washed, then bacteria will multiply in it.
How the drip system works and its features
Drip defrosting system involves the evaporator built into the refrigerator. It is located behind the back wall of the device and distributes cooling. As a result, small drops of water appear. Condensate. They fall into the evaporator and do not accumulate in the device.
Units with a drip of defrosting system have the following advantages: low cost, more useful volume of the device compared to the refrigerators of the know.Frost, a wide range of models and a low noise level.
Experts include the shortcomings of the long restoration of the previous temperature regime after a long opening of the door and a noticeable difference in the temperature regime between the lower and upper shelves of the device. The lower shelves can be 5-7 ° C colder than the upper.
Consider the best refrigerators with a drop system:
- Atlant XM 4008-022. Normal device with electromechanical control. Energy consumption class. A. Two cameras and two doors. Autonomous preservation of cold until 17 hours. Freezing power up to 3 kg of products per day. The minimum temperature in the freezer is.18 ° C. The total volume of the device is 244 liters. The volume of the refrigerator. 168 liters. Freezer volume. 76 liters. Shelves are made of high.Quality glass. The ability to outweigh the door. Noise level. Up to 35 dB. Average
- Bosch KGV36NW1AR. The device with the lower arrangement of the freezer. Coating material. Plastic and metal. Electronic control. Autonomous conservation of cold up to 22 hours will not to worry when suddenly disconnecting electricity from the user. Freezing power. Up to 4.5 kg of products per day is suitable for a small family. There are functions of super.Commercial and temperature indication. The total volume of the refrigerator is 317 liters. The volume of the refrigerator. 223 liters. The volume of the freezer is 94 liters. Glass shelves. The model allows you to choose which way to the hostess to open the door. Noise level. Up to 37 dB. Average
- Biryusa 542. Electromechanical control unit. Energy consumption class. B. One camera and one door. The freezer is thawed manually. The total volume of the refrigerator is 275 liters. Shelves material. Glass. Noise level. Up to 38 dB. Users highlight small dimensions, the capacity of the device, comfortable and wide shelves. Average
Total No Frost
This system is almost identical to the previous one and differs, in fact, only the name. By the way, these systems have another important feature. Full No Frost and Total No Frost refrigerators most often have additional circulation channels between the freezer and the refrigerator compartment.
On the one hand, this allows you to maintain a more even and cool temperature. But on the other hand, with non.Compliance with the rules of storage of products, you risk getting ice cubes for a cocktail that smell garlic.
Pros and cons of “know.Frost
The popularity of the “non.Freezing” system is growing every day. But the traditional drip system also does not give up position too much. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the system “without hoarfrost”?
- Do not require close attention of the hostess. It is enough to defrost it once, a maximum twice a year. At the rest of the time, you just need to wipe the shelves and doors.
- You will never see hoarfrost or driving drops on the walls of the camera. Never flow and cry “.
- The rate of cooling the product cooling is also plus. Refrigerators with “windy” cooling perform the task much faster.
- Have the same temperature in all compartments. The exception can be only a separate programmable freshness zone.
- No frost is suitable for both the cooling chamber and the freezer compartment.
- Very quickly restore the set temperature after opening/closing the door.
- Some models have a fast dry freeze function, which many housewives really like.
- Due to the built-in fans supplying cold air into the camera, the real internal volume of such models is slightly less than it might seem at first glance.
- For the same reason, “but Frost” consumes a little more electricity than their drip comrades.
- Differs a little more noisy work. However, the most modern models are equipped with a system of enhanced sound insulation, so an increased amount of decibels is almost imperceptible.
- The air circulating in the camera of the refrigerator No Frost drains not only the walls, but also the products. To prevent a similar effect, products should be packaged in plastic containers or wrapped in cling film.
- Probably the biggest disadvantage of such refrigerators is the price, slightly higher than that of drip analogues.
Three best refrigerators of Indesit
See also what a drip system of defrosting the refrigerator is