Cum se scoate rezistenta de la boiler ARISTON Tutorial
Replacement of the feed valve for the Navien gas boiler
We installed an additional expansion tank. but the problem remained, the pressure still grew. thorough diagnostics showed that the feed valve does not work. In its closed position, water continued to flow into the system. Therefore, pressure and grew. This malfunction can be temporarily eliminated by shutting off the water supply valve at the boiler inlet. But in this case it was impossible to use hot water. Therefore, having bought a make-up valve assembly (or a hydraulic unit) in a specialized store, we decided to replace it.
We note right away that work on replacing the Navien gas boiler feed valve must be carried out by gas service workers. But there are a great many brands of boilers and not all experts are familiar with this particular device. Therefore, so that the master does not think for a long time how to make a replacement, you can print this article and use it as a guide.
Устройство водонагревателя накопительного типа ARISTON
First start-up and adjustment of the boiler
When the installation and connection work is over, you can proceed to setting up and testing the equipment.
Performing the first run
Initial action accompanying the first launch of an ariston gas boiler, is the filling of the heating circuit with water. In this case, it is necessary to set the air valves of the radiators to the working (open) state.
The same actions aimed at bleeding the system apply to the boiler circulation pump. As the circuit is filled with water, air is removed from the system, the water pressure on the pressure gauge reaches 1. 1.5 atmospheres, the tap on the feeding mowing line is closed.
At the next stage of commissioning of a gas boiler, actions related to gas supply are performed.
- open the doors and windows of the working room;
- eliminate the presence of sources of open fire;
- check the burner circuit and control system for leaks.
Testing the control unit and the burner for tightness is carried out by briefly opening (no more than 10 minutes) the main shut-off valve of the gas cutting line. In this case, the solenoid valve and the manual damper of the boiler are set to the closed position. With this position of the system, the gas flow meter should show a zero result (no leakage).
Adjustment manipulations with the control panel
Modern gas heating equipment is equipped with a control panel where the user can set the desired operating parameters of the unit. Next, let’s take a closer look at how to set up a household gas boiler brand Ariston.
Actually, the user’s actions on the control panel are obvious here:
- Switch on the device by activating the ON/OFF button.
- Mark the operating mode parameters on the display.
- Mark the service mode functions on the display.
Next, the gas parameters are checked, for which the front panel of the boiler is dismantled, the control panel plate is lowered and test manipulations are performed with the connection of the measuring pressure gauge to the pressure taps.
These operations are the prerogative of gas service specialists. Self-execution is not recommended, as it is necessary to clearly know the functionality of the equipment.
Then the boiler starts in test mode through the system function “Petrychist”. To enter the test mode, activate the Reset button and hold it down for at least 5 seconds. The output from the test mode is performed by re-activating the reset key.
Maximum/Minimum Power Testing
This type of test also provides for controlling pressure on specialized equipment points, followed by measurement of parameters on the pressure gauge. It is necessary to disconnect the compensating tube of the combustion chamber. Again, the “Chimney sweep” mode is used, activated through the control panel.
Similarly, the boiler is tested for the minimum power level. True, the adjusting screw of the modulator is additionally used if it is necessary to correct the value of the minimum operating pressure of the boiler. On this occasion, a video is posted below, where for some reason the modulator is called a motor.
Putting equipment into operation
The process of starting the device provides for the following user actions:
- Activate ON/OFF button.
- Select standby mode.
- Hold down the “Mode” button (Mode) 3-10 seconds.
- Wait for the bleed cycle (about 7 minutes).
- Open line gas cock.
- Switch on the DHW operation mode with the “Mode” button.
If all actions were performed by a master of a specialized company, then he checks the compliance of the gas pressure during the operation of the unit and draws up an appropriate act.
And also instructs on the safe operation of gas equipment and puts the boiler on a guarantee.
Heat exchanger defects
Micro-cracks may form on it. And they are extremely hard to see. In addition, water, coming out, immediately evaporates due to the high temperature of this component.
This dilemma often arises in wall-mounted units. In many of them, the heat exchanger is located in an insulated combustion chamber, and can only be reached by removing the front cover.
How to increase pressure in a gas wall-mounted boiler? If it has two circuits, also examine the secondary heat exchanger located near the primary. Minor cracks are brewed. And if leak is serious, then the entire heat exchanger changes.
What is the problem of pressure reduction?
Allocate many reasons why such a malfunction can happen. Among the most likely there are problems with a tank, sometimes different heat exchanger damage. However, in most cases, the reason for the pressure drop in the gas boiler lies in the non-working condition of the fuel crane. It can be loosely closed, and may not be completely faulty. Even slight mechanical damage to the valve can cause a drop in pressure. Otherwise, it is called a connected valve or filling cock. It is mainly put on combined or double-circuit boilers. The fact is that the water supply system and the heating circuit communicate through an open or faulty filling valve, but this should not happen. The consequence of this is the leveling of pressure, as the two systems turn out to be interconnected. Usually inside the water supply, the internal pressure is much higher than it should be in the heating system. Therefore, through the hole, this pressure is quickly dissipated, and in the end it turns out that, in fact, the boiler and water supply will have the same pressure.
At the same time, the boiler continues its work, but the pressure indicators remain the same, since the water, expanding due to heating, flows into the water supply. It is necessary for us only to turn on hot water, as the pressure will immediately fall. That is, due to an open tap, the boiler and the water supply are essentially communicating vessels, trying to balance each other. This explains the sharp unpleasant smell, because the water, before flowing out through the tap, passes through the water supply system, into which the already used water is drained. But as soon as you turn off the hot water, the pressure in the entire system returns to normal. It returns to the state in which it is when cold water enters the house. That’s just the pressure in the boiler remains low, as the water fills the boiler through the same fuel tap.
It follows that this problem causes the tank to constantly fill and empty. This is very harmful to the entire system, and there are two reasons for this:
- The oxygen that tap water brings with it. It oxidizes all pipes, which leads to their malfunction. Corrosion of metal has a very negative effect on it, which can eventually lead to serious problems. Pipes subject to corrosion destroyed and after some time the water through them starts to pass. Repair can be very expensive, as it will have to replace all the equipment. A constant flow of fresh water reduces the life of the equipment by five to ten times.
- Salts contained in large quantities in the same water. They lead to the formation of scale, and this is also not useful for the boiler. Cleaned this scale from the pipes will be almost impossible without damaging them. Leading manufacturers of heating equipment strongly recommend that the make-up should not be more than the volume of the boiler, tripled.
If an error code appears on the screen of the Ariston double-circuit gas boiler, it is recommended to restart the equipment in order to exclude the possibility of a system failure.
To do this, click the “Reset” button. If it does not help, then the system signals a valid error.
Below we raise errors in the following order:
These errors are suitable for all Ariston models (for example, Uno 24ff, BS24 kW, etc.d.)
- sp 3 (5p3). for Ariston Class Evo The flame comes off. Check the operation of the fuel supply valve. Determine the correct installation of the coaxial pipe, clean it from blockage. Possible low gas pressure.
- 501 No Rizhag. Check whether the gas supply crane opened. Inspect the ionization sensor. if necessary, read the contacts and tighten the wiring.
- 607 Fat Relay Fault. Install a new element.
- 101 Overtemperature protection tripped. Adjust the gas supply. Clean debris filters. It is possible that the heat exchanger was clogged with scale, which led to poor heat transfer and a decrease in pressure. Then you need to clean it with special reagents. Diagnose the pump operation, adjust the mode. Check temperature sensor and control board.
- 102 NTC thermistor of the heating system is broken. Check the thermistor for the presence of a short circuit voltage in the range of 0-5 volts leads to this error.
- 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 Overheating, low pressure of the coolant or reduced volume. Purge excess air from the system. Make sure the pressure is between 1-1.2 bar. Check the system for leaks: heat exchanger; expansion tank; pipes, radiators.
- 108, 111 Reduced pressure in the heat exchanger. There may be air s in the system. Remove them with a Mayevsky crane. Inspect the system for leaks. Eliminate them.
- 109 Pressure too high (more than 3 bar). Check the integrity of the water circuit. Damage to it can lead to mixing of hot and cold liquid, causing pressure to increase. In this case, you will have to replace the heat exchanger with a new one.
- 110 Thermistor failed. Check if the thermistor is connected well. Replace Part.
- 112 Malfunctions of the return temperature sensor. Diagnose the sensor and its wiring. Replace broken part.
- 114, 116 No communication with outdoor temperature sensor. Check wiring connections to sensor.
- 117 Poor coolant circulation. Restart the gas boiler.
- 201 Short circuit or break in communication with the DHW sensor. Wiring needs to be checked.
- 302 No communication with the electronic module. Tighten contacts or replace defective element.
- 303, 304 Failure of the electronic board. Replace the board with a new one.
- 307, 308 Electronic module problem. Reboot. hold the “reset” button.
- 601 No traction. If there really is no draft, you should check the chimney, clean it from blockage. If the thrust is, you should check the load sensor performance.
- 604 (yellow light on) Fan malfunction. The unit does not turn on Perform a functional test of the fan, pressure sensor and control board. Replace items with new ones.
- A01 (for boilers with electronic ignition) No ignition. Perhaps the reason lies in the voltage drops. install a stabilizer. Check the ionization sensor, clean it up.
- E34 Air relay broken. Replace Part.
- sp2 Burner cannot be re-ignited. Turn off the fuel valve more. Check: ionization probe; gas valve; chimney quality. Replace broken items.
- 6p1, 6p2 weak ventilation indoors or bad thrust. Check the patency of the chimney, the quality of ventilation, open the window. Diagnostics relay connections.
- 608 The fan is functioning normally, but the pressure switch is not working. Check the pressure switch and its wiring.
- H45 No hot water or problem with thermistor. Diagnose the DHW flow sensor, thermistor and safety valve. Repair broken wiring, replace broken element.
Among the Ariston lineup there are lines whose boilers do not have a liquid crystal display.
Light indication warns of errors:
note! It is recommended to call a service technician to replace defective elements.
Problems with multi-zone control (errors 7)
The boilers of the Ariston brand allow you to break the house on the zones, for each of which will be given its heating mode.
If a problem occurs with one of the sections, the system accurately determines the malfunction, so the repair of a particular circuit can be carried out without interfering with the rest of the normally operating fragments of the heating network.
- Error 0X. Problem with supply temperature sensor in zone X. It is necessary to check the sensor contacts or replace this part.
- Error 1X. Same thing, only with the sensor on the return line.
- Error 2X. Fixed overheating in zone X. First of all, you need to check the operation of the thermostat responsible for this area. It may be easy to contact or breakage a node. If it works correctly, then you need to change the settings.
- Error 50. Hydraulic Circuit Error. The correct type of connected hydraulic module must be set (menu parameter 720). If there is no error here, then the problem is in the settings of the circuit itself.
Malfunctions of Ariston gas boilers and instructions for their elimination
The Italian brand Ariston, behind which the well-known global manufacturer of household appliances Indesit Company is hiding, has been designing and manufacturing gas heating boilers since the mid-70s of the last century.
A subdivision of Indesit Company is the Ariston Thermo Group, whose gas-fired boilers have become popular due to the intensive individual construction of residential buildings, as well as the unsatisfactory operation of central heating systems in apartment buildings.
In this review, we will look at some models of this brand, as well as their technical abilities. The instruction manual will be attached below.
Airing the system
Air in the system is inevitable. No matter how well the installation work is done, there is always a little air in the circuit. Most often, the cause is not cracks in the radiators, but the use of aluminum batteries.
Few people know (and sellers don’t always talk about it), but aluminum, when in contact with water, enters into an oxidation reaction, which results in the release of hydrogen.
As a result, we have the following: there is less coolant, hydrogen exits through the valves on the radiator, the pressure in the system drops.
Before using the heating system, be sure to check the radiators for the presence of air. A matter of minutes will help avoid serious problems with the equipment and protect against costly repairs.
Repair of the gas boiler valve: how to fix the unit by correcting the characteristic violations in
Gas boilers are reliable equipment that supply heat and hot water to our country houses and part of city apartments. Unfortunately, they cannot work completely without breakdowns. And among the violations often appear valves of the protection device and the supply of fuel to the units.
How to do. Repair of gas boiler ARISTON. Chimney error.
We will tell you how and what repair of the gas boiler valve can be done with your own hands. In detail, we will analyze the situations that signal the occurrence of related violations in the work. We will tell you whether it is worth making your own efforts or it is better to contact the gas workers.
In the article presented by us, you will find step-by-step guides for restoring the performance of gas boilers by repairing or replacing the gas, safety and three-way valve.
How to eliminate leak?
Not any breakdown in gas equipment can be eliminated independently.
Therefore, let’s analyze those problems that can be corrected without calling specialists:
- Tightening the nuts at the joints. the procedure is performed using a gas wrench. You need to delay slowly, neatly, but quite strong. After all the manipulations, the work is checked with a napkin. If the leak continues, it may be necessary to replace the squeegee itself with a new one if the threads are twisted in it.
- Elimination of condensate on pipes. it is necessary to equalize the temperature in the room where the boiler is located. This is possible by connecting a new radiator to the heating system.
- Flame height reduction. if possible, lower the boiler operating range to 45-50℃ and add more batteries to the system. This will not eliminate the leak, the water heater will have to be repaired, but in the future this approach will avoid re-breakdown.
If you have skills in working with gas equipment, you can try to independently disconnect the heat exchanger and check it for leaks. This should be done only if the leak comes from the bottom of the boiler, and a lot of water is released. If you do not understand the principles of the boiler, then it is better to call the master, who will fix the problem himself.
So, the sequence of actions, if the problem is in the heat exchanger:
- Turn off the heating system and wait until the water cools down.
- Drain all water completely. If the feed system is automatic, it is enough just to turn the handle of the crane. When the boiler is one-square and there is a separate expansion tank, water is descended from the extreme in the radiator system by unscrewing the nut.
- Disconnect the heat exchanger from the boiler, carefully remove it and inspect the presence of external damage. You can independently pour water through the inlet and plug the outlet to understand where the leak is.
Next, the situation can be solved in several ways: