Burzhuyka for villas with their own hands
With a little effort and ingenuity you can build a compact stove burzhuyka for villas with your own hands, and we will help you to understand the details of construction and take into account all the necessary details.
If you follow our instructions, you can get pretty pretty stove, such as the photo below:
Печь металлическая дровяная. теория горения правила / Metal wood stove. combustion theory rules
This invention of metal has long been known, but today has not lost its relevance. Dacha plots, loved by many people, are not always supplied with gas, and electricity is currently very expensive. Spending spring and fall days in the countryside, when the nights are cold, willy-nilly we think about the construction of a heater, which will be able to warm the cottage room and boil the kettle. That’s where such an invention of mankind as a stove-burner comes to the rescue.
This is especially true if there is a forest or a large plantation of trees near your plot, where you can find dry branches.You will always be provided with environmentally friendly fuel.
Its design can be very different. from very simple or more complex. To know what kind of burzhuyka, and from what they can be made, you need to consider several options.
Making a griddle out of a steel can
Stock up on a hardened chisel, a hammer, a chimney, a piece of rod with a diameter of 0.6. 1.0 cm. Prepare an electric drill with a drill bit one centimeter in diameter. If you have an angle grinder you will speed up the assembly twofold.
In one part of the cover, at the very bottom, drill 5. 7 holes for the future rod. Bend a long rod in a snake and with legs, at least four. These will be the grates when you put them in the can.
Straighten the serpentine inside so that it lies horizontally and firmly just above the holes. On this “grill” will burn wood, and through the holes and with the help of the chimney will go a good draft of air. This will be a catalyst for combustion.
For the chimney adapt a piece of water pipe, even used, with a diameter of 7-8 inches. Near the bottom or on the very bottom, strictly perpendicular to the grate, make a circle with a chisel or saw through with an angle grinder.
Insert a tube of a few centimeters into it, and fix it firmly with a bolted clamp or weld it to the can from the outside. The can-oven is designed for a horizontal position.
Weld the legs to it and put it where the stove will warm the house, garage. This is a very flammable device, so put it on a metal sheet and at least half a meter from wooden structures.
The disadvantage of the stove: it does not even heat the kettle. there is nothing to put it on. And yet it will be an effective burzhuyka with their own hands, and about the improvements read below.
Wood-burning stoves with their own hands: drawing and step-by-step process of making
And in a private cottage, and his own garage or workshop is always nice to have a mobile or stationary stove-burzhuyku. To date, on sale there are many different models of these heaters, but they can cost a lot. So if you have experience working with metal, the right material and the right tools. Often stoves are made on their own.
What model of burzhuyka on wood with their own hands to choose. it is up to the master, as these homemade devices can have the most different appearance and are made from new material, as well as from improvised metal items.
People craftsmen have learned how to adapt for the manufacture of stoves bourjouks metal drums with walls that have a thickness of 2.5-3 mm, gas or oxygen cylinders, medium-diameter pipes, metal sheets and even rims of large car wheels.
Tools for making a fireplace
To work with metal will need special tools, some of them are available in almost every private home, while others have to buy or rent.
- Angle grinder “angle grinder” and consumables in the form of cutting discs and grinding discs.
- A 200 amp welding machine. Also, consumables. 3 and 4mm electrodes. In addition, you will need a special mask and safety suit.
- Metal brush.
- Slag hammer.
- Measuring tools folding meter, a long metal ruler, tape measure, chalk or a marker.
- Pliers, hammer, chisel.
- Drill with drills for metal of various diameters.
The choice of the stove model most often depends on where it will be located, since residential areas require a more aesthetic appearance of the heater and increased safety. Therefore, for installation in the house, the variant made of metal sheets or a piece of medium-diameter pipe is best suited.
For the garage will suit any of the existing models, but it is better to choose one that will not only help to bring heat into the room, but also warm water.
To finally decide on the choice, it is worth considering different options and become familiar with the process of their manufacture.
The stove from a gas cylinder
Performing installation of a burzhuyka from a cylinder can be held in different ways:
- Using a single cylinder with its vertical or horizontal location ;
- Using two cylinders, which are installed on top of each other perpendicularly.
The second model will give you more heat, because the area that heats up is almost twice as big.
The cylinder itself has a neat appearance, on it you can make a cooking surface, and if you give the finished stove a decent appearance, it can be installed even in the living room.
Materials for making
To make the first model will need one cylinder, for the second, respectively, two, but in addition to this for the manufacture of the stove will be required:
- Sheet steel at least 3 mm thick to be used for the intersection between the firebox and the ash pan and for the hob.
- If you want the stove to look more respectable you can buy cast-iron door with cast-iron pattern for the firebox and ash-pan.
- If looks are not so important, the door can be made from a piece of metal cut out of the cylinder itself or from a sheet of steel.
- Pipe for the chimney with a diameter of 90 100 mm.
- Reinforcing bar with a diameter of 12-15 mm or a steel angle to make the grate and the legs. You can also buy a cast-iron grate in a specialized store, or you can use the bottom of a horizontally laid cylinder, which has holes drilled in it, as the grate.
Any of the models can be made not only from large cylinders, but also from small ones, it will depend on the space that has been allocated for the furnace.
Preparing a Gas Cylinder
Before starting work, it is necessary to prepare a gas cylinder, especially if the tank is not new. but was already in operation. in this case, inside the cylinder can always remain a certain concentration of gas, and in case of a spark while cutting it is possible to explosion. You can not neglect the measures for the proper preparation of the container. as it would be extremely dangerous to carry out the work.
The preparation is done in this sequence:
- The first thing to unscrew the valve, which is located on top of the cylinder, release the hole in which it is installed. Leave the container outdoors or in a utility room for about a day, filling it to the top with water.
- After this time, the water from the cylinder is drained. It should be noted that the liquid will have an unpleasant odor, so pour it away from the house.
- Washed cylinder can be quite used in the work, because together with water from it must remove the last remnants of gas.
Making a vertical oven from a cylinder
- The first step is prepared cylinder marked on it marked location furnace and ash pan. For this procedure, you will need a marker and a flexible measuring tape, because it is rigid enough. But with an elastic band, you can measure and mark out the locations of the doors.
- The next step is to carefully cut out the marked parts with an angle grinder. Cut fragments are almost always used for further work.
- These elements are welded, adding sides, hinges and a latch-handle, and they make excellent doors.
- Next, measure the inside diameter of the cylinder, and according to this measurement make a ring from thick wire to serve as a base for welding fittings. This is how the grate for the firebox is made.
- Then, a level for mounting the fire grate is marked. The grate must be positioned 30 ÷ 50 mm below the edge of the cut opening for the firebox hatch. The firebox thus becomes a partition between the ash-pan and the firebox. Reinforcing bars are welded at a distance of 8 ÷ 10 mm.
- To one side of the firebox hinges are welded to the door. It is very important to precisely align the setting so that the door closes and opens easily.
- On the opposite side of the hinges, the hinge-hook for the ash door, which is open from above, is fastened. It must keep the door securely closed while the stove is heating.
- To fix the door on the ash pan door in the same way.
- Recommended to cut off the top of the cylinder for welding on top of a round metal panel that will act as a stove.
- The flue pipe can go out either through the top of the cylinder or through the back or side wall of the stove. If you choose the second option, the upper hob will be much larger, as it will be free of the chimney.
If the cylinder will stand vertically, it will take much less space than the horizontal version, but you must remember that any oven should be located at a distance of 200 mm from the wall, and the walls themselves must be covered with heat-resistant material.
Efficient stove made of two gas cylinders
For making such a fireplace you will need two cylinders, which, being heated, can heat the room much faster. In addition, if desired. In the vertical part of the stove it is quite possible to arrange a water tank if you install a hermetically welded container inside. To put a tap outside and cut in pipes for water supply and withdrawal.
- The first step is to prepare the cylinder, which will stand horizontally. The upper part is cut off, so that there is a circular hole with a diameter of about 30. 35 m less than the inner diameter of the cylinder.
- In the bottom of the future firebox with several lines drilled holes with a diameter of 10-12 mm, which will serve in this case as a kind of grate.
- Under this “fire grate” a metal box is welded that will be an ash pan. Then it is necessary to install a tightly closing door to prevent coals and ashes from falling out. It will not be used as an air inlet regulator in this model.
- Next to the ash pan, the legs are welded from the angle bars or reinforcing bars.
- On top of the horizontally placed cylinder, on the side opposite the furnace door, a round hole is cut out, on which the vertical part of the furnace will be installed.
- Install the door, which is best made from the tip of another cylinder. In the center, a hole is cut into which a branch pipe of about 76 mm in diameter is welded. This spigot is equipped with a damper, which can be used to regulate the flow of air into the furnace, and thus the intensity of wood burning. We recommend placing the door hinges on top. under the influence of its weight the lid will close the furnace chamber window securely and minimize air suction.
Then proceed to work on the preparation of the second cylinder.
- The most difficult part in the preparation of the upper, vertical part of the burzhuyka is the process of marking and cutting out a certain shape, which is ideal for putting on and welding to the horizontal body.
- In this case, the vertical part of the oven is arranged in a chamber of additional heat exchange, t.е. The smoke, once in this section, does not immediately go into the chimney, but lingers in the arranged chamber.
- For this purpose, metal plates with holes are welded inside the vertical case at a certain distance, which can range from 250 to 400 mm. The holes should be cut closer to the edge of the metal round piece. When installing them, the hole on the first lintel should be located on the opposite side from the hole on the second lintel, and so on. The best option in this case would be to install three similar partitions, located equidistant from each other.
- The vertical unit with the already mounted partitions are installed and welded to the top of the horizontally mounted housing. A branch pipe is welded to the upper cylinder to connect the chimney.
Burzhuyka from a cylinder installed horizontally
This option burzhuyka is made from a single cylinder, and the technology of work is largely similar to the variant described above. So it’s only worth considering some of the differences.
- Instead of installing a vertical part, only a flue pipe branch is welded to the rear upper part of the cylinder.
- For the furnace door, a rectangular hole is cut. it is quite possible to match the size of the finished cast-iron door. If it will be purchased in the store, it is worth paying attention to the doors designed for the ash door of brick ovens, sometimes they are ideal for a burzhuyka from a cylinder.
- You can make the door and cut out of the cylinder rectangular part. It is the size of the sides will fit well for the resulting hole, but in the middle of it will remain a hole from the valve. It will need to be welded with a patch cut out of a sheet of metal.
- In both of these variants, a stove can be added. For this purpose, for example, a rectangle is bent from a 5-8 mm thick steel rod and welded to the container. Creating a small but fairly flat surface.
- You can use two steel strips instead of wire, welded on both sides of the barrel for its entire length.
Burzhuyka from a barrel
Burzhuyka, made from a barrel, is more voluminous and takes much more space than a stove from a cylinder. That is why it is able to heat a room with a large area. Such an oven can also be horizontal or vertical, but both the first and the second variant is used for heating not only household and technical premises, but also the home.
Vertical fireplace made from a barrel or a large-diameter pipe
To make this firebox, you will need a metal barrel, a steel plate and a chimney pipe with a diameter of 100-150 mm.
Дымоход печь длительного горения теория правила схемы / Дымовая труба / Chimney stove long burning
- The barrel is measured and marked on its surface the location of the ash door and firebox, as well as the location of the cut. It must be 30 ÷ 50 mm below the edge of the firebox.
- Then the barrel is cut into two parts, and each part is initially worked on separately.
- From a steel sheet is cut out a round plate equal in diameter to the size of the barrel. There is a hole for the chimney pipe.
- A hole is also cut into the upper part of the barrel so that it can be aligned with the hole on the round piece that will become the hob.
- Weld the chimney pipe into the hole in the barrel, and then through the hole in the top of the pipe, insert the hob and weld it to the sides of the barrel. The air space created between them, which is the height of the rim, will help keep the cooktop hot for a longer period of time.
- Next, a round metal piece with holes cut in it is also welded to the bottom side of the upper part of the grate. Another option is to weld two semicircular brackets under the cast iron grate. The photo clearly shows how these elements look and are positioned.
- When the bottom and the upper panel of this part of the furnace are ready, you can use the previously made markings to cut an opening for the firebox door.
- The cut part is welded around with metal strips, the door is equipped with hinges and a handle with a vertical bar.
- Then the hinges for the door and the hook for the latch are welded to the body. This process must be done very carefully, accurately calculating the distances for installation, as the door should easily open and close. and the ash drawer slides freely into the hooked holder.
- In the bottom of the barrel, an opening is cut through for an ash pan. The door is prepared and hinged in the same way as for the firebox.
- After that, both parts are joined into a single structure by a welded seam.
Horizontal firebox from a barrel
The process of making a horizontal version of a firebox from a barrel is carried out in much the same way as from a cylinder.
- In the upper plane is marked and cut out a window on which to install the door, made from a cut piece of metal. The connections between the door and the hinges and between the hinges and the body are made with rivets.
- Standard pressure relief hole in the barrel, 20 mm in diameter, is used as an ash-pit. There is no separate door for the ashtray.
- It is recommended to make the base for the placement of the future oven. It is made from scraps of pipe or angle, so that the shelves ensure the stability of the barrel laid on them, without backlash.
- The next step is to make the grate from a sheet of metal with a thickness of 3 mm to 4 mm. First, the area is measured, and according to the data obtained, the desired size panel is cut, in which the holes for air supply are drilled. The ready grate is placed on the bottom of the barrel. so that in the highest point, in the center, the distance between the grate and the inner surface of the barrel is about 70 mm. The grate is not fixed rigidly. it must be easy to remove for cleaning the furnace from the accumulated ash.
- For the chimney, a special joint is made in the rear upper part. After marking the required diameter, diameter slots are cut at an angle of 15º one from the other using a grinder, for a total of 12 cuts. The resulting “teeth” are bent upwards. then the inserted pipe chimney will be attached to them with rivets.
In the scheme and manufacturing process of this version there is nothing complicated, but it is more suitable for technical and household premises than for residential.
- The individual elements of the future stove are prepared: two disks, a piece of pipe, a sheet of metal and a pipe for the chimney.
- All three parts are welded together into a single vertical structure. To facilitate fitting the diameter of the pipe under the disks, it is acceptable to cut off the outermost rib on one side of the pipe along the circumference.
- Next, an aperture is marked on the pipe for the furnace and cut out with a grinder.
- The cut part is welded on the perimeter, installed on it the latch and hinges, thereby obtaining the necessary door.
- Then, you need to make a hole for the ash-pit, otherwise the fire in the stove just will not burn. To do this, a window of 100 120 mm in width and height is cut out in the lower disk.
- At the back of the upper disk, a hole is cut for the chimney and a branch pipe is welded there.
- It is recommended to make the top disk with a 4 5 mm thick hob of steel sheet, which is welded tightly to the edge of the top disk. It is tightly welded to the edge of the upper disk, thus becoming an additional heat exchanger.
- Do the same with the bottom of the furnace to arrange a full-fledged ash drawer and increase the safety of the burzhuyka operation.
In fact, such a fireplace is rather a metal-fenced fireplace. and does not differ either economically or conveniently. However, for garage needs and under condition of free source materials it is quite an acceptable variant.
One of the most popular of all homemade fireplaces is a compact stove made of sheet metal. It looks neat and can be installed in any room. This burzhuyka is well suited in size for small cottages, as it does not take up much space and is an indispensable aid in cooking and heating rooms.
One of the most common models is the Gnome burzhuyka
This kind of model can be equipped with internal partition plates. Then it will get the properties of additional heat transfer, or you can make the most common with the division of the furnace and ash pan.
The first version of the stove will retain heat in the room for a long time, and this is very important if gardeners live out of town from early spring to late fall, when the nights are cold.
To make such a burzhuyka, you need to buy a sheet of steel, 3 4 mm thick, a chimney pipe, corner 40 × 40 or 50 × 50 mm. For the burner cover can be made yourself or buy in prefabricated form.
- Based on the drawing. Draw the details of the firebox on metal sheets: the panels of all the walls, the fire grate, and two plates to secure them inside the structure.
- Rectangular holes are cut in the front panel for the furnace and the ash drawer. The pieces of metal cut out are used to make the doors. They are welded with an angle and the gate and hinges are immediately fastened to them. Then, the doors are attached to the front panel.
- On the same panel, only on its inner side at a distance of 150 ÷ 160 mm from the top, one of the plates is welded, which will regulate the exit of heated air. The plates must be 80 ÷ 100 mm shorter than the length of the case side walls.
- After that, on the rear wall, at a distance of 70-80 mm from the top, the second plate is welded. Together these two plates form a zigzag maze for the combustion smoke of the stove. This heats each corner of the bubbler.
- In the hob cut two holes for the burner and the chimney.
- The legs are welded to the bottom wall of the body with thick rebar or angle bar. You can choose a frame from the angle, which includes legs and a base to fix the bottom and the bottom ribs of the side panels on it.
- Before welding the side parts to the frame or to the bottom panel, you need to mark and weld on the corners for the entire length of the panel, they should be welded on one level, since their role is to serve as brackets for laying the grate.
- Staggered holes with a diameter of 12 ÷ 15 mm are drilled in the panel prepared for the grate, 30 ÷ 40 mm apart. Another variant of grate may be a welded grate made of reinforcing rods. Do not disregard the possibility of buying cast iron grate.
- All the walls of the firebox are assembled and welded. The main thing. to achieve complete tightness of welds, so sometimes it is useful to install outside metal angle 30 × 30 mm. This slightly weighs the overall design, but give it additional strength and reliability.
- A top cover with a chimney and a cooking burner is welded on.
- To make the stove look respectable, you need to clean all welds and cover its surface with heat-resistant paint.
It makes sense on the side and rear surfaces to install an additional screen, which will increase the safety of oven operation and create a powerful convection flow of hot air, significantly accelerating the heating of the room. The screen panels are mounted on stands so that they are at a distance of 30 to 50 mm from the heater body.
What should be considered when installing the burzhuyka
Made by yourself Burzhuyka will bring in the house or outbuildings warmth and comfort, while not causing problems, only if its installation will be respected safety rules.
Chimney for the burnt stove: the manufacturing process and installation with their own hands
Popularity burzhuyka, even with a large choice of more modern stoves, remains high, and the arrangement of the chimney for the burzhuyka is an important part of its stable and efficient operation. This can be explained by its compactness, the small cost of the device, the ability to install in any room, the relative ease of independent production burzhuyka even from improvised materials. But the simplicity of design does not mean any slack with the exhaust system of combustion products. high-quality and reliable flue for the hut as necessary as for any other oven.
Traditionally burzhuyki are used for heating in a garage, a workshop or a small cottage. In addition, modernized burzhuyki, which have quite an aesthetic appearance, and set in residential suburban homes, in addition to central or autonomous heating.
If you install burzhuyka will be done by your own forces, then, before proceeding to the installation process, it is recommended to carefully understand the chimney construction to the stove. Since the muffler in the vast majority of cases is made of metal, the chimney for it is best suited metal. Today in the trade networks a fairly wide range of different elements, of which it is not difficult to assemble a chimney of any design, if, of course, you know how to do it correctly.
Chimney design options
The basic design scheme of the chimney for the chimney burzhuyka can be executed in one of three types, differing in the location of the pipe and its exit from the room to the outside.
- The chimney can go outside through the wall at 200 ÷ 250 mm from the ceiling. This is a convenient and efficient design, since that section of the chimney, which passes through the room, will play the role of a kind of “battery”, a powerful enough heat exchanger, which is effectively included in the overall heating process, giving the room produced by the furnace heat. This helps to increase the overall heat output from the burzhuyka, and therefore. To achieve and maintain the desired temperature will be spent much less fuel.
- The second option is rarely used in garages or workshops, as the construction is rather labor-intensive to install. In this case, the chimney also passes through the entire room, but does not wrap in a hole in the wall, and rises through the ceiling overlap and out into the street through the attic and then through the roof. The design is also very effective for heating the room, but to conduct the pipe through the attic floor a number of measures must be taken to protect all potentially flammable materials from overheating. To do this in the thickness of the ceiling must be set around a special box that is filled with heat-resistant composition, such as fine-grained claydite or mineral wool.
Carrying a pipe through the roof, will also have to make a lot of effort, as the gap between the roofing material and the chimney must be waterproofed. Improperly carried out work can lead to leaks in the roof.
If you use this design in a two-story house, the pipe, passing through the first and second floors, will also participate in their heating, but will need to perform a lot of work on the equipment of the passage through the two floors and through the roof.
- The third design option is less efficient in terms of heat output, but has a much higher degree of fire safety. In this case the chimney is immediately led out into the street and fixed vertically along the outside wall of the building. If you choose this design, the heat for heating the room will come exclusively from the fireplace itself. The pipe, even with very good insulation, will quickly enough cool down and pull heat from the stove, which means that. To heat the room and to maintain the desired temperature in it will need more fuel. The advantage is that it requires only one passage through the vertical wall, which, however, also requires quality thermal insulation it is located in the immediate vicinity of the stove, that is, in the high-temperature heating zone.
often in the conditions of garages or workshops choose the first, less often. the third, and very rarely. the second option.
Drawing a chimney and making the necessary parts
After marking the location of the brick-burning stove and determining the basic diagram of the chimney on its location, it is necessary to make a plan-drawing. which will visually show what parts are needed for installation of the system.
The drawing can be a simple sketch specialists will help to understand the design
The drawing can be made by hand, but most importantly. carefully measure and put it in the exact distances and dimensions.
With this drawing you can safely go to a specialized store, in which an experienced sales consultant easily, based on the parameters, will pick up all the necessary components of the chimney.
If the chimney will be self-made, it is better to make a straight pipe, as the elements that will help to position the chimney at a difficult angle, to make their own rather difficult.
It is important to remember that if the chimney will pass through any overlap, the connection of individual elements of the chimney system in no case be inside the walls or floors. the joints should be at least 300 mm away from them. This condition is mandatory! in the event of depressurization of joints, which under the influence of high temperatures can not be completely excluded, it can create a fire hazardous situation.
In addition, this arrangement makes the chimney repairable in the case of burn metal chimney, it will be easy to disconnect the damaged part of the fire, without removing the entire structure.
editor of the category “construction” on the portal Stroyday.ru. Specialist in engineering systems and drainage.
Self-made chimney pipes from sheet metal is not welcome. this process requires specialized devices and tools. serious experience in the relevant work. Everything is important here. both the exact observance of the required diameter and the complete sealing of the joints to exclude even the slightest possibility of smoke and combustion gases seeping through them. It is impossible to do it yourself.
If there is a desire to save money, instead of expensive stainless steel or nickel chimneys you can use conventional pipes of galvanized steel with a thickness of 0.6 ÷ 1 mm, which can be purchased in a store or ordered from a master tinsmith.
By the way, experienced craftsmen are even willing to make sandwich constructions. Make two pipes of different diameters and, having wrapped a smaller pipe with a dense layer of mineral wool, on top of rubu t larger size.
Tinsmith to order can make not only flat elements of the system, but also the elbows at different angles.
for different types of chimneys
Components of the chimney system
Professionally made chimney systems include all the necessary elements, from which you can choose parts for any design of varying degrees of complexity. And. In stores there are both conventional systems. single-layered metal pipes without insulation, and sandwich parts, as well as all the necessary elements for their coupling. Therefore it is recommended when constructing a chimney, to ensure safety and long-term effective chimney service, it is better to use this well thought-out system, rather than “homemade.
At the present time it is possible to purchase any components for the chimney
When buying a chimney, it is necessary to consider the dia. If you buy it ready to burzhuyka, then guided by the diameter of the pipe already available on the heater. If it is a self-made fireplace, the diameter should vary between 80 and 150 mm, depending on the volume of the furnace. Calculated by the diameter in millimeters and the volume of the furnace in liters, it should be 2.7 times larger than the volume of the furnace. For example, for all familiar to all the most simple burzhuyki “Gnome” diamter tr loss is 110 mm in the volume of its furnace in 40 liters.
Prepare in all the necessary elements for the chosen model of the chimney, do not forget about sealing materials that are needed to seal the joints of individual parts of pipes. For this purpose, use a heat-resistant sealant and asbestos cord.
Installing the chimney
When everything is prepared, you can go on to the installation of the chimney from the individual elements. If there are a lot of them, then, taking the scheme as a basis, you can lay out all the parts in the right order. So it will be much easier to orient already in the process of direct assembly.
- The first step is to line the wall behind the grate and the chimney with heat-resistant material, such as asbestos sheets.
- Next, a through hole must be made in the wall or ceiling. Its size will depend on which method of isolating the wall from the pipe will be chosen.
- If the wall is wooden, you must make (or buy) a box with a round hole in the center, the diameter of which should be 3 ÷ 5 mm larger than the diameter of the pipe. Edge of the box must separate the pipe from the wall or floor to 150 ÷ 200 mm.
Editor of the category “construction” on the portal Stroyday.0. Specialist in engineering systems and drainage.
Box built into the ceiling can be with a maximum density of basalt glass wool, or medium or fine keramsit, which is filled after installing the pipe. Box in a wooden wall is best filled with several layers of asbestos strips, which make a through hole round.
If the wall is brick, then in the arranged hole usually install a special through-hole.
Pipe output outside according to the first option with the passage through a vertical wall
A penetrating assembly must be securely fastened to both the exterior of the building and the interior.
- the next step is to put the lowest pipe section on the socket of the installed fireplace with the use of a heat-resistant sealant. It must be fixed on the branch pipe with a special clamp. gas breakthrough must be completely excluded !
- If the outlet is arranged in the wall, then the next segment of the pipe can be an elbow, made at the right angle.
If the chimney will be derived through the ceiling, then set the flat part of the pipe, with this calculation. that it either ended for 400 ÷ 500 mm from the ceiling or rose above the attic floor of 300 ÷ 400 mm.
In the roofing material of the roof also arrange hole, which is framed on the side of the premises attic metal panel with a round (for steep slopes. elliptical) hole for the exit pipe.
after passing through the attic space is led out on the roof. The gaps between the roofing material and the pipe must be waterproofed. Such an operation can be carried out using different elements it can be a metal panel, matched with other segments of the chimney, or a special elastic heat-resistant element, which tightly covers the tube and mounted on a sealant to the roof.
The latter is convenient because it can be easily installed even on a complex, ribbed roof.
- The desired total height of the chimney is about five meters, but in the case of the chimney for burzhuyka in the utility room height can be somewhat reduced. The main thing is to raise it above the roof according to the rules, which are clearly enough shown in the diagram.
- When bringing the chimney through the wall, with the outside of the building on the branch pipe sticking out of the wall, put an elbow, which sets the vertical direction of the pipe along the building.
- The outer chimney must be insulated or made of sandwich segments. Chimney for reliability is attached to the wall with special brackets, which can also be included in the purchased kit, and can be made on their own from a metal angle.
- Raising the pipe to the roof ridge and secure it to the wall, on top of the chimney must wear a mold, which will protect the channel from getting inside the fall foliage and water during rain or snowfall.
- In order to keep the chimney clean from soot deposits, it is necessary to periodically add chemical agents to the burned wood. Specially designed for loosening the soot.
For the same purpose, aspen firewood is also used, which contributes to the cleaning of the inner walls. To clean the chimney with their help, only aspen wood is used for preventive heating. It is desirable that they do not burn quickly, and smolder as long as possible in the furnace. To create these conditions, artificially reduce the draft by closing the ash-pit after the wood has heated up well.
- Annually carry out mechanical cleaning of the chimney from soot and rust. To do this, you can use a special holemaker with a grusom.
- After each cleaning, be sure to conduct a revision of the surface, gently lowering the chimney with a light bulb. It is necessary to find punctures or cracks in time.
The installation process of the chimney from prefabricated segments is quite simple, and you can handle it yourself. If there is a desire to produce parts of pipes by yourself, then it is better to refuse it, especially if you have no experience in such work.
Since any chimney must be of the highest reliability. And all the segments at the junction must match perfectly with each other to seal them, it is recommended to install parts made exclusively by a professional. It must be remembered that the penetration of carbon monoxide in the room from poorly sealed seams or burnt holes is, literally, a deadly danger.
Tools. required for the work
Any metal construction requires a certain set of tools, which include:
- A welder, to say the least. The welding wire is for 200 A and the electrodes, a protective mask and suit for welding;
- angle grinder (grinder), cutting and grinding discs on metal. Some of the shaped parts can only be cut out with a gas cutter.
- Slagger (hammer) ;
- Brush metal ;
- An ordinary hammer, chisel, pliers ;
- A tape measure, folding yardstick and chalk for marks ;
- Drill and drill bits on metal.
Types of homemade stoves
For different rooms you can choose its kind of burzhuyka, which is more suitable in technical characteristics and appearance. They are made of metal tanks, medium-diameter pipes, barrels, gas cylinders and sheets with a thickness of at least 3 5 mm.
For heating in the garage is suitable for any of the options burzhuyka, but for use in the living room from some models is better to abandon.
An efficient burr heater for heating large rooms
Therefore, we need to consider the most popular options burzhuyki to know which one to choose and make their own.
How to make a stove burzhuyka his own hands from what is lying idle?
Stove Burzhuyka made with his own hands is easy enough. The main thing is to know how to use some tools and have the right material. Despite the fact that such a stove was invented many years ago, it has not lost its relevance.
So, it has become an indispensable heating device in many life situations:
It saves the motorists, because it is easy to install in the room garage;
For the dacha residents it has long been a trusted friend, because not always in the country, where many people like to spend the summer, you can use alternative types of heating, and to put a brick oven is not everyone can afford;
Residents of the private sector often install burzhuyka, as an additional heating device.
What Russian craftsmen do not make stoves and burzhuyki! Everything that is made of thick metal such as gas cylinders and rims of large cars or agricultural machinery, barrels and metal sheets, pipes of different diameters and even flasks are used.
Some variants provide tanks for warming water and cooking plates.
To begin your work, you need to stock up on materials, auxiliary parts and tools.
Materials and tools
To create a burzhuyka need: metal with a thickness of 3±0.5 mm: thinner sheets will quickly burn, in addition, under the influence of high temperature they can be distorted, and the stove will become shapeless; thick-walled metal will heat up very long; pipe for the chimney; bars 16 mm; sheet metal thickness from 0,3 mm for the device of the box for collecting ash; measuring tape, ruler, chalk; welder 140-200A; angle grinder for cutting metal, for making round holes it is better to use a gas cutter; metal brush for cleaning of welding spots; emery wheel for trimming the doors; drill and drill bits.
Advantages and disadvantages
Having decided that a burzhuyka for dacha is the best option, you should not immediately buy the material. To begin with, let’s consider the advantages and disadvantages of the unit.
- Inexpensive. To manufacture the burzhuyka you can use the cheapest materials. They can be asked from neighbors or relatives.
- Work on any kind of solid fuel. Burzhuyka performs its functions on any type of solid fuel. After all, even the cheapest type, such as wood, can be used for heating.
- Simple design. If you look at the drawings, you can see that the stove consists of only a few elements.
- Ability to design a cooking surface. If the model includes a cooking surface, it is quite possible to cook food on the stove.
- Ease of use. If you organize a quality chimney, then there will not be any interruptions in the work, you will only need to regularly toss in fuel.
Unfortunately, the burzhuyka, which is made with our own hands, has disadvantages. For someone they are insignificant, but many can prevent to make a choice in the direction of these devices.
- Not the aesthetic appearance of the finished product;
- Increased temperature of the base, during operation and if you accidentally touch the housing, you can get burned;
- high level of fuel consumption, but it is cheap.
AN UNKILLABLE OVEN!!! From the 530th PIPE with a thickness of 8mm.With your own hands
Disadvantages are much less than advantages, and besides they are not so serious.
How to make a burzhuyka on the waste oil?
If you do not want to put a homemade stove in the cottage because of its unaesthetic appearance, then it does not matter in the garage. Car enthusiasts are well aware that a burzhuyka for the garage with their own hands is welded in a few hours.
You can make an ordinary round, you can frame, or even boulerian. But the most popular among fans of cars is the scheme burzhuyka on used oil.
Burzhuyka on the waste. the most popular and economical model for the garage. It can be heated with waste technical oils or paint wastes
- angle grinder (circle diameter 125 mm) with cutting and deburring discs;
- a drill bit (drill diameter 13 mm);
- carrying case;
- Welding machine (not less than 200 amps);
- a slagging hammer;
- an angle for the legs;
- safety glasses;
- tape measure;
All welding work should be done with a special mask and overalls.
Scheme of such a stove (click on the picture to enlarge it). Some advise to increase diameter of holes from 9 to 11 millimeters
The waste oil furnace has an oil flow rate of 0.5 to 1.5 liters per hour, weight. 27 kilograms and overall dimensions. 705035 centimeters without a chimney.
To make the construction more stable, the angle (B) is welded and the cover (A) can be screwed on or riveted on, it must move freely
The upper part (1) is put on the lower part (2) without a gap and then the chimney is installed. It is pulled through the room at an incline and at a height of four meters or more lead vertically. When welding the lower “pan”, be sure to check that the seams are tight, in order to prevent oil leaks.
the cover (A) is riveted to the body. It should rotate freely, thus regulating the volume of air and oil coming in. An angle (B) is welded on to make it more stable. The upper platform (C) is the hottest part of the stove. You can use it for cooking and heating water. If you put a blower (fan) at a safe distance, the efficiency of the stove will increase.
Since the upper plate (C) during work is red-hot, it usually burns out after a year of continuous work. You can use 3 mm steel to make the stove last longer. You can make your own paint by mixing 200 ml of liquid glass, 80 grams of aluminum powder and 8 grams of chalk. This amount is enough to paint one stove.
Such designs look as follows:
For kindling, pour a few liters of oil into the stove, over it about a hundred grams of heating oil, put a rag or paper, which is ignited. Fill the waste in small batches as needed. And to increase the efficiency of the firebox, you can weld a few pieces of metal angle to the sides of the body.
Classic massive brick stoves take up too much space. Much more practical, compact and economical burzhuyka for dacha. With their own hands it can be made of steel or cast iron, weld a water tank or connect the heating pipes. You can even cook on it. And if you buy a stove with a glass insert on the firebox door, then in the evenings you can sit and admire the fire.