Regardless of the size of the room or the dimensional characteristics of the sewing equipment itself, as well as the use of additional equipment, sewing tables can be divided into several categories.
- Classic cabinet, where there are compartments and sections for storage. The advantage of the model is in the simplicity of making it. But the tabletop is compact. Relevant for beginners and lovers of sewing;
- A table of book type, with a compartment for a machine and accessories. Roomy and multifunctional option. Ideal for small rooms;
- A table with a folding tabletop and drawers. Well suited for professional purposes. Drawers will be indispensable for storing all accessories and supplies, and when folded, the table takes up minimal space. Besides a machine you can place an overlock here, but do not lose comfort;
- Table-transformer of the corner type. To make it yourself, you need a lot of time and experience. Therefore, as the first table it is not necessary to take it. The design is not suitable for small rooms, when unfolding requires a lot of space.
It is best to start with the simplest designs.
Another alternative is to buy a second-hand table, perhaps even a rarity, with its subsequent restoration. Assembly will not be independent, but you will still make a special contribution. It’s up to you.
The table under the sewing machine with their own hands. Photo drawing
Using the drawing in the manufacture of any furniture, you can more accurately comply with all the dimensions and details.
Following our drawing, you will be able to assemble here is such a square table for a sewing machine.
A distinctive feature of the sewing table from the usual. additional crosspieces, on which the sewing machine is installed.
The future surface for the machine is bolted to these crosspieces.
This surface is attached at a distance of about 15 cm, so as to hide the bottom of the sewing machine.
A hole is made in the tabletop, in which the machine is placed.
If necessary, you can put the machine in this niche and remove it from there.
Materials and tools
The sewing table can be made of different materials:
If you use non-laminated chipboard, you will have to finish the table after making it: treat the surface with olive and varnish.
It is better to buy ready-made furniture panels, which have a treated and smooth surface of different shades of wood.
How To Make a Sewing Table and Craft Table
You will also need tools:
- a meter ruler and a pencil;
- Screws and self-tapping screws;
- special furniture hinges;
- electric jigsaw;
- handles for the doors, legs-wheels;
- electric drill;
- construction level.
The advantages of the sewing table should include:
- comfort and convenience at work. Proper design of the product will prevent swelling of the legs during work and relieve the strain on the neck and spine;
- easy and simple transformation of the workplace. Almost all models of sewing tables have interesting designs. When working, they are easily unfolded, and in the assembled form is an ordinary cabinet, matching the overall interior of the room;
- mobility. If you equip the sewing table with wheels, it can be moved to the place you need. For example, while sewing the product can be put by the window, where there is a lot of daylight, and after hiding it in a secluded corner of the room;
- Capacity. Almost all models have a good capacity. Some tables are designed not only to install a sewing machine, but also a small overlock, which is necessary for every seamstress.
Also for small apartments is suitable model-cabinet. Such a table has two sections that rest on supports. Inside the cabinet there will be a compartment for the machine and many shelves for storing tools, fabrics, patterns.
Before you start to make your own sewing table, you should think it over carefully. Decide in advance:
- materials. It can be: Natural solid wood, Laminated chipboard, Fibreboard, Plywood;
- product dimensions. Particular attention should be paid to the size of the work surface for cutting. If you do the patterns standing up, the height of the product should be 85 cm;
- Availability of accessories. All seamstresses love to have space on the work surface for: hardware, thread, fabric.
Round table for the cottage with their own hands
If you like stylish furniture, a round table for the cottage would look great on a porch or patio. For example, such as in this photo, immediately feel the atmosphere of rest and psychological comfort. Under the table top you can use the lid from an old table, any shape and saw a circle. Or take a few boards and fix a sheet of plywood on top. In general, it is not a problem, the main thing, make the legs and fix them to the table top. How to do it, you can see on the step by step photo.
Folding sewing table in the closet with their own hands. Master Class!
To save space in the apartment, make a folding sewing table in your closet. When not needed such a table will not occupy free space in the room.
This kind of table folds and unfolds, so it can be stored not only in the closet.
Assemble the table parts as shown in the photo.
To keep the foot in a stable position will help appropriate accessories.
You can attach a ruler to the side of the tabletop.
To unfold or fold the table you need to remove the machine from the table.
The table should be made according to the size of your cabinet specifically.
In the constant use of sewing furniture, the material of which it is assembled is not the least important. Familiarity with the characteristics of wood, particle board, fiberboard will help to make the right choice:
- Wooden table is characterized by durability, high wear resistance. Noble surface texture will blend in with any interior style. The peculiarity of such a product for sewing on the machine. the design can be independently improved (add modules, shelves). Minus. high cost, significant weight.
- Wood-fiber board is characterized by low weight, easy processing, reasonable cost. The table can be assembled independently from the components (table tops, side racks, metal fittings), ordered at a furniture company. Needlewomen appreciate convenient and lightweight mobile furniture mounted on castors. Disadvantage Wood-fiber board. sensitivity to moisture and high temperatures (it is not recommended to work with steam or hot iron on this coating).
- Wood particle board. a budget option. Advantages of the products. a wide range of models, low weight. Disadvantages of the material. sensitivity to moisture, high temperature. Folding table made of particle board has a limited service life.
Varieties of bed tables, their features and functionality
The tabletop is the most important part of the cutting table. All needlewomen know that you can only work with fabric and scissors comfortably on a smooth surface. But it should be taken into consideration that delicate fabrics (chiffon, silk, organza) will slip easily, so the surface should be a little rough. As an option. the table is covered with a piece of linoleum.
If you work intensively, the surface of the furniture quickly wears out. Therefore, a professional cutting table is sometimes covered with a table top made of artificial stone.
Made of particle board
Made of wood-fibreboard
Materials of fabrication
In the constant use of sewing furniture, not the least important is the material from which it is assembled. Familiarity with the characteristics of wood, Particle board, Fiberboard will help to make the right choice:
- Wooden table is characterized by durability, high wear resistance. Noble surface texture will fit seamlessly into any interior style. The peculiarity of such a product for sewing on the machine. the design can be independently improved (add modules, shelves). Minus. high cost, significant weight.
- Fibreboard is lightweight, easy to handle, reasonable cost. Table of the desired design can be assembled independently from the components (table tops, side racks, metal fittings), ordered in a furniture company. Handmade women appreciate comfortable and lightweight mobile furniture mounted on wheels. Disadvantage Wood-fiber board. sensitivity to moisture and high temperatures (it is not recommended to work with steam or hot iron on such a coating).
- Particle board. budget option. The pluses of the products. a large selection of models, low weight. Disadvantages of the material. sensitivity to moisture, high temperature. A folding table made of particleboard has a limited life span.
Operating characteristics of sawing tables, nuances of choice
Tabletop. the most important part of the cutting table. All needlewomen know that it is possible to work comfortably with cloth and scissors only on a smooth surface. But it should also be taken into account that thin fabrics (chiffon, silk, organza) will easily slip off it, so the surface should be a little rough. Alternatively, the table can be covered with a piece of linoleum.
With intensive work, the surface of the furniture quickly rubs off. That’s why a professional cutting table is sometimes covered with a worktop made of artificial stone.
Made of particle board
Sewing table with their own hands: home projects with step-by-step instructions
A table under the sewing machine
The happy owners of sewing machines can not always enjoy their happiness to the full. It is annoying to have to pull the typewriter out of the closet every time and set it on a table. a dining table or a desk, and it’s good if it’s not on a coffee table. But do not rush to buy a special table, this article clearly shows that the sewing table with their own hands to make quite simple. Will not be a hindrance limited space or budget, lack of experience. Here are the most affordable, low-cost options for sewing machine tables, as well as a few examples of how to make a cutting table. Own sewing corner in the apartment. the dream of every housewife, but in today’s small apartments, this dream is unlikely to realize. This article just offers solutions for small spaces and modest budgets. And tables are not made by professionals, most authors are very far from carpentry. So you, too, are sure to find here just your version of the table for sewing equipment.
Depending on individual preferences and the materials used, you can get something similar: