Why it won’t hold?
The first thing to do is to look inside the machine and see if the problem is in the belt. If so, here are the most popular causes of belt slippage:
- if the machine is regularly operated under loads that it does not pull by configuration. the belt will sooner or later fall off. If it happened the first time. just pull the part back on and enjoy the work of the washing machine;
- if it is not the first time the belt has come off during fast drum run, the belt may be stretched. The only way out here is to replace it with a new one;
- fly-off of the drive can be caused not only by the drive unit itself, but also by a loose motor: the motor unit will periodically change its position and the belt will thereby become loose. To correct the problem, fasten the motor more securely;
- Loose pulley fasteners are also the cause of the belt coming off. All you need to do is reattach the pulley tightly;
- The pulley or shaft can be deformed (often the belt itself bends them by flying off). In this case, it is necessary to buy a new part;
- The shaft is connected to the body of the washing machine with a cross. Consequently, if the crosspiece is damaged, the belt will fall off. The way out is to buy a new cross;
- worn bearings can cause the movement of the drum to be skewed, leading first to the looseness of the belt, and then to its disengagement;
The belt can break if the machine is turned on after a long downtime, this occurs because the drive dries out in the absence of operation.
Fast wear and tear of the part occurs due to violations during operation, or directly the design of the washing machine directly or indirectly affects this element. Let’s consider the probable causes in more detail:
- The narrow housing of an Indesit Company washing machine can affect the element, increasing its degree of wear. This occurs because the drum is lapped against the motor and during operation (especially wringing) the element starts to vibrate strongly in contact with the belt. From friction on the housing or drum, the part wears out,
- the pulley breaks. This part is made of brittle metal, with time it forms chipped and cracks, causing a breakage of the drive belt of the washing machine Indesit. At best, it will just come off the pulley. In addition, the causes of the belt flying off the pulley can be a violation of the loading of things associated with exceeding the allowed weight,
- the pulley can start to vibrate after a bearing falls out or fails. The belt is subjected to an increased load, which can cause it to come loose or tear completely,
- there are springs and shock absorbers in the machine to give the washing machine tank a constant position. When the machine is overloaded with items, the drum may sag, causing it to wear out or come off the pulley,
- breakage due to wear and tear is common to Indesit washing machines of the front-loading variant. The fact is that after five to six years from the start of operation, the tank of the machine deforms slightly, and the load on the part increases,
- The belt often breaks on a machine that is seldom used. During long interruptions, the rubber material simply dries out, losing its properties. When the machine starts to be used, the part quickly wears out, stretches and breaks.
In order not to engage in constant replacement of the belt in the washing machine Indesit, it is necessary in the process of repair to eliminate the cause from which it flies off or tears.
Proper selection of the belt
The main challenge in selecting a belt drive unit is to find the part marking, e.g. 1046 H7, 1100 J4, etc. д. It is essentially four numeric characters and a Latin letter with a number. So, the same marking should be on the new part.
Differences between the drive units
Externally, these design elements differ not only in color, but also in the features of the tread, length, number of wedges, as well as the materials used in the manufacturing process.
There are only two basic types of belt drive, but there are differences between the cross section profile:
- monocline for washing machines of foreign production have a section of 3 L, domestic. Z and A;
- poly-V-belts (toothed) for large machines. J, for small machines. H.
Visually, they can be distinguished by the depth of the streams. As a rule, this kind of part allows you to transfer the most power, t. к. has the best adhesion coefficient. The maximum transmitted power is up to 100 kW.
the number of toothed belts can vary from 3 to 8 and the number of tracks can vary from 3 to 9. The spacing between the strips is 2.34 mm in the J-profile and 1.6 mm in the H-profile.
If you look at the V-belt transmission in sectional view, it has a trapezoidal shape, with a profile angle of 400, while the crescent looks like several trapezoids that are lined up consecutively on the wider side
The attached motor belts are also classified according to the type of hardness. elastic and rigid. The former are ideal for new models of washing machines, t. к. have a stretching property.
Such characteristics allow to achieve a rigid coupling between the motor and the tank. They do not, however, have a tension-control feature.
If the washing machine uses a single monoclinal belt in this case on the motor shaft will not have a special thread for the part. But this is not a very common variant
Stiff belts, on the contrary, practically do not stretch. Before installing them, it is necessary to adjust the position of the motor relative to the tank. This variation is rare and found only on older models of equipment.
Deciphering of the belt drive marking 1270 J3 for the washing machine: belt length 1270 mm, sectional profile J, number of wedges 3
The length is also a significant value in the choice of the part. In the marking, this is indicated by the numbers in front of the section profile and the number of wedges.
In addition to the distinctive characteristics described above, drive belts are made of rubber or polyurethane. The first variation has a higher degree of strength, but it has a low stretch coefficient compared to the polyurethane specimen.
The second option is easy to install, but its degree of wear is faster than that of a durable rubber product. The type of belt drive needed is usually indicated by the brand of automatic washing machine, t. к. the motor pin is sharpened exactly for its profile.
Rubber belts differ from polyurethane belts primarily in color. Rubber ones are black, polyurethane ones are light. Rubber ones last longer
What to watch for when choosing a replacement?
It is not always possible to read the marking of the belt, for example, with long use, the coding can be simply erased. In such a situation, to select the right fittings, pay attention to the basic parameters, about which the following.
The length of the connecting piece should be taken into account in the first place. If you make a wrong choice and the purchased belt is shorter or longer than the previous one, it will either tear or come off constantly while working. if so, the machine can hardly be fully exploited.
The V-belt consists of the following parts: the cord. a load-bearing layer placed approximately in the center of gravity of the section, the base. rubber layers going under the cord, the wrapper. several layers of rubberized fabric
The cross-sectional profile is also necessarily taken into account. the H-shaped one will not sit on the motor, sharpened for the J-shaped one. But the number of chocks need not be taken into account.
For example, belts marked 1130 H6 and 1130 H7, 1276 J4 and 1276 J5 are practically the same. The product with the greater number of wedges will be wider. This reduces the risk of slippage.
All models of Samsung washing machines use belts with the same profile and length. 1270 J. For narrow appliances, three wedge pieces with the code 1270 J3 are used, for medium and wide. 1270 J5.
How to replace the belt on the washing machine drum
In washing machines manufactured by Samsung the cover located in the back is not removable. This always makes it very difficult to repair a broken machine.
- The same belt. should be picked up with a marking identical to the failed one;
- A piece of duct tape not more than 15 centimeters long;
- Half a meter of wire with a thickness of 0.5-0.8 millimeters;
- Flashlight or any other device that can be source of light;
- Phillips screwdriver.
Before starting the repair, inspect the drum pinion and pulley. There are several compartments on the gear for the mating parts of the belt. Install it from top to bottom. Installing a new belt in place of the old one, it is important to correctly hit where the previously failed element was. If it gets too close to the pinion, it’s not clear if it’s properly installed. It is possible that in this case a part of the belt will either sag or stand on the edge of the pulley and then the repair work has to be repeated.
After the strap is put on the pulley it needs to be shifted slightly to the side. It is important to choose a position for the pulley where it has a support against the rotation of the equipment, which is usually constantly trying to move to the opposite side, where it stops thanks to the stop.
Use duct tape to secure the strap. To protect it from damage, wire comes in handy. place it over duct tape, forming about 10 turns and secure its edges by twisting them together. Turn the pulley until the belt fits properly.
If the steps were done correctly, you will hear a kind of click. The strap cannot twist because it is held in place by the retainer you have made.
Now you should spin the pinion to the opposite side, and then, remove the tape and wire. Repair completed.
All actions, in general, take no more than a quarter of an hour in time, but only if they are carried out strictly in accordance with the instructions. To check the result, crank the pulley. Belt falls into place and aligns.
The drive belt is slipping on the pulley link of the drum or motor. It is used to transmit the torque from the motor to the drum. The part has a service life of more than 10 years, but fails when overloaded. Modern washing machines display an error code. Visually, the breakdown is manifested in several variations.
If the appliance is overloaded with laundry, the drum may spin more and the strap may fall off.
The main signs of failure
The following factors indicate that the drive belt in an automatic washing machine has come off:
- No rotation of the drum with the working motor when starting the program;
- there is no cranking of the drum unit, although the engine runs with appreciable effort;
- The drum only rotates with a small amount of stuff inside;
- There is no twisting when loading a large batch of laundry;
- Unusual sounds. grinding and rubbing
- program starts and then the machine freezes.
Why the belt comes off the washing machine
Before correcting the problem it is worth following up to find out why the belt comes off in your washing machine.
- Pulley mounting problems. Loose or loose fasteners can cause the belt to break or come off and cause the drum to jam.
- Unreliable attachment of motor. Belt does not tighten properly and can slip when fasteners are loose. Failure can be corrected by tightening all fasteners.
- Natural wear and tear of the part. If the machine has been in use for more than 10 years, the belt is stretched. Whistles when spinning and spinning problems show up.
- Bearing failure. When the bearings of the machine wear out, you hear a lot of noise from the vibration of the part itself and the drum pulley. The load on the part becomes heavier with every wash cycle. Operating the machine with defective bearings causes the belt to stretch, fly off or break.
- Deformation of the pulley or shaft. The geometry of the parts is disturbed by loose motor fasteners, changes in the shape of the shaft and pulley, and breakage of the crosshead. Strong vibration during operation causes the belt to slip and break, as well as damage to complicated parts of the washing machine.
- The belt is loosely tensioned. If the element is undersized, tensioned incorrectly, it will fall off.
- Infrequent starting of household appliances. When the machine is used infrequently, the drive belt loses its elasticity. it dries out when bent. The rigid element may crack, tear or stretch when the pulley rotates.
- Drum cross section loosening. When quickly comes off the drive belt from the serviceable drum of a household washing machine, you need to check the balance of the cross.
- Deformation of the plastic tank. When using the appliance for a long time, the deformed parts of the tank create pressure on the drum pulley. Changing its position relative to the motor one causes the belt to collapse.
- Setting an intensive washing program. Overloading the machine with laundry and its daily operation on an intensive mode (5-10 hours) leads to belt collapse. The part must be put in place.
- De-energize the automatic dishwasher by unplugging it from the mains.
- Unscrew the back cover.
- Put a belt on the motor shaft
- Next you need to pull the belt on the pulley by turning it counterclockwise.
- Turn the pulley by hand a few more times to make sure the belt is in place and nothing is interfering with its rotation.
How much does it cost to replace the drive belt on a washing machine?. excluding the cost of a new part. It will cost the same to put a belt on the pulley of the washing machine drum, if it came off.
How much does it cost to replace the drive belt on a washing machine?. without including the cost of a new part. The same will cost to put the belt on the pulley of the washing machine drum, if it flew.
How to Replace a Washing Machine Door Seal. Indesit
Arm yourself with a slotted screwdriver. gently use it to gently grip the edge of the belt. Pull the belt out of the grooves on the pulley by sliding it sideways. Turn the pulley while holding the belt with your hand. After this, the belt should easily come off the pulley, and you can safely remove it from the housing.
Why it does not hold??
The first thing to do is to look inside the car and see if the problem is in the belt. If this is the case, here are the most popular causes of belt slippage:
- If the machine is regularly operated under loads which it does not pull by configuration. the belt will sooner or later fall off. If this is the first time it has happened. just pull the part back on and enjoy the washing machine;
- If it is not the first time that the belt comes off when the drum is running fast, the belt may be stretched. There is only one way out. replace it with a new one;
- The runaway drive can be caused not only by the drive itself, but also by a loose motor: the latter will periodically change its position and thereby loosen the belt. To eliminate the problem. fix the motor more securely;
- A loose pulley is also the cause of belt wear. All that is required is to re-fix the pulley tightly;
- pulley or shaft can be deformed (often the belt itself, flying off, bends them). In this case, it is necessary to buy a new part;
- The shaft is connected to the body of the washing machine with a cross. Consequently, if the crosspiece is damaged, the belt will fall off. The way out is to buy a new pulley;
- Worn bearings can lead to the fact that the movement of the drum will go with a misalignment, leading first to the loosening of the belt, and then to its disconnection;
The belt can break if the machine is turned on after a long idle time, this happens because the drive dries up in the absence of work.
The belt comes off the washing machine drum. what to do?
The belt in the washing machine affects the quality and stability of the drum. Breakdowns can cause uncharacteristic knocking, wobbling of the unit, poor wringing of clothes and other unpleasant consequences. This can be due to the fact that the belt in the washing machine is loose. In this article we will tell about the most common breakdowns and how to solve them.
Why do you need the belt and where it is located?
For full operation of the washing machine must work all of its components. The belt in the machine serves as the connecting piece between the pulley and the motor. Due to their proper operation will spin the drum. Often encounter a tear in such a belt or a disturbance in its position. As a result, the unit will cease to perform its direct purpose.
To find the belt, you need to do the following steps:
Disconnect the device from the power grid, and cut off the water supply.
Disconnect the fill and drain hose from the machine.
Pull the unit to the open space of the bathtub or other room. This will make it easier to work with the back of the machine.
Unscrew the back cover, which is attached by screws. The belt is placed between the engine pulley and the pulley.