Causes of blowing out of the gas boiler by the wind
Most often in strong wind blows out the gas boiler or a decrease in pressure of the gas flowing in the main, or in the case of installation of the ventilation system with violations.
Can also cause this kind of chimney, which does not meet the technical parameters, the influence of external factors.
This happens in the following way: air from outside, entering the chimney, produces an excessive pressure. As a consequence, the check valve is often closed. The system automatically responds to such a change in valve condition and gas stops flowing into the furnace.
Dirt, soot, foreign objects, all this does not contribute to the free movement of combustion gases through the chimney. The cross-section of the flue pipe must be the same throughout. It is desirable that the shape of the chimney is round and smooth. The resulting hot air swirls and creates a reverse air shock, which can also extinguish the boiler.
Regular cleaning, as well as giving the chimney channels a round shape of the same radius will avoid this problem.
The most common problem is the height of the pipe above the roof. The chimney vent should be 10. 15˚ higher from the axial mowing line of the slope and ridge of the roof. Often, newly built structures, high trees affect the air flow and there is a reverse flow of air in the pipe and then this rule ceases to work.
Too close to the chimney supply vent pipes can cause back draught. Sometimes there are gross mistakes in the internal construction: the chimney has more than three bends or the angle of bends is less than 90˚, horizontal ducts have a reverse slope.
In these cases it is enough to enlarge the outside pipe, the cross section of the enlarged pipe must be the same diameter as the chimney itself. You can install the deflector. Deflector is a fan without an electric motor of special design.
Under the influence of combustion products, the internal blades unwind and create more air rarefaction, which increases the draft. Minus. the deflector requires periodic maintenance and can freeze.
When the gas equipment flame goes out, the first thing to check is the draft.
- To check it, it is necessary to use a burning match, bring it to the observation window and carefully study how the flame changes:
- if its movement makes a slope towards the opening, it becomes clear that there is nothing wrong with the draught;
- If the flame of a match stands still, then the cause has been found, the problem is the lack of draft of the chimney.
To eliminate the cause of malfunction in the boiler system, it is necessary to let some air into the room. Next, you will need to disconnect the section of the chimney, which is connected to the outlet pipe of the boiler, and check in this area for traction.
- Lack of draught in the main duct indicates a clogged pipe, which must be got rid of. The second step for troubleshooting the heating boiler is to check the gas pressure. The first sign of low pressure is the gas burner fading smoothly. To clarify it, it will be necessary to disconnect the gas pipe from the unit and, when ready, open the gas valve. A loud hissing sound and a pungent methane odor is heard when the gas supply is standard.
- If the combustible material does not flow well into the boiler system, it is necessary to clean the filter of the gas intake of the device. If cleaning is unsuccessful, call a gas fitter. He will be able to determine the cause of the malfunction by checking the central pipe line.
- With the onset of cold weather, the problem with unit operation may be due to icing on the header. To get rid of it is not easy, but it is possible. You can’t knock it down like an ice buildup, a frozen crust forms even on the inside and completely cuts off access to air. To get rid of this problem, you need to remove the head and defrost it manually.
- The cause of the fading of the flame during operation of a gas device can be a malfunction of the unit’s automatics. A loud buzzing noise occurs, which indicates an error in the system fan operation. This part of the construction ensures the draught of the gas appliance. And if the fan is out of order, it must be replaced.
- The most common problem for owners of energy-dependent boilers can be unstable power supply. There can be spikes in voltage, which triggers the protection system of the unit. Gas supply is automatically stopped, the boiler, respectively, turns off. Unfortunately, with frequent power outages, the heating boiler system suffers and can fail at any time. To rule out this kind of trouble, we recommend installing a voltage regulator.
If you can not find the cause of the gas boiler fading, you should contact a master. Do not try to do the job for him, as troubleshooting can be hidden in the most serious points in the design of the heating unit or in the fuel supply system
Why the gas boiler goes out. causes and their elimination
To ensure safe operation and prevent explosive situations, sensitive automation is installed in gas boilers. The work of the heating equipment stops when the gas pressure drops, voltage fluctuations in the network and reduced intensity of draught.
Gas boiler fumes at any deviations of the operating indicators from the norm. Thus, the safety of operation is ensured.
Furnace Keeps Shutting Off. Furnace Repair
Dirt, soot, foreign objects, all this does not contribute to the free movement of burnt gases through the chimney. The cross-section of the smoke evacuation duct must be the same throughout. Preferably, the shape of the chimney should be round and smooth. The resulting hot air swirls and creates a reverse air blow, which can also extinguish the boiler.
Regular cleaning, as well as making the smoke exhaust ducts round one radius will avoid this problem.
What to do
In case of weak or excessive draft first of all check the tightness and thermal insulation of pipes, remove the fouling or ice inside the chimney. Further steps depend on the device type.
If the gas boiler is constantly blowing in the wind, you need to do the following:
- Install a voltage regulator for the power supply. It helps to solve the problem with turbine units (“Borinski” etc.).).
- Reduce the chimney clearance by means of a coaxial chimney. Reception works with atmospheric single-circuit boilers (models AOGV “Gazovik”, AOGV 11.6 or 11.6-3 Zhukovsky plant, Mimax KSG-10, etc.).
- Put a grate on the door. As a result, the air supply will increase, the problem of weak draught will be solved. Works reception for models “Proterm”, “Conord”, “Ross”.
According to forum reviews, these measures are also effective for combined units like “Siberia”, “TAIGA”, etc.
Furnace Starts Then Stops. Troubleshooting | Repair and Replace
Excessive draught can be reduced by using the deflector or non-blower, distributing air flows optimally.
Weak wick burns
The wick burns weakly for two reasons: either it is clogged and needs to be cleaned, or you have low inlet pressure. If you have a home regulator, be sure to check its settings. Perhaps you need to increase the inlet pressure, because it is constantly fluctuating due to the fact that the consumption of gas is different in different periods.
Accordingly, during the heating season, when the gas boilers are on, gas consumption is higher and inlet pressure also drops. And the regulator, as far as you know, keeps a certain differential between inlet pressure and outlet pressure. Accordingly, this differential also falls, because of this may be weaker burning your wick. Check the regulator setting and also clean the wick.
The main reason for blowing out of the burner in the gas boiler. not properly designed ventilation system and violation of technological parameters during installation of the chimney.
Outside factors contributing to the heating shutdown problem are:
- High trees growing next to the house, the crowns of which direct the flow of wind into the chimney;
- Frequent gusts of strong downwind;
- chimney that is too low.
Possible causes of boiler burner blowing out
If the pipe is improperly positioned, strong air currents exert excessive pressure on the check valve, causing it to go into the closed position. Automation immediately reacts sensitively and cuts off the gas flow into the combustion chamber.
Sometimes blowing out of the boiler is due to the burnout of the pipe and the formation of a hole in it. When the wind gets into the hole, it leads to improper operation of the chimney, and only a complete replacement of the structure can help.
It is important to remember that the problem of blowing out the boiler is often accompanied by other factors:
- Insufficient gas supply;
- Low gas pressure in the pipeline;
- malfunction of the automation of the device;
- Insufficiently efficient chimney ducts.
All of the above violations must be eliminated in time, and then call in specialists in heat engineering to verify the performance of the ventilation system and smoke removal.