After what time the refrigerator should turn off
The refrigerator refers to such household appliances that work cycles. Knowing how often the refrigerator should turn on, you can understand whether it works correctly or not. The compressor operates during the period, as a result in the cells, the air is cooled to a given temperature. The frequency of switching and disconnecting depends on different factors. For the correct diagnosis and repair, we recommend contacting the renovation repair.Com
Under the cycles of the apparatus, this refers to the time when it produces cold, namely the duration of the functioning of the compressor electric motor. Devices can work with a short and rapid number of launch cycles. If the cycle of the refrigerator is disturbed, then there is any malfunction, or this happened due to its improper operation.
It is considered undesirable if in an hour the number of motor inclusions is represented by one cycle. But this failure does not always speak of a malfunction.
With a rare disconnection, the compressor downtime increases, the evaporator manages to thaw, a layer of ice forms on the walls. Due to the frequent inclusion and off of the compressor, the period of rest and the functioning of the refrigerator is reduced. The motor has to consume more electricity. Especially when it turns on. As a result, electricity costs are growing. With prolonged compressor operation, products in the chamber are rewind.
After what time the refrigerator should turn off
The ratio of the minutes of active freezing and rest is approximately the same. How much time a refrigerator works a day? The device works and rests for about 12 hours.
As for the interval for turning on and off the refrigerator, the operation time depends on:
This period on average is 2-2.5 hours. The design of all devices has a thermoregulatory device and a special control element. They allow you to set the required temperature. The compressor of the apparatus, which has long been operated, is rarely turned on, because the products have already cooled.
After what time the refrigerator should turn off when the first turned on? In this case, he will work continuously until he gains the desired temperature. This can last from 2 to 8 hours or more. In two.Chamber devices with the No Frost system after starting and freezing, thanks to the thermostat and evaporator, the thawing mode is turned on. On average, the frequency of the working cycle is 9-16 minutes, it takes from 2 to 5 minutes to cool, the rest of the time is thawed. The cycle is disturbed after the refrigerator has been defrosted, or repaired. How much time refrigerators gain temperature after defrosting or repair?
In these cases, the duration of continuous work affects:
Experts do not advise loading the camera, and the thermorele handle recommends installing on the minimum value.
Then answering the question of how much the refrigerator is gaining cold after defrosting, we can say that it will take about 3 hours. Then you can put more products, but only cooled.
How often the refrigerator should turn on
There are norms that regulate how often the refrigerator should turn on and turn off. Namely, the exact repeatability of the launches and stops of the compressor motor. Household refrigerators are mainly turned on for 1 hour 4-8 times, one cycle is from 8 to 15 minutes. The electric motor operates for about 2-4 minutes with the indicated duration of the discharge of cold air inside the chambers. The compressor should not turn on in an hour only 1 time or not disconnected at all. This indicates a loss of his performance or a leak of freon.
Loosen Stuck Water Valve
Often the reason that the refrigerator is constantly turning on, it works for a long time and rarely turns off. Improper operation. By their own negligence, owners make mistakes. If your refrigerator freezes, but does not turn off for a long time, then:
- Check if the Super Frost function is turned on. In some models, it is turned off manually, not automatically.
- Ensure radiator cooling on the back wall. Do not move the refrigerator close to the wall, do not put it next to heat sources (heaters, stove, heating radiators).
- Do not set low temperature in the chambers in the summer. The greater the difference in temperature in the room and inside the refrigerator, the more often it will turn on.
- Do not put hot food in the refrigerator. Heated dishes and products increase the temperature inside the chambers and make the compressor work with greater intensity.
- Set the temperature in the main chamber at least 4 degrees, in the freezer.18 ° C and above. In summer, increase it by 2-5 degrees.
Separately, it is worth saying about inverter compressors. They always work, but with different intensity. Sometimes noise appears and it may seem that the compressor began to work constantly at high power. The reason is usually weakening fasteners and a small vibration.
Methods of personnel correction of the situation
To begin with, you should once again get acquainted with the recommendations for the operation of the refrigerator and check, it corresponds to the real situation of what is written in the instructions.
Solving the problem by rearranging
If between the refrigerator and the wall located at the back there is no gap or it is too small, just move the unit.
If the refrigerator does not turn off, you need to check the settings of the thermostat. Too low temperature in hot weather on the outside can lead to excess load on the compressor
I need to do the same if the refrigerator is too close to the heat source. Most likely you have to make a small rearrangement to place the device in a more suitable place. Then you need to check the temperature settings, measure the total air temperature in the room, and adjust the situation.
If, after these simple manipulations, the refrigerator began to turn off properly, you need to observe its work. The compressor periods should not be too long.
Search for violation in isolation
If everything is in order with operating conditions, or if the situation is fixed, and the engine continues to work without stops, it’s time to look for other options.
Wear of the sealing laying on the refrigerator door or its deformation can lead to depressurization and violation of heat transfer inside the device
First you need to inspect the rubber seal around the perimeter of the refrigerator doors. From time to time, the material could deform and start passing the air. If the seal looks new and elastic, you can look for damage on it. A small hole causes many problems.
It is easy to replace the seal. To do this, you need to purchase a new element, remove the old rubber, clean the base and glue the intact gasket using special glue or epoxy resin. Of course, during the work, the refrigerator should be disconnected from power supply.
One of the reasons for the depressurization of the refrigerator camera is the improper installation of the refrigerator doors. This is due to the inept actions of the master. It also happens, but less often, as a result of the use of defective elements.
If the seal is in order, you need to inspect the doors and the place of their fastening. The master will help to identify and eliminate the shortcomings.
The compressor can work without stopping due to the fact that the contacts of the starting relay, as it were, are bought at the junction, the rupture of the circuit becomes impossible
Determination of technical malfunctions
Problems often arise due to the starting relay of the compressor. This element turns on and off the engine to start the process of circulation of the refrigerant and cooling the air. Over time, the mobile contacts of the device are welded, “plugged” and cease to open up.
As a result, the compressor remains under voltage and continues to work continuously, regardless of the readings of the thermal sensor. To detect the presence of such a breakdown, you need to use an ohmmeter.
Installation of a new relay is a difficult operation, it is better for beginners to reprore such a repair to a specialist so as not to spoil the compressor finally. Freon leakage is not easy to diagnose at home. The refrigerant has neither smell nor color, it simply evaporates into the environment, without causing harm.
Using a soap solution allows you to accurately detect places of damage to the refrigerator. To do this, air should be downloaded to the system under pressure
This video shows a check for a freon leak and diagnosis of the condition of the capillary tube using the example of the Bosch refrigerator:
It is also better to entrust the refueling by Freon, who has equipment suitable for this type of work. The leakage place is determined by visual inspection of the contour.
But the damage can be so invisible that to identify them, it will have to open the refrigerator and drain the remnants of the freon from it. Then the air under pressure is pumped into the tubes.
It should be small so as not to aggravate existing damage, but at the same time sufficient for successful diagnosis. A soap solution is applied to the surface of the tubes, which will bubble in places where the tightness is disturbed.
The air is pulled, the cracks are sealed, then the refrigerant floods the system into the system. In some difficult cases, when the circuits of the circuit cannot be restored on the spot, the refrigerator is taken for repair to the service center.
If the refrigerator works without breaks due to the leakage of the freon, to refuel the system with a new portion of the refrigerant, you will have to unscrew a special tube
The refrigerator thermal controllers can have a very different structure depending on the refrigerator model. If the rod flew out in the device, just adjust its position so that the unit starts to work normally.
But it also happens that during defrosting, water gets inside the regulator. This leads to the closure of the electric system, you will have to completely replace the thermostat. To perform such work, it is better to invite a master who can choose the right element for replacement.
If the thermostat in the refrigerator has broken and it was not possible to fix it, you will have to install a new element. The easiest way is to insert the falling stem in place
The control module malfunction can also be diagnosed only by the master using testing equipment. Minor problems by an experienced refrigerator can eliminate immediately.
What is the dangerous operation of the device
Among the problems that arise when the refrigerator works without stopping, distinguish:
A person must check the work of his refrigerator if the products begin to freeze in the refrigerator. This is one of the symptoms of continuous work.
If the device does not turn off for a long time, you need to check the temperature in the room. If the temperature is too high, you should turn on the air conditioner or cool the room in any other way. The normal cycle of the refrigerator is considered to be a shutdown every 9-25 minutes. It should be noted that at the first turned on the device works until the desired temperature is reached inside the camera. After that, it begins to maintain the required temperature, so it often turns off.
If the device does not turn off within a day, then this usually does not pose a threat, but at the same time requires evaluation and diagnosis. The ignored problem will lead to a more serious breakdown, which will require expensive repairs.
The refrigerator is constantly working: what can be done yourself
Sometimes the reasons for the constant operation of the compressor of the refrigerator are associated with violation of operating conditions or the refrigerator is generally working normally. Here is a list of such reasons for ordinary refrigerators with a “drip” thaw in the refrigerator compartment and manual defrosting in the freezer.
- You just turned on the refrigerator. If the refrigerator is new, after repair, defrosting or you just turned it on after downtime, then the constant work of the motor is the standard situation. The refrigerator needs to dial the temperature in the chambers, so it does not turn off. Wait for up to a day when the temperature in the chambers drops to the given values, and the compressor of the refrigerator will turn off.
- Heat in the room. A common operating error when users include the maximum cooling mode of chambers in the heat. For this reason, the refrigerator works all the time and does not turn off. This is dangerous for the compressor, reduces its service life. Set the standard cooling settings: in the refrigerator. 4 ° C, 5 ° C, in the freezereighteen.19 ° C.
- Activated the fast frost function (Superfrost) or cooling (Supercool). These functions are designed for quick freezing or cooling of large batches of products. In most refrigerators, they turn off automatically 24-48 hours after turning on, but there are models in which they need to be disconnected manually. Check if these functions are included on your refrigerator. Perhaps because of this the engine does not turn off.
- You put a lot of products in the freezer. Warm products increased the temperature in the freezer compartment, so the engine works without a break. Wait for up to a day until the products freeze, or turn on the Superfrost mode for their fast frost.
- You often open the door of the freezer or refrigerator compartment. For this reason, warm air enters the chambers, and the refrigerator does not turn off for a long time. Try to minimize the opening of the refrigerator, especially in the heat.
- Accidentally forgot to close the door. Check if the refrigerator door is tightly closed. If not, open it and close it again.
- Errors when installing the refrigerator. For good ventilation of the rear lattice (condenser) of the refrigerator, it is necessary to leave the gap between the wall and the refrigerator. Also from the side walls to heat sources (stoves, batteries, dishwasher) should remain at least 3 cm. If you have violated the installation rules, then the capacitor will be poorly given heat, the motor will work without a break, and the refrigerator will be bad to freeze.
Why the refrigerator does not turn off: the main reasons
Your refrigerator works uninterruptedly and does not turn off at all. The following reasons are the explanation:
- Relay breakdowns;
- The failure of the thermostat;
- Malfunctions of the contours of thermoregulation or boards;
- Violation of the integrity of the door seals;
- Leakage of a freon agent;
- Clogging of capillary tubes;
- Installation of equipment in an excessive warm room;
- User installation of the program.
Each of these reasons requires a detailed consideration.
The door seal was damaged
The rubber seal is located around the perimeter of the refrigerator door, ensures its sealing and prevents the cold leakage. In the case of loose closing the sash, the load on the compressor increases. Thus, the motor compensates the excessive external heat. The breakdown is eliminated by replacing the seal.
You set this mode
When the super-commercial or expressing is turned on, non-stop functioning of the engine is possible. To eliminate the problem:
- The refrigerator with mechanical control does not turn off, loudly and constantly works until the user disconnects the constant cooling program;
- Compressors of electronic control models stop after 8 hours.
High temperature in the room
The location of the device is near pipes, radiators, heaters, fireplaces or on the sunny side of the room is contraindicated. Some models work non.Stop even at a temperature in a room of 30 degrees. The following actions will help to solve the issue:
- Installation of air conditioning and ventilation systems in the kitchen;
- Rearrangement of the refrigerator in another room;
- Reducing the heating temperature at the installation site of the equipment.
The thermostat failed
Thermostat or temperature sensor gives a signal for opening the circuit. With its breakdown, the compressor works uninterruptedly. It has already received information about achieving low temperature and further freezing.
When the refrigerator is constantly working without stopping and do not disconnect, determine what the reason lies, as follows:
- Disassemble the back wall of the technique.
- Remove the thermostat.
- Press on the plate next to the central nut.
- In the absence of a click, replace the part.
You can identify a problem by checking the resistance by a multimeter.
Important! Work on the diagnosis of breakdowns and replacement of the part should only be performed by a specialist.
Drolls in the opening relay of the compressor lead to adhesion of contacts and become the cause of non.Stop work. With natural wear of the part, the pressure in the pipe of discharge ceases to form, and the given temperature is not achieved.
The breakdown is eliminated only by replacing the motor that the master conducts. The works are expensive, because they include:
- Disassembly of the refrigerator;
- Compressor installation;
- Re.Pumping freon;
- Launch of a thermal attemptor;
- Testing and starting technology.
Signs of breakdown of the refrigerator compressor
Advice! It is better to fix the compressor because when buying a new technique, the risk of a part malfunction remains.
A refrigerant from the system
The compressor pumps a liquid freon into the system. The substance takes the heat from the products and takes it out. In case of violation of integrity or overcurrent of pipes, the refrigerant follows. The increase in temperature and non.Stop operation of the refrigerator begins when the gas becomes small.
The problem is eliminated by refueling Freon, but only a specialist should carry out work.
Damage of evaporative pipes
Why the household refrigerator does not turn off at all if the main parts are serviceable? The compressor operates uninterruptedly when an ice thrombus formed in the evaporative tube. In case of violation of the tightness of the pipes, a similar phenomenon occurs.
Freezer Runs All The Time — Freezer Troubleshooting
It is difficult to eliminate the breakdown independently. It is necessary to almost completely disassemble the technique.
Control module failures
The element is responsible for processing a signal from a thermal attemptor. With voltage jumps or from moisture access, the part may break, and the motor can constantly work. To eliminate the breakdown, you need to flanch the control module, which will be performed by the master.
Problems of one.Compressor models
With constant generation of cold and the absence of a compressor shutdown, wear or damage to the sensors is possible. The position of the circuit breaker is normalized manually. If the breakdown remains, you need to change the compressor or thermostat.
Correct installation and its results
The cause of failures in the compressor can be the wrong installation of the refrigerator. The main task of this technique is to ensure the removal of heat from chambers. Therefore, there should be free air access to the evaporator.
Here are the basic rules for installing the refrigerator:
- Observe the distance from the walls of the device to walls or furniture;
- On the refrigerator near the stove;
- Do not install the refrigerator close to heating batteries.
Through the back wall of the refrigerator, heat is removed from the inside. The colder the surrounding air, the better. Then the compressor will need to do less work. Accordingly, its service life will increase. And you will save on expensive repairs.
If you read somewhere that you need to observe the distance from the walls, ceiling, etc.D it is a myth. In addition to the manufacturer, no one will say how this or that device should work. 99% of the recommendations from the Internet sucks from the finger!
The minimum distance from the walls of the refrigerator depends on:
- Thermal transfer of the evaporator:
- Type of freon;
- Inverter or not a compressor;
- Transformation coefficient (COP);
- Cold production;
These are only five factors on which it depends on how to properly place the refrigerator. We cannot consider each individual case. Therefore, we recommend using instructions or manual. There definitely will not be mistaken there.
Correct care will relieve problems
Malfunctions often arise due to the fault of the owners of household appliances themselves. The following errors are considered the most common:
- Neglect of regular defrosting of the unit;
- Too frequent defrosting;
- Placement of the device in the warmth;
- Camera overload with products;
- Installation on the upper panel of the aggregate of heavy objects;
- Careless treatment that led to depressurization;
- Attempts to remove ice with sharp objects.
It is important to adhere to the instructions for defrosting the refrigerator. You need to turn off the power, open the doors and allow the hoorful to melt the natural way. With competent care, the device will work regularly for many years.
With violation of the cyclicity of turning on and off the compressor, do not postpone the repair. It is necessary to call a master who will figure it out, why refrigerators are not disconnected, and will take measures. Processing will lead to the fact that the engine will burn and the cost of returning the refrigerator to working condition will increase markedly.