Which is more profitable and economical. An electric kettle or thermopot
When choosing a modern thermal pod or a classic electric kettle, you need to figure out what is more economical and convenient to use in everyday life. Consumers need to know the design features, functional equipment and the principle of operation of devices.
Which is still better-a compact kettle or innovative thermopot? The answer depends on your goals and the specifics of the devices.
Types of electric teapots
Electrochians are small household appliances with a removable or built.In tank, in the lower part of which there is a heating element. The container is filled with water. On the housing there are control buttons (powering/off), power cord, thermostat.
Devices are available in the following variations:
- Plastic. Inexpensive and durable. Models have a container of various transparency;
- Glass. Environmentally friendly and safe teapots, can be equipped with backlight;
- Metal. Made of stainless steel, characterized by strength and reliability;
- Ceramic. When heated by water, they practically do not make noise, but have increased fragility.
Plastic electric kettle Metallic model of glass case Ceramic kettle
Advantages and disadvantages of electric kettle
Teapots are suitable for quick cooking connoisseurs of hot drinks. Among the advantages of devices:
- Universality. It is used for boiling water, cooking hot drinks, sometimes for cooking eggs;
- Mobility and compactness. Small dimensions of technology allow you to easily transport, take on travel;
- Rapid water heating. Fluid boils in a few minutes;
- Ease of use. Controlled by the button on the case, automatic shutdown.
- Fast heat transfer;
- Large energy consumption;
- The ability to scald when used improperly;
- Heating of the case.
General review of technology
The principle of thermopot is quite simple: the device brings the liquid to a boil, after which it supports it hot for a long time. About 6 hours. Thus, the user saves both time and electricity.
The volume of thermopote can be different: from 2.5 to 8 liters. On what meaning to choose a choice is to decide the owner. Consider how often there is a need for hot water. The purchase will not become profitable if the user is enough for 2. 3 cups of tea per day, an ordinary medium.Sized kettle can easily cope with this task. But for an office or a large family, thermopot will be an excellent and useful assistant in the kitchen.
Outwardly the device is significantly different from the usual electric kettle. Thermopotes have large dimensions, it should be installed stationary, in a specially designated place. Pour the liquid with a jug, the device is not substituted under a stream of water. The boiling water is supplied in a cooler or coffee maker. Using a built.In pump. Before choosing a thermopot for a home, cottage or office, be sure to read the features of the device.
The main options for choosing
Before you decide on the choice of the model, you need to decide whether the thermopot is needed in the household. If you still need, then you need to pay attention to all the structural and functional features of the device. Otherwise, there can only be problems with ease of use, safety and energy consumption.
Also, the size of the device is directly related to the volume of capacity. For a small kitchen, a device with a volume of 5 liters is hardly suitable. Thermopotes with a small volume have a smaller mark of the minimum permissible amount of water, which simplifies the process of rapid boiling per cup of tea.
It must also be taken into account that the actual volume of the water tank is slightly smaller, indicated by the manufacturer.
The consumer capacity of the device is much lower than the electric kettle. To boil water, the maximum power is used up to 1000 watts. To maintain high temperature. No more than 100 watts/hour.
Power slightly affects the speed of boiling water. Therefore, it is not always appropriate to buy the most powerful device, because this is extra expenses for electricity.
Volume of liters
For a small family up to 3 people, it makes no sense to buy a thermal with a large capacity. This is only additional power costs. Also, the water will be infused, which can worsen its quality. For such a family, the device is suitable for the volume of the flask up to 3 liters. If the family is numerous, and the guests in the house are not uncommon, then you can get a device with a volume of up to 7 liters.
IKEA SHOP WITH ME SUMMER 2021
A heating element
Most of thermopotes have two heating elements. One for boiling, the other to maintain high temperature. There are 3 types of heaters in total:
- Open: a spiral that boils quickly and quietly, but needs cleaning;
- Closed: Tenn, who is hidden in the case and is protected from the formation of scale;
- Disk: heating disk to which two electrical contacts are directly connected.
Help: A device with an open spiral should be cleaned regularly. The scale reduces the life of the thermopot, makes water harmful to the body and increases the fluid boiling time.
Timer. Heating speed
The boiling time of water directly depends on its volume in thermopot. Boiling time will be approximately 5 minutes per 1 liter. Water, while the teapot takes 2-3 minutes per liter.
The timer allows you to set the time for heating water, which is very convenient when you do not want to spend electricity once again or wait for boiling water.
Management can be manual or microprocessor. Manual allows you to pour water, even with disconnected electricity. But using the automatic control of the water spill is much more convenient.
Also, the control panel may consist of a display and buttons, or a touch screen in more modern models. It is difficult to find a thermopot that is difficult to manage. Typically, the type of control for all models is intuitively understandable.
Thermopotes are made in a metal, glass or plastic case. Some prestigious models are made from a wooden case. Metal are better, respectively, more expensive. Device buildings do not heat up from safety measures. Which material of the case to choose is mainly a matter of designing a design.
The presence of a filter
Water purification filters not only make it suitable for drinking, but also get rid of the formation of scale in the tank. Such a functional possibility is present in models from the middle price category. Electricians are not equipped with a filter, which is a big advantage of thermopotes above them.
Knowledge of the main technical differences of two devices can affect your choice.
Introducing the new Nest Thermostat from Google
- Electricity for the kettle is needed only for the time of boiling water, the thermopot needs the network constantly, to supply water and maintain its temperature (of course, there are also the models where the manual pump is installed, and the temperature of the water supports not the built.In thermal.Resistant walls).
- Dimensions and mobility. Thermopot loses according to both criteria.
- Almost all thermopotes are equipped with a water filter, it needs to be changed once a month/quarter.
- The electric kettle case is most often heated, especially for materials such as glass or metal. Thermopotes are safer. Its dense walls hold heat and do not heat up, excluding the likelihood of injuries.
- Some models of thermopote are equipped with two water tanks, in one of them the heating temperature can be adjusted. The device makes it possible to simultaneously pour water of different temperatures, like a cooler.
The amount of energy consumed
We will calculate the electricity that the thermopote and the usual kettle consumes.
- An ordinary kettle. If we take as the basis that the average kettle has a capacity of 2500 kilowatts, and the water boiling time will be 3 minutes, with 4 one.Time use per day we get the following consumption: kW/month = 2.5 (34/60) 30 = 15kW/month.The resulting value is averaged. It can vary depending on the frequency of use and power of the electrical device.
- Thermopotes. Suppose that the power of the device is 800 watts. The average boiling time with a volume of 4l 12 minutes. The device operates in temperature maintenance (90 degrees) daily for 10 hours. The average energy consumption for maintaining is 30 watts. We will calculate: kW/month = 0.80,230100.0330 = 13.8
As you can see, energy consumption greatly depends on how often to use both ordinary heating and the mode of maintaining temperature.
With these values, the difference is 1.2 kW, which is a small value.
So, the amount of energy per month that the thermal consumes is completely dependent on the power of the device and on the frequency of its use. Conclusion: Since many indicators of work in reality will differ greatly from the above, the choice of device for heating water should occur solely based on personal needs and preferences.
Description of the device
Japanese invention dated 1992., In Russia, they call a teapot, electric kettler or Potter. Any modification of the unit is characterized by a rather simple and understandable principle of operation in operation. The device is intended for heating to the desired temperature of drinking water, followed by maintaining the liquid in a hot state.
The practical capabilities of a rather new apparatus allow you to do simultaneously with one kitchen device that combines 2 functions at the same time. Boiling and maintaining heat. A feature of thermopot and its main difference from electric kettle is the fact that the presented device was created not for rapid heating of water, but in order to maintain a given temperature of a large amount of liquid.
Hot water can be used to produce Chinese tea, a variety of cereals and children’s milk mixtures, the preparation technology of which requires the composition of the composition with a liquid that has a certain temperature. Today there are a large number of various types of thermopotes, characterized by parameters, design design, technical characteristics.
The table contains the main components of the device, which affect the features of the operation of the device:
The plastic case is cheaper, light and short.Lived. Its quality depends on the size of the device, the manufacturer.
Thermopotes (reviews, pros and cons are characterized by the features of each device) works in the following sequence:
- After filling the flask, using the power button, the unit is launched, then the heating element comes into effect, after which the liquid reaches the optimum temperature.
- After the water boils or becomes hot enough, the thermal switch comes into effect. When it is in contact with the tank, both an interruption of the electric network and the cessation of fluid heating are interrupted.
- Further, the water is gradually cooled to the indicator, a given value.
- At the next stage, a thermal attemptor is triggered, after which the heated water is supported in a hot state by turning on the second NE.
The stages of thermopot work are provided with a completely understandable integration, which allows you to control the device even to children.
In addition to the main values, manufacturers of modern devices equip them with options convenient in operation, which include such additional functions:
- The presence of a Russified menu.
- The display illumination, including the display of the ongoing processes, which allows you to use the device without turning on the light in the room.
- The impossibility of pouring filtered water in the process of heating;
- Function “Delayed Start”.
- Portion adjustment mode, which is especially important, for example, when cooking food for baby food.
- Designation of a measuring scale.
- Protection against the possibility of dry inclusion. This option will protect against the risk of fire of the device.
- Self.Cleaning of the device using a special coal coating of a tank or built.In filter. This function not only extends the period of use of the apparatus, but also provides fluid with safe properties for health.
- The presence of a zummer. A sound signal about the end of the unit work.
- Providing some models with the possibilities of smooth changes in the temperature regime in the range from the minimum to the maximum value of these indicators. The method of step switching allows you to heat water to 45, 60, 75, 80, 95 ° C.
- The ability to rotate the housing 360 ° around its axis along with the cord.
For managing the functions of the unit, including receiving information from temperature sensors, the electronic control board is responsible. Thermopotes have a very short story, therefore, when buying such kitchen equipment, it is recommended to give preference to more new world brands, in which manufacturers take into account and correct the miscalculations allowed when releasing the first devices, constantly modernize the manufactured products.
General features of thermal and kettle
Both of these devices are equipped with tubular electric heaters (heating elements), since both kettle and thermopotes are designed to provide users with hot water. But in the speed of obtaining boiling water there are serious differences.
The average teapot boils in just 3-5 minutes, due to a powerful heater (an average of about 2 kW) and a modest volume of liquid (the most common standard. 1.7 l). Thermopotus for heating water to the desired temperature takes an average of 16–20 minutes, since its heating element usually has a power of about 800 watts, but this technique contains water from 2.2 to 5 liters.
The second common feature can be called the ability to maintain water temperature at a given level. True, it should be clarified that absolutely all thermopotes and only some expensive electric kettles can do it. At the same time, the kettle will spend much more electricity on the performance of such a task than its opponent. And all due to constructive differences.
Review of thermopotes of different price categories
The line of electrical thermos includes models of domestic and foreign manufacturers, ranging from unknown companies to “monsters” of the kitchen market. So buyers can purchase premium thermopotes Zojirushi, Bosch, Rommelsbacher, Panasonic, as well as budget Polaris, Lumme, Tesler.
The following units deserve attention:
Polaris PWP 3620D. A device with a volume of 3.6 liters. Sausage and case. Stainless steel, backlight display, water indicator of water level. Power. 860 watts, several temperature conditions.
“Minus”. You have to constantly insert the fork into the outlet so that the device starts work (there is no special button).
Lumme LU-299-a thermopot from a group of inexpensive models with a volume of 3.3 liters. Boiling occurs in 18-20 minutes. Tenas. Closed spirals. The case is made of stainless steel. Three color solutions.
“Pros“. Small noise during work, reliability, affordable).
Only about three thousand costs reliable and economical in the work of Tessler TP 5001 thermopot. Up to five liters of water are poured into the flask. Power indicator. 750 kW. Fluid supply system in two modes. Mechanical and button.
CASO HW 400- the unit is more expensive than the previous model (5500-6200). The volume is small, only 2.2 liters. Four temperature modes. The peculiarity of the thermopot is very fast heating, what to consider when choosing. Building material. Combined (stainless steel and plastic). Water supply. Automatic pump.
Positive reviews are given by customers of the Redmond RTP-M801 model. The tank is in a durable metal case. Power. 750 W, volume. 3.5 liters. Boils water for 28-30 minutes. Support for a given temperature. Up to 20 hours.
There are a timer, backlight, automatic lock, three water supply options (including manual), 3 temperature regime.
Among the premium models in the ranking stands out the Japanese Zojirushi CD-LCQ50. The power of the device is 800 watts. The reservoir is designed for five liters. Water supply. Electric smoke. You can choose any of the three heating levels (60, 90, 98 degrees). The case is made of high.Quality plastic.
A timer is provided, indicating the water level, boiling, maintenance of temperature. Useful options. Filtering, dechlorization system, self.Cleaning.
According to buyers, the Zojirushi CD-LCQ50 model is one of the most reliable.
If you are a lover of tea party during the day, then the thermopot will become an excellent assistant in everyday life. It will save time, electricity, family budget, while providing hot water for the whole day. The main thing is not to get carried away with savings. Budget models are good only in pictures in catalogs, in reality reliable units of proven brands are better than.