On the one hand, the disassembly of the washing machine Ariston is quite simple, since here it is not necessary to remove the front panel. On the other hand, the manufacturer has provided parts and fasteners that are difficult to remove for the novice technician.
Let’s understand all the issues in order.
Removing the panels and covers
First remove the top panel, which is fastened with two screws.
To remove the top cover of the washing machine Ariston, you need to unscrew them from the back wall with a Phillips or hex screwdriver. Then push the cover to the opposite side from you, lift up and set aside.
Proceed to the rear panel. To remove it, unscrew the bolts around the perimeter, remove the panel to the side. You now have access to the motor and drum pulley.
It remains to remove the control panel. Sequence of work:
- Pull out the detergent dispenser tray. Pressing the latch in the center, pull the tray toward you and remove it from the housing.
- Unscrew the self-tapping screws that are behind the tray and on the opposite side of the panel.
- Using a flat screwdriver, squeeze the plastic latches. Take a picture of the location of the wires on the panel or mark them with a marker.
You will also need to remove the clamp from the manhole cover collar, so you can take the tank out. Having pulled back the gasket, pry up the clamp with a screwdriver and remove it. Insert the collar inside the tank.
So we are done with the panels. Moving on.
Remove the parts in the back
Return to the back of the CM. It is necessary to remove the drive belt by removing it from the pulley. To do this, pulling it towards you, twist the pulley.
- Pay attention to the motor of the washing machine Hotpoint Ariston. It is located in the lower part, under the tank.
- To remove the motor from the housing, disconnect the wiring leading to it.
- Remove the bolts that hold the motor. In this brand of machine, the part is typically held in place by four bolts.
It is not necessary to remove the heater from its seat. In this case, the sealing rubber of the element is not repairable. Therefore, it is sufficient to disconnect the terminals and wires leading to the heating element.
Time to remove the drain pump. If you could get to the motor through the rear opening, the pump can not be removed that way. You will have to turn the washing machine on its left side.
Note! If you do not feel comfortable removing the motor through the service hatch in the back, you can also do it through the bottom.
- Loosen the screws that secure the bottom cover, if your model has one.
- Unscrew the self-tapping screws, which are in the area of the drain filter, on the front panel.
- Give the filter a push, it should fall out with the pump.
- Using the pliers squeeze the metal clamp on the drainage pipe.
- Disconnect the hose from the pump.
- Unscrew the bolts that fasten the filter and pump.
Great! You now have the pump in your hands. Proceed to further disassembly of the washing machine Ariston.
Remove the parts in the upper part
Go to the upper opening of the Ariston washing machine, inspect all the elements of the machine. What else prevents you from removing the tank? That’s right, the interference filter and the pressostat.
Also disconnect the pressostat hose from the body of the tank, otherwise it can break when you disassemble it. Often manufacturers attach the wiring to the tank with plastic clips. Bite them with wire cutters and move the wiring aside.
Remove the accumulated water
Before performing a diagnosis, you must empty the machine. If automatic drain does not work, you must remove water from the tank with your own hands. This can be done either through the drain hose or by unscrewing the garbage filter.
Many Whirlpool automatic machines do not have check valves, so you can remove water from the drum by lowering the drain hose below the level of the tank. In this position of the hose, the liquid will begin to go by gravity. The main thing is not to forget to put a basin under the jet.
Some Whirlpool models have a special hose for emergency drainage, the pipe is located next to the garbage filter.
If the drain is carried out through the “garbage can”, the algorithm of actions is as follows:
- De-energize the automatic drain;
- Close the stop valve, which controls the flow of water into the washing machine;
If you unscrewed the trash filter, and the water has not poured, it means that the drainage pipe leading from the tank to the pump is clogged. Shake the hose, perhaps the liquid will begin to seep. If not, you will have to disconnect the tube and wash it under running warm water.
How to disassemble the machine
Washing machines with top loading differ greatly from front models, therefore the course of work will differ. In any case, before intervening, you should carefully study the scheme of construction of the “vertical“. Remember that it is not recommended to disassemble the automatic rifle without experience and appropriate knowledge. If you have not previously encountered the concepts of “control board”, “resistor” or “pressostat”, it is better not to experiment and do not create unnecessary problems for the specialists. When all doubts are left behind, let’s proceed.
- Disconnect the machine from the mains, move it to a free place and prepare all the tools.
- Removing the dashboard. Scheme of actions depends on the specific model: for some need to first unscrew the four bolts around the perimeter, and for others enough to pick up a detail and bend the latches. The detached circuit board can be either hung on the side wall or removed at all, thus freeing the wiring.
- Find the fasteners that hold the cover. Unscrew them and remove the panel.
- Unclamp the hose socket on the filling valve, disconnect the hoses, release the supply line and push the valve out.
- Unscrew the fasteners around the perimeter of the side panels, slide them down, and remove.
- Remove the front door locks and open access to the main parts of the washing machine.
- Detach wiring to the tank. It is not necessary to take the drum out of the automatic machines with vertical feeder and even the bearings are replaced on the spot.
- Then you should remove the drive belt from the pulley.
- The wiring is disconnected from the heater, the central nut is unscrewed, the bolt is pressed inside, and the heating element, after rocking to the sides, is removed from the housing.
- Remove the motor after unscrewing the connectors and releasing the retaining clips.
- To remove the pump, unfasten the clamps from the connected pipe and the drain hose, and then turn the pump counterclockwise.
Samsung Top Load Washer Mechanism Replacement | Disassembled & Assembled
Be prepared for the fact that when removing the pump from the machine water will pour out!
The disassembly of the cover of the vertical washer is done additionally. To begin, we put the panel on a flat surface, and then pull the detergent tray toward us, until it leaves the body of the machine. Then we press the upper latch, take out the button and unscrew the two self tapping screws that are hidden behind the button. Turning the door over, find the handle, and, unbuckling the holders, “half” the hatch.
At this stage the vertical washer is considered almost completely disassembled and ready for further manipulation. Now it is easy to carry out a repair or replacement with your own hands. The main thing is to act carefully and do not forget to clean dirt and limescale from the appliance.
Repair of machines with front loading
So, before starting to dismantle, let’s make the following preparations:
- Disconnect the washing machine from the mains.
- Pull the machine away from the wall, because the self-tapping screws that fix the top cover are on the back and a screwdriver must have some distance to unscrew them.
- Pay attention to maintaining the integrity of the drain hoses and power wires.
Pulling out the washing machine, you will see on the back most often two, and on some models three, screws that hold the cover in place. Unscrew them completely, and remember that under them there are plastic washers, which should not be lost.
Remove pressostat and control panel
The further sequence of steps depends on the end goal. If the pressostat or the control panel is to be removed, the starting point is the upper housing of the dispenser. The step-by-step instructions are as follows.
- Carefully insert a spatula under the dashboard and lift to release the two spring clips.
- Slowly pull the part towards you.
- Inspect the opening of the selector switches and the water valve. When replacing the electronic board it is necessary to remember the location of connectors and supply wires.
- Disconnect wires and power cable (for convenient unhooking of terminals and brackets it is better to use a flat screwdriver or pliers).
- Removing the water level sensor tube.
- Undo the two mounting screws with a suitable screwdriver or wrench.
- Remove the central control module.
Now all that is left is to straighten out the groups of wires and finally remove the dashboard. To avoid confusion when reassembling in the future it is recommended to take photos of connections and connectors or take care of marking them with marker or strips of tape. To penetrate even further into the Whirlpool washing machine device, you will have to continue the initial manipulation.
Disassembling an upright load washing machine
Unfortunately, any household appliance fails. Washing machines are no exception. Vertical washing machines break down as often as more usual front-loading machines, and the damage of “vertical machines” can be both typical, typical for front-loading machines, and individual, typical of vertical washing machines. Let us understand how to disassemble the washing machine with a vertical load to cope with a breakdown at home.
Getting ready for Disassembly
Before proceeding to disassembly of the washing machine with vertical loading, the equipment must be prepared for repair work.
The device must be disconnected from the network, as well as from the sewer and water supply and moved to a large room where it will be convenient to carry out the disassembly. Nearby you need to put one or two large tables, on which the removed parts and body parts will be placed.
Next, it is necessary to collect the necessary tools. To disassemble an upright washing machine, you will need:
You also need to prepare a container for draining the water remaining inside the machine and dry rags.
In the course of disassembly it is recommended to take pictures of each disconnected part, especially the wiring before disconnecting. It will allow not to make mistakes at the subsequent assembling of the washing machine and not to aggravate a situation.
Malfunctions of machines with vertical loading and methods of their elimination
Of course, for vertical machines are relevant and common faults of front. But there are also their “favorite plagues”, conditioned by design features and configuration of such machines assemblies. And the main feature of repair is gaining access to the inside of the machine by removing the side walls.
Contrary to the widespread opinion, the vertical washing machines are subject to such a mishap as leakage. And this can already cause other and more serious faults. But about everything in order.
How to prepare for disassembly
De-energize the machine
Do not disassemble the washing machine with the power on under any circumstances. It will cause damage to the machine and especially to the owner.
Turn off the water supply
Disconnect the water supply to the machine and the drain hose from the water valve to the drain. And drain off the rest of the water.
Prepare these tools
- service hook;
- 8, 9, and 19 wrenches;
- flat-end screwdriver;
- Phillips-head screwdriver;
- Pliers or pliers needed to clamp the clamps;
- Construction pliers;
- pliers with insulated handles;
- curved pliers (somewhat like pliers).
Write down the disassembly sequence
We recommend that you record or videotape the disassembly process, it will save a lot of time in the future when you begin to assemble the washer back.