Infrared underfloor heating under the carpet, why choose this option??
There is already such a stereotype that all the heating elements of floor heating systems should be in a concrete or cement-sand screed, directly on which the final coating is laid.
However, not every owner is “burning desire” to lay a concrete screed on the finished rough floor or on the outdated finish coating and install heating elements in it, so all professionals seek to find the right heating system for exactly their requirements.
Infrared underfloor heating under carpet, laminate or linoleum is a variant of modern heating system, which heating elements do not need to be filled with screed. In addition, the installation of foil flooring is very simple, and it has a small height that will not prevent the opening of the door when installing it.
Film infrared warm floor WarmCoin. Laying underfloor heating under the laminate with your own hands.
Remember that the recommended thickness of the “pie” water floor heating should not exceed 8 cm, and electric. 6 cm, but too thin a layer of screed can lead to its rapid destruction and failure of the entire heating system.
Infrared floor heating
Infrared floor heating is the latest version of the modern heating system. The principle of operation of these coatings is that the heat is radiated by infrared rays, which heats not the air (it can be weathered), but the objects in the immediate vicinity of the flooring.
This coating is visually a carbon film, into which are built thin plates of dielectric material, which are the heating elements of the system of infrared floor heating and are connected by thin silver-plated conductors.
Please note that infrared film is a rolled material. Certain groups of plates are sectioned and have special terminals for connecting conductors.
The film can be easily cut with regular scissors and does not require any special handling. The only thing that must not be made is cuts not on the applied lines, otherwise the heating elements will not work.
Using infrared underfloor heating under the carpet
Application of an infrared floor heating under the carpet should be regulated by certain requirements, which are put forward not only by the owners of the premises where the installation will be made, but also by all professionals.
Indeed, there are a number of requirements on the basis of which suitable options are determined:
Only one type of species can fully meet all requirements. it is an infrared film. It is the film is a homogeneous material that when loaded by human weight is not deformed.
Because of this you can be sure that a short circuit will not occur. Conductors are connected in parallel to the ends of the film (terminal connection), which are then led to the thermostat.
Many experts recommend laying a sheet of decking material on top of the film before laying the carpet. Keep in mind that when choosing a carpet for underfloor heating, great attention should be paid to its thickness.
Do not forget that the source of heat is under the underlay, respectively, the carpet will be heated in the first place, and only then the other items.
To ensure that the material does not stratify and does not create unpleasant and harmful odors, you should choose products with a thickness of 8-12 mm or more.
What kind of floor heating device is better to use under the carpet
Such devices have long been proven to be effective and affordable ways to heat the floor covering any type of premises. Underfloor heating under the carpet gives proper comfort even on the coldest day. A warm floor surface is extremely important if there are small children in the family. A warm surface allows you to walk barefoot all year round. As a floor covering thin materials are used, which are characterized by poor thermal insulation. Laminate, porcelain tiles or tiles are used for this purpose.
It is worth noting that the efficiency of the device is expressed primarily by the reduced power consumption of the heating device. But this type of flooring is not recommended for use in children’s rooms, as kids crawl or walk on the surface will not be comfortable. In this case it is recommended to use a carpet, which works perfectly with any additional heating devices. So which floor heating design to choose under the carpet or carpet?
Can we put a carpet on the warm floor?
A film resistance electric heater, or a mobile warm floor, is designed to provide a warm floor surface in any room by installing it under carpeting, laminate, carpet and other floor coverings.
The design consists of several strips of electric film with heating properties. the film thickness is 0.6 mm, width 0.5 m, which are fastened together by an electric cable with mandatory grounding.
Mobile floor heating has its own temperature regulator, which is attached to the wall, and from it the device is connected to the network via a standard 220 V socket.
The installation of such a floor is simply to roll it across the floor in the desired location and cover it with a rug or other covering.
After turning on the mobile mat its temperature begins to rise and is limited by the settings of the thermostat. The large area of the mobile floor allows a sufficiently large room to be heated quickly and efficiently.
The thermostat provides smooth temperature control with a threshold of 1° C and saves energy.
The average mobile floor heating output is 250 W/m². This value suggests that if you cover with such a mat just 25-30% of the floor in the middle of the room, it will be enough to fully heat the room.
That is, there is no need for complicated arrangement of water heated floors, in the insulation of the existing floor or the overhaul of the floor with its subsequent adaptation to the existing systems “warm floor”.
Installation of infrared floor heating
Similar structures can be installed independently. For this it is sufficient to study the step-by-step instructions supplied by the manufacturer. But first you should buy the necessary accessories, such as:
- the sensor of the thermostat;
- additional set of wires;
- a set of infrared film sold in rolls;
- in order to avoid possible heat loss you will need material for the thermal insulation layer.
Step-by-step scheme of laying (including on the wooden floor):
- To begin with, the surface to be used is prepared. Removal of old material (if necessary), construction and other debris. Severe irregularities are eliminated. It is necessary to level the surface, if the level of difference exceeds several millimeters per meter of the surface.
- A thermal insulation layer is recommended in order to minimize heat losses. You should use a material that does not conduct electricity (this will increase the overall level of safety). The sheets of material are bound with construction adhesive tape.
- The underlay is placed under the carpeting. The entire surface of the room is covered with mats, except for areas where there will be furniture.
- Connecting the device. For this purpose a thermo regulator is connected which is recommended to be fixed on the wall, half a meter from the floor. The wiring is laid, with the connection to be made in parallel. The whole layer is well insulated with sealants.
- Thermostat can be installed in several ways (external and internal). It is possible to hollow out the area from the floor surface to the place where it will be installed. If the repair of the room has already been completed, you can use a plastic box, which is convenient to place all the wires. The sensor is installed under the foil in a small recess. After connection the device is checked for proper functioning. A functioning system should heat the surface in five minutes. Earthing is not the least important, so all ends of the film should be glued with a special adhesive tape, which is then attached to the wire.
- Insulation layer installation. When using carpeting, the top layer of insulation is mandatory. Plywood is used for this, which can protect the infrared mats from any mechanical damage, and the carpet from overheating.
- Installation of carpeting. Before this, the material is rolled out throughout the room and left in complete rest for a day. During this time, the material will straighten out on its own. Adhesive tape is used for fixing. You can only walk around the room the next day.
Warm flooring for carpeting
Given the low thermal conductivity of carpeting, not every type of underfloor heating is suitable for space heating. Classic equipment, in the form of a heating cable or pipes with a liquid coolant, is not recommended for the following reasons:
- Local heating is achieved through heat dissipation from the surface of the cable or pipe.
- Most of the energy goes to overcome the thermal barrier in the form of carpeting, which eliminates the uniformity and speed of heating.
- Immediately after disconnecting the floor heating, the temperature of the carpet returns to its previous values.
Thus, for carpeting is suitable only one category of floor heating. infrared radiator, which has a lot of the following advantages:
- Thickness of the mat not more than 0,4. 0,5 mm, made as a film.
- The minimum amount of electricity is consumed during operation.
- It can be laid both in the body of the screed, and directly under the carpet (the second option is more preferable).
- Heating is almost instantaneous.
- The heat energy is transmitted immediately to the objects located on top of the carpet, so that the operated space reaches the desired temperature in a few seconds.
When choosing an infrared emitter, you must measure the size of the room in advance, and exclude from the heating area the places that will be occupied by the furniture.
Warm electric carpet features
Thanks to the warm electric carpet, you can keep the floor heat in certain parts of the apartment or house. Electric carpeting provides uniform heating, and at the same time saves energy. It is possible to buy a carpet and save time and money on repair and installation works.
Electric carpets contain heating infrared film heaters, which heat the carpet surface evenly.
It can be used in the living room, bedroom, kitchen, and even on the insulated balcony or loggia. Electric rugs are safe to use, not harmful to health. They do not dry the air and do not burn the oxygen.
Electric flooring provides uniform heating of the entire room
Electric mat provides uniform heating of the surface, provides the owners of the room with warmth during cold periods. In online stores you can order mats of different sizes. Such mats are safe to use.
Pluses and minuses of electric heating system
Considering the electric type of floor heating, it can be noted that it is found in the form of a cable that requires laying according to a specific scheme, or ready to install a heating mat.
Noted several of its advantages for such a finish coating as carpeting:
- Uniformity of heating promoting preservation of integrity of a covering;
- the possibility of regulating the optimum temperature for the carpet (≤ 30 ° C);
- easy installation.
Heating mat laying scheme
Among the disadvantages are the possibility of overheating zones in the areas under the furniture, negatively affecting the quality characteristics of the carpet.
Infrared underfloor heating under the carpet, why choose this option?
There is already a stereotype that all the heating elements of floor heating systems should be in a concrete or cement-sand screed, directly on which the final coating is laid.
However, not every owner is “burning desire” to lay a concrete screed on the finished screed floor or on the outdated finish coating and install heating elements in it, so all professionals are trying to find a suitable heating system option precisely for their requirements.
An option of modern heating system, the heating elements of which do not need to be filled with screed, is an infrared underfloor heating for carpet, laminate or linoleum. In addition, the installation of film flooring is very simple, and it has a small height that will not interfere with the opening of the door when installing it.
It should be remembered that the recommended thickness of the “pie” of water warm floors should not exceed 8 cm, and electric. 6 cm, but too thin a layer of screed can lead to its rapid destruction and failure of the entire heating system.
Infrared floor heating
Infrared flooring heats the room well
Infrared underfloor heating is the newest variant of modern heating system. The principle of operation of these coatings is that the heat is radiated by infrared rays, which heats not the air (it can be weathered), but the objects in the immediate vicinity of the flooring.
This coating is visually a carbon film, which is embedded thin plates of dielectric material, which are the heating elements of the system of infrared floor heating and connected by thin silver-plated conductors.
You should know that infrared film is a rolled material. Certain groups of plates are sectioned and have special outputs for connecting cables.
The film can be freely cut with conventional scissors and requires no special handling. The only thing you can not make. cuts not along the lines applied, otherwise the heating elements will not work.
Using infrared underfloor heating under carpeting
IR film does not overload the supporting base
Application of a warm floor under a carpet should be regulated by certain requirements, which are put forward not only by masters of the premises where installation will be made, but also by all professionals.
Indeed, there are a number of requirements, on the basis of which suitable options are determined:
It is recommended to lay under the carpeted flooring
Only one type of variety of floor heating can fully meet all requirements. it is an infrared film. It is the film is a homogeneous material, which under the load of human weight is not deformed.
This way you can be sure that a short circuit will not occur. Conductors are connected in parallel to the ends of the foil (terminal connection) and then lead out to the thermal controller.
Many experts recommend that you put a sheet of decking material on top of the foil, and only then lay the carpet. Keep in mind that when choosing a carpet for warm floors, you should pay great attention to its thickness.
Do not forget that the heat source is located under the finish carpet, respectively heated in the first place will be the carpet, and then the other items.
In order for the material not to delaminate and not to create unpleasant and harmful odors, you should choose products with a thickness of 8-12 mm or more.
Installing underfloor heating under the carpet
Underfloor heating has been used for quite a long time and has proven itself well. But often a water system is used, and for some rooms, where there will be a carpet or carpeting, this type of heating is not very suitable, so you need to use more modern materials.
It is an electric and infrared floor heating. Such a warm floor under the carpet is ideal, and it has many advantages compared to the water system.