The Unibox is a mounting box with accessories inside. Its size depends on the model, from 135 to 190 mm. But the width of 145 mm, and depth. 57 mm is the same in all devices.
The Oventrop Unibox underfloor heating kit includes:
The front side of the mounting box is equipped with a temperature regulator.
Oventrop has 18 models of uniboxes for underfloor heating. The most common mounting block. Unibox RTL-K. The device is recommended for regulating heating of small rooms, when there is no need to use a full-fledged mixing and distribution group. Connection to the floor heating is made under a cone. size ¾.
There are several modifications of this mounting unit:
The rod floor heating under the tile
Thin cardboard heating mat performs floor heating by means of rods connected by wire. The thickness of these rods is about 9 mm. The surface of the carbon fiber heating mats matches ceramic tiles perfectly. To lay it with your own hands over the carbon heating mats is simple enough. the mats are placed on a prepared concrete base, tile adhesive is applied to their surface, then the tiles themselves are installed.
Carbon mats are considered the most universal heating floor, which can be combined with any kind of finish, including PVC and ceramic tile. The design of carbon fiber mats is characterized by the parallel connection of the heating circuit, which makes it possible to divide the mat into any number of pieces.
MyHeat underfloor heating. carbon film installation
Carbon heating mats can selectively heat ceramic tiles. Carbon mats are able to recognize areas of the floor with different tile surface temperatures and, by adjusting to them, provide uniform heating of the entire surface.
Due to the high thermal conductivity of tiles, underfloor heating mats reduce the temperature in warm areas of the floor and increase the intensity of heating in colder areas. For laying the core heating under the tile, you need to choose a self-leveling screed solution.
Installing the carbon fiber floor heating
Choose a thermal insulation for the carbon fiber floor heating before you start the installation. Suitable insulation such as polystyrene foam, mineral wool or insulating mats. The thickness of the insulation layer is 1-1.5 cm.
- The dimensions of the total area on which the carbon mats will subsequently be laid are determined.
- A groove is drilled into the floor surface to install the temperature sensor in a corrugated pipe.
- Mats are placed on the floor and secured with glue or tape. Strips of heat reflective material are connected to each other.
- At the section where the carbon mat is cut, the wire is stripped of the insulation and sleeve is put on and crimped with the pliers.
- The power wires of the carbon mat are connected to the connection wires. This is how you install each electric underfloor heating strip.
- The temperature sensor must be placed in a corrugated tube, on which a plug will be installed. The device is laid along the heating rods of electric floors.
- Thermostat is mounted on the wall.
After completing the installation of carbon matting, you should start laying tiles with your own hands.
Important! When laying, remember that the minimum thickness of the tile adhesive layer must be at least 15 mm.
- Prepared adhesive composition is applied over the electric flooring in an area of 60×60 cm.
- Apply the adhesive to the tile surface with a toothed spatula.
- The tiles are carefully laid on the surface of the heating mat and pressed down. It is recommended to press gently on the middle of the product and control the evenness of the laying.
- The laying instructions indicate that the joints must be aligned using plastic spacers.
- After checking the evenness of the installation with a level or wooden lath, you need to remove crosses. It must be done in time, otherwise the adhesive will harden and make the alignment of the tiles without dismantling it will not be possible.
- Once the tile installation is finished and the adhesive base is dry, you should start grouting the joints. Grout paste completely close all the seams between the tiles, and the excess grout is removed after drying.
Important! Never turn on the underfloor heating system before the tiles have been installed. Complete drying of the adhesive occurs within 15-20 days.
The stages of installing a water floor on the polystyrene base
Boards of polystyrene have a basic thickness of 3 cm, when a thicker layer of insulation material is required for insulation of the subfloor, additional foam boards are used.
Before installing thermal insulation on the subfloor, it should be leveled and leveled out to remove unevenness and debris. The polystyrene base can be laid according to a special plan. For laying insulation plates of different types are used: with grooves, rotated, straight. The size of polystyrene boards is designed for a step of 15 cm, there are boards for a step of 30 cm. To attach the boards, they are equipped with a special lock.
Some types of boards have ledges, so you can make a more complex scheme of contours. But in order not to get confused during the laying of pipes, it is better to make a marker in advance.
Metal plates are laid on the insulation material and the pipes are installed in the grooves, following the plan. On top you can put a substrate, then the final coating: parquet or laminate. Other materials can also be used, but then you need to follow additional rules. So, before installing a warm floor under the tiles, first make a dry screed lay multilayer plywood, gypsum cardboard or chipboard sheets.
The manifold cabinet for heating has the following features:
- The use of overhead distribution design allows you to significantly reduce the number of pipes required to connect the floor heating; they do not need to be pulled from the heater, because the collector can be placed in the same room;
- In addition to installing the manifold, this cabinet can also serve for the water supply, it houses a means of metering water;
- closet mechanism delivers the most convenient access to the guiding system to make repairs and upgrades;
- and most importantly. safety, the key door will be able to protect the structure from children, and they, in turn, will not get burned.
In addition, a neatly painted door looks much more beautiful than a bunch of pipes, valves installed on the wall.
Unibox for underfloor heating: the device, types and principle of work, advantages of use, installation with their own hands
Underfloor heating is gaining popularity, and this is no accident, because they create comfort in the house, while not taking up useful space. This heating system uses devices that can limit the degree of heating of the coolant to no more than 55 degrees.
But these constructions take up a lot of space, and are designed for arrangement of underfloor heating in large rooms. For small (bath, bathroom) they are not designed, so for them it is recommended to install a simplified device. unibox.
From our article you will learn what is a unibox for underfloor heating, what its purpose is, how it works, and how to install it during the installation of hydropole in a residential house.
What is a unibox, why it is needed?
Unibox. is a valve designed to regulate the temperature level in the underfloor heating. This action is carried out by restricting the return flow of the coolant.
Traditionally, Unibox is used in two-pipe heating systems. However, it can also be used in one-pipe construction. It is recommended to install underfloor heating in areas with an area not exceeding 20 m2. Standard pipe diameters from 1.6 to 2.0, with a length of 200 mm.
On the basis of practical applications, there are a number of rules for the use of the unibox for underfloor heating to which special attention must be paid:
Unibox is also suitable for combined systems. panel and radiator.
This block is for those who came to our site for the first time. In the forum various questions arising at repair of household and industrial equipment are considered. All of the information provided can be broken down into a number of points:
- Fault detection
- Choice of repair method
- Search of spare parts
- Remove the defect
Note that some malfunctions are not the cause but the consequence of another malfunction, or a faulty setting. You will find detailed information in the corresponding sections.
All faults can be divided into two types according to their manifestation stable and recurrent. The most commonly considered are the following:
Most modern hardware is a kind of hardware-software complex. That is, the main processor controls other devices by the program, which may be in the processor chip itself or in separate memory chips.
On this site there are sections for downloading firmware dumps for chips or for updating firmware via USB.
- TV firmware (ordered)
- TV firmware requests
- Firmware for monitors
- Different firmware queries
- . and other sections
Beginners in repair often look for circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams, user and service instructions. These can be either individual boards (power supplies, main boards, panels) or complete Service Manuals. On the site they are placed in dedicated sections and are available for downloading for guests, or after creating an account:
On this site you can download reference books on electronic components (reference books, analogues table, SMD codes of components, etc.).).
The information is placed in directories, file archives, and separate topics, depending on the types of items.
Marking. Marking on electronic components
Modern component base seeks miniature size. There is not enough space on the housing for marking. Therefore, the manufacturers mark them with SMD codes.
Package Type of electronic component package
When creating requests for the precise name (part number) of a component, it is necessary to specify not only its marking, but also the type of enclosure. Most common:
- DIP (Dual In Package). case with double row arrangement of contacts for mounting into holes
- SOT-89 Plastic Package for Surface Mount
- SOT-23 miniature plastic housing for surface mounting
- TO-220 type package for soldering into holes
- SOP (SOIC, SO) Miniature Surface Mount Package (SMD)
- TSOP (Thin Small Outline Package). Slim package with reduced pin spacing
- BGA (Ball Grid Array) package for mounting pins on solder balls
It is customary to use abbreviations and acronyms on the forum when presenting information, e.g:
|LED||Light Emitting Diode Light Emitting Diode|
|MOSFET||Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor Field Effect Transistor|
|EEPROM||Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory|
|eMMC||Embedded Multimedia Memory Card|
|LCD||Liquid Crystal Display Liquid Crystal Display|
|SCL||Serial Clock I2C bus for clock signals|
|SDA||Serial Data I2C bus for data exchange|
|ICSP||In-Circuit Serial Programming Protocol|
|IIC, I2C||Inter-Integrated Circuit Two-wire chip-to-chip communication|
|PCB||Printed Circuit Board Printed Circuit Board|
|PWM||Pulse Width Modulation|
|SPI||Serial Peripheral Interface Protocol|
|USB||Universal Serial Bus|
|DMA||Direct Memory Access Module for reading and writing RAM without involving the processor|
|DC||Direct Current Direct Current|
|FM||Frequency Modulation Frequency Modulation (FM)|
|AFC||Automatic Frequency Control Automatic Frequency Control|
Frequently Asked Questions
After registering your account you will be able to post your question or reply in existing threads. Participation is absolutely free.
Reply to the topic Golden Media UNI-BOX 9060 CRCI HD PVR Class no menu, as well as all other tips are published by the entire community. Most participants are professional repairmen and electronics specialists.
After you sign up you will be able to search entire site and file archive. Site search form will appear at the top right corner.
By any. Most popular brands LG, Samsung, Philips, Toshiba, Sony, Panasonic, Xiaomi, Sharp, JVC, DEXP, TCL, Hisense, and many others, including Chinese models.
With active participation in the forum you will have access to additional files and sections that are not visible to guests schemes, firmware, manuals, repair methods and secrets, typical malfunctions, service information.
Here you can find useful links for crafters. Links are periodically updated, depending on the demand of topics.
What is a unibox and its applications
Unibox (valve) is a device designed to regulate the temperature of the floor heating circuits, by limiting the return temperature. It consists of a mounting box and built-in elements such as:
- Brass body. with two-way valve and thermostat;
- the “Maevsky’s” cock. with air vent, cap and valve thread for the connection of the collet fittings.
Unibox application area is designed for spaces of no more than. 20 sq. km.м., with use of the pipeline, diameter. 16 x 2,0, and length. 100 m. As practice has shown, when using a valve for underfloor heating, you need to adhere to the rules:
- The circuit should be laid in such a way that the supply and return heat carrier lies in the screed in the shape of a snail.
- The valve is designed for one circuit. But if there is a need to install two pipelines, they must be the same size and have the same point of connection, through a tee.
These requirements are due to the fact that the unibox is used in conjunction with devices of the water heating system in the same building. The main heat consumption is performed by the underfloor heating system, the heater. to regulate the microclimate in the room.
Features of operation
A wide range of unibox models have a single focus. All devices work on the same principle and are aimed at achieving several objectives
- the possibility of working on the circuit, which does not exceed 100 meters;
- The inlet temperature should not be higher than 70 degrees Celsius;
- installation at the end point of the pipeline;
- it is recommended to use a pipeline with a diameter of 16 millimeters.
For correct operation of the equipment it is necessary to control the pressure in the system. which must be kept at 10 bar. Allow for differences of not more than 1 bar.