Water warm.up insulation. how to choose and styling
In accordance with the technology of the installation of a warm floor, a heat insulator with a low level of thermal conductivity must be present in its “pie”. And the water structure is no exception.
Today, manufacturers offer a wide variety of thermal insulation substrates, and it is difficult for a person who is not versed in construction to choose a heater that meets all the requirements.
Whether or not thermal insulation is needed for a warm floor
Thermal insulation in the “pie” of the warm water floor plays a huge role, the correct functioning of the entire heating system depends on it. The screed, flooded over thermal insulation, turns into a large surface transmitting heat.
The main functions that the heat.insulating flooring should perform under a warm water floor:
- It is especially important to distribute thermal flows through the heated room, it is especially important when laying a water structure, since the configuration of this system is straight and curved pipes, so the heat is not distributed evenly;
- prevent the outflow of warm air through the floors, it serves as a reflective screen, which also makes it possible to save thermal resource;
- act as sound insulation;
- prevent moisture and cold from below. when arranging a structure over an unheated room or on the ground;
- prevent the possibility of forming moldy and fungal raids.
In addition, using foaming polystyrene mats with bosses as isolation under a warm water floor, you greatly simplify the installation and fixation of the pipes.
Note! If the heat.insulating layer is correctly selected and laid, then the “pie” of the floor turns into a closed thermal device, where thermal radiation is distributed evenly, and in the right direction.
How to make a water warm floor
To begin with, there are two water heating systems of the floor:
Traditional. The pipes are poured with concrete. Here it is better to immediately determine the required thickness of the screed. The minimum layer above the 3 cm pipe diameter of the pipe itself (at least 18 mm). So minimum. 5 cm. This is the screed itself, in which the pipes laid, and we also need insulation. Its thickness depends on the selected material and region. For polystyrene foam-7-15 cm, for mineral wool two, two and a half times more. So the total thickness is solid.
The lack of the second option is significant. low efficiency. Although metal plates are laid, they convey heat worse than the screed. Therefore, if possible, they try to make a warm floor with a water heating in a screed. Yes, it is longer and more complicated, but more effective.
radiant floor heat small hot water tank
How a water warm floor is made on a concrete base
We will proceed from the fact that there is a concrete plate of the base, its strength is sufficient for further use. Further, the sequence of layers will be this:
- A layer of hydraulic insulation is laid on a concrete plate. Please note that the material should not pass moisture in either liquid or gaseous state. This is especially important for floors on soil. In such a pie, the possibility of capillary penetration of moisture through concrete of the base is not excluded. This type of moisture is cut off using vapor barrier. The material is laid on a concrete slab with a wall. The height of the rise to the wall is not lower than the waterproofing of the foundation (should be slightly higher). There we fix it on the wall and leave it.
- Thermal insulation. The best option is polystyrene foam. Yes, it is expensive, but it has already been verified how it behaves in a screed. Better than everyone else. The thickness depends on the region. It is better to take with a margin so as not to warm the earth. When laying, you need to join the slabs and glue them thoroughly. It will be necessary to walk on them, and even to wear far from the lightest materials.
- If the base is insulated above the floor level, the damping tape is laid. It serves both for thermal insulation and to preserve the deformation seam.
- If the base is not insulated at all or the level of insulation below the level of the warm floor, we put polystyrene foam with a thickness of 15 mm around the perimeter. The thickness, again, depends on the region, on the thickness and material of the walls. The insulation is cut into stripes of the desired width. Width. above the level of screed and finish flooring.
Following this technology, you can make a warm floor with your own hands correctly. There may be nuances, but the overall sequence of work is such.
Materials for waterproofing
How the warm floor with a water heating is arranged, we know, a little more specifically according to the materials. As already said, a layer of isolation on a concrete slab should cut off vapors and liquid moisture. The simplest and cheapest material is a polyethylene film with a density of 150 g/m², but laid in two layers. It is better to take more durable materials. The film is torn, even if you work carefully. And the torn hydro-paralo isolation is the same as no. So it is better to fuse roofing material, but with well.plucked seams. Any other material with suitable properties is possible. At least mastic, at least other coating products, but with mandatory steamability.
A few words about the second layer of waterproofing. This is the one on top of the insulation. If the insulation is mineral wool, this layer is required. Mineral cotton wool is afraid of moisture, so that it must be protected in every possible way from its hit. On polystyrene slabs, this layer is completely optional. they themselves do not carry out moisture. This layer is placed only so that the solution does not flow into the joints of the plates. But usually the insulation slabs are made either with a spike connection or in a quarter. That is, there are no continuous seams. But, of course, the solution that has stuck between the insulation is the bridge of the cold. Heat can go through it. Therefore, some are insured. put the film. The same effect gives gluing joints with tape. What is easier, then choose. It is important that the warm floor is really warm.
Sometimes as this layer is advised to use foil materials. These are those that on one side of a brilliant surface. Motivate this by the fact that the shiny layer will reduce heat loss due to reflected thermal waves. This effect is present, but only on condition that to the reflecting surface of at least 3 cm of the air gap. Then the reflection works. There is no gap in the screed, so putting this expensive material does not make sense.
Reinforcement of the screed of a warm water floor
When they make a warm floor in a house or apartment, use a reinforcing welded construction grid. Not any, namely construction. It is also called the pantry. It differs in that each joint is welded. Sold in pieces (maps) or rolls. Pieces are laid with an overlap of at least 10-15 cm. At the joints of the card/pieces of the reinforcing mesh are binded. For binding, you can use knitting wire or plastic ties. They can be bought at any construction store. Pulling the screed, cut the long tail, leave 2-3 cm.
The reinforcing mesh is also needed in order to fix the pipes
For private houses and apartments, the optimal cell size is 100100 mm from a bar 3 mm. If the base is flooded on lags, the probability of deflection is higher. This means that reinforcement should be more powerful. In this case, it is necessary to either take the wire thicker-4-5 mm, or less a step of a grid-5050 mm.
Another reinforcement of the screed of the warm floor is knitted from a steel rod-3-4 mm. We need precisely a reinforcing bar. with corrugation, not smooth. Finding such a small diameter is very difficult. Knit a bar with a step of 100-150 mm. With a large thickness of the screed, two layers of reinforcement are made.
What is the warm floor
Pour a warm floor with either a cement-sand mortar, or concrete with fine crushed stone (5-20 mm faction). The strength is chosen depending on the next layer:
The principle of choice of strength is simple: the difference in strength should not be higher than 50 units. That is, under the aligning screed, the strength of the M200 can be the base with a strength from M150 to M250. Very high strength is an overrun of the funds, so they usually take either the same or a little lower.
How to make an electric warm floor
The warm floor from electricity has more options. There are four types of heating elements:
All warming elements are more economical when used with a thermostat and floor temperature sensors. They can be included directly, but heating costs will be significantly higher than the cost of additional equipment. We do not recommend using it without a thermostat. too large accounts will be.
Laying electric warm floor: options
Electric heating of the floor can be made using various heating elements. It can be a warming cable, a mat from a cable and a film with stripes of carbon paste. All this is an electric warm floor. But the methods of its installation are different. And quite strong. In this regard, the best option for each flooring is its own. And laying an electric warm floor will differ every time.
The technology of laying the warm floor of each heater has its own
But there is a common one for each electric warm floor. This is a thermostat and temperature sensor. These two components allow you to maintain a constant floor temperature under the feet. Is it possible to do without them? Yes. But you will have to control the heating “manually” and also turn on and turn off the heating with handles.
DIY hot water floor heating
In addition to the fact that this is not economical and inconvenient (you cannot maintain heating at the same level), it also threatens the quick failure of the system. All electric heaters do not tolerate prolonged temperature excess above a certain value. Everyone knows this. And sooner or later turn off the heating will forget and the warm floor will burn out. So the presence of a thermostat and temperature sensor, we can say, be sure to. Let this and additional costs at the installation stage. But saving during operation.
Cable warm floor, like a waterplane, is laid in a screed. And in the same way, you need to choose a styling scheme. The difference is that the temperature of the heating cable is the same throughout. In this regard, they usually do not wise and put a snake. To better heat the outer walls, the step of laying an electric warm floor at the cold walls is done less.
Determine the length of the cable and stacking step
The step of laying the heating cable is determined based on how many meters should be laid in the room. And it depends on the required heating power and thermal power of one meter of cable.
For example, from a warm floor you need to get 3500 W. One meter can give from 5 watts to 150 watts. Let an inexpensive heating cable for a warm floor are chosen and it gives 45 W/m. To get 3500 W, we need (3500W / m / 45 W = 77.7777 m) about 78 meters.
The step of laying an electric warm floor from a heating cable is determined by its thermal power and the required amount of heat
We round. you need to lay 80 meters of cable. Further based on the size of the room, we develop a laying scheme, calculating the step. It does not have to be the same. For example, along the outer walls or windows to the floor can be laid more often, along the rest of the area with a large distance between the turns. But there can be no distance too wide. the thermal “strip” will clearly be felt. Therefore, the pitch of laying the cable under the tile is usually made 10-15 cm, and the cable power is selected as necessary.
radiant floor heat small hot water tank
One advice: it is better to take some power supply (and in length). Then the cable, even in the cold, will not work at the limit of power, and this will positively affect the service life.
Features of installation
When using a resistive cable, it must be remembered that it should not overheat. That is, under large furniture or interior items, it is not laid. The self.regulating cable in this regard is more reliable. it itself lowers its temperature when the threshold value is exceeded. But in operation, the resistive. The self.regulatory matrix more often fails.
We have a heating cable only where the furniture is not worth it and the carpets do not lie
The heating cable during laying is also tied to the grid, after which it is poured with concrete or cement-sand mortar. The flooded warm floor leaves to “ripen”. The minimum period. 24 days. You can not wait for a complete set of strength for laying tiles. This type of flooring of high humidity is not afraid, so you can start laying a tile or porcelain tile after about two weeks. During this time, the screed will gain about 70% of the strength. All others require a dry base and excerpt until “complete drying” is necessary.
Advantages and disadvantages
Disadvantages of the heating of the floor with a heating cable. high expenses during operation, large mass and a long time of installation. High expenses are a total minus of electric heating. But in the case of a cable warm floor, you still need to take into account its larger mass. At the beginning of the season, while concrete warms up, the costs will be high. Therefore, it makes sense to use cable warm floor only in houses of permanent residence. Otherwise, you will have to warm the whole mass every time again. And while the concrete warms up, it will be cold.
The mass is slightly less than that of a water warm floor. But she is still considerable. And should be taken into account when laying the foundation and calculating the ceilings. If such a load was not provided, before starting work it is required to calculate whether the foundation and overlap such an increase in the load will withstand.
If Your House Floods this is what will Happen to your Floor!
The technology of laying the warm floor from the cable provides for its laying in the screed
With a long installation time, too, everything is clear. it takes time to purchase the cement of the desired strength. This must be taken into account when developing a plan and terms of work.
Advantages of cable warm floor: quite reliable, does not depend on the presence of heating (but depends on the availability of electricity). In general, this method of heating the floor is used for soft flooring, such as linoleum and carpet. Under the tiles and laminate there are other warming floor elements that are mounted much faster.
Cable mats. ideal for tiles
A cable mat is the same heating cable that is attached to a polymer grid in the form of a snake. It can also be put in a screed. Winnings. in the speed of installation, loss. in price. The price has the price of the grid and the installation of the cable on it. The advantages and disadvantages are the same as the usual heating cable.
Laminate as a coating for a warm floor
Put on the floor with heated a regular laminate definitely not worth. The point is not only that he will be poorly warm. The point is that it is not designed for operation at elevated temperature. What will stand out there. no one will tell you. In this mode (at temperature) it simply did not test. And since the material is clearly not natural, something will stand out. And how the films/paints to heating will react is also unknown. There were cases when the laminate on the dark floor was dark. And the joints diverge, begin to creak.
Laminate as a coating for a warm floor is quite popular
So a special laminate for a warm floor does not just have a price much higher. Firstly, its base is multi-layer and layers have different directions. This is necessary so that the dimensions when changes in temperature and humidity change as little as possible. And materials apply those that do not respond to temperature fever. Do not darken, do not fade, do not smell, expand at a minimum and compress. And the locks have developed more reliable, which do not diverge when heated. So, although there are no differences outwardly, in fact they are also quite significant.
And another moment: a laminate as a finish coating of a warm floor requires a special substrate. The usual aligns microneries and performs the task of soundproofing. And if the cork is used, so thermal insulation also improves slightly. And the substrate for the laminate for a warm floor, on the contrary, has good (better than all others) properties in thermal conductivity. So she is not the same as for an ordinary laminate.
Advantages and disadvantages
If we talk about heating floors in rooms, then the choice is completely small. This is a laminate, wood and an engineering board. You can also add quartz-vinyl, but it is from the category of “hard” coatings. Of all these materials, laminate and quartz-vinyl are easier. over, only the laminate can be disassembled and folded again during operation. All other coatings are glued or nailed and dismantled problematic. The second plus laminate is a lower cost. Even though the laminate for the warm floor, compared to ordinary, is much more expensive.
If the laminate is laid on a warm floor, it will conduct heat, but not as good as tiles or even wood
And the disadvantage is not too high thermal conductivity. This indicator is lower than that of wood and linoleum. And also the presence of a substrate. So if we talk about the efficiency of heating, then the laminate as a coating for a warm floor is not the best choice.
Quartzvinyl tile (art vinyl or flexible laminate)
Quartz-vinyl tile consists of quartz sand (60-80%), vinyl and dyes. There are two varieties. for laying the floating floor (with locks), for installation on glue. The second option is better for a warm floor, since there will definitely not be air bubbles under the coating. And as you know, air is an excellent heat insulator. We need to conduct heat as well as effectively as possible. So as a coating for a warm floor, it is better to use adhesive quartzvinyl tiles.
This material appeared not so long ago. Combines the advantages of laminate and linoleum. It also easily fits like a laminate, as practical as linoleum. As for the appearance, in most cases, parquet and different types of wood are imitated. But there is an imitation of stone, tiles, etc.D. That is, it can be laid in technical premises, and in residential. How is he “to the touch”? It looks more like a thin linoleum, but there is no sensation of “stickiness”, which is sometimes present in glossy PVC coatings.
Quartz tiles for a warm floor. a good option
As a floor covering for a warm water or electric floor, has an average efficiency. Indicators are close to wood. R = 0.25 W/MK. Compared to laminate (1-1.5 W/MK), the indicator is better. But this coefficient characterizes thermal insulation properties. If we talk about the ability to transmit/pass heat, then it is again close to wood. And specifically. to the characteristics of the ash.
Disadvantages. price (expensive), the presence of a chemical component (vinyl) and lack of experience in long.term operation as a floor covering for a warm floor. I mean, quartzvinyl tiles were laid on the warm floor, but how long it will serve. so far it is unclear. Not so much time has passed.
With what type of heating is compatible
You can lay quartz-vinyl on a water warm floor or electric heaters in the screed. There are no nuances except that the base should be even. Permissible differences-1-2 mm per 2 meters, provided that there are no sharp drops in height.
Art vinyl or quartzvinyl, flexible laminate-all these are the names of one coating
This type of flooring, like a laminate, can be placed on a film warm floor. Just on top, without screed or additional layer. But here is such a moment: the coating is soft and redistribute the load as a laminate cannot. That is, there is a probability of pouring the coating and film under the legs of heavy furniture. After all, even a thin but soft substrate is laid under the film.
Water Water Water structure
The warm floor consists of the following elements:
- Embanking plate (reinforced concrete)
- Waterproofing, since the slightest moisture below seriously worsens the thermal insulation properties of any insulation material
- Insulation (its task is to minimize thermal losses down and create the maximum heat stream up, t.e. into the room, which we try to heed by our water floor system)
- The pipe of the warm floor, from which the heat stream comes in all directions
The minimum screed thickness is 65 millimeters and the minimum distance from the upper edge of the pipe to the edge of the screed is 45 millimeters. Be sure to put a damper tape around the perimeter of the room to minimize thermal losses through the walls and compensation for expansion of the concrete screed. Since there is no rigid connection between the concrete screed and the wall, the screed breathes. Accordingly, it should be separated from the wall using a damping tape.
Our task is to direct warmth up into the heated room and prevent it from going down to the basement, on the street. For this, we are offered to install a underwear substrate.
Varieties of insulation materials
To prevent heat loss, the following types of insulation are used:
Polistyle stoves with bosses
It happens with a coating and without covering. A plate without a coating easily loses the bosses during installation and installation of a warm pipe. Coating slabs allows you to move along it with caution, without losing bobes. But the pipe of the warm floor between them is not fixed, t.e. For additional fastening it, it is necessary to use anchor brackets. Average for 1 square meter.
Polystyrene foam plates with plastic coating beans
The thickness of such a slab is 2 cm, the coating is made of plastic, which allows you to go well along the stove, the bosses do not get down. The pipe is firmly fixed between the bosses, does not jump out, whether it be metal.plastic or stitched polyethylene. Additional elements for fixation are not required. Average for 1 square meter.
Polistyal smooth plates
Smaller density, thickness from 2 to 10 cm, per 1 square meter.
Stead for a warm floor with markings
Foilizol, isolin and substrates under the warm floor are not a heater! Their thickness is 3-4 millimeters, foamed polyethylene. The only function is to increase convenience when laying out smooth plates.
Laying technology: a set of basic rules
The installation of the substrate is not of any complexity, the work can be done independently. The main thing is to follow a simple and understandable rules.
The laying procedure depends on the form of execution of the liner: roll insulation, individual modules or puzzle slabs fixed with each other with a lock connection
- Accurate calculation. It is necessary to determine the amount of material in advance, taking into account the sizes of the lining. Optimal if the isolation is placed with a minimum number of joints.
- Preparation of the draft floor. The basis should be even. You should not particularly count on the ability of dense material to mask irregularities. any product will take the form of the foundation over time.
- Waterproofing. Graduations made of natural components (cork substrate, wood-bruise, OSP) require preliminary laying of the hydraulic tank. It is enough to lay dense polyethylene.
- Laying. Rolling, leaf material is rolled out without stretching, an overlap on the walls is required. The placement placement occurs close to vertical surfaces protected by 10 cm dumpfer tape.
- Docking. Rolled insulation canvases are cooked and fixed with each other by building adhesive tape. Plates and mats are grouped in the same.
When arranging a warm floor under the laminate, it is necessary to take into account the orientation of the panels. they are placed with a rolled substrate mutually perpendicular.
Conclusions and useful videos
When choosing a substrate, it is better to give preference to goods of well.known brands. Among popular brands, both domestic and foreign companies have proven themselves well.
A warm flooring device using extruded polystyrene “Penoplyx”:
Placement of a substrate of polyethylene foam “ison-500” to a floating warm floor:
General recommendations for the choice of insulation for laying a water circuit:
The value of the insulation substrate for the warm floor is difficult to overestimate. From its quality, as well as compliance with the flooring and the technology of placing a “water coil”, largely depends on the effectiveness and profitability of the heating system.
Look for a substrate under a water warm floor? Or there is an experience of installing and using a certain type of thermal insulation litter? Please leave Комментарии и мнения владельцев on the article, ask questions and participate in discussions. The form for communication is located below.
Types of substrates
As a substrate, you can use various products that meet the above requirements.
Foam polystyrene slabs
Polystyrene foam plates for warm floor (we offer to familiarize yourself with this coating in more detail). a universal product, as it has a low degree of thermal conductivity among other models. Method of manufacture. foaming polystyrene.
The finished product is air that is placed in hermetic cells, and this allows the heat to hold. A sheet 10 cm thick for heat production is 0.35 m, a reinforced concrete base. 4.8 m, a brick wall. 1.5 m.
The foam leaf consists of components such as:
- Thermal conductivity is 0.028-0.034 W/MK, the indicator changes from the density of the product;
- Water resistance-0.019-0.015 mg/MCPA;
- Moisture absorption. 0.4 %, it is 10 times less than that of standard foam;
- strength-with deformation of 10% is 0.25-0.50 MPa.
Despite all the positive aspects, polystyrene has disadvantages:
The foam of a non.pressed type or autoclave is not suitable as a thermal insulation layer, since these varieties are more fragile.
Foam polystyrene sheets are produced by several types:
- Polystyrene plates with bobbins without covering. their minus is that when installing the heating device, the bosses easily break off. On average, the price of the sheet is 600 per square meter. meter.
- Polystyrene plates with bosses and with a plastic coating. the thickness of the product 2 cm. The coating protects the bosses, the average price of a sheet with a coating is 680 per square meter. meter. The bosses tightly fix pipes from any material: metal.plastic or polyethylene, so there is no need for additional fasteners.
- Polystyrene smooth substrates. have a lower density, thickness from 2 to 10 cm. Costs a stove of 2 cm about 100. The slabs do not fix the pipes, for this you will need to install anchor brackets.
For the manufacture of cork gaskets, wood bark is used, which is previously chopped and compressed. The main plus is that natural and environmental raw materials are used for its production. Therefore, products are safe for health and not allergen.
In addition, the cork has positive aspects:
- resistance to deformation. after mechanical exposure to it, it takes the original form;
- High sound insulation. this is provided by a porous structure;
- good degree of thermal insulation;
- Simplicity in cutting and laying.
The product is sold in rolls or in the form of sheets. The difference between the substrate roll and leaf in thickness: in rolls. from 2 to 4 mm, in mats. from 4 to 10 mm.
The cork, like any raw material element, has disadvantages:
It is not recommended to use a standard cork substrate for a water warm floor. It is better to install a cork with a rubber layer, where rubber is a binder.
Polyethylene lining is the most affordable option. The production process is to push the molten material through a cellular shape, which then undergoes heat treatment and press. An elastic canvas with air pores comes out.
Polyethylene substrates are produced two types:
But this model has more disadvantages: fragility, the speed of wear, density only 25 kg/cube.m, bends under weight and loses flexibility. In addition, thermal conductivity is 0.55 W/(m ° C), and this suggests that the material does not keep heat well.
- Stitched polyethylene plate foams. have a dense structure, since the technology contributes to the formation of transverse connections that reduce the size of air cells.
- high strength;
- increased density. 33 kg/cube.m;
- The degree of soundproofing reaches up to 18 dB;
- heat.conductivity coefficient 0.031 W/(m ° C);
- Two types are produced: rolls and mats, the thickness of which is from 1 to 20 mm;
- service life up to 15 years.
A foil surface substrate is widely used. A huge plus that its basis can be: tile polystyrene foam, polystyrene, foam, polyuretic or cork. The use of metallized film leads to a significant improvement in the characteristics of the basis.
The reflective external coating is a film of aluminum or lavsan. It increases the efficiency of the water system to 98%, and affects the uniform distribution of heat. The degree of heat generation depends on the size of the foil layer. The important property of this material is that it is not subject to deformations and withstands heavy loads.
It is worth noting a special property of Lavsan. it has the ability to preserve the reflective qualities and functions of retaining moisture, even with prolonged contact with a concrete screed.
Wood and scraping materials (OSP and woody stove)
The base of the wood-type is used when installing warm floors according to the Finnish methodology. This option makes it possible not to fill the concrete screed.
Features of the choice of substrate
You need to choose the substrate thoroughly, since not only the work of the warm floor depends on it, but also the atmosphere in your house. Therefore, when buying insulation, professionals advise paying attention to the following moments and make a choice based on the following parameters below.
By the type of warm floor
It is necessary that the substrate meets the requirements that are laid down by manufacturers of the heating system:
- Water floor. for this design, a foil substrate with a reflective coating is used. This mat is inexpensive, and is perfect if you want to save living space, but the view is not recommended for basement floors. It is better to take film models for water floors, although they are more expensive, they are equipped with increased heat. An excellent solution for a water structure is a substrate of extruded foam with bosses, it has high quality and ease of installation, as the pipes are laid in the grooves. The choice of roll cork material or foamed polystyrene will also be a good option.
- Electric floor. foil roll or tile insulation is suitable. The presence of an aluminum reflective layer is not recommended, it is better if it is a vacuum spraying. If the height allows a thicker pie, then it is worth putting polystyrene foam with a foil layer 2. 3 cm thick. When limiting in height, foamed polyethylene 2. 3 mm can be used as thermal insulation.
For the infrared floor model, you can select sheets of a wood-cutting plate or magnesite plates, but you will first need to lay a foil film.
By type of flooring
The smaller the weight of the flooring, the permissible to use the substrate with lower strength.
When installing the laminate, a foamed polymer can be used, and when using ceramic tiles, the styling of which will be carried out on a concrete screed, you need a substrate of extruded material, which has increased strength.
Linoleum requires only a firm base or additional thin concrete screed.
By type of base
Almost any type of substrate, possibly, lay both on concrete black bases and wooden.
The only feature of installation on a wooden floor is an increased level of waterproofing and fire resistance.
Linoleum on the insulated floor
What coating on the warm water floor can still be used? One option is linoleum. It has long been used for flooring, and, despite the large selection of new materials, linoleum is unchanged. Therefore, when you want to save and make a water warm floor in the room, what to cover the question should not bother: of course, linoleum. But it is important to consider some nuances of this material when arranging a water heating system.
The plus of linoleum is its price availability, but in relation to this case, not every type of material is suitable, but only the one on which it is a sign that it is for styling on a warm floor.
- If it is subjected to prolonged overheating, then it can cause significant harm to the health that are distinguished by harmful substances. You can use either in non.residential premises, or its most harmless shape: a marmoleum, which is both environmentally friendly and natural material, but it should not exceed 26 degrees.
- When laying linoleum on the floor with heating, it will be necessary to invest in an automatic thermostat.
When choosing this material, the species should be avoided with a foamed basis, since they practically do not miss heat.
Ustylane from the cork
What can be laid on a warm water floor is a cork is the most natural and environmentally friendly material of all.
He also has his pros and cons:
- The cork is considered warm even without heating, but in combination with the floor heating system is recognized as one of the best. This is due to the fact that after disconnecting the heater, it continues to maintain heat for an hour, or even longer (compared, the tile cools after 10 minutes).
- The traffic jam is pleasant in contact even in the summer of the year.
- Its minus is prolonged heating and temperature limit up to 28 degrees.
Otherwise, this is an excellent coating, provided that it has a special icon that allows you to lay it on warm floors.
What can be laid on a warm water floor? All that is described above.