How much air humidifier should work in the room
The quality of the air in the room affects the general well.Being and tone of the person. The level of air is of particular significance, since it is this indicator that can negatively or positively affect the condition of the residents of the house.
To completely restore the balance in the body, there may not be enough fluids. Nature took care of everything, so the body can take the missing moisture from the air.
For these purposes, special devices were invented. When purchasing them, you need to know not only how to choose the right, but also how much the air humidifier should work in the room.
Where the air humidifier should be in the room
Before we consider the main types of moisturizers, I draw your attention to the fact that each variety requires proper placement and is selected in accordance with the general square of the room in which the evaporator will be located.
The area for moisturizing in domestic conditions, usually varies from 20 to 50 square meters.M. In order to avoid oversaturation of air with moisture, as well as exclude a low percentage of moisturizing, you need to choose the right volume of the humidifier tank. This is from 500ml. Up to 9 l.
It is easy to decide. It is enough to know the quadrature of the room where you plan to put a humidifier and the desired functionality. Trading representatives mark the devices, indicating the litting and the recommended area for spraying moisture, as well as the additional features of the evaporator.
Install ideal air humidifier without leaks
Most manufacturers of household humidifiers focus on the fact that the device is installed correctly. In the center of the room. Necessarily away from furniture, walls, plants. So that the sprayed moisture does not fall on the premises, since being under constant exposure to moisture, this will damage the surfaces and adversely affect the home flora.
You need to place on a stable surface, at a minimum of at least 50 cm. From the floor. The exception is the mini-version of the desktop type.
Otherwise, where it is better to put a humidifier depends on you:
- Have in the most comfortable place where the minimum chance to hurt and overturn the evaporator;
- In the heating season, shift the moisturizing center towards the heating device for a more efficient evaporation of moisture and its spread through the room of hot air;
- Away from children of animals, plants, household appliances and electronics;
- Do not move the evaporator from place to place filled and connected to the network;
- Rinse the tank daily and change water to avoid the formation of pathogens of mold and bacteria.
If you choose the bedside zone, do not forget to make sure that evaporation does not fall on bedding. Otherwise, under the influence of condensate on bedding, “burnt” spots or white “flakes” in the form of a plaque will remain.
On the floor
It would seem that Paul is the most universal place where you can put a humidifier. However, only special floor models are suitable for such placement. This restriction is associated with the features of the design and the supply of steam.
Usually moisturizers recommend putting at an altitude of 50 cm from the floor, and even better. From one meter. So the steam will be distributed in the air more evenly, and moisture will not settle on the flooring.
Where you do not need to install moisturizers?
In any residential building, apartment, cottage there are places where moisturizers do not need to install. These are toilets, bathrooms, dressing rooms, closed niches and pantries. In the toilet and bathrooms, in view of their purpose, high humidity is already present. And in the premises used to store things, clothing and products that do not require freezing, exceeding humidity contributes to the appearance of mold.
Where to put the devices in the room so that they are safe and benefit the maximum, explain the following rules:
- You need to put devices exactly on a solid surface, without the slightest inclination.
- Set the UV in a room at an altitude of 50-100 cm. From the floor. This position most evenly moisturizes the air.
- From the walls of the room and other vertical surfaces, the device must be put at a distance of more than 30 cm. This will prevent moisture on the walls and furniture.
- The direction of the steam jet should be away from the equipment, books and furniture.
- Air humidifier must be placed from heating systems at a distance of at least 30 cm.
- Install the device in the room outside the field of vision of children and animals.
- Do not put the device in the middle of the room, there is a risk of it.
- Do not put close to the bed.
Wherever you put UV, it must correspond to security in relation to residents. Based on the characteristics of these devices, the buyer can choose where and which UV is better to install. Well.Chosen place for the device. The key to his long successful work, and customers are comfortable, healthy climate.
What is the useful humidifier in the apartment
Reducing humidity can initially go unnoticed, but this does not mean that it is safe for a person. At least six factors appear that adversely affect living organisms. And the humidifier helps to avoid them.
- The dryness of the mucous membranes disappears. They are conceived by nature as a protective barrier delaying bacteria and viruses. To perform their functions, the mucous membranes must be moistened. Otherwise they become thinner and even crack. This is especially dangerous for the nose and eyes, which in this state become “open gates” for infections.
- Eye problems are warned. The skin around them is very thin, devoid of sebaceous and sweat glands. Therefore, this area requires special care. She easily gives moisture, thinks. Dehydrated skin of the eyelids and mucous eyes in conditions of constant tension from working at the computer, watching TV, t.P. Easily inflamed. Various conjunctivitis appear.
- The amount of flying dust is reduced. Polvo particles are very light, they are able to rise up. In addition, they easily absorb water from air masses, become heavy, settled on the surface. If there is little moisture, they continue to fly. This provokes asthma or bronchospasm attacks in allergy sufferers and asthmatics, as well as in those who have yet felt healthy.
- The condition of the hair, skin, nails improves. Moisture constantly evaporates from the surface of the hair. Dry air significantly accelerates this process. Replenishment of balance due to internal resources does not give the desired result.
- Snow problems are eliminated. Uncomfortable conditions affect the duration and fortress of sleep. Lack of sleep leads to a decrease in performance, depression. It is best that a moisturizing unit is in the bedroom complete with an ionizer. The latter generates negatively loaded particles that effectively hold water molecules.
- Plants begin to develop better. Home flowers cease to bloom, the number of new shoots decreases, the appearing leaves are smaller in size, their tips dry. Plants get sick, die. The amount of oxygen they produce significantly decreases, which negatively affects the microclimate of the room.
Now it’s clear why a humidifier is needed. An increase in water vapor in the air mixture improves the situation with all described factors. In addition, the risk of exacerbation of chronic diseases is reduced, the general condition improves.
Choosing a place for a humidifier of air
The installation of an air humidifier in the apartment becomes a necessity with the onset of the heating season. The reason for the popularity of such climate technology is the excessive dry air of the rooms. Its consequence becomes overdrying the mucous membranes, which is why a cough appears, nasal breathing worsens, sleep is disturbed, especially in children.
The location of the humidifier is advisable in places of maximum concentration of radiators, which cause a decrease in humidity.
Pediatricians claim that to put an air humidifier in the room, which is intended for a newborn, is an urgent need.
To correctly install the device, take into account a number of points:
- Ultrasonic models are preferred for the nursery. Steam equipment can cause a burn, especially in the younger fidget.
- The electrical appliance is placed in a place where the child’s access is limited. If it is a cabinet, it is better to stop the choice on models against overturning and a remote control.
The option of turning on the moisturizer for the absence of children in the room is possible. Then a special place does not need. A sufficiently stable stool in the center of the room.
In a teenager’s room, it is better to put equipment away from the desktop so as not to damage books, notebooks, computer equipment. Suitable zone. The center of the room.
Proper operation of climate technology is possible only if it is placed on a stable flat surface. A bedside table or a compact table with a height of 50 to 100 cm. If you put the device below, you can ruin the furniture due to insufficient dispersion of the steam and the puddles appearing around the humidifier.
In the bedroom and children’s humidifier often works at night. Therefore, when choosing, attention is drawn to the presence of a night regime. Its feature is a low noise level.
Kitchen and bathroom
This room, along with a bathroom, the hallway. The only room where the installation of moisturizing equipment does not make sense. Constant contact with water, evaporation help maintain optimal indicators. On the contrary, if the rooms are poorly ventilated, the walls begin to dive. Therefore, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, attention is paid to competently organized ventilation.
An exception is a spacious kitchen with an area of more than 20 squares or its unification with the room of the studio apartment. With this layout, climate technique moisturizing air is placed on the side, which does not contact with the stove and sink.
Humidifier Buying Guide (Interactive Video) | Consumer Reports
For a bathroom, it is acceptable to choose decorative ultrasonic devices with the function of aromatherapy. Equipment is included only for the duration of water procedures.
When planning to put an air humidifier in a room that combines the dining room, guest, relaxation zone, take into account the nuances of the location of the furniture. When the moisturizer is operating, a steam jet should be directed to free space. Contact with the walls, furniture (solid surfaces over time are covered with persistent plaque). The optimal distance to interior items is 30 cm.
With an abundance in the living room of indoor flowers, the device is located near the green zone. Plants love irrigation and moisture, so their neighborhood with steam units is allowed. The main thing is to ensure good ventilation of the room so that the wet air does not stagnate.
Criteria for choosing a place for installation
The choice of place largely depends on the type of humidifier. Technical characteristics and characteristics of the model itself. For example, a bulky floor unit cannot be placed on shelves or tables, and a compact decorative device is unlikely to cope with air moisturizing in the lobby or living room, wherever it is put.
To begin with, let’s look at what qualities of a humidifier must pay attention to when buying it, so as not to suddenly encounter unpleasant “surprises”. Each of the listed properties one way or another affects the choice of the installation site, temporary or permanent.
Given the characteristics, they decide where it is better to put a home humidifier of air: in a spacious living room or in a small office, on the floor or table, in the corner or in the center of the room, on a bedside table or away from resting places.
It’s easier if you do not purchase a device for installation in one permanent place. Then you can definitely choose the device in your parameters. Often “moving” from place to place, the device should be universal, with adjustable parameters and the ability to install on any surface.
With the best humidifiers for home and apartments who have received recognition and positive reviews of the owners.
Where is it better to put a humidifier
This household appliances are bought for a specific purpose. To make air moist, for this in each room it is better to put it in a certain place. To determine where the air humidifier should stand, based on the degree of its usefulness.
Option 1. Kitchen window sill
In a small kitchen, a moisturizer is not needed, since it already in it is higher than in residential premises due to the use of water for cooking and washing dishes.
Excessive moisture is not useful for materials on the walls, floor, furniture, and negatively affects people’s health. An exception can be made if seedlings are growing on the windowsill and it needs to be careful. Then it can be placed near plants.
If the area of the kitchen exceeds 20 m², then moisture can already be relevant. In this case, the question of where to put the air humidifier is solved simply. Near the wall located opposite the stove and washing.
Option 2. Bedroom or children’s room
If in rooms with sufficient humidity the device is put if desired, then it is necessary in the bedroom, because while a person is sleeping, he must breathe air with normal humidity in order to sleep well and relax. It is recommended to keep the humidifier in the children’s room, since for children, like for adults, the level of humidity is important for health.
Where to put the air humidifier in the bedroom: choosing a place is not too close near the bed, not to put where it can be accidentally overturned in the dark.
A children’s humidifier for a preschooler must be put where the child cannot get him so that he does not accidentally overturn it.
As for the model, you need to choose a small device for the bedroom, with the “night” mode so that it does not interfere with sleeping people sensitive to sound.
Option 3. Teenager
These rooms are intended for work or study, which means that they contain books, educational publications, computer technology, for which high humidity is a danger.
Therefore, we choose a place for the device so that it is away from the desk and shelves with books.
Option 4. Living room or hall
In these rooms, family members and guests usually gather in the apartment. The rooms are usually large, spacious, well heated, therefore they need to moisturize. Due to the large area of the options for the location of the devices, there may be several.
Determine where it is better to put, you can according to the recommendations of manufacturers of the model. If this is a floor device, then it must be placed on the floor, on an even and stable base. If the model is powerful, you need to ensure that condensate that is dangerous for carpets, parquet, laminate, plank floors, wood and pickle slab is not formed around it.
Compact models can be put on a table, on a windowsill, shelf. The sprayer must be directed to the center of the room so that the steam does not damage the furniture.
Option 5. Greenhouse or winter garden
Moisture and heat emanating from the device positively act on plants. Where to put a humidifier in the winter garden: near moisture.Loving plants, those that love dry air should be located away.
The model must be selected with adjustment, since moisture should not fall on the leaves of some species.
Regardless of which device and where it will be installed, the room should be well ventilated, otherwise the stagnant wet air can lead to rotting of plant parts and their death.
Where to put a humidifier?
When using a moisturizer, the correct placement is crucial. So, if you do not spend much time in your bedroom and, for example, no one sleeps in the children’s room, it will be pointless to put a humidifier here.
Or maybe you want to increase humidity in the living room, because this is the largest room or where everyone spends most of the time. You must place a humidifier where you need it the most. In addition, you must definitely choose the correct size of the device depending on the square of the room.