The difference between a stationary and submersible blender
No modern mistress can do without technological kitchen assistants. And this is understandable, because they greatly simplify our lives, making the process of cooking fast, simple and pleasant. Just a couple of decades ago, we were forced to crush the bow with our own hands, simultaneously brushing off the tears on the cheeks. And it’s not worth talking about whipping the cream for the cake, because it is clear that such work took a lot of time and effort from a person. Today, all these functions take on available and easy to operate blends. These devices are divided into two main types.
Stationary blender. An electric device for grinding products, consisting of a stable base of the case, capacity and cover. The device can have both mechanical and electronic control. In the latter case, it is enough to load the ingredients into the bowl, select the mode and press the button. As soon as the blender copes with his task, he will notify the owner of this with a ringing signal. In addition to grinding products, the device can perform a number of additional functions. With it, you can prepare emulsions and mashed potatoes, beat mousses and creams, chop ice, etc. D. Thus, the device is a cross between a mixer and a kitchen combine. Some models also replace the juicer, meat grinder and coffee grinder. It is worth noting that the general name of devices of this kind comes from the English word Blend, which means “mix”.
Submersible blender. An electrical appliance for grinding products, consisting of an oblong handle with a built.In engine and controls and containers for mixing products. A variety of bowls and nozzles may also include the configuration. The latter are installed directly on the handle. In addition to the nozzle-tolerator, the device is equipped with a mixer for whipping products. Submersible blender is controlled exclusively by mechanically. It is equipped with a switch and a button for speed adjustment. The submersible part of the device is made of stainless steel or plastic. At the end of the rod, a two.Lane knife is usually placed, surrounded by a protective cap. He not only makes the process of working with the device safer, but also minimizes the likelihood of spraying the mass.
Comparison is which is better
Blenders can be divided into several groups according to the design features:
Each of the blends has its own purpose and features of use. The power of stationary devices reaches 3 kW, although for the preparation of most products a value of 300 W is enough. 400-450 W blender is widely functioned and can grind meat, hard cheese. But in order to stab nuts, crush ice or knead a thick dough, it is better to buy a device with a capacity of 1kW.
You can not overload the blender because it can break.
Which blender to buy, largely depends on how many dishes you usually cook. The more and more often, the more modes you need to use. For most procedures, 2 speed modes are enough. But those who cook a lot, it is better to take a blender for 5-8 modes.
The presence of turbo ground means that the device will be able to start at maximum speed practically without overclocking. The pulse mode allows you to save electricity and not load the device too much. The essence of the process is that the blender periodically stops and starts again. It is used if you need to grind solid products.
Types of blender
There are several types of blends on the market. We’ll talk about them in more detail below, analyze the strengths and weaknesses of each type.
It is not in vain called manual, because it consists of a long handle, which ends with a connector for attaching various kinds of nozzles. Depending on each model and brand, manufacturers invest a certain number of nozzles, among them there may be:
- A whisk (thereby replacing a mixer perfectly),
- Grinder (use for cutting vegetables into soup, t.To. I do not like a grater),
- Measured cup with markings,
- Grinding bowl,
- Vacuum pump,
- Shinking disks, rubbing and cutting products.
Such a blender takes up very little space, and it is convenient to cook with it if you want to control the process yourself. This is due to the fact that the device is controlled mechanically when the button is pressed. Thus, you will have to mix the contents yourself, clamping the start key.
This blender is especially useful for manufacturing: baby food, soups, vegetable and fruit puree, souffli, salads. What else can be prepared, read in this article.
What to look for when choosing a submersible blender
- Speed (the number of speeds can reach 30 points, on average 12 is quite sufficient);
- Power (from 300 watts is already enough, but not for all products, also remember that this type of device has a power is always less than in stationary. I have 750 watts, quite enough for the main dishes);
- Nozzles (give preference to stainless steel details).
- For the family more than one person, choose a more bowl for more.
The obvious minus of the blender of this type may be the fact that he constantly has to hold in his hand. You cannot leave for a second, and muscles get tired of long work. Experts recommend using a good submersible blender for small volumes, while for large ones to use stationary or combined.
A stationary house blender is a control stand on which there is a volumetric bowl. There are two interchangeable legs at the bottom.
BPA Free marking guarantees that the material of the bowl will not contain harmful elements in the composition. There is a direct dependence between the power of the device and the material from which the bowl is made: the higher one indicator, the higher the qualities should have another.
You do not need to stand and control the process, and improved models contain the function of self.Cleaning, in which the device does not need to be disassembled for washing.
Consumers call this device simply “the king of the smoke”, in addition, it is convenient for them to cut and grind foods, mix and whisk, cook various nutrient drinks.
What to look for when choosing a stationary blender
- The volume of the bowl. I recommend buying a larger bowl (smaller if you wish can be purchased later). For sale, bowls are put up to 2.5. Study the knives, it is important that they are intact, and their number varies from 4 to 6 pieces, because only in this situation the products will mix uniformly.
- Power. When choosing this type of device, remember that the power should be at least 700 watts, otherwise, you only waste time in vain.
- Cup material. There is a fairly high range of material selection: glass, acrylic, plastic. Preference, as a rule, is given to glass, because in the process of cooking it does not deform, does not scratch, does not darken, does not stain and does not absorb smells. Also, due to resistance to temperatures, in a glass bowl you can whip cream-soups. The lack of glass is that this is still a fragile material. High.Quality plastic is much safer: it will not break and will not absorb odors, but it can be painted.
- Product material. It is better to give preference to models with metal details, they will be stronger and last longer, unlike plastic, which can be deformed. The price of the product comes from this: metal is more expensive.
- Management method. Here, experts have no special disagreements, choose models with a display, buttons, a pen, in general, what is convenient for you.
- Stability of the design. The device must stand steadily on the surface, and not move in the process of working on it. The designers of the device add rubber gaskets or suction cups to the bottom of the blender to ensure this stability.
- Noise. Thin walls? Small child? Or maybe you just decided to please loved ones in the morning? If this is about you, then pay attention to this item, as a rule, it is indicated in the instructions: the smaller the value in the “noise level” column, the quieter the device in use.
- Revolutions. The effect of complete grinding for beneficial drinks and duffed masses is created using the number of revolutions. There are about 30-35 thousand per minute in a stationary blender. Also do not pass by the models equipped with turbo ground.
- The size. Manufacturers seek to make a device more and more ergonomic and compact. Here the choice is again for you.
Research: Blender 2.83 CYCLES vs Maya 2020.2 ARNOLD (4K) – Speed 400%
But add a spoon of tar, a stationary device takes up more space at times than a submersible.
8 Blender Hacks You’ll Wish You Knew Sooner
Varieties of devices
Modern blends are divided into two main types: stationary and submersible. Let’s try to figure out which blender is better: a deck device or a manual device.
Stationary blends consist of a housing and a removable capacity. In the upper part (bowl) there are lobed knives necessary for grinding or mixing ingredients, in the lower part (body) there is an electrical mechanism that drives the very knives. A set of products is laid in a container, closed the lid, after which the button is pressed by pressing the mechanism.
- Mixing drinks, cocktails;
- Preparation of juices, mashed potatoes, soups, darkness;
- Whipping creams, sauces;
- Cooking liquid dough for pancakes;
- Kolka ice.
The power of modern stationary blends varies from 180 to 2270 watts. Naturally, low-power devices are more suitable for whipping drinks, making soups-puree. 300-650 watts devices are a good choice for working with liquid and moderately solid products. Units of even greater power, in addition to the above, cope with grinding solid and viscous ingredients.
The volume of the jug can vary from 400 ml to 2 liters. Naturally, which is better to choose, everyone decides individually. For example, for a family of three or four people, 1.5 liters of capacity will be enough.
Bowls are usually made of plastic, glass and metal. The latter are considered the most expensive. Although the glass is slightly weighed down by the device, but using a glass container, you can observe the process of cooking. In addition, this material does not absorb extraneous smells. Grunt plastic jugs are the most common, affordable and replaced. The choice of such material should be very responsible, since poor.Quality plastic can ruin the taste of the product.
Typically, the bowls have a convenient nose that facilitates the pouring of the cooked product. An additional plus is a hole on the lid, thanks to which there is no need to stop the work of the entire device to add ingredients.
The uniqueness of stationary devices in the presence of additional nozzles and containers. In addition to the universal shredder present in each such device, it often includes a mill for grinding individual products smaller than a volume bowl, a corolla, a tightly closed glass for the removal of the cooked drink from the house.
Stationary blends differ in number of speeds. The simplest devices work at the same speed. However, there are more advanced models, the number of speeds of which can reach twenty.
An additional plus of such devices in the presence of a special mode, called protection against overheating. Thanks to this function, in case of danger, the blender is turned off automatically.
Advantages of a stationary device:
- Works independently, does not need support;
- It is convenient to cook drinks, soups-puree, dough for pancakes;
- You can inject ice;
- The function of self.Cleaning facilitates care;
- Simplicity of operation;
- Affordable price.
- Requires a separate place on the table;
- Works only in a special container;
- Usually grinds large portions;
- It does not cope with the grinding of solid vegetables, meat.
So that whipping with a whisk does not take a lot of time and effort, we suggest choosing a submersible blender. The device consists of two parts: a metal or plastic handle inside which is a motor, and a rotating nozzle with knives. By the way, the more blades at the knife, the better the products are crushed. There is no container in the kit to the blender, since it works with any dishes. This wonderful device will completely replace a mixer, a meat grinder, a coffee grinder, a kitchen harvester.
The most optimal option for home is a durable device with a capacity of 350 watts. The blender should not be too heavy, because he will have to hold it for a while. The case material is made of metal or durable plastic. Both options have the right to life. The presence of rubberized inserts on the handle is an important nuance that must be taken into account when buying, otherwise the device will simply slip out of hands.
Although devices with metal nozzles are more expensive, they are considered more durable, durable, easy to clean. Venels made of plastic will last less, there is a possibility that the plastic will break into harmful components over time. In addition, they cannot be immersed in a hot environment.
Like stationary, submersible bleeders crushing products at several speeds. The device that uses five speeds is considered the most suitable option for the home. Such units are also equipped with a nozzle with a knife (sometimes there are options with removable knives), whisking, nozzles for puree, etc.
Submersible bleeders can work, as well as stationary, from the network. Nevertheless, there are also wireless models. Naturally, due to the fact that there is a battery in the handle, they are somewhat heavy and less powerful. The operating time of such a device does not exceed 30 minutes, after which it must be set for recharging. But, using such a device, you do not get tied to one place, on the contrary, move freely around the house. This blender is an ideal choice for a family with young children.
Let’s try to figure out how the submersible blender differs from the stationary, consider the pros and cons of such devices.
- Mixes in any bowl (unlike stationary);
- It is better to choose for the preparation of small portions;
- If necessary, you can change the position of the knife;
- Does not require much time to prepare for work;
- Easy to wash, easy to maintain and storage.
- Not always high.Quality grinds hard products;
- Worse than a stationary whipes cocktails;
- Wireless models are designed for a short time of work;
- It is difficult to achieve a homogeneous consistency;
- It is necessary to hold in the hand, which leads to fatigue;
- High price.
Which of the blends is suitable for cooking soup puree?
Today in fashion, dishes that have a homogeneous delicate consistency. They can be prepared from almost any ingredients. You can see a pumpkin, lentils, spinach, cheese, tomatoes among the ingredients.
To grind products to the state of soup-puree, a stationary blender may be needed. Its feature is a cyclone mixing technology, which is why the device creates powerful vortices, which easily mixes liquids. This creates a gravitational effect, which is why the contents of the bowl turns into the right one and does not leave a single lump.
The submersible blender is also quite an option, but after it the future soup of the puree can and even need to pass through a large sieve, because at the bottom of the saucepan there may be a lump or piece.
Number of speeds
All blends have from 1 to 15 speeds. The best option for the kitchen apparatus is the presence of at least three, which will allow you to adjust the speed when whipping, for example, eggs or when cutting, shining vegetables with large or small cubes.
Some manufacturers have concerned about the preparation of various cocktails, mashed potatoes, berry smoothies in situations of the lack of electricity. A wireless blender was released to solve such a problem. Its purpose does not differ from the usual, it also grinds well and mixes products. A feature of the device is the absence of the need for an electric network, sockets, since the device works from the battery.
Most often, a wireless blender is a submersible type-this is a pen with an electric motor and the main nozzle-knife, which also needs to be held in the hand during operation, and grind the products in a deep container, cup, glass or Kostryul.
If there are additional nozzles, the device turns into a mixer, a kitchen combine, but unlike them a wireless type of blender, you can take with you on a trip, to the country, to a picnic, which is incredibly convenient where there is no electricity. One charge is usually enough to make mashed potatoes of 20 bowls. It is better to choose wireless models with a capacity of 500 watts. It is worth noting that a wireless blender can also be bought in a store, but it will cost a little more than usual.
The power of a stationary blender
The task of rotating knives in a blender is grinding and mixing the ingredients, and this work is faster than a more speedy device. The speed of rotation of the cutting unit in a stationary blender directly depends on the power of the electric motor.
Products can be soft, dense, hard, with heterogeneous layers in texture. The faster the knives rotate, the better and at a lesser time period the stationary blender copes with the grinding of products of different consistency. The high.Speed model is within the force of grinding solid and complex ingredients, which for a low.Power device is an excessive task.
The purpose of stationary blends depends on the performance of the motor and capacity of the jug. Professional models (for kitchen/bar) and for home use are produced. Professional models are characterized by a capacity of 1.5 kW, in the most speed parameters can reach values of 3 kW/30,000 about./min.
In household chosen ones, the power parameter varies depending on the price segment.
- 300. 500 W. Budget models. Suitable for the preparation of cocktails and yogurts from milk/kefir and berries without the use of ice, whipping eggs, preparing liquid dough (as for pancakes) and solving other similar problems.
- 600. 800 W. Devices of average price. Applicable for grinding boiled and raw vegetables, fruits, nuts, boiled meat, cooking soups, smoothies, etc.D.
- To grind ice, you need a device with a capacity of at least 1000 watts. To such a semi.Professional blender, chopped frozen meat, make a kneading dough (biscuit, for pancakes).
A powerful stationary blender will cope with an ice stake
A powerful device in a matter of seconds copes with simple products. To complete a similar task with the help of a low.Power blender, you will need a few minutes.
It is worth remembering that in the characteristics of the device, manufacturers indicate the peak power value. The parameter characterizes the ability of the motor for a short time to work with the specified maximum return. For example, when turning on a turbo mode. The standard operating mode of even the highest.Productive devices does not exceed 500 watts.
Is there a difference between a stationary and submersible blender, and which is considered better? You cannot unequivocally answer this question, since each species has its own pros and cons of. For example, submersible virtuoso grinds products, and stationary is indispensable in the preparation of various mousses and cocktails. If you need a large number of servings, then it is better to use the first, but if there is no need to use the device 100%, you can opt for the second.
The solution always remains with you, but before you purchase kitchen devices, think about what functions you need, and then you will easily find answers to all questions.